• Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 13:35:05

At 8/2/11 01:33 PM, RubberTrucky wrote:
At 8/2/11 01:26 PM, tox wrote:
in related news, a number of people on 4chan are also trying to new forum for ponies instead of /co/
If you're talking about ponychan, that's old news.

Also, regarding the Derpy question: video.

no i mean on 4chan.. pony chan and 4chan.. you have to go to different http's but a number of people want to get the pony forum going directly in 4chan...

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 15:20:46

At 8/2/11 08:37 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: At 8/2/11 08:25 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Just a little suggestion here: how about instead of debating the legitimacy of the fandom, how about we just talk about the show?
Fine. What's everybody's favourite pony and why?

Ah, this age old question.

Well, I would have to say that Rarity is my favorite pony, though only by a little bit. I really like all of the main six in their own ways, naturally, but something about Rarity makes me like her a bit more than the rest. I think it's due to her generous nature, and how she strives to give people the best, and make them happy, as witnessed very clearly in Suited for Success. While she is pretentious a decent amount of the time, I think her generosity and general care for her friends makes up for that. Plus, her whining, specifically in a Dog and Pony Show was absolutely hilarious, I think it was one of the best moments in the first season.

At 8/2/11 01:09 PM, GiantDouche wrote: whatever. i hope you guys do get a group in c&c so there aren't any pony threads in general.

Thanks, we all hope that too.

At 8/2/11 01:35 PM, tox wrote:
no i mean on 4chan.. pony chan and 4chan.. you have to go to different http's but a number of people want to get the pony forum going directly in 4chan...

Is going to a new site that big of a hassle? I mean, I personally think ponychan is a fine place as is, I dunno how well a pony board would go on 4chan.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 15:21:45

At 8/2/11 01:34 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 8/2/11 01:33 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: Also, regarding the Derpy question: video.
Ah.

Love that gal'

hahahaha.... Derpy hooves is funny... Definitely my favorite BG pony...

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 15:28:05

Oh my fucking Celestia, way too many of you people have my sigs.

Also I was a brony before it became cool. Therefore, I am about 20% cooler than all y'all.

Sugarcube.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 15:34:08

At 8/2/11 03:28 PM, Ryan wrote: Oh my fucking Celestia, way too many of you people have my sigs.

We have sigs by you because you are awesome. You are like the drug dealer that sells stuff for cheap. The only difference is that you do sigs for free.

BBS Signature
Comrade
Comrade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 15:49:41

At 8/2/11 03:34 PM, Finalfina wrote:
At 8/2/11 03:28 PM, Ryan wrote: Oh my fucking Celestia, way too many of you people have my sigs.
We have sigs by you because you are awesome. You are like the drug dealer that sells stuff for cheap. The only difference is that you do sigs for free.

The Heavy likes this

MLP serious discussion thread

ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 15:55:15

At 8/2/11 03:34 PM, Finalfina wrote:

I know, I wasted my time making my own sig when I could have just gotten Ryan to do it. I'll never get that time back now.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 16:17:47

At 8/2/11 03:55 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
I know, I wasted my time making my own sig when I could have just gotten Ryan to do it. I'll never get that time back now.

If it makes you feel any better, i think your sig is awesome.

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 16:25:46

At 8/2/11 12:42 AM, Makeshift wrote: It's a band in a wagon being pulled by a pony.

The smartest thing said in this thread.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 16:25:54

Also I was a brony before it became cool. Therefore, I am about 20% cooler than all y'all.

Sugarcube.

Welcome back.

Oh and with people constantly asking about why dont we go to 4chan or ponychan etc, we do...but we also like this forum, personally this is my favourite forum, and as such if I want to talk about something I shouldnt have to leave the forum I prefer to do it, its unfair.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 17:31:10

so we have ...
Ragnarokia and xenomite_____Rainbow Dash
the-great-one_______________Pinkie
Viri_______________________Rarity
My self and ImaSmartass2____Appple Jack
Ryan _____________________Derpy
ComradeMolotov ___________Flutter Shy
we still need a dedicated twilight sparkle and a dedicated spike...
and yes i know that The-Great-One has spike in his sig, but it falls more on the visable pony first of all
i bet we will get someone soon... i hope
OH and on topic i love apple jack, shes the worker, i work like a horse in rl sometimes, and i am a easy person to cuddle with, i wanted to be twilight but i would need far more long posts that do into great detail about anything and everything... idiot finder if he was a bronie would make one such example...

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Bryan
Bryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 17:45:46

<3333

"Maybe thats why shes in film school. She wants to be an Artistic Autistic." -Viper50
"Everything else you said was mostly garbage and opinionated." -DangerousGirl

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:14:14

At 8/2/11 05:31 PM, tox wrote: Ragnarokia and xenomite_____Rainbow Dash

Yea my favourite even if I do suit Fluttershy more and Twilight Sparkle more, just something about Rainbow Dash makes her really enjoyable.
Twilight is a great character and I always love everything about her, she is probably my second favourite character.

OH and on topic i love apple jack, shes the worker, i work like a horse in rl sometimes, and i am a easy person to cuddle with, i wanted to be twilight but i would need far more long posts that do into great detail about anything and everything... idiot finder if he was a bronie would make one such example...

At first I wasn't a huge fan of Applejack, but she grew on me to be one of my favourite. At first it just seemed like the stereotypical texas person they have in all cartoons but they actually did her really well and made her a character that happened to be texasish rather than that being her defining feature.

BBS Signature
Allele
Allele
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:37:35

Stephen Colbert acknowledged the MLP faggots.

coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:41:01

At 8/2/11 05:45 PM, Bryan wrote: <3333

Keep it down with the spam. I dont want this thread to die :3

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:42:54

At 8/2/11 06:41 PM, coleknows wrote:

Don't worry, I've taken care of him and the same will apply to anyone else who feels to needlessly spam those pictures. This discussion has gone better than expected so let's try and keep it that way.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:48:13

At 8/2/11 06:42 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/2/11 06:41 PM, coleknows wrote:
Don't worry, I've taken care of him and the same will apply to anyone else who feels to needlessly spam those pictures. This discussion has gone better than expected so let's try and keep it that way.

Of course we do bahamut, the only bad stuff is the meme spamming and hate spamming, when we actually get the chance to post without those destroying the threads its like any other good thread. Well any other rare thread since its general afterall :p

BBS Signature
MintPaw
MintPaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:49:12

Basically anyone who posted "MLP is gay" has lost 99% of whatever respect I had for them. It's ok not to like it, but to go out of your way and post something so stupid is as a follow up is retarded.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.
Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:49:21

At 8/2/11 06:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: At first I wasn't a huge fan of Applejack, but she grew on me to be one of my favourite. At first it just seemed like the stereotypical texas person they have in all cartoons but they actually did her really well and made her a character that happened to be texasish rather than that being her defining feature.

Same here with Applejack, I also had a similiar story with Rarity. I watched A bird in the hoof first too, so she really just came off as a snobby pretentious prep to me and nothing more, but as I watched the series more, I saw how generous, and well, caring she was to people, plus man, her VA is just fantastic. Specifically Suited for Success, while one of the most girly episodes, is probably one of my favorite. <3 art of the dress.

For me, it was really hard to just pick a favorite, though. Rarity is just by a little bit. Really, they're all good enough to be my favorite.

At 8/2/11 06:37 PM, Allele wrote:
Stephen Colbert acknowledged the MLP faggots.

fuk yea. I love Colbert even more now.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:54:14

I wish I had a Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle signature.

too bad I suck at making them
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 18:57:30

I've always liked fluttershy. Such a beatifly drawn character and her attitude is just so cute <3

I was really surprised though in dragonshy on how much courage she had. fuck, if i saw that dragon, i would run like hell. "The stare" thing she does is pretty cool but it so dark which makes it better. Her voice is just adorable and her way to communicate with animals. It reminds me i need more fluttershy art in my pony folder.

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:03:58

At 8/2/11 06:42 PM, Bahamut wrote:

cant I just post a link to an image? then people have the choice to look at it and it doesnt spam the thread.

also am I the only one who doesnt think rainbow dash is a lesbian? a tom boyish jock she may be but hell I dont see where people get these damn impressions.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:05:51

At 8/2/11 06:49 PM, Viri wrote: Same here with Applejack, I also had a similiar story with Rarity. I watched A bird in the hoof first too, so she really just came off as a snobby pretentious prep to me and nothing more, but as I watched the series more, I saw how generous, and well, caring she was to people, plus man, her VA is just fantastic. Specifically Suited for Success, while one of the most girly episodes, is probably one of my favorite. <3 art of the dress.

I wasn't a huge fan of rarity to begin with, but after repeat watchings I did really start to love her. She is the most female of all of them so of course it took longer to get used to her for me, but I am glad I gave her the chance to as she did end up being great. It's still one of my favourite Rarity moments when she complains about not getting the diamond of the Dragon just completely in her own world for a bit forgetting what she was suppose to be doing, adds a lot of fun to her usually generous side :)

For me, it was really hard to just pick a favorite, though. Rarity is just by a little bit. Really, they're all good enough to be my favorite.

Same, I think Rainbow Dash myself, but really i hate picking favourites as they are all good and I don't like making one seem worse than the other, as they are all brilliantly made characters, no crappy ones inside like you might usually find one really bad character no one can like.

At 8/2/11 06:37 PM, Allele wrote:
fuk yea. I love Colbert even more now.

I still know little about him, I really should get out more.

At 8/2/11 06:57 PM, coleknows wrote: I've always liked fluttershy. Such a beatifly drawn character and her attitude is just so cute <3

She is the cutest of the mane cast, up there with Luna for me with the cutest ponies.

I was really surprised though in dragonshy on how much courage she had. fuck, if i saw that dragon, i would run like hell. "The stare" thing she does is pretty cool but it so dark which makes it better. Her voice is just adorable and her way to communicate with animals. It reminds me i need more fluttershy art in my pony folder.

It is also kind of inspiring and reminds me of myself with how despite being really shy and scared of things, when her friends were in danger she stood up for them and spoke her mind and did everything she could to protect them, for the element of kindness she really came of as loyalty as well at that moment :) I just love how no matetr how shy she always is, you know inside that if someone does need protecting or caring after she will do whatever she can for them. Thats what I lvoe about the others also. Like Rainbow Dash is arrogant a lot of the time, but when the others need her she is strait there to help even if she ends up worse for wear by doing so, like with defending Fluttershy at the race she saw she was in trouble so went strait there and put herself on the line to stand up for her. The strength of the friendship in the show is really beautiful.

At 8/2/11 07:03 PM, MrPercie wrote: also am I the only one who doesnt think rainbow dash is a lesbian? a tom boyish jock she may be but hell I dont see where people get these damn impressions.

Nah lots of us think Rainbow Dash is a lesbian. I myself like to think it also, she really does come off as that sort of person. I think Lauren said she wasn't, but despite that it's still nice to want to believe it.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:06:48

At 8/2/11 06:57 PM, coleknows wrote: I've always liked fluttershy. Such a beatifly drawn character and her attitude is just so cute <3

Aye, I think we can all agree that Fluttershy is the most adorable thing created in the history of forever.

I was really surprised though in dragonshy on how much courage she had. fuck, if i saw that dragon, i would run like hell. "The stare" thing she does is pretty cool but it so dark which makes it better.

Yeah, I suppose you don't mess with Fluttershy's friends eh?

Speaking of flutterrage, Something that particularly has been bothering me was her outburst in the last episode, did anyone else feel that it was entirely out of character for her? I mean sure she definitely developed during the season, and became less shy, and it was funny, but it just seemed really out of place for her.

I dunno, it just seems that compared to the other characters, they didn't develop her as well, and they're pretty much mainly using her for cute, and comic relief. I hope season 2 has more episodes like Dragonshy that will develop her a bit more, same with Pinkie Pie as well.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:12:46

At 8/2/11 07:05 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: It's still one of my favourite Rarity moments when she complains about not getting the diamond of the Dragon just completely in her own world for a bit forgetting what she was suppose to be doing, adds a lot of fun to her usually generous side :)

Indeed, that was a great moment, but I honestly don't think anything can top her whining in the Diamond Dog episode, it still cracks me up.

Same, I think Rainbow Dash myself, but really i hate picking favourites as they are all good and I don't like making one seem worse than the other, as they are all brilliantly made characters, no crappy ones inside like you might usually find one really bad character no one can like.

Exactly how I feel as well, usually when you're comparing something, you imply one thing is better than the other, and due to that I just can't compare them, as I shouldn't. They're all brilliant, I just happen to like Rarity a bit more than the rest. :)

I'll never understand how people can rank the main six.

At 8/2/11 07:03 PM, MrPercie wrote: also am I the only one who doesnt think rainbow dash is a lesbian? a tom boyish jock she may be but hell I dont see where people get these damn impressions.

I don't really think she's a lesbian, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was bisexual or something. Not that sexual preference matters in a cartoon, so I don't really bother myself with thinking about it.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:14:23

At 8/2/11 07:06 PM, Viri wrote: Yeah, I suppose you don't mess with Fluttershy's friends eh?

Speaking of flutterrage, Something that particularly has been bothering me was her outburst in the last episode, did anyone else feel that it was entirely out of character for her? I mean sure she definitely developed during the season, and became less shy, and it was funny, but it just seemed really out of place for her.

I agree it really was out of place, kind of shocking when she yells. I do like it though, as it shows that even for a character as cute and kind and innocent as Fluttershy, no one is perfect all of the time. Showing this side of her for just a moment when she gets completely worked up by no animals loving her which she had spent her life around, its not to hard to see why she ended up getting into a rage over it, even with her being as shy as she is. Shy people usually can come out in rages if something big like that is the cause. I am a perfect example sadly to say.
I think it actually makes me enjoy her even more, as the fact that it shows she has this side to her makes her seem more like a normal person, same with how all the characters have their moments like Pinkie Pie loosing her mind and Rainbow Dash freaking out and Twilight getting really worked up, Rarity going into a sort of...cant think of the word but you know when her dress making falls apart and she locks herslef in her room, and Applejack with her becoming obsessed with doing things alone. These small moments i nthe show make all the characters seem more real, it shows they arent just a flat face and that they really do have personality and their character develops etc, if not always in a good way.

I dunno, it just seems that compared to the other characters, they didn't develop her as well, and they're pretty much mainly using her for cute, and comic relief. I hope season 2 has more episodes like Dragonshy that will develop her a bit more, same with Pinkie Pie as well.

I would love more also.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:15:22

I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:21:39

Best pony related video ever.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:22:14

At 8/2/11 07:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
can come out in rages if something big like that is the cause. I am a perfect example sadly to say.

I perfectly understand this, I've done it too when I was a more introvert person. :P

I think it actually makes me enjoy her even more, as the fact that it shows she has this side to her makes her seem more like a normal person,

I've actually never thought of it that way, but you are right, everyone has their fits of rage sometimes, even the most shut in ones, it does make the characters feel more alive, like they don't follow one specific stereotype. I do wish that Fluttershy had more moments like that more, and maybe a little less "d'aww" moments.

At 8/2/11 07:15 PM, Ryan wrote:
I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

I wouldn't say Applejack went batshit insane, she really just went stubborn as fuck, but yeah, it was all good stuff.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-02 19:26:05

At 8/2/11 07:15 PM, Ryan wrote: I like how everypony has at least one episode where they go batshit insane.

Think Fluttershy had two of them. The Stare Master and the season one finale.

not entirely sure if Stare Master episode counts though

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature