Be a Supporter!

London Riots 08/08/2011

  • 24,426 Views
  • 922 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:02 AM Reply

Surprised no one has posted this. Also England Vs Netherlands match is called of due to rioting.

London Riots 08/08/2011


Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
jake-thesnake
jake-thesnake
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:25 AM Reply

Had no idea this was even going on, damn my lack of watching the news. Looks like some real serious stuff though.


|Foxes Club| |I VOICE ACT.|
PSN ID: jake-thesnake_ng XBL: SFC Fox Paw

BBS Signature
Dapper
Dapper
  • Member since: May. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:34 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 02:55 AM, WadeFulp wrote: When they are setting people's homes on fire, when the people are still inside, it's time to start using lethal force.

Absolutely. However, most of these hooligans are only robbing and breaking into places, not actually putting others' lives in danger. Anyone who is risking the lives of others indeed deserves desperate actions.


YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BBS Signature
WolfBoy300
WolfBoy300
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:40 AM Reply

A 26 year old man who was involved in Croydon riots died. He was a rioter.

Ultimatefish
Ultimatefish
  • Member since: Jan. 6, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 08:40 AM, WolfBoy300 wrote: A 26 year old man who was involved in Croydon riots died. He was a rioter.

Was he?
I thought the news said he was shot in his car?!


Watch this space.
Now stop watching it.

tatsumaru7
tatsumaru7
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:44 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 08:40 AM, WolfBoy300 wrote: A 26 year old man who was involved in Croydon riots died. He was a rioter.

Good


>>> Relationship advice! <<< Follow my Instagram: the_imaginary_boy

PSN I.D. Ninjakilla777Martial Artist club!

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:45 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 08:43 AM, Ultimatefish wrote:
At 8/9/11 08:40 AM, WolfBoy300 wrote: A 26 year old man who was involved in Croydon riots died. He was a rioter.
Was he?
I thought the news said he was shot in his car?!

There's been no information on whether he was a rioter or not, since he was in his car I assume that wasn't the case.


NGSM | Pm me for a sig |
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いている

BBS Signature
simple-but-sandy
simple-but-sandy
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 08:50 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 06:49 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: To any of you UK users out there: What would the police do about rioters attacking the parliament or whatever your main government building is?

You seem to forget that Parliment is a parlimentary building.
That is, it is one of the most heavily defended buildings in the country.
If the rioters got too close to it armed police would have to start firing indiscriminately into the crowd to disperse them.
Though by that point, martial law would have probably been declared.

While were on the subject, why hasn't the government declared martial law yet? It would sort this problem out in a matter of hours.

The politicians are probably too worried about their "Legacy" to go down in history as the first men to declare martial law in Britain...

Good morrow to you, Magistrate!

BBS Signature
EdgyWillzKillz
EdgyWillzKillz
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:10 AM Reply

Seems like the only stores that haven't been looted are waterstones (Bookstore). Shows what type of people are doing these dumbass acts.

pyromaniac616
pyromaniac616
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:20 AM Reply

Most recent update - The police are considering the use of plastic bullets.

Jon
Jon
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:20 AM Reply

There are already rumours of more riots in Birmingham and surrounding areas tonight. I'm sure the same applies to other cities around England.

God help us..


hello

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:20 AM Reply

Manchester in the Salford area will be hit by rioters on Wednesday

From twitter with some censored so not to get banned.
:A riot is being planned in manchester, but not town! It will be takin place in salford precinct as all fukazz r rasicst down there we need atleast 500 n####! All u need is a bally,bat and trolley as its gunna be a mad shoppin spree and all things FREE <=-P uno u like da sound of dat, people no weapons ok, its starts this wednesday @ 12am sharp! N####Time tho! ;) be there as 200 of our officers have been sent to london and we only have between 200-300 on site, after the roit longsight police station must be taken out!! >=) RE BC! Mawwwwwwd <=-P

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:22 AM Reply

I just find it funny though

african/middle eastern nations use force against peaceful protesters

englands police force allow rioting criminals to steal and pillage the stores when the general population urges them to kill the rioters


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:29 AM Reply

I saw this on the news yesterday.

It looked like it was mostly a bunch of oppurtunists plundering stores and vandalizing shit and it didn't look like it had much to do with anything else. Demonstrating against the government is one thing, but this is just lame.

Hope all you people living in / visiting London are safe.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 15 March 2014)

BBS Signature
pyromaniac616
pyromaniac616
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:29 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:20 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Manchester in the Salford area will be hit by rioters on Wednesday

Please PM me with the twitter link, so he can be named and shamed on the facebook page for this.

wildfire4461
wildfire4461
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:20 AM, pyromaniac616 wrote: Most recent update - The police are considering the use of plastic bullets.

Oh my god. Considering using them? FUCK THEM. If they're torching houses while the owners are inside declare martial law and bring in the army armed with miniguns. Cut the fuckers down like grass. If a few dozen died in just a couple of minutes and the threat of it happening to other riot locations was there things would calm down pretty quickly.

Or the citizens need to pick up knives, metal pipes, and everything else that can be used as a deadly weapon, form their own mobs, and dish out street justice.


That's right I like guns and ponies. Problem cocksuckers?
Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense. IMPEACH OBAMA.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:41 AM Reply

Its like a bad tooth, it needed to happen.
The bad thing is that the government will use this as an excuse to crack down.
It is also bad that they fail to take into account the reasons for this, namely that thousands of people have been laid of due to thier policies and are outraged by it. The reason also is because they have been closing things down that the youth could be doing, so they have nothing to do, no money because they have been fired and there are no jobs for them even if they tried and the government is shocked at why people have suddenly decided to do something.

