00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

US lacks universal health care!!

784 Views | 16 Replies

US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 19:38:34

I used to be mad about the U.S. lacking universal health care. Now I am happy about it, though.
Think about this: Some poor moron smokes a pack of cigarettes every single day. He gets cancer. Then YOU paid taxes that funded this guy's free health care. Is that FAIR for YOU if that poor moron CHOSE to smoke? NO.

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 19:41:45

Basically Democrats want everyone to be responsible for everyone else's problems regardless of whether or not one is at fault for his own problems.

Sucks right?

This is similar to why Social Security is an awful program. Everyone pays a certain percentage of their income to fund someone else's retirement. You're not paying into your own little reserve of cash--once you put your money in it's gone in an instant. And the Social Security fund is just about used up too. FUN RIGHT?

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 19:45:31

At 8/18/11 07:38 PM, beakerboy wrote: Is that FAIR for YOU if that poor moron CHOSE to smoke? NO.

It's the price you have to pay if you want every person to have a safety net in case they get fucked over by causes they're not responsible for themselves.

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 20:27:56

At 8/18/11 07:45 PM, SBB wrote:
At 8/18/11 07:38 PM, beakerboy wrote: Is that FAIR for YOU if that poor moron CHOSE to smoke? NO.
It's the price you have to pay if you want every person to have a safety net in case they get fucked over by causes they're not responsible for themselves.

The problem with this logic is that there are significantly more people that make poor life choices than there are people who make good life choices and end up getting screwed over by causes beyond their control.

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 20:30:30

or you could have cancer come from nowhere and a low end job, and still have the best medical treatment out there for the same cost as a busted finger..

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 20:36:15

So? There are millions of people every year in this country who get injured or a disease, and they did nothing to cause it. A shit load of those people are poor and cannot afford health insurance, so they end up being thrown out of the hospital, or get stuck in the ER with a massive bill they have no way to afford paying off. Sure, some assholes will abuse the system, but the giant chunk of people that need health care will be able to get it.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 20:42:49

If you can't afford health care then you don't deserve it. nuf said.

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 21:58:24

At 8/18/11 08:30 PM, tox wrote: or you could have cancer come from nowhere and a low end job, and still have the best medical treatment out there for the same cost as a busted finger..

HEY GUYS BAD STUFF CAME ONTO ME FROM NOWHERE (not inferior genes, smoking, or overexposure to radiation) AND IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIX IT. Also, forcing other people to pay the cost of something doesn't actually change the cost.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 22:00:20

The reason we need health care and welfare programs is that while some people may end up injured or sick because it's their fault, many people are not. Take, for instance, someone who doesn't have health insurance and gets hit by a car. I think not being able to pay the bills for an accident like that is the number one cause of people going broke. So for those people, they may not be paying very high taxes due to the fact that the government is not sustaining universal health care, but they'll end up getting charged more than they would have paid if they get into an accident. So we can have everyone pay a little bit more to take care of everyone, or we could leave everyone stranded and watch as we the people are financially annihilated one by one.

Health care is a safety net with benefits that far outweigh the downsides.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 22:01:17

At 8/18/11 08:27 PM, Archawn wrote: The problem with this logic is that there are significantly more people that make poor life choices than there are people who make good life choices and end up getting screwed over by causes beyond their control.

did you really just imply that most diseases are directly caused by the person.

and that this somehow makes it okay to deprive people who didn't cause their affliction of medical care.

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 22:01:30

At 8/18/11 07:38 PM, beakerboy wrote: I used to be mad about the U.S. lacking universal health care. Now I am happy about it, though.
Think about this: Some poor moron smokes a pack of cigarettes every single day. He gets cancer. Then YOU paid taxes that funded this guy's free health care. Is that FAIR for YOU if that poor moron CHOSE to smoke? NO.

What if the cancer has nothing to do with his smoking habits?

And our tax money already goes towards the stupidest shit.

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 22:18:10

At 8/18/11 09:58 PM, ohbombuh wrote: HEY GUYS BAD STUFF CAME ONTO ME FROM NOWHERE (not inferior genes,

when bill told me that he got pancreatic cancer i almost felt bad until he told me that it came from his poor genes! what a fucking asshole!

smoking,

for future reference in this thread, lung cancer accounts for 3% of cancer cases. stop being fucking idiots.

or overexposure to radiation)

also rare.

AND IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIX IT (I can only convey sarcasm in all capital letters)

AND BY YOUR JOB TO FIX IT I MEAN THAT A HUNDRED THOUSANDTH OF A PENNY FROM EVERY PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES INCLUDING MY OWN PENNY WILL GO TOWARDS FIXING IT AND ALSO WHEN YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY GET SICK WITH A LIFE THREATENING ILLNESS EVERYONE'S PENNY WILL DIRECTLY HELP YOU AND YOU PROBABLY WONT BE CRYING ABOUT UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE THEN

Also, forcing other people to pay the cost of something doesn't actually change the cost.

Um, yes it would lol. We would save money with universal health care. You don't understand the difference between privatized health care and public health care because you are a moron. I do not blame you for being a moron but please do not try to argue a subject which you know little about until you decide to educate yourself.

Also I'm curious, how exactly do you and the other fucking idiots in this thread think that universal health care works? You don't just get a fucking bill in the mail that says that Joe Anderson from Iowa broke his knee and you have to pay for his $1000 medical bill. Everyone pays towards it and the end result is that it is much more affordable and beneficial to the vast majority of Americans.

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 22:19:50

At 8/18/11 08:27 PM, Archawn wrote: there are significantly more people that make poor life choices than there are people who make good life choices and end up getting screwed over by causes beyond their control.

^ Fucking clueless

bro at me come

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-18 22:32:54

At 8/18/11 10:18 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 8/18/11 09:58 PM, ohbombuh wrote: HEY GUYS BAD STUFF CAME ONTO ME FROM NOWHERE (not inferior genes,
when bill told me that he got pancreatic cancer i almost felt bad until he told me that it came from his poor genes! what a fucking asshole!

It's not like it came from nowhere. Natural selection is at work.

smoking,
for future reference in this thread, lung cancer accounts for 3% of cancer cases. stop being fucking idiots.

0.03=0, Idiots!!!1!

or overexposure to radiation)
also rare.

Consider all the different kinds of radiation. I'm not just talking about nuclear plant workers.

AND IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIX IT (I can only convey sarcasm in all capital letters and so can my critics)
AND BY YOUR JOB TO FIX IT I MEAN THAT A HUNDRED THOUSANDTH OF A PENNY FROM EVERY PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES INCLUDING MY OWN PENNY WILL GO TOWARDS FIXING IT AND ALSO WHEN YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY GET SICK WITH A LIFE THREATENING ILLNESS EVERYONE'S PENNY WILL DIRECTLY HELP YOU AND YOU PROBABLY WONT BE CRYING ABOUT UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE THEN

1. That racks up with all the unnecessary expenses of universal healthcare. It would hardly be a small cost out of each salary when you consider a nation of health problems.
2. I wouldn't force others to fix my family's health problems. It's my family, not theirs.

Also, forcing other people to pay the cost of something doesn't actually change the cost.
Um, yes it would lol. We would save money with universal health care. You don't understand the difference between privatized health care and public health care because you are a moron. I do not blame you for being a moron but please do not try to argue a subject which you know little about until you decide to educate yourself.

State reverse of opponent's point, provide no evidence, generically insult opponent, assume everybody will vote my way, ego-profit.

Also I'm curious, how exactly do you and the other fucking idiots in this thread think that universal health care works? You don't just get a fucking bill in the mail that says that Joe Anderson from Iowa broke his knee and you have to pay for his $1000 medical bill. Everyone pays towards it and the end result is that it is much more affordable and beneficial to the vast majority of Americans.

Don't be absurd. The government gets a bill and just taxes everybody more. The problem there is that not every expense is necessary or even deserved. If the people in question could take out a long-term loan and pay off their expenses, they'd be worth it (and that could happen privately). But if people rack up such a huge bill that they could never pay it off compared to investments in other areas, society as a whole gets a net loss from devoting time/energy/resources to pulling them back up.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-19 01:23:16

At 8/18/11 10:00 PM, Kwing wrote: So we can have everyone pay a little bit more to take care of everyone, or we could leave everyone stranded and watch as we the people are financially annihilated one by one.

Health care is a safety net with benefits that far outweigh the downsides.

And what about the people that can barely get by because of our all ready high taxes?

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-19 01:27:50

I love the smell of salmonella infested, half baked political topics from retards in the morning.
However there is a totally separate forum that this is supposed to go to where my nose won't be offended.
I suggest you post there.

DJHeat=my hero! (at least 4 the next half hr. Then i'll be all like DJHeat whodat? lol balls)

IF I SEEM GAY TO YOU THEN READ THIS THREAD

BBS Signature

Response to US lacks universal health care!! 2011-08-19 03:09:11

Your parents pay for your medical insurance, OP. You're a kid, don't act like you know how much not having universal health care sucks.

Ever been stuck with an ailment because you couldn't afford going to the doctor? Ever been sent bills years later for thousands of dollars you don't have?

Yeah, didn't think so. And your logic is retarded.