New Topic Respond to this Topic
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-26 17:17:53 Reply

At 8/26/11 10:23 AM, Jomillex wrote: In that case um you have pretty hair?

Youre gonna have to buy me dinner first Tiger lol

DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 00:01:31 Reply

Anyone here use a Cintiq 12WX? I'm going to be buying one with the money from this tournament (whether or not I come in 1st or 2nd, I'm buying it cheap from a friend who hasn't used his.) or does anyone here use any kind of Cintiq? I also want to know where to get one of those cool gloves for it.

BenKNG
BenKNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 03:11:05 Reply

At 8/25/11 01:49 AM, FlyingNinjaBannanas wrote:
At 8/25/11 01:24 AM, DaveBruno wrote:
So...much...temptation...to...suggest...
certain...show.
what show? Im game? lol
Ok then.

*Checks to make sure no one's around*

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Great animation, VA's, plot, writing. It's an all around great show. Plus the creator is Lauren Faust. Who created "Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends" and "Powderpuff Girls". It's a "feel good" show. And I need that from time to time, I'm a gloomy bastard. {No DVD yet, just watch it on YT for now, unless you have HUB}

It also has a non-linear plot, and most popular audience is "Males: 13-30"

*runs before complete shitstorm breaks out*

Lauren Fost didn't create either of those shows, lol.

Anyways, Any Nicktoons from 2002 and before were pretty quality, Such as Ren and Stimpy(first/second season when John K was involved), Doug, and Rugrats. Rugrats has the leading amount of Nicktoons episodes, around 170, so you'llo be occupied most definetly. CN is on fire, too. Adventure time is looking up, although one of my favorite series they produced just ended, The Misadventures of Flapjack. Make good cartoons like this and save the industry, Dave!

At 8/27/11 12:01 AM, DaveBruno wrote: Anyone here use a Cintiq 12WX? I'm going to be buying one with the money from this tournament (whether or not I come in 1st or 2nd, I'm buying it cheap from a friend who hasn't used his.) or does anyone here use any kind of Cintiq? I also want to know where to get one of those cool gloves for it.

Ive used a 12WX for a month or so, and it was incredible. I had some problems calibrating the colors, but Wacom has THE BEST customer support ever...just call them up and talk to some dude who knows everything about anything, haha. I would reccomend this honestly, because its the happy medium between the Intuos 4 and the 21WX.

Click my sig for my mo-fuggin website.

BBS Signature
BenKNG
BenKNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 03:15:19 Reply

Oh, and are you reffering to the smudge guard?

http://www.smudgeguard.com/

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 03:31:08 Reply

At 8/27/11 03:15 AM, BenKNG wrote: Oh, and are you reffering to the smudge guard?

Thanks for all the suggestions and the advice! I have a Medium Sized Intuos 4 right now, is the 12WZ (or whatever I said earlier lol) about the same size? And yeah, I was referring to the smudge guard, but I was curious if they made smudge guards that were slightly stylish, because I'd probably wear it everywhere because Im kooky like that and like to show off that Im an Artist (or an idiot lol)

BenKNG
BenKNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 03:45:26 Reply

At 8/27/11 03:31 AM, DaveBruno wrote:
At 8/27/11 03:15 AM, BenKNG wrote: Oh, and are you reffering to the smudge guard?

Thanks for all the suggestions and the advice! I have a Medium Sized Intuos 4 right now, is the 12WZ (or whatever I said earlier lol) about the same size? And yeah, I was referring to the smudge guard, but I was curious if they made smudge guards that were slightly stylish, because I'd probably wear it everywhere because Im kooky like that and like to show off that Im an Artist (or an idiot lol)

Well, the 12WX is about 10 x 7, as the Medium Sized Intuos is about 9 x 6. So its a bit bigger. If you've never used on before, you are going to have to get used to it. Its much diffrent than the intuos's, but it'll be worth it in the long one!

You could just wear a latex glove? But i imagine wearing one latex glove will give people the wrong idea, lol.

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 08:00:51 Reply

At 8/27/11 03:31 AM, DaveBruno wrote:

PM frameslinger. He uses one :)
I too am getting one actually! I use a bamboo pen (shit) and I'm working this Winter so I'll get some cash! Weird enough exactly 1,000 USD.
But If I were you I would check the ASUS
Or you could push an extra two hundred dollars for a Cintiq 21ux which would be AMAZING.
Anyway you go you HAVE too tell me what its like!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 15:31:26 Reply

Hmmmm.... I may just bite the bullet and get the 21UX. Id be selling my Intuos 4 and stuff, so really (if I win first place) it'd only be about 300 or so more on Amazon.com... but then I wouldnt be able to buy a 360... well, let's see if I even win first! Cause if I don't then that changes everything! Lol thanks for the suggestions people!

PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-27 18:47:22 Reply

I never liked Rugrats...

LazyModeComics
LazyModeComics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-28 06:45:54 Reply

At 8/27/11 06:47 PM, PinkSkull wrote: I never liked Rugrats...

One of the most creative and well storyboarded shows on tv. What didn't you like about it?

BBS Signature
PinkSkull
PinkSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-28 15:53:13 Reply

At 8/28/11 06:45 AM, LazyModeComics wrote:
One of the most creative and well storyboarded shows on tv. What didn't you like about it?

I don't know, I was little I don't have a critique on it I guess I just didn't find it entertaining.
Now you have made me want to give it a second chance... maybe some day...

DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-28 20:28:27 Reply

Ill admit, when I was younger I found some of the episodes of Rugrats boring, but after having watched it again recently, (and knowing that alot of things I disliked as a kid I love now as an adult) it is REALLY awesome! You should definitely give it a second chance :)

someplaceelse
someplaceelse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-28 21:58:21 Reply

At 8/28/11 03:53 PM, PinkSkull wrote: I don't have a critique on it I guess I just didn't find it entertaining.

If there was a like button I'd push it. There is a difference between what is good and what I (or pinkskull or anyone) like. Most of the stuff everyone likes, i don't like. I tend to stick with less popular stuff, but I like quite a few popular shows too. Rugrats was boring for me, I didn't like it ever. SIMPSONS however, I would have liked at any age, even if I didn't get the jokes. That show is one of my favorite cartoon TV shows.

DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-29 12:14:42 Reply

I actually took the weekend off (had a family thing to go to and I figured I'm ahead anyway) so now. I have to do a scene a day. FINAL WEEK! DUN DUN DUUUNNNN! Oh yeah, I saw I got the PM about the shirts and responded to it, did the shirts ship out yet?

NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 14:35:58 Reply

TWO DAYS, 9 HOURS!

I am awaiting replies from everyone I sent the offer to on the T-Shirts so I can order them all at once and get bulk pricing (as well as ordering correct sizes for everyone). I am waiting on 3 people out of 20, but if they don't reply soon I'll go ahead and order the 17 shirts.

BBS Signature
BenKNG
BenKNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 15:14:39 Reply

At 8/28/11 06:45 AM, LazyModeComics wrote:

Quoted for emphasis..Jesus christ this show was near perfect. Every episode was well planned, great hand-drawn animation(for the most part), and perfect characters. Klasky Csupo never did anything this well ever again, and is in the lead for most episodes to ever play on Nick. Even if you dont like this show for whatever reason, you have to acknowledge how awesome this show was in retrospect.

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 18:26:43 Reply

At 8/30/11 02:35 PM, TOFA wrote: I am awaiting replies from everyone I sent the offer to on the T-Shirts so I can order them all at once and get bulk pricing (as well as ordering correct sizes for everyone). I am waiting on 3 people out of 20, but if they don't reply soon I'll go ahead and order the 17 shirts.

Makes sense, just checkin'! Also, I may have just missed it, but does the winner have to draw a picture of themselves interacting with the planet Earth in some way like years previous? And if so, what are the requirements for that picture? (Like, does it have to be made in Flash, what size should it be, etc.) I MAY draw it ahead of time, not that I'll win or anything, but in case I do win, then bam! Its done! If I don't, oh well, I have a fun picture of me and Earth anyway then.

Also, in Progress Report news, I have 2 scenes left and I'm animating On Time. I should be done day of, unless I get extremely motivated and do them both tomorrow (which, truth be told... COULD happen.), but I'm not making any promises.

Oh! Also, I saw that Salty Peach wrote reviews for his scores. If anyone remembers, I mentioned something along the lines of being slightly discouraged about his 3 score for Animation he gave me, and I mentioned that I would be inclined to agree with him if he tells me why. Well, I agree with him... because he told me why! lol So Salty Peach, if you're reading this, I agree with you on the last one, and hopefully this new one will win you over :)

FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 18:33:24 Reply

At 8/30/11 06:26 PM, DaveBruno wrote: Oh! Also, I saw that Salty Peach wrote reviews for his scores. If anyone remembers, I mentioned something along the lines of being slightly discouraged about his 3 score for Animation he gave me, and I mentioned that I would be inclined to agree with him if he tells me why. Well, I agree with him... because he told me why! lol So Salty Peach, if you're reading this, I agree with you on the last one, and hopefully this new one will win you over :)

What did he say? I'm curious to find out, because I though the animation on your last entry was pretty good.

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 18:51:25 Reply

At 8/30/11 06:33 PM, FlyingNinjaBannanas wrote: What did he say? I'm curious to find out, because I though the animation on your last entry was pretty good.

Its on the Review site under Judge Reviews, but he basically just noticed that I got lazy in the beginning shot, which is about half of the animation in length lol so yeah, I don't blame him lol. This new one, however, I did NOT get lazy with :3 Oh, also, I'll post a screenshot tomorrow probably.

FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 19:22:10 Reply

At 8/30/11 06:51 PM, DaveBruno wrote:
At 8/30/11 06:33 PM, FlyingNinjaBannanas wrote: What did he say? I'm curious to find out, because I though the animation on your last entry was pretty good.
Its on the Review site under Judge Reviews, but he basically just noticed that I got lazy in the beginning shot, which is about half of the animation in length lol so yeah, I don't blame him lol. This new one, however, I did NOT get lazy with :3 Oh, also, I'll post a screenshot tomorrow probably.

Well, I learned something new. And I also agree with him on that.

I hope Lazy brings in something amazing. I don't want the final round to be one-sided.

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-30 23:33:17 Reply

At 8/30/11 07:22 PM, FlyingNinjaBannanas wrote: I hope Lazy brings in something amazing. I don't want the final round to be one-sided.

Oh to reiterate, by "I got lazy" I meant literally, not "I got Lazy (as in LazyModeComics) to do it" lol just in case that's what you were thinking. And I do hope Jake's turns out good too!

sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 00:11:22 Reply

If you're reading this, thanks for the review SaltyPeach!

Haha Dave I think I had that laziness throughout.

Also, woah, not long now. Gogogogo.

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 16:42:41 Reply

ONE MORE SCENE! I'm doing it today! Not sure if I'll post tonight though, I may sit on it and see if I catch anything I dont like. I'll post a screenshot SOON! :)

DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 17:00:24 Reply

Hmm... I don't want to give away too much. Here's a screenshot of the top of one of the character's heads! This will probably also be that little icon I use for the NG Thumbnail.

Final Round ( T O F A 2011 )

NATA
NATA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 19:43:06 Reply

Very interesting! I like the shadowing

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 21:03:30 Reply

2 Things:

1. The backgrounds don't all look like that, that's an action shot lol and more importantly...

2. I CANT UPLOAD ANYTHING TO MY .FLA FILE BECAUSE IT SAYS I AM OUT OF MEMORY! O.O; How do I fix this? IS there a way to fix this? Its not that bad, the animation is fine and finished actually, but I want music in my credits >.> and I need to upload JUST ONE MORE FILE to do so. Anyone know a work around?

Also, Judges and Viewers, would it be ok if I uploaded this to Youtube at the same time? This file has alot of Movie Clips in it and it may kill older computers, so I was curious if I could have a Youtube Link in the Flash File or in the description so that people with older computers dont blow up when watching it? If not Youtube then my website? I just want everyone to get the full experience and not have a choppy mess when they watch this. My computer is a custom built beast so Im fine, but Im not sure about the older ones.

SirAlex
SirAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 21:51:35 Reply

At 8/31/11 09:03 PM, DaveBruno wrote: 2 Things:

1. The backgrounds don't all look like that, that's an action shot lol and more importantly...

2. I CANT UPLOAD ANYTHING TO MY .FLA FILE BECAUSE IT SAYS I AM OUT OF MEMORY! O.O; How do I fix this? IS there a way to fix this? Its not that bad, the animation is fine and finished actually, but I want music in my credits >.> and I need to upload JUST ONE MORE FILE to do so. Anyone know a work around?

Also, Judges and Viewers, would it be ok if I uploaded this to Youtube at the same time? This file has alot of Movie Clips in it and it may kill older computers, so I was curious if I could have a Youtube Link in the Flash File or in the description so that people with older computers dont blow up when watching it? If not Youtube then my website? I just want everyone to get the full experience and not have a choppy mess when they watch this. My computer is a custom built beast so Im fine, but Im not sure about the older ones.

oh looks like you ran into one of those, Krinkels went through this once.
annyways
I'm not sure what the issue is, but it could be this;

A; you're literally out of memory sufficient enough to hold the SWF file.

B; you don't have enough ram to pull it off and need to allocate more.

The solution to both? An external hard drive. A Flash Drive more appropriately; you could use it to either save the SWF on it or to ready boost / constitute as more ram to complete the process. Unfortunately if the problem has to do with both regular memory and virtual memory, one Flash Drive will not do as it will not have the ability to both store memory and ready boost simultaneously as it needs to be completely empty of stored files to ready boost.

Either that, or you could go the more simpler route of using the Flash Drive to bring the FLA file to another computer from which you could then export the SWF file given it has either A; enough ram or B; enough memory, which ever one of those problems it is if it isn't both.

hope this helps

DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-08-31 22:09:32 Reply

Thanks a bunch! Truth be told, I watched it with no music in the credits... and it actually kind of works lol so I may just leave it.

Oh by the way, I'm all exported and ready to upload... I'm just not sure I want to yet lol. I may wait a little bit and then watch it again to see if there is anything I want to fix about it. But yeah, I'm done otherwise!

LazyModeComics
LazyModeComics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-09-01 00:23:42 Reply

At 8/31/11 10:09 PM, DaveBruno wrote:
Oh by the way, I'm all exported and ready to upload... I'm just not sure I want to yet lol. I may wait a little bit and then watch it again to see if there is anything I want to fix about it. But yeah, I'm done otherwise!

That makes one of us...

-Jake

BBS Signature
DaveBruno
DaveBruno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Final Round ( T O F A 2011 ) 2011-09-01 01:12:42 Reply

I've fixed everything I've wanted to about it and I'm confident in it now, however I'm just waiting to hear back from Adam to see if its ok to add that Youtube link in the Preloader screen so that people with older computers can watch it to its full potential.