It's time for television ads.

Addict
Addict
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:13 PM Reply

i could care less if this place died it has one of the worst userbases i've seen, much worse than some star wars forums filled with obese middle-aged males

im just here to reach 10,000 posts

- [22:09:28] CASH MANN: fuck you dale - LIVE LOVE A$VP - #23 -

BBS Signature
Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:13 PM Reply

One thing I've noticed is that there are far fewer photoshop threads, and the ones that are here are pretty damn rubbish, which sucks. Great photoshop threads were one of the things I really liked about General a few years back.

Damn, I sound like an old guy...

As for Flash, everything that comes through the portal gets 200 views minimum before they're even allowed permanently onto the site. Good luck trying to get that many views for a Flash on YouTube. When stuff can no longer get enough votes in a day to get through the portal, then we should get really worried.

ghostxero
ghostxero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:16 PM Reply

10 minutes after it hit 1000 users it was going down

if my calculations are correct. When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, your gonna see some serious shit!

BBS Signature
SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 8/17/11 06:13 PM, Addict wrote: i could care less if this place died it has one of the worst userbases i've seen, much worse than some star wars forums filled with obese middle-aged males

why the fuck would you even want 10000 posts if you don't like it here?

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:03 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 06:13 PM, Addict wrote: i could care less if this place died it has one of the worst userbases i've seen, much worse than some star wars forums filled with obese middle-aged males

Also it's couldn't care less.COULDN'T

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:03 PM Reply

Well the reason behind Clock Day is that we tend to get newer users here year after year and they don't know what Clock Day is, who The Clock Crew was, and what B is. They don't know. Clock Day although I love it much has celebrated it's 10th Anniversary and I think that Clock Day should come to a close now as a holiday here on Newgrounds, sadly enough.

As far as drawing in flash artists, we still get flash artists here daily submitting their works, this is a site to share your works with and become popular enough to pull people onto your own site that showcases your works and talents.

The redesign has been cleaning a lot of things up lately which when it is released I will hope will bring many other creators together from those who do animation, make games, do art, voice act, and write. Only good can come from this pure and simple.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:04 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 05:19 PM, Figter wrote: Flash is getting old and boring.. i think thats where the problem lies in thes case.,.

Hopefully if that's so then I guess that the upcoming Unity support may rekindle the so-called "dying" fire in the Portal...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:49 PM Reply

Newgrounds, I barely new 'ye.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:53 PM Reply

Newgrounds is on the older side of a decade. Tom will not let it die overnight; in fact, I think this redesign will increase traffic. Who knows what wonders await us.

Dora Revolution | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
mariozplaze
mariozplaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:57 PM Reply

It better not quit, I just joined!!!!
Although I do get worried about my favorite sites getting shut down, but here's my philosophy:
"If you worry about something happening, it wilk happen"

I am all over the web, here are my accounts in some of those places.
[ROBLOX] [Youtube] [Yahoo Answers]

Bill-Premo
Bill-Premo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:03 PM Reply

Hey, it's going to be alright.

mariozplaze
mariozplaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:04 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 05:19 PM, Figter wrote: Flash is getting old and boring.. i think thats where the problem lies in thes case.,.

The Flashes I'll make won't be boring!

You wait and see!

I am all over the web, here are my accounts in some of those places.
[ROBLOX] [Youtube] [Yahoo Answers]

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:05 PM Reply

I think Clock Days slowing down has more to do with old users leaving and new users not knowing of the tradition more than anything.

I'd love to see some of liljims figures right about now.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
14hourlunchbreak
14hourlunchbreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Game Developer
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 06:13 PM, Addict wrote: i could care less if this place died it has one of the worst userbases i've seen

LOL forum users != userbase. A very small percentage of Newgrounders go to the Forums, let alone General.

As for Newgrounds having less active animators, I have to disagree. There have been many incredibly great newcomers in the past year or two. RicePirate made DotDotDot that has reached 1mil+ views on NG alone. RedMinus is a fantastic artist that is very involved with the community.

BBS Signature
slipstrike
slipstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:15 PM Reply

I'd be pretty pissed if I were to finally get to making flash movies and just as I'm about to submit my first, Tom comes in and says "Sorry, we're closed forever, GTFO."

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:15 PM Reply

It should come as no surprise that sites like Newgrounds have a hard time at the moment, I highly doubt NG will ever reach the same No. of visitors they had in earlier years, unless Tom expands on the formula a bit. Mobile devices make up a large part of internet traffic nowadays, and there's no way you can play a Flash game on a phone and have the same experience as you would have playing it on a PC. People are moving to the app marketplaces for their casual games. Same thing partially goes for Flash movies, I use my iPad for casual browsing nowadays, and I can't watch Flash animations on that, ironically I can watch them on YT/Vimeo if the author uploads them there.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:21 PM Reply

Just because a crew doesn't post that many videos, doesn't mean newgrounds is dying. The crew could just be dying. Which I hope, since I rarely see any good flash content from those crews.

SteelChair
SteelChair
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:22 PM Reply

I sorta understand this, we may not have a ton of users online. Unlike Gaia online and that one bestiality forum.. But I do agree.. But aren't we good enough with Oney and Egoraptor? Maybe we can yell at soulja boy to give us more publicity.

Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Newgrounds has always had bigger, more popular competitors. The difference is Newgrounds is the birth place to a lot of wonderful talent, and artistic worth. It's not another 13 year old on webcam talking about why he loves Black Ops, it's not another bull shit funny faced meme from 4chan, there's a lot of creative talent here.

While I think Newgrounds will always be the underdog still, it will never go out of style. It will be the wonderkid of the internet that creates the pure gold of animation and games that everyone else enjoys, but nobody knows it's origins for.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
Polonium
Polonium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 03:10 PM, Markface wrote: Newgrounds has always had bigger, more popular competitors. The difference is Newgrounds is the birth place to a lot of wonderful talent, and artistic worth.

lmao no

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 04:37 PM Reply

All the spam crews turned a lot of people away from ng, granted most don't exist anymore but still they show up from time to time and cause more uses to just leave, hell every seems to vote 5 too now with the amount of garbage & spam in the portal/complete rips of others works & so on.

Personally Clock crew back when it started was good but the following years just introduced spam & crappy submissions in the name of CC the quality is barely there in CC flashes take this years so many horrible submissions very few actually decent ones.

BBS Signature
lolomfgisuck
lolomfgisuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 05:12 PM, JaY11 wrote: I'm hardly interested in flash any more. I only come here for the forums.

This. I'll play the front page games, but mostly I just lurk the forums. Really though, the forums haven't been worth much of a shit since Tom decided to go all corporate and censor the fuck out of what we can and can't say.

I miss the days of spam, inside jokes, and graphic images. Now we all have to play nice or get banned. :(

Fuck everything by everyone... bring back the problems of the future, today

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 04:45 PM Reply

My twelve blams were only from clock's day, good riddance.

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 04:55 PM Reply

I think that it is time that the Fulp brothers allow the big companies to advertise on here.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 03:12 PM, Polonium wrote:
At 8/18/11 03:10 PM, Markface wrote: Newgrounds has always had bigger, more popular competitors. The difference is Newgrounds is the birth place to a lot of wonderful talent, and artistic worth.
lmao no

There's ex-disney animators and incredibly successful game creators. There's a real knack for talent here in all senses. Lurk outside the forum once and a while and you'll notice.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:15 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 06:11 PM, Markface wrote:
At 8/18/11 03:12 PM, Polonium wrote:
lmao no
There's ex-disney animators and incredibly successful game creators. There's a real knack for talent here in all senses. Lurk outside the forum once and a while and you'll notice.

I think he meant to get at the 'bigger competitors' part more than the artist part. Newgrounds was (and maybe still is) by far the biggest and best flash website on the internet.

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 06:12 PM, TheToweringGiant wrote: It's time for television ads.

I'd actually love to see this, it would definitely bring more people here.
Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen an ad for Newgrounds on any site ever, except NG Log and other places directly related to it. How do people even find this place?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 08:17 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: I'd actually love to see this, it would definitely bring more people here.
Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen an ad for Newgrounds on any site ever, except NG Log and other places directly related to it. How do people even find this place?

They usually tend to stumble across it actually. Either through a creator's site or by search engine. Doing The Interviewer a good few have found it through friends or through the Assassin Page.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Is Newgrounds on it's way out? Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:39 PM Reply

Okay? Clock Crew is one very tiny part of Newgrounds. Our unique visits are probably higher than they've ever been before.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature