New Topic Respond to this Topic
falcrumthedark
falcrumthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:28 AM Reply

They all kind of suck in my humble opinion. What happened to Mickey the dick? Why cant anyone seem to make a flash of 2112? There is a serious decline of talent as the years progress on this site. Sucks it has to be that way you know? Perhaps we should petition for certain animators to be removed. This is just one idea. What are your ideas?

What shall we use to fill the empty spaces?

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:30 AM Reply

yes, let's spend years aggregating the net's best upcoming animators, and then ban them all from the site for the lulz

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
falcrumthedark
falcrumthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:30 AM, STEM wrote: yes, let's spend years aggregating the net's best upcoming animators, and then ban them all from the site for the lulz

oh no! not at all what i mean. We keep the best, but the ones that suck and are ruining it we should get rid of them, and their followers.

DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:35 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:28 AM, falcrumthedark wrote: just one idea. What are your ideas?

I find this idea to be terrible, because it seems unfair. If you don't like a certain animator, then just don't watch his cartoons.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
falcrumthedark
falcrumthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:37 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:35 AM, DrClay wrote:
At 8/10/11 02:28 AM, falcrumthedark wrote: just one idea. What are your ideas?
I find this idea to be terrible, because it seems unfair. If you don't like a certain animator, then just don't watch his cartoons.

But thats not the problem. The problem is this site is like a dictatorship. The animators like StrawberryClock, develop fans that all vote 5 on their flashes, and therefore get the front page. They arent the best! They just won over a lot of numbskulls!

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:28 AM, falcrumthedark wrote: There is a serious decline of talent as the years progress on this site.

I see just as much talent now as any other time.

Perhaps we should petition for certain animators to be removed.

I think that would be an absolutely awful idea. On NG anybody is supposed to be able to submit flash, if the users don't like a flash they get a chance to vote the flash off, no need to remove the animator as well. Nobody should have to worry about being prevented from submitting their work just because it's not the best quality. I would hate to see any of that change.

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:45 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:37 AM, falcrumthedark wrote: But thats not the problem. The problem is this site is like a dictatorship. The animators like StrawberryClock, develop fans that all vote 5 on their flashes, and therefore get the front page. They arent the best! They just won over a lot of numbskulls!

What appears on the front page isn't decided by the voting system, the site admins and possibly others are the ones who take care of this. This is why a flash that might still be under judgement or just passed might be featured on the front page.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
ashett
ashett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:50 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:28 AM, falcrumthedark wrote: They all kind of suck in my humble opinion.

Lets see you make one then, Mr. Critic.

Don't be a douche.

I'm quite jealous of these clever signatures.

Lol my Page

BBS Signature
falcrumthedark
falcrumthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:52 AM Reply

What appears on the front page isn't decided by the voting system, the site admins and possibly others are the ones who take care of this. This is why a flash that might still be under judgement or just passed might be featured on the front page.

Which is why this site is so corrupt! The animator's legion of followers have extended into the realms of the admins. It did not always used to be this way, but now it is. The admins know that Newground's users are primarily friends with those few animators constantly on the front page. They cannot continue to get money of they dont satisfy the masses. Unfortunately the masses are all just a bunch of minions, and will most likely destroy this thread. As always. :/

ashett
ashett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 02:53 AM Reply

It always was this way. Shut up.

I'm quite jealous of these clever signatures.

Lol my Page

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 03:00 AM Reply

At 8/10/11 02:52 AM, falcrumthedark wrote: Bunch of bullshit

What are you even talking about?

Unfortunately the masses are all just a bunch of minions, and will most likely destroy this thread. As always. :/

Yes, it's everybody else's fault that this thread isn't liked, it couldn't possibly be that it was just a shitty idea or anything, no way.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 12:19 PM Reply

Hotdiggedydemon is having a hiatus from Wacky gamez jokez for kidz. If you don't like the flash nowadys, you can always re-watch old flash.

But also, you never know when you'll be checking some UJ flash, and it turns out the flash you voted on makes it to the frontpage.

DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Flash of the summer Aug. 10th, 2011 @ 12:25 PM Reply

This is one of those shutup and ride situations.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature