00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in

29,808 Views | 343 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2011-12-23 16:12:27

At 12/11/11 01:49 PM, PhuzE wrote: Sup Dudes, I've finally been awaken from my grave.
And I made an animation for the collab.

Watch it here.
Hope you like it !

I actually do like it. Think it'll fit in well.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2011-12-24 06:28:03

sunrie you returned :P

so do you plan to have a deadline yet after so many months?

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2011-12-29 00:07:04

After a long night of hard work, I've finished animation on the finale:

-SWF-Work-in-Progress-

I've been working from frame 670 all the way to frame 1,800! Since it's almost finished, I'll have to go through the post-production process, such as music and extra rubbery movements for comical effect if needed. It's been a bit of a challenge for me mixing action with extreme usage of special effects and slapstick humor in one evening. For now, let's enjoy the last couple days of 2011 as much as we can!

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2011-12-29 13:07:29

Sorry about the double-post, but I've finished post-production on my grand finale entitled, "The Big Bar Brawl Bonanza!":
SWF-Final

And that should conclude with my parts, so here's the FLA files:
-FLA-Bar Brawl

FLA-EmergencyTest

FLA-Intro

FLA-Sonic 3

FLA-Touhou

FLA-TrafficHog

Now that I thought about it, we'll have to do our own bio page. Here's mine as an example:

Name:OutcastLabs

Info:
"You may remember me from HS2 as I was getting used to animating sprites. After that, I've been improving for this collab with more quirky movements, wild facial expressions, fast-paced humor, and I get to use hand-drawn mouths!"

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-03 07:16:31

*Bump*

Sorry about the double post again, but it's been like 5 days since I last replied to this thread. I usually get this kind of reaction sometimes. Their jaws are dropped to the floor, making them completely speechless, and I was like, "Well, OutcastLabs, you did it again!". Well, now that we've celebrated New Years Eve and counting down to 2012, let's get back to business until the collab is done and ready for the flash portal!

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-03 08:04:21

hate when this occurs. i just want this collab to wrap up soon. we got some quality parts with completely origianl material..

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-09 19:21:20

Yay! I'm back with Net access!!!!

So far, no deadline. I know you guys want to see this up, but I want to see more skits come in...I'm just gluttonous that way, I guess *LOL*

You're right, though, there are some great skits in thus far. I don't have everyone's just yet, either.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-10 10:54:24

Can I try throw something together for this? I had a few ideas left over from my old flashes that didnt make the cut haha

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-10 15:27:57

Sure thing. Let's see what you've got

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-23 08:07:47

This was something I had left over (its just been quickly slapped together so I have a outline to work with, sort of like a quick draft)

Holy Stuff

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-23 10:30:31

so you have all my parts though so far?

and yeah i'll continue to make more for ya

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-23 23:45:35

At 1/23/12 08:07 AM, weyden wrote: This was something I had left over (its just been quickly slapped together so I have a outline to work with, sort of like a quick draft)

Holy Stuff

HAH! I like it. The intro part is a little long, though, so maybe slightly less time before we finally see SZ moonwalking in. Don't forget to add sound to it. Outside of those criticisms, I want it for this.

At 1/23/12 10:30 AM, SnowyBangers wrote: so you have all my parts though so far?

and yeah i'll continue to make more for ya

Why yes I do :) and yes you should

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-24 09:21:32

yay! :D

next parts will be:

a parody to the Krows Nest boss level (DKC2)
a punch out! parody of bike scene (strange missile..)
a super mario land parody (muda kingdom level)

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-25 07:51:53

fishy and catchy ;)

ladies and gentleman, i bring you a skit without sexual content for once! :D :P

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-27 22:31:18

At 1/25/12 07:51 AM, SnowyBangers wrote: fishy and catchy ;)

ladies and gentleman, i bring you a skit without sexual content for once! :D :P

That'll work!

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-29 09:11:09

At 1/23/12 08:07 AM, weyden wrote: This was something I had left over (its just been quickly slapped together so I have a outline to work with, sort of like a quick draft)

Holy Stuff

where did ya get the undertaker sprites from? di cha ripped them yourself mate?

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-30 09:44:41

At 1/29/12 09:11 AM, SnowyBangers wrote:

Holy Stuff
where did ya get the undertaker sprites from? di cha ripped them yourself mate?

Yup I had to rip them myself, it was a pain in the ass too haha

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-30 09:54:49

how did you rip them? which emulator and image program?

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-30 17:21:32

I personally use ZNES and just disable each layer, taking a screen shot and then pasting it into something like Jasc Paintshop Pro, but using a BG color which isn't in the sprite palette to make it transparent.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-31 09:17:48

I used MAME32 because I wanted the sprites from the arcade version (snes version looks like shit compared to the arcade ver). Sadly there is no option to disable the correct layers so I used AnimGet to get all the frames I needed then made action script in photoshop to rip out all the background colours etc. I had to redraw some parts of the frames because the ropes/opponent/effects would layer above the sprite I needed. I only need 47 Undertaker frames all up so it didnt take too long.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-01-31 23:03:26

Yeah, that sounds annoying *LOL*

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-02-02 05:57:39

I think mine works best in 2 parts. Its pretty much finished as a single part (just a few more sounds and tweeks). But I think it will be better as a 2 parter. 1st part scorpion getting dizzy, 2nd part undertaker comes in.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-02-02 19:51:31

Well, do it up and post it up. That way we can see if it'll flow well and work best that way.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-02-09 20:23:56

I just may send in a skit if I can think of something.

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-03-06 23:41:20

its been a month and no one has submitted anything yet for the past month...

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-03-10 18:17:07

At 3 days ago, SnowyBangers wrote: its been a month and no one has submitted anything yet for the past month...

Problem is JoeyNG has quite a few of the parts, but he hasn't converted them down to Flash 8 yet so I can put them all together. I need CS3 or, even better, CS5.5, but I just do NOT have have the money.

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-03-13 06:01:27

At 2 days ago, Sunrie wrote:
At 3 days ago, SnowyBangers wrote: its been a month and no one has submitted anything yet for the past month...
Problem is JoeyNG has quite a few of the parts, but he hasn't converted them down to Flash 8 yet so I can put them all together. I need CS3 or, even better, CS5.5, but I just do NOT have have the money.

I only ever received parts from SnowyBangers, and have converted them to CS3 but I have lost access to my computer that had CS3 on it.
And since I'm now using a Mac and my installation CD for CS3 was PC only....
yeah...

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but it looks like I won't be able to complete anything for this collab.
I've been so short of time it's ridiculous.
I barely even have time for my own projects thanks to college.

I deeply regret this decision, but it would be wiser of me to just cut myself off now instead of leaving you guys hanging for another few months.

Sunrie, I will pass any part I have to you via the dump.
Check your inbox within the next 24 hours.

I'm sorry guys! :<

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-03-14 02:04:24

At 20 hours ago, JoeyNG wrote:
At 2 days ago, Sunrie wrote:
I only ever received parts from SnowyBangers, and have converted them to CS3 but I have lost access to my computer that had CS3 on it.
And since I'm now using a Mac and my installation CD for CS3 was PC only....
yeah...

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but it looks like I won't be able to complete anything for this collab.
I've been so short of time it's ridiculous.
I barely even have time for my own projects thanks to college.

I deeply regret this decision, but it would be wiser of me to just cut myself off now instead of leaving you guys hanging for another few months.

Sunrie, I will pass any part I have to you via the dump.
Check your inbox within the next 24 hours.

I'm sorry guys! :<

Oh damn what? Only my parts were given to Sunrie?? :( well Sunrie looks like we'll have to find another converter.

if it comes down to two of us.. then are you gonna cancel the project? cus if so, I'll just use my parts for a Game Under! Volume 5 instead. :\

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-03-14 21:58:44

Hey is this collab still going on? and if not and you decide to do game Under volume 5 i'd love to participate in it.

Tired of the same old Dragonball Z Fight movies. Then check out A Goomba's life. A Sprite Style sitcom comedy. Go ahead don't be afraid.

BBS Signature

Response to Holy Sprites 3 Collab - Join in 2012-03-15 00:15:48

At 2 hours ago, DemonicDragonY93 wrote: Hey is this collab still going on? and if not and you decide to do game Under volume 5 i'd love to participate in it.

i think its still going on dude. not really sure until Sunrie hits back.

then yeah Game Under! Volume 5 will begin then. we'll have 25 parts this time, make as many parts.