• 1,581 Replies
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:49 PM

At 8/2/11 06:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: At first I wasn't a huge fan of Applejack, but she grew on me to be one of my favourite. At first it just seemed like the stereotypical texas person they have in all cartoons but they actually did her really well and made her a character that happened to be texasish rather than that being her defining feature.

Same here with Applejack, I also had a similiar story with Rarity. I watched A bird in the hoof first too, so she really just came off as a snobby pretentious prep to me and nothing more, but as I watched the series more, I saw how generous, and well, caring she was to people, plus man, her VA is just fantastic. Specifically Suited for Success, while one of the most girly episodes, is probably one of my favorite. <3 art of the dress.

For me, it was really hard to just pick a favorite, though. Rarity is just by a little bit. Really, they're all good enough to be my favorite.

At 8/2/11 06:37 PM, Allele wrote:
Stephen Colbert acknowledged the MLP faggots.

fuk yea. I love Colbert even more now.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:54 PM

I wish I had a Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle signature.

too bad I suck at making them
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:57 PM

I've always liked fluttershy. Such a beatifly drawn character and her attitude is just so cute <3

I was really surprised though in dragonshy on how much courage she had. fuck, if i saw that dragon, i would run like hell. "The stare" thing she does is pretty cool but it so dark which makes it better. Her voice is just adorable and her way to communicate with animals. It reminds me i need more fluttershy art in my pony folder.

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:03 PM

At 8/2/11 06:42 PM, Bahamut wrote:
Don't worry, I've taken care of him and the same will apply to anyone else who feels to needlessly spam those pictures. This discussion has gone better than expected so let's try and keep it that way.

cant I just post a link to an image? then people have the choice to look at it and it doesnt spam the thread.

also am I the only one who doesnt think rainbow dash is a lesbian? a tom boyish jock she may be but hell I dont see where people get these damn impressions.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:05 PM

At 8/2/11 06:49 PM, Viri wrote: Same here with Applejack, I also had a similiar story with Rarity. I watched A bird in the hoof first too, so she really just came off as a snobby pretentious prep to me and nothing more, but as I watched the series more, I saw how generous, and well, caring she was to people, plus man, her VA is just fantastic. Specifically Suited for Success, while one of the most girly episodes, is probably one of my favorite. <3 art of the dress.

I wasn't a huge fan of rarity to begin with, but after repeat watchings I did really start to love her. She is the most female of all of them so of course it took longer to get used to her for me, but I am glad I gave her the chance to as she did end up being great. It's still one of my favourite Rarity moments when she complains about not getting the diamond of the Dragon just completely in her own world for a bit forgetting what she was suppose to be doing, adds a lot of fun to her usually generous side :)

For me, it was really hard to just pick a favorite, though. Rarity is just by a little bit. Really, they're all good enough to be my favorite.

Same, I think Rainbow Dash myself, but really i hate picking favourites as they are all good and I don't like making one seem worse than the other, as they are all brilliantly made characters, no crappy ones inside like you might usually find one really bad character no one can like.

At 8/2/11 06:37 PM, Allele wrote:
fuk yea. I love Colbert even more now.

I still know little about him, I really should get out more.

At 8/2/11 06:57 PM, coleknows wrote: I've always liked fluttershy. Such a beatifly drawn character and her attitude is just so cute <3

She is the cutest of the mane cast, up there with Luna for me with the cutest ponies.

I was really surprised though in dragonshy on how much courage she had. fuck, if i saw that dragon, i would run like hell. "The stare" thing she does is pretty cool but it so dark which makes it better. Her voice is just adorable and her way to communicate with animals. It reminds me i need more fluttershy art in my pony folder.

It is also kind of inspiring and reminds me of myself with how despite being really shy and scared of things, when her friends were in danger she stood up for them and spoke her mind and did everything she could to protect them, for the element of kindness she really came of as loyalty as well at that moment :) I just love how no matetr how shy she always is, you know inside that if someone does need protecting or caring after she will do whatever she can for them. Thats what I lvoe about the others also. Like Rainbow Dash is arrogant a lot of the time, but when the others need her she is strait there to help even if she ends up worse for wear by doing so, like with defending Fluttershy at the race she saw she was in trouble so went strait there and put herself on the line to stand up for her. The strength of the friendship in the show is really beautiful.

At 8/2/11 07:03 PM, MrPercie wrote: also am I the only one who doesnt think rainbow dash is a lesbian? a tom boyish jock she may be but hell I dont see where people get these damn impressions.

Nah lots of us think Rainbow Dash is a lesbian. I myself like to think it also, she really does come off as that sort of person. I think Lauren said she wasn't, but despite that it's still nice to want to believe it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:06 PM

At 8/2/11 06:57 PM, coleknows wrote: I've always liked fluttershy. Such a beatifly drawn character and her attitude is just so cute <3

Aye, I think we can all agree that Fluttershy is the most adorable thing created in the history of forever.

I was really surprised though in dragonshy on how much courage she had. fuck, if i saw that dragon, i would run like hell. "The stare" thing she does is pretty cool but it so dark which makes it better.

Yeah, I suppose you don't mess with Fluttershy's friends eh?

Speaking of flutterrage, Something that particularly has been bothering me was her outburst in the last episode, did anyone else feel that it was entirely out of character for her? I mean sure she definitely developed during the season, and became less shy, and it was funny, but it just seemed really out of place for her.

I dunno, it just seems that compared to the other characters, they didn't develop her as well, and they're pretty much mainly using her for cute, and comic relief. I hope season 2 has more episodes like Dragonshy that will develop her a bit more, same with Pinkie Pie as well.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:12 PM

At 8/2/11 07:05 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: It's still one of my favourite Rarity moments when she complains about not getting the diamond of the Dragon just completely in her own world for a bit forgetting what she was suppose to be doing, adds a lot of fun to her usually generous side :)

Indeed, that was a great moment, but I honestly don't think anything can top her whining in the Diamond Dog episode, it still cracks me up.

Same, I think Rainbow Dash myself, but really i hate picking favourites as they are all good and I don't like making one seem worse than the other, as they are all brilliantly made characters, no crappy ones inside like you might usually find one really bad character no one can like.

Exactly how I feel as well, usually when you're comparing something, you imply one thing is better than the other, and due to that I just can't compare them, as I shouldn't. They're all brilliant, I just happen to like Rarity a bit more than the rest. :)

I'll never understand how people can rank the main six.

At 8/2/11 07:03 PM, MrPercie wrote: also am I the only one who doesnt think rainbow dash is a lesbian? a tom boyish jock she may be but hell I dont see where people get these damn impressions.

I don't really think she's a lesbian, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was bisexual or something. Not that sexual preference matters in a cartoon, so I don't really bother myself with thinking about it.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:14 PM

At 8/2/11 07:06 PM, Viri wrote: Yeah, I suppose you don't mess with Fluttershy's friends eh?

Speaking of flutterrage, Something that particularly has been bothering me was her outburst in the last episode, did anyone else feel that it was entirely out of character for her? I mean sure she definitely developed during the season, and became less shy, and it was funny, but it just seemed really out of place for her.

I agree it really was out of place, kind of shocking when she yells. I do like it though, as it shows that even for a character as cute and kind and innocent as Fluttershy, no one is perfect all of the time. Showing this side of her for just a moment when she gets completely worked up by no animals loving her which she had spent her life around, its not to hard to see why she ended up getting into a rage over it, even with her being as shy as she is. Shy people usually can come out in rages if something big like that is the cause. I am a perfect example sadly to say.
I think it actually makes me enjoy her even more, as the fact that it shows she has this side to her makes her seem more like a normal person, same with how all the characters have their moments like Pinkie Pie loosing her mind and Rainbow Dash freaking out and Twilight getting really worked up, Rarity going into a sort of...cant think of the word but you know when her dress making falls apart and she locks herslef in her room, and Applejack with her becoming obsessed with doing things alone. These small moments i nthe show make all the characters seem more real, it shows they arent just a flat face and that they really do have personality and their character develops etc, if not always in a good way.

I dunno, it just seems that compared to the other characters, they didn't develop her as well, and they're pretty much mainly using her for cute, and comic relief. I hope season 2 has more episodes like Dragonshy that will develop her a bit more, same with Pinkie Pie as well.

