Be a Supporter!

I can't believe I'm saying this...

  • 1,599 Views
  • 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Pjorg
Pjorg
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 04:32 PM, Falonefal wrote:

You're a term I can't remember the name of!

Over the line!


BBS Signature
joeyjoah
joeyjoah
  • Member since: Nov. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 03:19 PM, Bogoblin wrote: Danny Phantom

That ended like 5 years ago.

I did like those older shows, but my little brother seems to be more affected by the new kids shows like Word World than the new hyper cartoons.

In my high school it's apparently cool to yell out 'Adventure Time!' in a class, though. That's fucking dumb.


q

X3cutioner
X3cutioner
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Movie Buff
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 04:47 PM Reply

I know exactly what you're referring to.. Kids shows nowadays are either incredibly retarded (Flapjack) or trying too hard to shape kids into something that the surrounding community want to see but will never have (Suite Life)..

But lets face it the types of shows we watched growing up weren't exactly child-friendly..
Ed Edd n Eddy made countless tries to eat sweets which never turned out the way planned..
Tom & Jerry would beat each other senseless, the Looney Tunes would do the same, but take the piss doing it..
Samurai Jack would be taken off the tv if he wasn't slicing robots and slicing people instead..

But fuck it.. If we survived that mayhem, these kids can cope with their bullshit shows.. One thing that makes me proud of being a 80s kid is the fact that during our shows, we never had disclaimers saying "Do Not Try This At Home"

Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 04:47 PM Reply

lowl wut happend to the GOOD stuff burh stopid fkeekne kids dese adyas dont know any rela shit

Yert
Yert
  • Member since: Nov. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 04:49 PM, Natick wrote:
At 8/17/11 04:47 PM, Yert wrote: lowl wut happend to the GOOD stuff burh stopid fkeekne kids dese adyas dont know any rela shit
What the fuck did are you trying to say? I can't understand this spelling, I don't even...

I'm making fun of the idiot OP, can't you tell?

streetbob
streetbob
  • Member since: May. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 03:20 PM, Ryanson wrote: All those cartoons you like, OP, are worse than the shit today. You argument is thus invalid.

Also cartoons don't make kids dumb. Older siblings do.

Well, I'll accept your opinion on the cartoons, that's fine, but your OPINION doesn't make my argument invalid, also, I have had no part in this kids stupidity, he has only been my brother for about two years, and I'd like to think he's been getting smarter since then, as hard as it is to see.


BBS Signature
Viktor
Viktor
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:54 PM Reply

YES, EVERYTHING YOU DIDN'T WATCH SI UTTER SHIT!

HEY GUYS I LOVE LUCY WAS SHIT BECAUSE OP NEVER WATCHED IT!

streetbob
streetbob
  • Member since: May. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 06:54 PM, Viktor wrote: YES, EVERYTHING YOU DIDN'T WATCH SI UTTER SHIT!

HEY GUYS I LOVE LUCY WAS SHIT BECAUSE OP NEVER WATCHED IT!

I liked I love Lucy......


BBS Signature
Ridgericer
Ridgericer
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

There's nothing wrong with cartoons, just aslong as they're not broadcasted on nick or CN, but things like Bleach are ok, even for an 8 year old, I mean seriously my cousin's in an early grade and he plays COD black ops and Saints Row!


Hondas,Hookers,HKS motorsports and Hard yiffing, it's all good | I love AE86's!! |formerly towellyfan | Herro Roo makes the best yiff known to civilization

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 07:02 PM Reply

90's cartoons are teh best blah blah blah. Yes, we know, I'm sick of seeing this all over the internet.


BBS Signature
k6ka
k6ka
  • Member since: May. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 07:09 PM Reply

Indeed. It's a good idea to make the moral of the cartoon more open, and make it humorous but serious. Because if you don't balance it and go off too far, you're going with imbeciles who don't have a clue of what they are doing, and kids who behave like soldiers, making the world very boring and unfun.

streetbob
streetbob
  • Member since: May. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 07:06 PM, Natick wrote:
At 8/17/11 05:09 PM, Yert wrote: I'm making fun of the idiot OP, can't you tell?
But at least his spelling is coherent.

I still thought it was funny. Yert was being an ass, but I was still laughing.


BBS Signature
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 03:57 PM, Suprememessage wrote: Yeah, I loved watchin him fuck Aku's shit up.

Yeah. They never finished the series either...


Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 11:34 PM Reply

i hate...

i hate all of todays STUPID fucking cartoons and shows, so much, that i dont even feel like going on a rage rant.

you hear that, im so pissed at the stupidity of them, that i am no longer able to get mad.


TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 11:36 PM Reply

I grew up with a baboon that liked to show off his ass and a dog with anger management problems pulling nerve endings out of the hole where his teeth used to be. Shut the fuck up. Cartoon are, and always will be, stupid as fuck.


