00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

London Riots 08/08/2011

41,839 Views | 756 Replies

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:02:19

Two died in the riots in birmingham.

SpaceBoy [GREENLIGHT] [PC, Mac, Linux, Wii U]

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:05:51

At 8/9/11 10:47 PM, Slint wrote:
At 8/9/11 10:34 PM, Slawter wrote:
At 8/9/11 10:31 PM, Slint wrote: Isn't it possible this is mostly emigrants who don't give a fuck and think they're in their country?

Don't mean to sound hateful or racist, just saying it happens...
You can't just make up reasons for it happening it's not a story ffs. It's just opportunistic chavs knicking stuff
Who's making up reasons? I'm asking if a possibility might be true, I'm not making up shit.
It actually happens in here, unfortunately.

The answer is no.So far throughout this mess, there hasn't been any particular minority stirring shit up.Its mostly a mixture of whites, blacks, and Asians.Its basically disenchanted low income youths who are venting and looting for stuff that they otherwise could not get because of the opportunities that the riots have opened up.

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:06:20

For each innocent person dead we kill a rioter.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:06:45

also a live feed of a good news source. right now its not really intersting as they arnt talking English. But only news channel reporting on the deaths.

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:19:57

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:21:08

watch Sangat now reporting on the deaths. heart breaking.

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:40:47

"Youth of the Middle East rise for Freedom, Youth of the UK rise for a 42" TV"

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:47:55

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6576 It was a good game an admin must have blammed it since final score is 3.22.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:58:11

At 8/9/11 11:21 PM, PubicTears wrote: watch Sangat now reporting on the deaths. heart breaking.

Is there daylight over there already? Or is this not live?

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-09 23:59:08

At 8/9/11 11:47 PM, J-Rex wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6576 It was a good game an admin must have blammed it since final score is 3.22.

No, it is more likely that the author removed it.

Anyway, can't believe that no-one picked up on Ragn... ragnako... HE KNOWS WHO HE IS's link to The Day Today link from several pages back. That stuff is golden.

Linky Pinky.

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 00:12:13

At 8/9/11 10:44 PM, Narcissy wrote:
I just can't believe this madness has been going on for fucking days.
three fucking days*

Argh.

It it was here in the US it'd already be over, hundreds of rioters would be arrested, and dozens more would be removed from the streets in body bags (and it wouldn't be the police who killed them).
It will take forever for Britain to recover from this embarrassment.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 00:55:13

What's the deathtoll? Last I heard it was 2 and counting on Sangat or Sagat?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 03:41:34

I'm unsure if there'll be any troublings in the Sussex area, more specifically the Brighton and Hove area? My mother's in Denmark and she'd appreciate that I am remained alive. I'm also planning to go back to my place (i'm temporarily staying at my mother's) to hide any valuables, as well as find and bring a phone charger (it's a wire).

If there is anything going on in East Sussex or surrounding areas, could someone post about it please?

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 03:51:09

If there is anything going on in East Sussex or surrounding areas, could someone post about it please?

http://www.eastsussexonline.com/news/219 92660085873529/sussex_national_news_lond on_riots_home_sec_flying_home.asp

It says nine injured police officers and 100 arrests I don't think it would be a good idea to go home.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 04:43:19

Looks like britian is A not so great, the army is going to be called in soon, more peeple are about to die, taxes will go up as a result of this conflict to repair the damages.. as the crown does not have the money to repair everything that is being destroyed.. if a few insurance companies go under the the britain economy will tank and take its people into a period of complete depression...
The movie V for Vendetta said it well, all its going to take is someone to do something stupid, and things will go from bad to worse
K so let's run a few ideas here...
A few shops go up and insurance companies tank, banks are then on the line to rebuild a shop or gas station or building, and they cannot because the crown puts a freeze on the money out issue that is now developing... people get fanatical.and turn to a different set of rules and start killing officers.
Martial.law is called and a massive civil war breaks out...
a different country gets involved and sends aid to britian to help and thus pulls more money from that country, causing more depression world.wide..
markets are in flux and because the british crown has frozen the money globally, a few other countries that are not dirrectly.related.to britian go into economic flux.
Someone drives a bomb filled truch intobthe pallace and blows it up, the military is called.instantly into action.
no matter what happens... this are going to shit, people are about to die, but both sides have so much shit in their faces that they can't realize that their country is infact at stake here..
If the corporations leave, insurance companies fall, or banks are forced to hold funds.. britian will become a second world nation boardering on third..
The quote of war.. anyone that thinks that violence is anything but a crime is insane.
Riots fall under the same idea. It NEEDS to stop

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 04:58:45

At 8/9/11 10:16 PM, Timmy wrote: Jeez - are cop shootings more common over here in the US, so much so that we don't react to it anymore?

