P-Bot
P-Bot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Bot
Level 02
Blank Slate
Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Hello NG-fans! P-Bot here, with Friday's hottest games and movies submitted to the Portal:

Here are the runners up for the day (poor guys!)

1. Anusboy: The Movie Teaser, by W-P-S
  2. Tanooky Tracks, by BenRadish
  3. Castaway Island TD, by likwidgames
  4. Chav Buster, by box10
  5. Super Mario Bombastic!, by Buziol-Games

We also have new submissions by the following popular artists:
ZombieLincoln, FoXcatO, lolmetaknight, selfdefiant, Budge007, Fuzi0n, Gameitnow, ScrewClock and petee.

What does everyone think of these submissions?

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 12:46 AM Reply

The daily prize was stolen by a spammer pretending to be part of Soup Squad. It is not a Soup flash. I assume it's from a user who I banned from the forums recently. It's sad, really.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
guitan11
guitan11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 12:56 AM Reply

today's competition was NOT FAIR! the winner sabotaged the other submissions giving them multiple 0's and giving himself 5's and the guy even goes on to say that he will "DESTROY NEWGROUNDS BY SUBMITTING FLASH TO IT AND YOU CANT STOP US F**K YOU DADDY".
can we blam people? or maybe we can just spam the hell out of him >:(

HELL YEAH I'M PISSED OFF! i worked for two months on my submission!! and all to just be burned by some fool!!??

I'LL SHOW YOU MY NEW MOVE!

BBS Signature
Budj
Budj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Animator
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 01:38 AM Reply

Might I ask why my Flash isn't listed here or on the front page? Don't say it's because it's shit, because that's a lie. :<

thantounderscore
thantounderscore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 02:08 AM Reply

I like how the #1 flash of the day was blammed.

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 02:31 AM Reply

At 8/19/11 01:38 AM, Budge007 wrote: Might I ask why my Flash isn't listed here or on the front page? Don't say it's because it's shit, because that's a lie. :<

It is listed here under We also have new submissions by the following popular artists, I see your name there.

xboxbob11
xboxbob11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Musician
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 03:32 AM Reply

At 8/19/11 02:08 AM, thantounderscore wrote: I like how the #1 flash of the day was blammed.

You don't see that kind of stuff too often. Probably just an obnoxious prank that nobody asked for.

The deeper you delve, the more strategizing is involved.

BBS Signature
FlazTheSundog
FlazTheSundog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 05:14 AM Reply

I'm not a sore loser, and I know I might sound like on, but I was only knocked into second place because of a spike in the other one's score for the last one minute of the day, plus it ended up being blammed because it was spam, so, shouldn't I be in Daily 1st?

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 06:15 AM Reply

At 8/19/11 05:14 AM, FlazTheSundog wrote: shouldn't I be in Daily 1st?

Yes but it doesn't refresh the awards when this happens, it used to before this current design for daily awards anyway. But yeah, that's just what happens, it's happend before, it'd be nice if it did.

sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 40
Programmer
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 06:16 AM Reply

At 8/19/11 05:14 AM, FlazTheSundog wrote: I'm not a sore loser, and I know I might sound like on, but I was only knocked into second place because of a spike in the other one's score for the last one minute of the day, plus it ended up being blammed because it was spam, so, shouldn't I be in Daily 1st?

Yeah. You should be, but P-bot already did his thing, so you just gotta deal with it and move on I guess.

I liked your animation by the way. It reminded me of how to train your dragon before I even clicked on it.

BBS Signature
FlazTheSundog
FlazTheSundog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 08:24 AM Reply

At 8/19/11 06:16 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 8/19/11 05:14 AM, FlazTheSundog wrote: I'm not a sore loser, and I know I might sound like on, but I was only knocked into second place because of a spike in the other one's score for the last one minute of the day, plus it ended up being blammed because it was spam, so, shouldn't I be in Daily 1st?
Yeah. You should be, but P-bot already did his thing, so you just gotta deal with it and move on I guess.

I liked your animation by the way. It reminded me of how to train your dragon before I even clicked on it.