They also seem to just be saying that the people doing this are criminals, oh no its not that people are not happy with how you govern them but that they are the ones who are faulty. Yes of course there are some criminals out there but the government generalises that they are all criminals to keep us in the shadows and keep us ignorant to the real reason behind it. This realy is a shame though that they are destroying thier own neibourhoods rather than official buildings.


BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:42 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:29 AM, pyromaniac616 wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:20 AM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Manchester in the Salford area will be hit by rioters on Wednesday
Please PM me with the twitter link, so he can be named and shamed on the facebook page for this.

I won't PM it but the source goes back to this:
http://tmi.me/ebRqp

pyromaniac616
pyromaniac616
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:41 AM, Confucianism wrote:

Anyone who steals, attacks, or vandalised during the riots is a criminal. Their original intention may have been good, but it has long since been lost under the sheer idiocy of the few.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:47 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:44 AM, pyromaniac616 wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:41 AM, Confucianism wrote:
Anyone who steals, attacks, or vandalised during the riots is a criminal. Their original intention may have been good, but it has long since been lost under the sheer idiocy of the few.

Indeed, but many have no jobs so they are forced to steal, this is the main reason for theft. Vandilism? Fools in my oppinion if its local buildings. Attacks? Mainly on the police which is a fair enough reason in mine eye.


BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:47 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:44 AM, pyromaniac616 wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:41 AM, Confucianism wrote:
Anyone who steals, attacks, or vandalised during the riots is a criminal. Their original intention may have been good, but it has long since been lost under the sheer idiocy of the few.
Indeed, but many have no jobs so they are forced to steal, this is the main reason for theft. Vandilism? Fools in my oppinion if its local buildings. Attacks? Mainly on the police which is a fair enough reason in mine eye.

No job = forced to steal, what?
I have no job along with a hell of a lot of people, we don't go around stealing, it has nothing to do with being unemployed. They are just plain low life scum.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Jon
Jon
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:47 AM, Confucianism wrote: Indeed, but many have no jobs so they are forced to steal, this is the main reason for theft. Vandilism? Fools in my oppinion if its local buildings. Attacks? Mainly on the police which is a fair enough reason in mine eye.

How is it a fair enough reason to attack the police who are merely doing their job to try and protect their area? The reason for this riot was lost before it even began originally in Tottenham. The other cities are jumping on it because it's an opportunistic time.


hello

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:52 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:50 AM, Jon wrote: How is it a fair enough reason to attack the police who are merely doing their job to try and protect their area?

Police trying to make a living doing a good legal job, getting attacked by people who refuse to do jobs. Society.


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:47 AM, Confucianism wrote:
Indeed, but many have no jobs so they are forced to steal, this is the main reason for theft. Vandilism? Fools in my oppinion if its local buildings. Attacks? Mainly on the police which is a fair enough reason in mine eye.

So being unemployed is a good reason to loot and destroy innocent peoples businesses and homes, and cars? Innocent people should have their bikes stolen from them while riding, and be beaten? They aren't "mainly attacking police," they've been burning down many people's houses and businesses, even an historical building or two. I've seen multiple videos on youtube of innocent people being mugged and beaten in the streets by these thugs. The only fatality so far, is from a youth who was murdered by one of these thugs.

Once again Confucianism, you don't know WHAT THE FUCK you are talking about.


A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:53 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:50 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: I have no job along with a hell of a lot of people, we don't go around stealing, it has nothing to do with being

unemployed.

If you have no money and no means to get it what do you do?


BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Member since: Jan. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:54 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:53 AM, Confucianism wrote:
At 8/9/11 09:50 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: I have no job along with a hell of a lot of people, we don't go around stealing, it has nothing to do with being
unemployed.

If you have no money and no means to get it what do you do?

I'll tell you what you DON'T do: attack innocent people and steal their stuff.


A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:55 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:22 AM, MrPercie wrote: I just find it funny though

african/middle eastern nations use force against peaceful protesters

englands police force allow rioting criminals to steal and pillage the stores when the general population urges them to kill the rioters

Just goes to show that it's still medieval times in England. Criminals walk the streets, the public finds the best remedy is to "kill them", and the higher ups send people under them to fix the mess that the fat cats caused. It would be wrong to betray the people with money, but it's A-OK to fuck the middle and lower classes as long as their combined health and safety is worth less than the "charity" checks worth millions of dollars. The government created a system that has failed the majority of people, and they should have fixed it long ago, but it would have costed too much money. Now look what's happened. Now they have the pay out the ass for jailing these people, restoring property damage, AND creating a better system.

pyromaniac616
pyromaniac616
  • Member since: Aug. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Gamer
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:55 AM Reply

Constant updates on the doing - It seems like my town of Maidstone is likely to have riots as well. It could well spread to my area, as I border one of the poorest places in the town.

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:58 AM Reply

The fuckers actually got into Charlton last night and burnt down the Asda that's (or was) there and my Dad says they chased after him whilst he was in his taxi, he drove off unharmed and the rest of my friends and family are alright so that's good news. It's gonna happen again tonight and I don't even think 16,000 officers will be enough, we need the army I can't think of a better deterrent then trained soldiers in tanks and with proper weapons. They'll soon shit themselves the chavvy scum.


BBS Signature
Jon
Jon
  • Member since: Aug. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to London Riots 08/08/2011 Aug. 9th, 2011 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 8/9/11 09:53 AM, Confucianism wrote: unemployed.

If you have no money and no means to get it what do you do?

I don't know if you're a troll or just an idiot. So I'm going to ignore anything you say in this thread

Anyway, if the rioters aren't running yet, they sure as hell will be when they see The Rock is pissed

London Riots 08/08/2011


hello