New Topic Respond to this Topic
KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-12 23:13:09 Reply

Hey guys, Koizumi here again. Feel free to move this if I've posted this in the wrong section, but I'm hoping that this is something that will get a few of you excited.

Remember that game that came out a few months ago called DJManiax? Well for a while now, the information that a sequel is on the way has been made public on the Newgrounds BBS.

I'm here in the Audio section of the forums to announce that yes; DJManiax 2 is on the way, and it is quite near completion. I'm also here to extend an offer to the budding musicians.

DJManiax is a game all about music, and me and TaroNuke are giving 3 people the chance to appear in DJManiax 2. All you have to do is send us a demo and wait. You will hear from us a few days after letting you know if you are lucky enough to have caught the attention of us and our judges.

There are a few rules that come with this chance though, and they are:
- Please make sure the song isn't long. The length limit is 2:20. If you have to cut the song, that is fine.
- Try and make the song clean, we're aiming at releasing with a Teen rating.
- Make only one entry. Sift through your music and make sure you're 100% happy with what you send!

Send all demos to koizuddr@gmail.com with the subject "Maniax 2: MUSIC DEMO" and allow up to 7 days for a reply.

You will be fully credited for your entry into this game, which will hopefully be played by thousands of people. It's quite a chance to get recognition!

Ask me if you have any questions about this!
- Koizumi (Team Maniax)

Do not stop the anime butts.

DJHeat
DJHeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-12 23:28:31 Reply

Sounds awesome! Count me in :D

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-12 23:45:12 Reply

Any restrictions on genre? I'd love to throw some classical music into the mix, but I assume you're looking more for dance music?

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-12 23:50:03 Reply

At 8/12/11 11:45 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Any restrictions on genre? I'd love to throw some classical music into the mix, but I assume you're looking more for dance music?

No restrictions at all! Send whatever you're feeling! If you look at the Maniax 1 song "Seven Circles" it was a pretty epic orchestral piece!

DJHeat
DJHeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-12 23:51:29 Reply

At 8/12/11 11:45 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Any restrictions on genre? I'd love to throw some classical music into the mix, but I assume you're looking more for dance music?

even classical musicians can make dance music can't they? Unless you live record then it would be difficult to do that :P

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-13 00:09:42 Reply

Let me just stress that there is absolutely NO restriction on genre at all. You can make anything at all. I really couldn't care if you made a hardcore booty bass (yes it's a real genre, look it up) track and sent it in for consideration. xD

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-13 15:25:13 Reply

I'll see if I have something kewl around.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-15 14:00:29 Reply

I'd like to thank everyone who has sent their demos so far, I'm getting some pretty interesting stuff! Don't let that discourage you from sending your demo though, because we're still taking submissions.

B34T1N
B34T1N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-16 07:27:25 Reply

Sent in my demo, hope you enjoy it!

TIMarbury
TIMarbury
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-16 14:37:44 Reply

sent mine as well :)

http://soundcloud.com/timarbury PM me here or there if you want to use anything. thanks

sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-17 03:12:03 Reply

sounds very good

BenjaminTibbetts
BenjaminTibbetts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-17 17:26:38 Reply

Sure, I'll send something.

BBS Signature
DreamEater
DreamEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-17 21:12:41 Reply

My track is on it's way! :)

B34T1N
B34T1N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-18 19:50:59 Reply

Any ideas of when we will get any form of contact back, if any? My email inbox is a pain to get through the spam. :(

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-18 20:12:08 Reply

At 8/18/11 07:50 PM, B34T1N wrote: Any ideas of when we will get any form of contact back, if any? My email inbox is a pain to get through the spam. :(

do you just like.. post once a decade or something?

honestly..

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-20 00:25:38 Reply

I dunno if any of you are aware of how making a game works (especially with the amount of shit this one is going to have) but it is hard work. Having to make original compositions for it, as well as judge all of these, is time consuming. The game has no real date of completion yet. You'll hear something when you hear something.

If you really want to find out immediately, my contact details are here. Skype only, please.

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-20 00:31:51 Reply

At 8/20/11 12:25 AM, KoizuDDR wrote: I dunno if any of you are aware of how making a game works (especially with the amount of shit this one is going to have) but it is hard work. Having to make original compositions for it, as well as judge all of these, is time consuming. The game has no real date of completion yet. You'll hear something when you hear something.

If you really want to find out immediately, my contact details are here. Skype only, please.

Sorry, the link is broken. All fixed up.

WhistlerMusicUK
WhistlerMusicUK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-20 16:08:34 Reply

At 8/12/11 11:51 PM, DJHeat wrote:
even classical musicians can make dance music can't they? Unless you live record then it would be difficult to do that :P

... Sorry unrelated, but that would be amazing..

B34T1N
B34T1N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-21 14:58:13 Reply

At 8/18/11 08:12 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/18/11 07:50 PM, B34T1N wrote: Any ideas of when we will get any form of contact back, if any? My email inbox is a pain to get through the spam. :(
do you just like.. post once a decade or something?

honestly..

I'm rarely on NewGrounds, my music has taken me to other places to be honest, but it's nice to know people still notice me around here, sorry if you missed me, or still wanted me gone, whichever one it is. ;) But yeah, not often I post, I do miss the community though!

Look around for Mexpha, that's the new alias I'm going by, I'm keeping my account as B34T1N on here though, saves hassle and etc.

Or4nges
Or4nges
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-21 21:13:37 Reply

Sent! Wonderful opportunity, thanks for this :D

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-21 23:00:58 Reply

Hey guys, just a quick update from me.

So far I have received 13 demos! So far so good, but we're still looking! The chance is still there.

Also, I have created a page where you can go to see if any news has risen regarding decisions being made. You can also listen to all the entries that we've been sent, as well as go over the rules, and submit demos, if you haven't done so already! Click here to go there.

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-22 00:25:57 Reply

Impossibly crazy breakcore song for a rhythm game needed, you say?

B34T1N
B34T1N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-22 10:40:05 Reply

At 8/21/11 11:00 PM, KoizuDDR wrote: Hey guys, just a quick update from me.

So far I have received 13 demos! So far so good, but we're still looking! The chance is still there.

Also, I have created a page where you can go to see if any news has risen regarding decisions being made. You can also listen to all the entries that we've been sent, as well as go over the rules, and submit demos, if you haven't done so already! Click here to go there.

Just a suggestion, but maybe we could have artists names on the entries on the page?

I wanna know who made entry 02 in particular right now, it's real nice, put the pressure on me for sure though I must say!

KoizuDDR
KoizuDDR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Get your music in DJManiax 2! 2011-08-30 00:31:39 Reply

At 8/22/11 10:40 AM, B34T1N wrote:
At 8/21/11 11:00 PM, KoizuDDR wrote: Hey guys, just a quick update from me.

Just a suggestion, but maybe we could have artists names on the entries on the page?

I wanna know who made entry 02 in particular right now, it's real nice, put the pressure on me for sure though I must say!

I should probably write the artists, but as of now, I really don't have time when I have more important things to be focusing on. All the ID3 tags on the MP3 files should be intact though.