I would love more also.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:15 PM

I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:22 PM

At 8/2/11 07:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
can come out in rages if something big like that is the cause. I am a perfect example sadly to say.

I perfectly understand this, I've done it too when I was a more introvert person. :P

I think it actually makes me enjoy her even more, as the fact that it shows she has this side to her makes her seem more like a normal person,

I've actually never thought of it that way, but you are right, everyone has their fits of rage sometimes, even the most shut in ones, it does make the characters feel more alive, like they don't follow one specific stereotype. I do wish that Fluttershy had more moments like that more, and maybe a little less "d'aww" moments.

At 8/2/11 07:15 PM, Ryan wrote:
I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

I wouldn't say Applejack went batshit insane, she really just went stubborn as fuck, but yeah, it was all good stuff.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:26 PM

At 8/2/11 07:15 PM, Ryan wrote: I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

Think Fluttershy had two of them. The Stare Master and the season one finale.

not entirely sure if Stare Master episode counts though

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #10 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:27 PM

At 8/2/11 07:03 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 8/2/11 06:42 PM, Bahamut wrote:
cant I just post a link to an image? then people have the choice to look at it and it doesnt spam the thread.

if it is a simple link then go ahead, it wont interfere with most of the thread and we can enjoy it IF we want to

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:28 PM

At 8/2/11 06:37 PM, Allele wrote: Stephen Colbert acknowledged the MLP faggots.

Yep, I heard him say "brony". It was the first time I had ever heard of the latest "My Little Pony" series being mentioned in a place other than the Internet. I saw like three minutes of the first episode, and it was pretty awesome.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:32 PM

At 8/2/11 07:27 PM, tox wrote: if it is a simple link then go ahead, it wont interfere with most of the thread and we can enjoy it IF we want to

good, this image is actually funny

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnybgl T7j51qea7kco1_400.jpg

always makes me laugh

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:32 PM

At 8/2/11 07:12 PM, Viri wrote: Indeed, that was a great moment, but I honestly don't think anything can top her whining in the Diamond Dog episode, it still cracks me up.

I do love how she is still completely in control of herself when she does it, only whining because they don't understand the difference of complaining and whining thats just brilliant.

I'll never understand how people can rank the main six.

What I dislike the most is having to there by pick the character I like the least, I hate doing that no matter what show or game it is, I don't like having my worst character etc as then I will never enjoy that one as much again.

I don't really think she's a lesbian, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was bisexual or something. Not that sexual preference matters in a cartoon, so I don't really bother myself with thinking about it.

With how she acts I just personally find it hard to think she would be completely strait, gay or bi, if of course its ever going to be an issue to talk about. For the show itself they likely aren't going to have a love interest for her at least for a while since thats more Rarity and Spike's department to talk about those type of things. But for fan-fiction where it ends up being a matter for shipping etc, then she really does fit the gay side from what I have read. I have also read some strait shipping with her though and again it works well, mostly as people can actually write well and not make them crappy, but either way, probably listing her as bi would be best. Which should probably be the main choice for all characters in existence unless they state otherwise, if you think everyone could go either way then everyone is happy. Unless of course people have a problem with that, but what does it matter it's not their way of thinking if they do is it.

At 8/2/11 07:15 PM, Ryan wrote: I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

Agreed, personally I dont think I could enjoy the characters as much if they didn't have these episodes as it really ends up showing the complete sides of the characters both good and bad, also gives rise to more fanfiction etc with knowing how the characters act in such situtations.

At 8/2/11 07:22 PM, Viri wrote: I've actually never thought of it that way, but you are right, everyone has their fits of rage sometimes, even the most shut in ones, it does make the characters feel more alive, like they don't follow one specific stereotype. I do wish that Fluttershy had more moments like that more, and maybe a little less "d'aww" moments.

This is one of the reasons why MLP is as good as it is, I don't really know of other cartoons that are prepared to show this side of their characters like this. Only ones that do tend to be aimed for the older audience, which as a result is one of the reasons we end up liking it as much as we do I suppose.
I think Fluttershy having all her "d'aww" moments is great as she is of course the cutest...I mean questionably cutest (Luna is sooooo cute) so she needs these, but just that small amount at least of showing her real character is what makes her so good, her rage and her standing up against the Dragon, also I love the episode when she steals Celestia's bird she just doesn't ask and goes for it because she believes so truthfully that its the right thing to do, I loved how she acted on that along with Twilight who was really unsettled throughout it.

At 8/2/11 07:21 PM, BumFodder wrote: Best pony related video ever.

This is always fun.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:41 PM

At 8/2/11 07:06 PM, Viri wrote:
At 8/2/11 06:57 PM, coleknows wrote:

im hoping that there will be a few more songs that involve the singing talents of the 6, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwybXq7pd bA start it at 2:10,
their voices are almost magical..
and after watching that im changing that last like to .. their voices are magical

in the last episode i remember flutter shy almost exploding from anger that no animals would love her, and i agree that was out-of-place... it was odd though... maybe a hidden part of her character, i am sure that something will be mentioned in the next season about it
btw, when does the next season drop?

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:47 PM

The reason why Fluttershy exploded at the Gala was because the avoidance of the animals conflicts with her reason being, seeing as her cutie mark is about animal control. It makes sense that she snapped.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:47 PM

At 8/2/11 07:41 PM, tox wrote: im hoping that there will be a few more songs that involve the singing talents of the 6, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwybXq7pd bA start it at 2:10,
their voices are almost magical..
and after watching that im changing that last like to .. their voices are magical

The song I am most hoping for is the Cutie Mark Crusaders theme song, with the three of them doing the correct roles in it. That would be the best way for them to get their cutie marks and the already great song would be loads better.

No idea sadly, maybe Octoberish like first?

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:50 PM

At 8/2/11 07:32 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Which should probably be the main choice for all characters in existence unless they state otherwise, if you think everyone could go either way then everyone is happy. Unless of course people have a problem with that, but what does it matter it's not their way of thinking if they do is it.

Well, not everyone, some people dislike that as well, but yeah I agree. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was an episode of Rainbow Dashing having a crush on a Colt or something just to put this to rest.

This is one of the reasons why MLP is as good as it is, I don't really know of other cartoons that are prepared to show this side of their characters like this. Only ones that do tend to be aimed for the older audience, which as a result is one of the reasons we end up liking it as much as we do I suppose.

Yeah, it really shows both sides of the coins, that's one of my favorite parts about the show, is the characters, and their indepth development.

I think Fluttershy having all her "d'aww" moments is great as she is of course the cutest...I mean questionably cutest (Luna is sooooo cute) so she needs these, but just that small amount at least of showing her real character is what makes her so good, her rage and her standing up against the Dragon, also I love the episode when she steals Celestia's bird she just doesn't ask and goes for it because she believes so truthfully that its the right thing to do, I loved how she acted on that along with Twilight who was really unsettled throughout it.

Oh no doubt I agree, she's the cutest and lots of "d'aww" moments are great, though, I would like less of them, and more, development in general. I think a healthy mix would be great. Same with Pinkie, and her comic relief. Even though she does crack me up, haha.

At 8/2/11 07:21 PM, BumFodder wrote: Best pony related video ever.
This is always fun.

Quite silly if I so say so myself. I laughed.

At 8/2/11 07:41 PM, tox wrote:

Fall 2011, I'm gonna guess around October.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:50 PM

God, you saying flutterage reminds me all the sparta remixes i have been looking at from that clip. I think i have the phrase "your going to love me!" embedded in my mind now. But even if she was to go rage in front of me, i wouldn't be scared or anything. I would still love her and try to calm her down. I feel so compelled to show this so ill put it in a link.

Aw fuck, i cant find a way how to show the pic. Does anyone mind if people can post ART not memes? And not spam them like way too much?

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:55 PM

At 8/2/11 07:50 PM, Viri wrote:
At 8/2/11 07:32 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:

At 8/2/11 07:41 PM, tox wrote:
Fall 2011, I'm gonna guess around October.

i smell a mlp fim season 2 waiting thread coming on here XD

At 8/2/11 07:47 PM, verycoolguy wrote: The reason why Fluttershy exploded at the Gala was because the avoidance of the animals conflicts with her reason being, seeing as her cutie mark is about animal control. It makes sense that she snapped.

but this is in direct conflict of her character for the last 26 episodes.. i can understand her standing up to a dragon but a complete scream of anger?
it seems like the character was sold out for a musical number rather than the continued use of the characters ideas and internal workings..
or is that just me?

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:01 PM

At 8/2/11 07:55 PM, tox wrote: but this is in direct conflict of her character for the last 26 episodes.. i can understand her standing up to a dragon but a complete scream of anger?
it seems like the character was sold out for a musical number rather than the continued use of the characters ideas and internal workings..
or is that just me?

I am almost positivly sure its just to show Fluttershy's other side, every character as Ryan said has had their episode of them going "crazy" and to be honest Fluttershy was left out a little from it, she stood up to a dragon and the like, but she never really showed her complete other side what happens if she really cant handle whats going on. Pinky Pie went insane Rainbow Dash freaked out and Fluttershy gets into a rage. It's that sort of character development that isn't repeated, but is still shown so people can identify the characters other sides.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 08:25 PM

I was thinking about it and remember in he second episode .. fluttershy yells at her friends to stop attacking the .. magicorp? ... big beast thing..
maybe fluttershy is only hampered by a shy spirit but really insde her character she's is actually compleatly forth coming and even possibly a commanding pony...
but this is speculation mind you

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 09:23 PM

At 8/2/11 08:25 PM, tox wrote: I was thinking about it and remember in he second episode .. fluttershy yells at her friends to stop attacking the .. magicorp? ... big beast thing..
maybe fluttershy is only hampered by a shy spirit but really insde her character she's is actually compleatly forth coming and even possibly a commanding pony...
but this is speculation mind you

Would be interest if she is, by all means you can make fan-fiction around it and it will be good :) It seems like she will go as far as shouting if needed if she feels like she can help, like with the manticorp, but even at times like that she starts of quiet like she asks about 4 times before she yells at them to stop, so it seems like she will always keep to her shy side unless she has a big enough reason to get worked up and yell about something.
Looking at her "screaming" quietly on the photo episode and when she kicks the vase she seems to even when worked up be her quiet self around anything that effects her personally. Including with how she never stands up for herself she will never raise her voice for her own needs. However if it is for someone else like her friends or animals that gives her enough reason to yell or get angry.
So it seems like she is really insecure and doesn't have a good view of her own worth, but gives all the care she can get from her heart for others. Which is sweet, yet also a little upsetting that she doesn't feel like she is worth it.

BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 09:59 PM

I can't believe I spent over half an hour reading all that. I'm suprised I didn't see this thread, but I also suppose that sorta makes sense since I've been spending most of my time in band for the past 2 days. Anyways, about the show. My favorite pony is Fluttershy. I think she's adorable, love her voice, love her character in general and, as has been said, I like how, despite her constant shyness/kindness, she manages to stand up for her friends and even flip out if pushed too far. That sentence had too many commas... I do kinda have a bit of trouble when people (Like my brother and best friend) ask me to tell them the order in which I like the mane cast from most to least because they are all so likeable and I feel bad saying that one or the other is my least favorite.
My favorite episode is Dragonshy for somewhat obvious reasons. I do like them all though. (I think my second favorite episode is Stare Master or Sonic Rainboom)
Also, I'm glad that the trolls/haters left and, around the last couple of pages, people actually started to talk about the show! I hope this keeps up you guys! Brohooves to all.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:07 PM

At 8/2/11 09:59 PM, shrimpchris wrote: That sentence had too many commas...

I always over use commas myself, but since they signal a pause, you can't really use to many as it just shows where you would pause if you were saying it.

I do kinda have a bit of trouble when people (Like my brother and best friend) ask me to tell them the order in which I like the mane cast from most to least because they are all so likeable and I feel bad saying that one or the other is my least favorite.

I hate saying least to, it is just never good to say your least favourite of anything.

My favorite episode is Dragonshy for somewhat obvious reasons. I do like them all though. (I think my second favorite episode is Stare Master or Sonic Rainboom)

I love Sonic Rainboom as my favourite and Dragonshy as likely my second so close there :p Then again fits with our favourite ponies to end up loving their personal episodes.

Also, I'm glad that the trolls/haters left and, around the last couple of pages, people actually started to talk about the show! I hope this keeps up you guys! Brohooves to all.

Yes nice to actually be able to talk about it, haven't been able to have a good talk about ponies before the last few pages of this thread for over a week. *Brohoof*

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

Been neglecting this thread for the rest of the day now. Upon coming back, noticing no one has mentioned Pinkie yet.

Definitely my favourite character far above the rest. She mixes ditziness with intelligence, seems to always ignore that others don't see the steps she makes to reach to a conclusion. she's not afraid to be acting weird and about that doesn't even mind getting comments. she's somewhere in between not knowing about private boundaries (see Ticket Master "at least the others try to be subtle") and still holding a high moral of friendship (FOREVER and basically, party of one).
In Griffon the Brush off, I initially felt a bit of an aversion. Seemed a bit silly for a prankster. But it was okay (spoiler alert) at the end when she didn't purposely set Gilda up to chase her away.
Dragonshy gave her some of the better moments, like when rarity covers her in dust (Rarity had that cute putting on the shawl moment) and later on the chicken (most random moment in the show, leaving even rarity speechless) and her whole attire to face the dragon. (Pinkie Pie did... whatever she does)
Further in the series, she kept delivering good moments. Bridle Gossip's work in progress, her acquisition of the flute, while ignoring Rarity in Swarm of the Century, tricking Applebloom into making cupcakes (plus the song), her skating in Winter wrap-up ( although 'that nest needs to be condemned" might be my favourite line in the first season), and so on. In particular her part in the Show Stoppers was golden.

No, I don't dislike other ponies, but Pinkie Pie is just a God level higher in my opinion.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
majormario
majormario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:52 PM

At 8/2/11 10:35 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: How exactly am I being hostile, seriously people always pick on whatever they can get their hands on whenever we post.

Your hostility is in the form of chastising me for not taking notice of your thread sooner, downsizing me for not reading the first few pages, and making me out to be stupid by thinking that I would pay more attention to a silly picture than meaningful text. In all honesty, you're being a little paranoid. But this is not a fight or flame session, as it is pointless and leaves both sides defeated. Plus, I do not want to anger you or your acquaintances here, as it is a civilized discussion thread.

I come to this thread to try to understand this show and how exactly it has effected your behavior on the internet. The style of the show reminds me of the Powerpuff Girls; would the producers of MLP: FiM be similar to those of the PPG?

tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:50 AM

At 8/2/11 11:52 PM, majormario wrote:
At 8/2/11 10:35 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: How exactly am I being hostile, seriously people always pick on whatever they can get their hands on whenever we post.
Your hostility is in the form of chastising me for not taking notice of your thread sooner, downsizing me for not reading the first few pages, and making me out to be stupid by thinking that I would pay more attention to a silly picture than meaningful text. In all honesty, you're being a little paranoid. But this is not a fight or flame session, as it is pointless and leaves both sides defeated. Plus, I do not want to anger you or your acquaintances here, as it is a civilized discussion thread.

I come to this thread to try to understand this show and how exactly it has effected your behavior on the internet. The style of the show reminds me of the Powerpuff Girls; would the producers of MLP: FiM be similar to those of the PPG?

Actually if one were to read the thread from the beggining and see most of the long explanations of what the show actually means in the psychology and stats to us, you may be far more poised to be able to see why we enjoy the show... as for our behavior we have started to become a intertwined close not group that seeks each other out in different places on the bbs, openly support each other and the like and start to really understand character developement and the show for a deeper set idea that is within our own minds and hearts...
Also if you were to look into any of our research or other peoples findings or e history of the show you would learn that the same person that made mlp fim also made power puff girls and fosters home for imaginary friends.. all show high levels of detail in a spacific character.. maybe less so in power puff girls but the style and imagry is exactly the same,
IF you knew more things or would be more interisted in learning of our behaviour then stick around, but as it stands right now you are openly showing that you are judging us, waiting for us to slip, or trying to shuw us that we flaunt a fault in our ways...
Hate begets hate...

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature