• 145 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM Reply

Oops. Meant to make that picture smaller.

Oh well. This is one of the things most recently started. There will be oil paint for the sea, but I'll keep the ship drawn charcoal and the sky raw canvas.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 02:40 AM Reply

Ack. This time with picture!

Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Nov. 28th, 2012 @ 04:29 AM Reply

At 11/28/12 02:40 AM, lovingthedark wrote: Ack. This time with picture!

This idea sounds like it is going to come out beautifully.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:32 PM Reply

Some quick classwork. Not very big.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 01:27 PM Reply

Also this (finished? probably) version of that older ballyall aerial thingie. There's some thoughts about adding some simple graphite shading to the terrain, but I think I'm deciding against it.

BBS Signature
Nacco
Nacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 01:27 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Also this (finished? probably) version of that older ballyall aerial thingie. There's some thoughts about adding some simple graphite shading to the terrain, but I think I'm deciding against it.

Wooo trippy. It took me a while to realize what was going on with the pile of humans before I remembered the previous post where you mentioned the acrobatics :p

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 09:08 AM Reply

wip. Not quite sure where this is going. Oil painting, 50"x40".

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Update on the false nurse. I feel it's a failure as a piece, but I've brought it as far as it will go and learned as much from it as I could. Oh well.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Oil paint, charcoal, unstretched unprimed canvas. I primed the back with gesso though so that the paint wouldn't leak through.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 11:10 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Oil paint, charcoal, unstretched unprimed canvas. I primed the back with gesso though so that the paint wouldn't leak through.

to be honest with you, I'm not really liking this piece yet. I really don't like the mix ot the blues and blacks.
the composition is somewhat ok, but it does feel a little unbalanced.

Is it finished? If not, perhaps I'll like the final result better than the wip.
I know that your a really great artist and will probably turn this around to something awesome in the end.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 11:26 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 11:10 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Oil paint, charcoal, unstretched unprimed canvas. I primed the back with gesso though so that the paint wouldn't leak through.

I get your going for rough waters and this is a WIP, but something about the waves seems off to me, It might just be me though. I just can't put my finger on it. The colors maybe? Rough waters would be cresting and their is a off white/cresting.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 11:31 PM Reply

It's more or less done, actually- I had a strict deadline of last monday and this was as done as I could get it. It's now hanging in a gallery. There's some sea foam i added in white pencil- light, thin rivulets that you can't see at this revolution- but I'd meant to go farther and will when I get it back if I find time. Just to shape the waves a bit better.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 07:09 AM Reply

At 12/9/12 11:31 PM, lovingthedark wrote: It's more or less done, actually- I had a strict deadline of last monday and this was as done as I could get it. It's now hanging in a gallery. There's some sea foam i added in white pencil- light, thin rivulets that you can't see at this revolution- but I'd meant to go farther and will when I get it back if I find time. Just to shape the waves a bit better.

Its cool to know you have something hanging in a gallery. Its a real shame it just doesn't appeal to me. Then again, my taste have always been somewhat abnormal.
Be sure to post another picture of it when you get it back and make the adjustments that you have planned for it.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 12:16 AM Reply

Hey look, frames! Another ballad one for thesis, this one about three ghost children that visit their mother but can't stay past dawn.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 04:57 PM Reply

So I've been neglecting visual arts a bit lately (as much as I could while being in art school, anyway, which isn't much) in favor of performance arts. I joined an aerial theater troupe last summer and my second show with them starts tonight. It's got a 1920s cabaret theme and runs until Sunday.

I've done contortion and trapeze so far, and there's a video of me from rehearsal doing my square trapeze act in a zip file here. I'll be in a corset and bloomers and will have my hair done up all fancy and there will be stage lights, but otherwise this is the act.

And on the unlikely chance that any of you live near Baltimore, you should come watch me fly since this show will be magical. Tickets here.

Anyhow, that's what I've been up to. Not slacking, I swear.

BBS Signature
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Jan. 4th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 1/4/13 04:57 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Anyhow, that's what I've been up to. Not slacking, I swear.

Good to know... cause slacking is my job, yeah...

Shame I can't see your show though. Its just way too far of a drive

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 22nd, 2013 @ 12:47 PM Reply

Life has been busy. I had my senior thesis art show this weekend in between a contortion act for a rock opera, a fancy photoshoot where i was turned into a mermaid, and a trapeze act for restaurant entertainment. Fun times. Here's a picture from the exhibit.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 22nd, 2013 @ 01:13 PM Reply

I've been finally sticking these in the portal.

• Hangman, Devil Man
    Hangman, Devil Man by lovingthedark

Another one from my series on old ballads- this one is of a song called "The Maid Freed from the Gallows", "Hanging Tree", "P...

Score
    3.666666667 / 5.00
    Type
    Illustration
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • House Carpenter II
    House Carpenter II by lovingthedark

Part of my ballad series. This one is about a woman tempted by an ex lover into leaving her husband and children and boarding...

Score
    4.000000000 / 5.00
    Type
    Fine Art
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

More to come soon- this one is next.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 27th, 2013 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 5/22/13 01:13 PM, lovingthedark wrote:\

More to come soon.

My laptop, camera, wallet and phone were all just stolen, so more is not coming soon. Lost pretty much all my documentation of the exhibit except what's posted here.

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 37
Art Lover
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 27th, 2013 @ 07:58 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 07:55 PM, lovingthedark wrote: At 5/22/13 01:13 PM, lovingthedark wrote:\
More to come soon.
My laptop, camera, wallet and phone were all just stolen, so more is not coming soon. Lost pretty much all my documentation of the exhibit except what's posted here.

Oh my god! What happened? Did someone break into your home? Hope you're alright (as much as possible in this situation).

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 27th, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 07:55 PM, lovingthedark wrote: My laptop, camera, wallet and phone were all just stolen, so more is not coming soon. Lost pretty much all my documentation of the exhibit except what's posted here.

Shit Dark, hope you're alright

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 27th, 2013 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 5/27/13 07:55 PM, lovingthedark wrote: My laptop, camera, wallet and phone were all just stolen, so more is not coming soon. Lost pretty much all my documentation of the exhibit except what's posted here.

Oh no!! That's terrible. People suck! Maybe, by some miracle things will get recovered. (iPhone/Mac laptop with tracking, maybe?!?!?)

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 28th, 2013 @ 12:44 AM Reply

Thanks y'all. I was part of an amazing rock opera show and none of us were watching the door to make sure it was only cast and crew at the afterparty. I trusted the company and stashed my bag under a table, but someone walked in, grabbed my backpack, grabbed someone else's purse and then stole the car that matched the keys in the purse. The phone is now dead or off and I've got nothing on the laptop.

It's a ton of money gone just when i was thinking i'd be able to afford to travel and I've lost a lot of artwork i'd spent time on, but hey, just stuff, right? stuff can be replaced, or so i keep telling myself.

The show was awesome though. I think I'm devoutly in love with all 200 some people involved.

BBS Signature
PatBest22
PatBest22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw May. 28th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

I'm really sorry to hear that, Dark :(
People are jerks. It angers me to no end.

lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Jan. 3rd, 2014 @ 11:36 AM Reply

Yo! My friends talked me into attending Magfest, here's mah costume! If you're also at Magfest come say hi. I'll probably be partying by the art car with the BROS.

BBS Signature
Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw Jan. 3rd, 2014 @ 11:38 AM Reply

Why are you going as a medic?

Lol jk, nice costume! :D

Click on the sig!
Or my thread