Yes, our police officers don't usually carry guns. Guns are also pretty much illegal for civilians to own unless you're a farmer you can have a shotgun, and rifles/handguns only if held at a gun club.

Also, it just seems like the current youth in the UK are really prone to rioting - this is the second time in recent memory where riots have broken out across the pond: First for the raised tuition costs, now for police action.

I blame the lack of dentistry

The riots associated with tuition costs were nothing like the current ones. It was more of a protest, no one died, no buildings were burned, and they were carried out by students, not chavs.

Also, 3 dead in Birmingham and 1 dead in London, putting the current casualties at 4. It looks like they have started in Gloucester too, just 10 miles away from where I live. I have also head from friends that a few have started in Cheltenham, and they already burned down Ladbrokes in our village in april. Hopefully it won't get as bad as London, Manchester and Birmingham.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 05:17:10

At 8/10/11 04:43 AM, tox wrote: if insurance companies go under

Nah, I can't see insurance companies going under. Insurance is a very profitable business on the grounds that they don't know when something like this might happen. They'll take a hit, but they won't go under. People always need insurance.

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 05:26:08

At 8/10/11 05:17 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 8/10/11 04:43 AM, tox wrote: if insurance companies go under
Nah, I can't see insurance companies going under. Insurance is a very profitable business on the grounds that they don't know when something like this might happen. They'll take a hit, but they won't go under. People always need insurance.

The ammount of money to repair a timhortons that goes up in flames.. 1million dollars.. let's throw in a bank.. 3 gas stations, multiple cars and busses, gates, glass, electronics, and minor and major shops...
Well that well over 40 million ... thcommon insurance company has abet worth of 20 million.. and the riots are continuing... there are around 100 insurance companies in britian, if two minor or fresh companies go, they pass off the remaining debt to the bank.. the bank raises its rates as it has to cover the cost, and the crown freezes money so that the bank does not go under,
If you remember the crown does not have the funds right now delt even have a great wedding for it new kind and queen, so the crown needs to make sure that companies don't go under... but because the money is frozen other insurance.companies feel the pinch and are required to close their doors...
All of this..
all of it is teetering on 3 little legs that are.starting to buckle... the banks, the crown, the insurance companies.. if one falls. The others will be crushed under the weight of the shit story they are holding up.
revering back to my previous post 1:/

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 05:28:36

See that.. that right there.. that big old pile of shit of a post..
I HATE auto correct.
There are soo many fucking mistakes its irritating

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 05:32:24

At 8/9/11 11:59 PM, liljim wrote: Anyway, can't believe that no-one picked up on Ragn... ragnako... HE KNOWS WHO HE IS's link to The Day Today link from several pages back. That stuff is golden.

Linky Pinky.

I never thought I would get a good time to use that video. Got to love Chris Morris.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 05:35:04

Manchester seem to be back to business as usual. People tweeting that it's just a regular day in the city centre with the exception of some boarded up windows and police presence. Really want to know what the situation is going to be like tonight.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 06:09:01

There are some seriously pathetic pockets of humanity. It's embarrassing to be British at the moment.

The entire thing just reeks of bullshit. We have a government who consistently lie to us; spy on us by hacking our phones whilst the police care more for their ego and pay cheques to deal with crime. Then we have a society who for far too long have bred a 'gangster' image where violence is all they know. These people who haven't worked a day in their lives, claim off the state and now think they're owed something and so rob everything they can come accross. They hate the police and the state for the arseholes they are; there's no respect for the law because the law has been disrespectful to all.

