New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 11:03 AM, BanglaBoy96 wrote: Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII.
So here I was in Banora kicking ass against Genesis and the Gift of the Goddess thinking Zack would save Genesis, go back to Aerith and turn in CLOUD! >:D
Suddenly Zack is driving a pickup van with a Mako drugged up Cloud in the back when about OVER 9000 Shinra infantry men come along. After Zack Pwning almost all of them there was 2 left D:
They shot him and left him for DEAD!
By chance Cloud just "wakes up" from the addiction and sees Zack dying on the floor. Zack says heart felt bullshit to him etc and Cloud cries, taking his sword and leaving his body there.
What a shit ending >:( It should have been cloud to DIE

You haven't played FF7, have you? Zack is shot and killed in a flashback, so it was going to end that way no matter what. Half the story of FF7 wouldn't have happened if Zack didn't die and make Cloud go insane.
And besides, just because a main character dies doesn't automatically make an ending bad. I thought it was a really fucking good ending. In FF7 they made his death seem quite pathetic really, he was taken down instantly by what looked like two generic Shinra grunts, but in Crisis Core they made it really epic, with you fighting off hundreds of them and then the DMW starts to fuck up and you can barely even move because so many soldiers are shooting you at once. It really takes something special to make you feel sad for a character who you know is going to die from the beginning, but Crisis Core managed to do just that. So yeah, screw you, it was a great ending.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Sun-Wukong
Sun-Wukong
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Art Lover
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 07:48 PM Reply

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned MGS2. Glad because I actually liked it, but still surprised.

At 5/11/59 09:17 PM, Wolverine said:
| No no-neck redneck dumps on my wife and gets away with it!

BBS Signature
Qwertything
Qwertything
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 07:08 PM, IrishGun wrote:
At 8/6/11 06:29 PM, Qwertything wrote: I'm not saying inFAMOUS 2 is a bad game, but it's story sucked terribly.
Well, sure it felt rushed at a few points, but don't you think it's a bit harsh to say it sucked? I mean, the story's no Chris Avellone, but I thought the twists at the end of both inFAMOUS games were very good, and I genuinely didn't expect either of them.

I may be biased, because I honestly think Kessler is one of the best villains in any game ever and I personally loved the twists in inFAMOUS 1 & 2, but still.

Maybe "sucked" is too harsh, but I enjoyed inFAMOUS 1's story more. As for Kessler, he's pretty cool.

Yes it is.

EnsembleDarkHorse
EnsembleDarkHorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 08:23 PM Reply

Final Fantasy 7 - Meteor falls; big flash; cut to credits; bullshit epilogue; yada yada

Fallout 1 - You're the hero!!1! Now GTFO!

Neverwinter Nights 2 - rocks fall; (almost) everyone dies

Diablo 1 - kill Diablo; impale own skull with magic rock and become villain in next game

The 11th Hour - 3 bad endings; Wow! It's like choosing between drowning in a tankard of piss, suffocating under a pile of shit, or choking to death on a single issuing of fresh elephant splooge. Either way, you're fucked.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 05:03 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: I hate it when they leave endings open for a sequel. Or cliffhanging etc..

Well I think it worked well for inFAMOUS.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 09:57 PM Reply

LA Noire, because you never had the opportunity to shoot Roy Earle.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 09:59 PM Reply

Oh shit, why didn't I say LA Noire. If you'd like to read my rant on why the ending is so bad, go find it.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 10:01 PM Reply

Drawn to Life.
Everyone dies, just as the villain predicted. And they don't die in some cool way. They all just fade away into nothing.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 8/6/11 10:01 PM, Chdonga wrote: Drawn to Life.
Everyone dies, just as the villain predicted. And they don't die in some cool way. They all just fade away into nothing.

Ohhhhhhhh maaaannnn. I don't know how long it's been since I've played that. I'nm 26 for Christs sake, and I find it enjoyable. Yeah, that ending was like... inception or something. Maybe 6th Sense.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 01:38 AM Reply

Red Dead Redemption wasn't so sad for me like other people, but it pissed me off thinking: "I just broke my nutsack in half riding a horse around the west just to get blown away by government assholes FOR NO APPARENT REASON?!

Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
TheGreenSpade
TheGreenSpade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 06:55 AM Reply

At 8/6/11 02:37 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 8/6/11 06:10 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Nobodies completed that abomination.
I have!

Masochist.

NerdLiife
NerdLiife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 10:44 AM Reply

At 8/6/11 06:44 AM, Gasthecar wrote:
Also the ending to Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow. Gary Motherfucking Oak

Fuck. I'm going to be playing Pokemon Yellow.

f-izzle
f-izzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 09:03 AM, TheLameChildren wrote: the ending of s.t.a.c.k.e.r. shaddow of chernoble really sucked. I played throu all the game and got to the wish maker and he crushed me with money... WTF

Hmm, i've never heard of stacker, what's the objective, stacking? Stack what? Is it like minecraft?

Anyway, i've really hated the ac3 ending, especially because you were expecting a redemption from the shitty ending of assassins creed 2. If Assassins creed 4 has a cliffhanger, i'm gonna say fuck you to the whole series.

One that was kind of depressing and disappointing, was SPOILER that of La Noire, i just didn't like it that Rockstar had to kill ANOTHER protagonist, perhaps it would be more noire-ish and depressing if kelso dies by Cole's hands, and he'd never get the redemption from the war in Okinawa and that he'd stay broken and miserable for the rest of his life, perhaps too depressing.

RyanBustersword123
RyanBustersword123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Game Developer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 08:58 AM, MythicTeddy wrote: The first " Mafia " game

Everyone dies !

i thought it was the best ending for a shooting game i've seen, and no sarah lived on, but i have to agree mafia 2's ending pissed me off really bad because it was really short and the final mission was easy and sucked ass but mafia 2 is still the 7th best game i ever played (still it was a disappointment because mafia 1 was the 3ed best game)
ff7 was the best game i've ever played, but it has the worst ending i've ever seen in a game

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 03:09 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 07:48 PM, Sun-Wukong wrote: I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned MGS2. Glad because I actually liked it, but still surprised.

OH EM GEE!

The Patriots are already dead!

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
DramaKaw
DramaKaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 03:23 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 03:45 AM, POTaTOS wrote: Every ending in the AC series.

Are you referring to the Assassin's Creed series? That is an awesome series.

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 03:27 PM Reply

The ending of the Penumbra series was pretty shitty. Penumbra Requiem was a pretty shitty game compared to the other two, but the endings were definitely the worst part.

1- The main character wakes up on the boat at the start of the first game, so he must go through it all again until he chooses the other option.

2- (the canon ending) your character sends an E mail (the recipient is not revealed) that gives the location of the base and says ''Kill them. Kill them all'', so he pretty much just makes some other fucker go through everything he did, and it will just have the same outcome. Also, you died, lol.

Fuck that. the April fools version of Penumbra 3 would have made so much more sense.

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 8/7/11 03:09 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 8/6/11 07:48 PM, Sun-Wukong wrote: I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned MGS2. Glad because I actually liked it, but still surprised.
OH EM GEE!

The Patriots are already dead!

Um.. no, they werent really dead, the names given were just bogus.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 04:21 PM Reply

Ever heard of Two Worlds? For the love of god, what the fuck just happened here? There is no fucking way that was the end of the game. That was the final boss? He took 2 minutes to beat! WOAH! Now it's taken me back to the opening menu screen....

THAT REALLY WAS THE FUCKING END?????????????

*throws the disk into an industrial ceiling fan and pieces fly everywhere as it shatters. The game is then picked up, piece by piece and cremated. We take the ashes and bury them deep within a drawer in my room, but the urn goes on the kitchen window sill*

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Ultimatefish
Ultimatefish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 04:41 AM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 8/6/11 03:52 AM, Makeshift wrote: Borderlands wasn't really that good, but the ending was depressing.
Agreed, worst. Fucking. Ending. Ever.

Boss was way too easy, too.

I shit you not at the end of that game I turned around and punched my friend in the face I was that mad.
I also went into a depressed state at the end of farcry2 but the rest of the game made up for it.

Watch this space.
Now stop watching it.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 8/7/11 03:28 PM, SpiderTaco wrote: Um.. no, they werent really dead, the names given were just bogus.

I never got the chance to play MGS4...