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Cubone
Cubone
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 17th, 2011 @ 11:38 PM Reply

i got straight 5's and 4's in elementary, where my money at

ekiouja
ekiouja
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 12:43 AM Reply

DANMMIT WHATS HAPPENING TO THE SHOWS WE KNOW AND LOVE


You live you die, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, but remember my friend, you may be here now
but tomorow, will take it away.
(an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth)

streetbob
streetbob
  • Member since: May. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 01:59 AM Reply

Your Mommy and Daddy issues have nothing to do with this.


BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 02:26 AM Reply

At 8/17/11 06:49 PM, streetbob wrote: Well, I'll accept your opinion on the cartoons, that's fine, but your OPINION doesn't make my argument invalid,

The fact that kids that watched the same shows you did didn't all get good grades and some kids that watch the same shows your brother does do get good grades makes your argument invalid. You're basing your argument that recent tv shows meant for kids are making them dumb on the fact that your brother gets C's in school.

also, I have had no part in this kids stupidity, he has only been my brother for about two years, and I'd like to think he's been getting smarter since then, as hard as it is to see.

Who would have thought that people get smarter as they get older?


.

BBS Signature
mrty
mrty
  • Member since: Oct. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:44 AM Reply

Listen, I miss the old cartoons as well. I especially miss "Life with Louie" plenty. But then again, adults in our generation miss the cartoons they watched during their time of childhood. Surely you've heard an adult or two talk longingly about "Ghostbusters" or "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe". And when your brother grows up, he'll start missing the cartoons that you were complaining about. This is because every person misses the cartoons they watched during their childhood.

Sure, those cartoons may seems stupid to you, and from time to time they seem stupid to me too. But your brother likes them.

Your brother gets to become a child only once. Let him spend it whichever way he likes.

At 8/17/11 02:43 PM, streetbob wrote: and I make straight A's in school, compared to his report card, which is an army of C's.

Now you're just showing off there. You're twice his age and he's a kid. You can begin comparing your intelligence to his when you're both adults.


"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King

Sumarongi
Sumarongi
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:49 AM Reply

At 8/17/11 02:43 PM, streetbob wrote: Down with Adventure!

What, you mean Adventure Time? Because if you do, fuck you and the horse you rode in on, AT is awesome, and this is coming from someone who agrees that the older cartoons were generally better.

(If you meant some other cartoon I've never heard of, I apologize.)

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:10 AM Reply

Ed, Edd N' Eddy was fucking boss. I loved that cartoon so much. I remember one day they showed like 10 episodes in a row. The feelings I have experienced during that day were similar to going to heaven.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:21 AM Reply

You hate cartoons without a plot? 'The hell are you doing on Newgrounds??

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:51 AM Reply

Has anyone mentioned the Jackie Chan show? That was also pretty good.


BBS Signature
Gimmick
Gimmick
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:01 AM Reply

At 8/18/11 07:10 AM, MrSaint wrote: Ed, Edd N' Eddy was fucking boss. I loved that cartoon so much. I remember one day they showed like 10 episodes in a row. The feelings I have experienced during that day were similar to going to heaven.

I loved that show too, it's too bad they stopped airing it here :(


Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp
"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature
LucasJC
LucasJC
  • Member since: May. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 08:12 AM Reply

This is why parents should let there kids watch shows like Family Guy and American Dad. /sarcasm


"You can't be careful on a skateboard man." - some kid

raving2thegrave
raving2thegrave
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Disney channel caters specifically to kids and all their jokes revolve around some form of screaming. Every single episode of something on that trash of a channel has someone screaming in it and kids just eat that shit up.


"We can't do shit by simply banning your IP, someone bring on down the console and you ban his WON ID!"
Rap Thread = LULZ

streetbob
streetbob
  • Member since: May. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 05:01 PM Reply

Okay, I wanted to give three replys, then let this damned thing die.

To Mrty, Yeah I agree with the first part of your comment, but I didn't mean to compare my current grades to his, I was comparing his grades to the grades I had when I was HIS age.

To Sumarongi, I was talking about Flapjacks catch phase. Every once in a while he'll yell out "ADVENTURE!!!!" in an all caps rage or some shit.

To Confucianism, Yeah, Jackie Chan Adventures was awesome for a while, but I near the forth and fifth season, you could tell they had ran out of ideas.

Okay, thats the last thing that needs to be said. Bye.
P.S. Let this fucking thing die, like all of the good cartoons. Imma go watch the History Channel.


BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 8/17/11 02:43 PM, streetbob wrote:
What happened to the good shows?? Where the hell is Ed, Edd N' Eddy, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Kids Next Door, SCOOBY-FUCKING-DOO!? Where are all the shows that actually had a PLOT!?

Ed, Edd N' Eddy was fun, yes and so was Scooby Doo, but they had absolutely no plot at all.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Artist
Response to I can't believe I'm saying this... Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:10 PM Reply

90's cartoons had a much better influence on kids.

I can't believe I'm saying this...


BBS Signature