At 8/3/11 06:12 AM, RubberTrucky wrote:
At 8/3/11 06:05 AM, ThaB00MZ0R wrote:
Rereading, Gagsy has already anticipated the remark. What is historically relevant is that still, anti-woman things remain traditionally within our laws (unequal pay) and in particular in the mind of indivuals (rapists/domestic violence), so feminism is relevant in slight ways. Not so much in the extreme cases.
*Two wrongs don't make a right. Sorry for the typo.
No, it doesn't. It just means that you shouldn't repeat the mistakes of other people. Also, very clever how you saw that it is indeed a fallacy. Too bad you didn't understand what it really meant.
I forgot about rape and domestic violence!
The current statistics about false accusations are often based on pseudo-statistics.
First, it is often assumed that 9 out of 10 women don't report it when they are raped.
Secondly, some people even think women never lie about rape!
Thirdly, many people (feminists!) reverse 'conviction' rates (amount of convictions/amount of reports) with 'attrition' rates (amount of people that are guilty getting away/amount of genuine reports). In other words, they claim that only 5% of rapists are convicted, while it is only true that 5% of ALLEGED rapists get convicted. In other words, the other 95% of reports are either false, or there's lack of evidence.
About domestic violence.
This may be interesting.
The problem with many domestic violence 'statistics', is that reciprocal abuse is often viewed as if the man was the only one abusing. And of course it is often assumed, again, that women would NEVER lie. And they are also angels of peace and sugary candy that would NEVER EVER lay a finger on anything.