Just 2 & 3 for me.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 07:34 PM Reply

Fallout New Vegas. I mean, common. The Legate had such a badass helmet thing, and he seemed so cool. I finished that fight in under 30 seconds on Hardcore mode. Also, I thought Bethesda learned from the last game that they need to let us continue fucking playing past the ending without having to pay 10 or 15 dollars for a DLC I don't want.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
TeKAM
TeKAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 07:50 PM Reply

I really don't know, i've been so caught up in multiplayer then actually playing campaigns, but i know what the BEST ending was, HALO MUTHAFUCKIN REACH

K1LL80Y
K1LL80Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 08:36 PM Reply

Anyone beat Farcry2? I thought that was pretty shitty even if u had two choices

camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 8/7/11 08:36 PM, K1LL80Y wrote: Anyone beat Farcry2? I thought that was pretty shitty even if u had two choices

I couldn't take it and just quit when I got into the lower half of the map. I mean, come on. It's the exact same shit over and over and over. It never fucking ends. And the constantly re-spawning checkpoints were horrid.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
egoraptorfreak1
egoraptorfreak1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 09:05 PM Reply

MGS4: mostly because snake dies, Big Boss dies, and Zero dies i mean is there a more of a wtf moment of an ending than that also it concludes the series way to easily so that there cant be anymore, so unfortunatly good things must come to an end.
Jak an Daxter: because they left you hangin with that fucking portal
MW2, CoD4 and CoD WAW: well MW2 was just a cliffhanger, cod4 was like "i saved the world from a war that went on for 5 days, and iall it cost me was my captain, an american task force and 2 crappy sequels and WaW was because either polonsky dies or roebuck lose lose situation.
GTA IV: Kate died and my revenge wasnt full enough for my tastes and once i saw Kate die i just didnt want to see what happened if i played again.

WTF happend to Duke Nukem, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 8/7/11 09:05 PM, egoraptorfreak1 wrote: MGS4: mostly because snake dies, Big Boss dies, and Zero dies i mean is there a more of a wtf moment of an ending than that also it concludes the series way to easily so that there cant be anymore, so unfortunatly good things must come to an end.

If you actually played it all, you would learn its an ending to the series. Sure, they wont let it die, but the Solid Snake saga is finished. Also
SPOILER

Snake isnt dead. Yet.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
thePariah
thePariah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 11:18 PM Reply

The ending to LA Noire was definitely the WORST ENDING EVER. I have a tendency to get bored with games and never finish them, even if I really enjoy the game (trying to improve on this and go back and keep playing some of my older ones) but LA Noire was the first game in a long time that I've sit down and beat practically straight through. At the end of my first successful completion of any multi-disc game, it was just a big WTF moment. Also, the house near the end of the game (the last place you find clues in the game) freaked me out a little more than it should have. That may have been because it was like 3:30-4 AM and I was dead tired but I was gonna stay up til I finished the game.

SPOILER ALERT

Some part in the back of my mind thought that there was still hope for him to survive once the water hit him in the sewers. Dunno, guess I expected him to just get launched through a manhole and just get injured then heal in the hospital, or for him to walk in during his own funeral because he wasn't really dead. Ugh.

Thanks to fahrenheit for the awesome sig :D

BBS Signature
Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At the end of Fallout 3 I literally said, "What the fuck?!" Because there's no way out of that damn room at the end of the game, so you have to make a concious effort to save the game yourself before walking into it to continue playing. And not only that, if you want to keep your character if you fuck up and don't save, you HAVE to buy Broken Steel.

Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ending that pissed you off. Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 01:34 AM Reply

At 8/7/11 09:05 PM, egoraptorfreak1 wrote: MGS4: mostly because snake dies, Big Boss dies, and Zero dies i mean is there a more of a wtf moment of an ending than that also it concludes the series way to easily so that there cant be anymore, so unfortunatly good things must come to an end.

Hmm I think the Metal Gear series ended quite nicely although I bet the ending to the upcoming one Metal Gear Solid Rising could end up like shit.

Jak an Daxter: because they left you hangin with that fucking portal

Meh, another one I didn't mind

MW2, CoD4 and CoD WAW: well MW2 was just a cliffhanger, cod4 was like "i saved the world from a war that went on for 5 days, and iall it cost me was my captain, an american task force and 2 crappy sequels and WaW was because either polonsky dies or roebuck lose lose situation.

I never liked the endings to CoD games.

GTA IV: Kate died and my revenge wasnt full enough for my tastes and once i saw Kate die i just didnt want to see what happened if i played again.

Yeah I to didn't feel he actually exacted revenge I mean he didn't even do anything as bad as what was done in San Andreas.

BBS Signature