A retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future (DEMO)4.55 / 5.00 35,000 Views
Travel the world on an epic shark lifting adventure!4.18 / 5.00 16,874 Views
What happens after the final boss is defeated?4.04 / 5.00 11,025 Views
There are many unwritten rules to abide by when posting on the BBS. In this thread, we will list all of them, so feel free to add any you think apply.
1. Give new users shit, especially if they signed up only a few months after you.
2. Fight about which user years were the best/worst.
3. Assume that everyone likes you and thinks your funny.
4. If you're a new user, tell people that you have an '01 account that you forgot about.
5. If you're a new user obeying rule 4, reminisce about "back when Newgrounds was good"
6. Posting memes and funny pictures is the equivelant of being funny.
7. Backseat mod. It will show the other moderators that you are responsible and should become one.
8. Be as much of a kiss-ass to moderators as possible, as this will also earn you brownie points.
9. Never use periods in your posts, because that is your 'thing' for feeling special
10. Use periods in your posts, because it's retarded not to.
11. You must at all times weigh either less than 100 lbs or more than 200 lbs.
12. Get into as many flame wars as possible, even and especially if they don't concern you.
13. Never admit you're wrong in a flame war, ever.
14. Whenever Tom or Wade is online, make a thread about it. It lets them know you care.
15. Being pessimistic, cynical, and an all around douche bag is the exact same thing as being smart.
16. Make religion topics, because they all eventually are resolved.
17. Challenge other people on political issues you know nothing about.
18. Make references to My Little Pony, because it will earn you respect.
19. Whenever you are banned for breaking the rules, make a thread about how mods abuse their
20. Advertise your videos on the BBS, because they always get a good response.
21. Swear as much as possible, to let people know you're not afraid of naughty language, gosh darn it.
22. If a moderator or an admin states their opinion on an issue, agree with them, no matter what.
23. If a user has better stats than another user, he is better than that user.
24. Furry porn is gross, but tentacle porn and yaoi are totally normal.
25. Using big words and insulting others is the equivalent of being smart.
26. Threaten to beat up other users over the internet, because you know you're safe.
27. Calling someone else gay makes you straight.
28. Calling someone else stupid makes you smart.
29. Calling someone else fat makes you fit.
30. Tell people that you have sex all the time, even though you probably never will.
31. Every girl user is attracted to you, especially the ones that won't talk to you. They're playing hard to get.
32. Newgrounds is your personal army. Tell them to flame videos or websites you don't like.
33. If you create your own meme, it will become famous and you'll be funny.
34. TYPING IN ALL CAPS LETS PEOPLE KNOW YOU'RE SERIOUS.
35. Insult things that are unpopular, so people will like you.
36. Insult things that are popular, so people will think you're an edgy non-conformist.
37. Tell atheists they're going to hell, because mommy and daddy taught you to be Christian.
38. Tell Christians they're stupid, because in school you learned about evolution, and you're atheist now.
39. Make photoshop threads of stupid pictures, like your creepy brother, fat friend, or rapist uncle.
40. Being random is always funny. Always. Every time you say something random, it's hilarious.
What other rules will you add?
At 8/11/11 05:49 PM, Scarface wrote: 15. Being pessimistic, cynical, and an all around douche bag is the exact same thing as being smart.
25. Using big words and insulting others is the equivalent of being smart.
At 8/11/11 05:50 PM, EmperorOfSwag wrote:what a good attempt at deconstruction of the mores here
in a blatantly sarcastic and unfunny manner
would you like a medal?
Yeah, I would like a medal for my hard work. Actually, I think that I deserve two.
I was expecting rule 34 to be much better.
this thread made me lol though
41. The colon feature should be used as much as possible and you should forget about the other inferior formatting features that weren't put there just for quotes.
42. Make references to popular culture from over 20 years ago, people like obscure or old stuff. LIFE THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING LOLOLOL
I do Let's Plays on youtube!
At 8/11/11 05:56 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: 41. When you see a well-written, long thread that has clearly had a lot of effort put into it, post tl;dr.
42. Accounts with ironic or silly names are always funny.
. /_/-' l____}|------IIIIIIII-77777/
44. Whenever a Photoshop thread springs along, bedn must be added. Must.
45. Topics concerning level icons becoming real and you own them are always appreciated.
46. Always make a controversial thread, with a one sided outlook as the opener.
47. Always end said controversial subject with "Discuss."
48. Moaning about people disliking your flash and leaving "abusive" reviews on them, whether they are truly abusive or not, is a good idea.
49. Complaining about how Newgrounds doesn't give you more control over reviews, such as deleting them, also is a good idea.
50. Keep suggesting an edit button for the BBS, it will happen.
51. The Newgrounds Radio Chat is IN FACT ran by the staff, and is not on a portal page, so make a thread about it on the BBS, stating how you're mad that it's not working, the staff will handle it.
"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude
At 8/11/11 06:00 PM, Quinny wrote: 43. When the mods are asleep, post ponies.
i support this motion :3
At 8/11/11 06:08 PM, Rucklo wrote:At 8/11/11 06:00 PM, Quinny wrote: 43. When the mods are asleep, post ponies.i support this motion :3
Aw hell naw... you too?
52. Mods can and will ban you for them merely not liking you. Users who do not suck their dicks enough will be banned for any tiny infraction of the rules, while those who are liked may break the rules as much as they like.
53. Mods are better than you. They can behave in a hypocritical fashion in any way that they want, and the admins will not do anything about it.
54. You don't have to be intelligent to be selected to be a mod. You may ban people at your discretion if they disagree with you and you cannot refute their opinion.
At 8/11/11 06:09 PM, POTaTOS wrote:At 8/11/11 06:08 PM, Rucklo wrote:Aw hell naw... you too?At 8/11/11 06:00 PM, Quinny wrote: 43. When the mods are asleep, post ponies.i support this motion :3
You too will be assimilated.
At 8/11/11 06:17 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:At 8/11/11 06:09 PM, POTaTOS wrote:You too will be assimilated.At 8/11/11 06:08 PM, Rucklo wrote:Aw hell naw... you too?At 8/11/11 06:00 PM, Quinny wrote: 43. When the mods are asleep, post ponies.i support this motion :3
I already watched an episode. It fucking sucked.
At 8/11/11 06:18 PM, POTaTOS wrote:At 8/11/11 06:17 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:I already watched an episode. It fucking sucked.At 8/11/11 06:09 PM, POTaTOS wrote:At 8/11/11 06:08 PM, Rucklo wrote:At 8/11/11 06:00 PM, Quinny wrote:
Don't cry to me about your problems, I didn't say you had to like it.
At 8/11/11 06:20 PM, FBIpolux wrote: What happens if I break all these rules?
You're liked well enough by the mods that they don't care. Feel free to break them all consequence free.
You just gave me so many ideas for so many theads.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
77. Stop drinking all of the water in the water jug, then putting it back in the fridge without refilling it. At first it was just annoying, and then when I said something about it, everyone was all like, "Lets fuck with Timmy and keep emptying the water jug and putting it back in the fridge hah hah" but now I'm getting seriously pissed.
Refill the goddamn water jug if you're the one who finished it.
At 8/11/11 05:57 PM, Scarface wrote:At 8/11/11 05:56 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: 41. When you see a well-written, long thread that has clearly had a lot of effort put into it, post tl;dr.42. Accounts with ironic or silly names are always funny.
Revision of that rule: 42. Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy references beat all.
Also, switch rule 24 with 32 and life will be grand.