00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw

34,231 Views | 207 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-08-29 20:00:56

At 8/29/11 07:53 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Go weld, and show me what you make. I'd love to see it.

um... yeah... Slightly dangerous...

never said I was good at it either :P

I'll think up something and I'll pencil it in to my schedule. We got a couple pieces of random scrap a few weeks ago I can use. I even got a couple of nice barely cut sheets of steel.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-08-29 21:05:42

At 8/29/11 08:00 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: um... yeah... Slightly dangerous...

Honestly a mig welder that's only slightly dangerous is probably broken somehow.

never said I was good at it either :P

I promise to have low expectations, which you can pleasantly exceed.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-08-29 21:15:50

At 8/29/11 09:05 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 8/29/11 08:00 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: um... yeah... Slightly dangerous...
Honestly a mig welder that's only slightly dangerous is probably broken somehow.

Broken? well..... I wouldn't say it is new... >.>...
I guess if I fail at that, I still have an oxygen acetylene torch that I can work with.... that is if it still has any gas in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-08-30 21:43:37

At 8/29/11 09:15 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I guess if I fail at that, I still have an oxygen acetylene torch that I can work with.... that is if it still has any gas in it.

The first thing I did after learning how to use an oxyacetylene torch was make a grappling hook. It was awesome, I felt so much like batman.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-09-18 23:51:14

My response to a school assignment focusing digital assemblage and composite images. I wanted to construct a world in shades of of blue and cyan, and used scans of fabrics, jewelry, traditional photographs, a watercolor pencil painting and other textures. Originally I was going to make it with cyanotype prints as well (hence the color scheme), but by the time I got my sun prints to a scanner they had faded so i ended up tossing that aspect.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-03 18:18:26

GUYS! TOTALLY FINALLY UPDATING MY THREAD!

My camera had died a while back and most of what I uploaded before was older work, but some wonderful wonderful person I barely know decided to lend me a quite decent SLR so I can finally document my work again. Hallelujah.

Anyway, starting off slow with some small pieces from my sketchbook: a drawing of burlesque performer Paco Fish who modeled for a Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School figure drawing session. That was the first one I'd been to- if you've never gone to one I highly recommend them. There's a branch in most major cities (even outside the US), and they're a lot more fun and less academic than most figure sessions- the models wear costumes and you come out with drawings of people in situations that aren't immediately recognizable as being from a figure drawing session. Also, Paco Fish is a delightful performer. He'd started off dressed as a nun and stripped down to what you see below.

Oh, and one more note- I used another sketch from this bit for one of my two newgrounds xmas card exchange thinger. I drew it in red and green pastels so he looks like a transvestite hooker elf and it turned out really shitty but I was too amused to not send it on. I am very curious about its reception. Also, I ought to reteach myself pastels over winter or summer break sometime- I used to be good (was taught properly once) at them but the last couple of times I've tried I think I've skipped over some basic rules.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-04 22:08:34

some quicker paco fish sketches, with stilts.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-04 23:38:35

At 12/3/11 06:18 PM, lovingthedark wrote: GUYS! TOTALLY FINALLY UPDATING MY THREAD!

WOO!
I'm going to spin until I fall down
*Spins twice and falls to the ground*
um... ok so I can't hold my spins that well...
Anyway... I really liked that blue composition you did.
Also, nice gestures you have there.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-05 23:22:52

Great stuff, I see a lot of peotential in this thread. My only complaint would be to work a little bit on perspective. Although your detail is great I believe that in your still lifes (?) the perspective seems a little....off. But other than that, keep on cranking out more art.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-06 06:46:10

At 12/6/11 12:21 AM, 0Z0NE wrote: dude thats discusting i hope wade bans ur ass

Uhh... what?

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-06 09:32:34

At 12/6/11 06:46 AM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 12/6/11 12:21 AM, 0Z0NE wrote: dude thats discusting i hope wade bans ur ass
Uhh... what?

He's talking about the transvestite hooker elf.
It's invoking strange feelings within him, and he doesn't know how to react so he's just back lashing because he's afraid.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-06 10:34:04

Whoa Dark, soon you'll be as good as me, hang in their and keep that pen/cil moving because once you're at my level things will get more awesome for everyone!

Serious reply, it's cool how much you delve into different techniques and apply them in cool ways, I'd love to see art from you which is a narrative or which has some kind of symbolism - the kind of stuff that sophisticates munch cheese and down wine while pompously picking apart the intent of each brushstroke and assert some kind of non-existent meaning to.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-06 19:10:28

Thanks for the lovely advice, y'all. Lark- I agree the anatomy looks wonky, but I'm not positive that it actually is, as I really should have put in some of his environment so the odd pose makes sense within the space. Gman, I assume you mean the still life with the boxes? That's the only one that I can think of where I see the perspective is off, but perhaps you can tell me others. Also wrong with that one: the table doesn't follow a straight line.