Bring in the army, tear gas the whole fucking lot of them. This isn't about race, it's about opportunistic scum brought on by a pitiful 15 years of government. Blair's benefits Britain is in full display now. They need to be stopped and if violence is all they understand, it's marshal law time. In any other country, they'd have the water canons out.

Thank fuck I live in the countryside.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 06:53:42

These are the kids who can't read or write. Back when they did go to school, they were given little green cards that say "hey, you're poor and different, have your lunch for free". They ate their free lunch and broke the toys in the toy box cause they didn't learn to play nice and got searched by police on the way home.

They live 3 doors down the road but they live in a different world. Because they can't read and they can't write and they can't think, the society that we flaunt in their face ins't accessible to them. So i guess somewhere along the line they choose to be criminals instead. Like their mommy and daddy and uncle who's in jail.

We don't understand these kids. They're so inarticulate they feel as if they have no mouth but they must scream so they do so in the only way they know how.

You could have (and many people have) written this script back 20 years ago. And 20 years ago before then.

You don't know what working class means.

Talkers are doing something. Beauties are being something. Which isn't bad, I just I don't know what it is they're being. It's more fun to be with people who are doing things.

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 06:55:27

"An anonymous police officer in Surrey e-mails: The UK will continue to be under siege from the mindless violence until something changes in the way we police this country. When my granddad was a police officer in the 1940s he was feared by those who broke laws. He acted professionally and upheld the law, but did not have worry about trial by media if used force to restore order. Every use of force by a police officer in the UK has to be documented and justified. Many officers will not use the force necessary to restore order as they fear for their jobs and liberty! The interview with the two teenage girls on Monday shows this really well where they state 'we are showing the police we can do what we want!' The yobs and looters need something to fear [the police] or they will continue their reign of terror on the law abiding community."

Taken from that BBC live twitter feed thing.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 06:58:21

At 8/10/11 03:41 AM, WolfBoy300 wrote: I'm unsure if there'll be any troublings in the Sussex area, more specifically the Brighton and Hove area? My mother's in Denmark and she'd appreciate that I am remained alive. I'm also planning to go back to my place (i'm temporarily staying at my mother's) to hide any valuables, as well as find and bring a phone charger (it's a wire).

No, theres nothing happening here in Brighton and Hove. Im pretty sure the rest of sussex is the same.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 07:00:57

At 8/10/11 06:55 AM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/10/11 06:53 AM, grime-reaper wrote: You don't know what working class means.
and still, gives no justification for damages they have caused.

of course it doesn't, there isn't a justification. forget about the idea of any of this being just, unjust or in the name of justice. that's all middle-class, white man's bullshit.

the idea of justice is as valuable to these kids as a photograph of an air molecule is to a drowning man.

Talkers are doing something. Beauties are being something. Which isn't bad, I just I don't know what it is they're being. It's more fun to be with people who are doing things.

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 07:14:37

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 07:26:12

BURN THA COUNTRY FUCK DA POLICE

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 07:38:05

At 8/10/11 06:53 AM, grime-reaper wrote: These are the kids who can't read or write. Back when they did go to school, they were given little green cards that say "hey, you're poor and different, have your lunch for free". They ate their free lunch and broke the toys in the toy box cause they didn't learn to play nice and got searched by police on the way home.

They live 3 doors down the road but they live in a different world. Because they can't read and they can't write and they can't think, the society that we flaunt in their face ins't accessible to them. So i guess somewhere along the line they choose to be criminals instead. Like their mommy and daddy and uncle who's in jail.

We don't understand these kids. They're so inarticulate they feel as if they have no mouth but they must scream so they do so in the only way they know how.

You could have (and many people have) written this script back 20 years ago. And 20 years ago before then.

You don't know what working class means.

You know, this would be the best and most relevant post in this entire fucking thread if you hadn't written it in the stupid stylised type of writing you insist on using. Grow up and stop trying to hide your insights behind spite. It's incredibly annoying.

You could be so much more if you'd just stop playing with people and things that don't matter.

Stop emailing me, i'm not gonna respond again. Move on. Don't riot.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 2011-08-10 07:45:35

London seems like an exciting place to visit

BBS Signature