Thanks a lot, I'm still just gutted. And not because of the trophy, because past daily winners have a link on the portal don't they? Surely they wouldn't leave a link to a blammed submission up for 15 days. And I'm sure all it'd take to correct it would be for someone to press a few buttons to correct it.

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 10:45 AM Reply

People might say, "Hey at least the cheat is gone so move on even though your flash won't get the trophy it got robbed of."

But the system is fucked up and should be fixed.

Whenever a flash in the top 5 gets deleted, the flash behind it should move up and take it's place. This is how it should work, not like this!

Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
molkman
molkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 11:14 AM Reply

Same happened to me on Look Out, Mr Johnson! . (Not because of spam, but because of a stolen submission) It's really annoying, but I guess there's not much to do about it.

It's kind of cute in a way NG still has these occasions and isn't another company-led fumigated site.

XO

FlazTheSundog
FlazTheSundog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 11:45 AM Reply

It's kind of cute in a way NG still has these occasions and isn't another company-led fumigated site.

I don't know. I'd have thought that they'd care about something like this and restore everything to normality precisely because they aren't a faceless, soulless company.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 11:50 AM Reply

At 8/19/11 11:45 AM, FlazTheSundog wrote:
I don't know. I'd have thought that they'd care about something like this and restore everything to normality precisely because they aren't a faceless, soulless company.

Wellll i think the way its setup its very clunky and so to manually go in and alter p-bot to fix something might be too open heart surgery for a single day and rare mishap. I can only speak on that from my own view though so I could be way off. I assume this will be sorted in the redesigned portal which is just a matter of days away anyway.

None

FlazTheSundog
FlazTheSundog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 12:09 PM Reply

Wellll i think the way its setup its very clunky and so to manually go in and alter p-bot to fix something might be too open heart surgery for a single day and rare mishap. I can only speak on that from my own view though so I could be way off. I assume this will be sorted in the redesigned portal which is just a matter of days away anyway.

I'm not saying the whole of P-Bot should be changed, I just wish I could get the first prize and place on the past daily winners that I think I deserve. I made a thread in the general forum about it, I'm hoping that'll get some support http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1267 017

It might be a small problem, but not to me, I worked for months on that animation and am really pleased with it.

Safaran
Safaran
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 01:14 PM Reply

Bleh.

/\Safaran's Post>Safaran's Signature\/

BBS Signature
Stickman91
Stickman91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Programmer
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 8/19/11 12:09 PM, FlazTheSundog wrote: I'm not saying the whole of P-Bot should be changed, I just wish I could get the first prize and place on the past daily winners that I think I deserve. I made a thread in the general forum about it, I'm hoping that'll get some support http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1267 017

It might be a small problem, but not to me, I worked for months on that animation and am really pleased with it.

Don't get flustered, bud. The fact that you didn't get the award and the spot on the "Past Daily Winners" page you technically deserve doesn't change the fact that you made a really great animation that many people (myself included) are enjoying. Why get upset over something like this?

At 8/19/11 11:14 AM, molkman wrote: It's kind of cute in a way NG still has these occasions and isn't another company-led fumigated site.

Agreed.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 8/19/11 12:09 PM, FlazTheSundog wrote:
I'm not saying the whole of P-Bot should be changed, I just wish I could get the first prize and place on the past daily winners that I think I deserve. I made a thread in the general forum about it, I'm hoping that'll get some support http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1267 017

Well Tom is on vacation right now, so nothing can be done until he gets back, because its his website.

None

Krutches
Krutches
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 03:14 PM Reply

This guy made a fake SoupSquad flash on my birthday...
What a dick.

Like a Khan.

BBS Signature
EdgeFrenzy
EdgeFrenzy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Dragon flight should've won.

rockossss
rockossss
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 05:23 PM Reply

you totaly should be they at least make it up to you by putting it on weekly or top 50 or something. your flash amazed me and some how you got beat by a blammed flash

FlazTheSundog
FlazTheSundog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Top entries from 08/18/2011! Aug. 19th, 2011 @ 08:50 PM Reply

What's more annoying than anything is that my thread has been locked for no apparent reason. The moderator who locked it doesn't seem to have even read what I said. Take a look for yourselves. I need support to try and get this corrected.