Jonny, thanks for explaining. Knock, you're saying I need to be more pretentious?

Below, a quick sketch done during a lecture. Sorry about the paint stains.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2011-12-29 13:20:49

All of my family members are hardcore Tintin fans. The movie release happened to coincide with us getting together to bake holiday cookies.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 02:15:03

A few of the anatomy studies from last semester's figure drawing class. These were probably good for me, but my god they drove me crazy. I hate copying- it's all the work with none of the glory of planning everything that makes it all engaging.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 05:12:40

Bones with muscles.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 07:27:53

At 1/21/12 05:12 AM, lovingthedark wrote: Bones with muscles.

Wauw! That is some Gestalt des Menschen shit right there! Very well done.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 09:10:51

Oh, man. Awesome book.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 11:38:19

You sure know how to handle bones

hehehehe

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 12:08:26

Nice to see some anatomy!
Love it, all of it!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-21 12:14:07

At 1/21/12 02:15 AM, lovingthedark wrote: A few of the anatomy studies from last semester's figure drawing class.

The spines must have been a bitch to do, getting all the vertebrae down.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-24 20:21:10

Thanks guys. Here, have some écorchés.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-01-24 22:29:45

At 1/24/12 08:21 PM, lovingthedark wrote: Thanks guys. Here, have some écorchés.

Too fat.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-11 21:55:41

Decorative vambrace I made a bit ago.

3"x3"x5.5"x (9" flat)
Copper, nickel, bronze, nugold (a yellowish copper alloy), copper wire, brass wire, steel wire, steel nails.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-11 22:15:03

At 17 minutes ago, lovingthedark wrote: Decorative vambrace I made a bit ago.

3"x3"x5.5"x (9" flat)
Copper, nickel, bronze, nugold (a yellowish copper alloy), copper wire, brass wire, steel wire, steel nails.

This is interesting
Seems very Steam Punkish

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-11 23:51:34

At 1 hour ago, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, lovingthedark wrote: Decorative vambrace I made a bit ago.

3"x3"x5.5"x (9" flat)
This is interesting
Seems very Steam Punkish

I hate to be "that guy" But I don't like it. It seems lacking direction and form. Like a half done idea (somethimg I am very familiar with lol). The frame work is beautiful and expertly put together. But It just doesn't appeal to me. I think there is much more detail you could add to it. Especially if you want people to think of it as armor. Kinsei I would say that's more mad Max than Steampunk.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-11 23:57:23

At 1 minute ago, MajesticBob wrote: Kinsei I would say that's more mad Max than Steampunk.

Got a point. It does have a closer design to post apocalyptic than steam punk. The color scheme is a closer to steam punk.
nice catch

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-12 03:34:39

At 3 hours ago, MajesticBob wrote: I hate to be "that guy" But I don't like it. It seems lacking direction and form. Like a half done idea (somethimg I am very familiar with lol). The frame work is beautiful and expertly put together. But It just doesn't appeal to me. I think there is much more detail you could add to it. Especially if you want people to think of it as armor. Kinsei I would say that's more mad Max than Steampunk.

Fair enough. The concept i was working with is the idea of wealth (as signified by ornamentation) as a sort of armor of it's own: I don't want it to look like functional armor. On the technical side i was playing with moving parts and cold connections. Wearing it is tons of fun, because parts flutter up and down depending on the position of one's arm.

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-12 09:41:24

At 11 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote: Decorative vambrace I made a bit ago.

3"x3"x5.5"x (9" flat)

Looks a bit cold, and maybe dangerous..
Your drawings are maxin', relaxin' and chillin' all cool though.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Whores Her Art: Sometimes Nsfw 2012-02-12 11:54:32

At 8 hours ago, lovingthedark wrote:
At 3 hours ago, MajesticBob wrote: I hate to be "that guy" But I don't like it. It seems lacking direction and form. Like a half done idea (somethimg I am very familiar with lol). The frame work is beautiful and expertly put together. But It just doesn't appeal to me. I think there is much more detail you could add to it. Especially if you want people to think of it as armor. Kinsei I would say that's more mad Max than Steampunk.
Fair enough. The concept i was working with is the idea of wealth (as signified by ornamentation) as a sort of armor of it's own: I don't want it to look like functional armor. On the technical side i was playing with moving parts and cold connections. Wearing it is tons of fun, because parts flutter up and down depending on the position of one's arm.

Sounds like it's fun to wear. I just don't see it as one of you stronger pieces. But I can definitely see the whimsical side to it (more so when it's not being worn.) and at the same time it has a dangerous look to it when worn.