• 1,581 Replies
ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-17 21:05:45

At 9/17/11 08:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: All I ask is that if you're going to hate have reason to it other than "it's a girl's show" or "it's stupid." If you honestly think it is stupid or annoying to you and you have good reason for it after seeing at least a few episodes of the show, then I can understand and respect said opinion. As long as they can respect my opinion for liking the show and not just call me a shameless bandwagon rider.

Ok dude I gotta throw this out. I have a very open mind. At first when I saw all the MLP stuff arround, all the referances memes and captions I thought it was some viral joke. Then I began to realise that all these people "Bronies" were actually serious. My first thought was what is all the fuss about? So I thought if all these people like it, its worth taking a look at. So I watched myself an episode of it. And honest to God. I hated it. Nuff said.

I have nothing against people liking it. Everyone is in title to there own opinions. What I have somethign against is people Not liking other people Not liking MLP and vise versa, because thats not fair. The hating is as annoying as the obsessing. All I have to say is theres a time and place for something and in the case of MLP its no different. Im just giving some friendly advice, just as I do to the other haters which is keep your opinions among yourselves. You have your own places, like this thread for example, to talk about it. Please do not try to force it among us.

We dont want to hear about how much you love MLP just as much as you dont want to hear about how much we hate MLP.

If in doubt then set it on fire because fire is A if not THE answer and solution to absolutely everything.
-- Corey Griffin 2008
</thread></head></body></html>

ToastedToastyToast
ToastedToastyToast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-17 21:14:35

If we all get along, we would get along. Thats not the point I made. The point I made was "If we all TRIED to get along, then we would be able to get along".
If that is what you have been trying to do since the thread began then good. Youre on my side.
It would be nice if you could go into the Clubs & Crews. But if they wont let you then theres not much that can be done. Atleast you have this thread.
If you acknowledge that the "Majority of you" try to stay to the thread, then you should be able to easily acknowledge that the majority of you doesnt cover all the MLP fans, it doesnt even cover all of the contributors of this thread. Those are the people this is aimed at.
And no. I was not talking to a child. Just trying to make my point as clear as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

If in doubt then set it on fire because fire is A if not THE answer and solution to absolutely everything.
-- Corey Griffin 2008
</thread></head></body></html>

ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-17 21:24:27

At 9/17/11 09:14 PM, ToastedToastyToast wrote: If we all get along, we would get along. Thats not the point I made. The point I made was "If we all TRIED to get along, then we would be able to get along".

You see, therein lies the problem. The world is a place of conflicting ideals, most people won't get along even if it's mutually beneficial if they do so.

If that is what you have been trying to do since the thread began then good. Youre on my side.

I am on everyone's side. My position reflects our common interests.

It would be nice if you could go into the Clubs & Crews. But if they wont let you then theres not much that can be done. Atleast you have this thread.

It's nice to know that you can sympathize with us,

If you acknowledge that the "Majority of you" try to stay to the thread, then you should be able to easily acknowledge that the majority of you doesnt cover all the MLP fans, it doesnt even cover all of the contributors of this thread. Those are the people this is aimed at.

There's nothing I can do about the MLP fans in general. If they are so inclined to spam images because they find it funny, they will do so. What this thread and it's contributors have been trying to accomplish is establish a legitimate community for the fandom. We have to provide an example.

And no. I was not talking to a child. Just trying to make my point as clear as possible.

Alright, but avoid condescending language next time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Feeling's mutual.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-17 21:27:54

Wonder what songs and Derpy/Luna cameos we can expect to see this season. Also looking forward to seeing remixes of those songs as well.

as for haters and people who enjoy the show...

In my opinion I feel we do pretty well keeping it to this thread and an occasional picture here and there as long as it is relevant. The new threads only seem to come from people who hate the show, that's great they can have the opinion and such but no need to make a thread about it because it won't end well (mostly because people enjoy the show will possibly be dicks to them). Keep the discussion to this thread and I feel pretty happy about it.

still kind of wish the stores would have Derpy and Luna figures though, they got a Celestia figure so why not Luna/Nightmare Moon and Derpy?

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-17 21:30:43

At 9/17/11 09:27 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Wonder what songs and Derpy/Luna cameos we can expect to see this season. Also looking forward to seeing remixes of those songs as well.

I am hoping hard that Luna will live up to the fanon's expectations of her. She's probably the most popular non-mane 6 pony.

You can tell by my sig.

still kind of wish the stores would have Derpy and Luna figures though, they got a Celestia figure so why not Luna/Nightmare Moon and Derpy?

Give us you Luna figures. We demand it.

Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 02:49:31

Great first episode. I freaking love Discord and knowing that his actor also played 'Q' from Star Trek (not that I watch it) just adds to his epicness. However, I was pretty bummed that Luna was only mentioned in the episode and not actually seen. Lauren Faust has actually said the reason she's not in the series is because the EI standards don't allow for it. Since Luna is associated with shadow and night, the folks at Hasbro decided that she dealt with subjects that were 'too grown-up' for little girls.

Eh. Just something I found interesting. Anyways, can't wait for next week's episode.

(By the way... was I the only one whose mouth dropped when Fluttershy... you know.)

BBS Signature
Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 03:14:03

Please excuse double post... I just found out something that's AWESOME.

Apparently, Luna IS going to be in Season 2. Faust confirmed it!

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 03:35:49

At 9/17/11 08:37 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Just saw the new episode. Good stuff. I admit hearing Pinkie say "Chocolate Rain" made me laugh a bit.

Holy shit... i thought the exact same thing!!! As soon as i knew it was Chocolate rain, i heard the voice in my head... hahahaha...

It's a great way to start the new season. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do in the next one.

Same here!!! Discord is quite the BAMF. Also... Bitchy Fluttershy is a boss...

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 09:21:52

At 9/18/11 03:14 AM, Morph94 wrote: Please excuse double post... I just found out something that's AWESOME.

I think the fact that they actually said Luna's name a few times in the new episode helps to confirm this as well. It will be interesting to see how she is used.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 09:46:42

At 9/18/11 09:38 AM, Xyphon202 wrote: It was a decent episode. Waiting for episode 3 really though.

Same here. I'm enjoying this new villain Discord though.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 10:57:09

At 9/18/11 09:21 AM, Outlaw88 wrote:
At 9/18/11 03:14 AM, Morph94 wrote: Please excuse double post... I just found out something that's AWESOME.

I think the fact that they actually said Luna's name a few times in the new episode helps to confirm this as well. It will be interesting to see how she is used.

Indeed although she will likely appear when a bit older subject matter is brought up possibly anyways. As for other background ponies I await to see some Ditzy/Dinky Doo cameos and possibly the return of Trixie wit ha bit of an attitude change at least.

Do have to like how they made season 2 episode 1 a cliff hanger though, gives you something to look forward to next weekend.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 12:11:11

At 9/18/11 12:09 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: It's nice to know that an MLP:FiM submission made runner up on a Cracked photoplasty page.

I would love to see that in the actual show.

It's #16 of 16 displayed submissions, but still.

Was going to link but didn't think anyone would want to see it. On the other hand it explains why no one ever sees crap on the ground in the background.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 13:26:23

Anyone else notice that Discord's left wing kind of looks like Rainbow Dash's wings a bit?

BBS Signature
Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 14:04:09

At 9/18/11 06:54 AM, Racoonmario wrote:

happy_luna.gif

Adorable!

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 16:58:19

What if Harmony is a character? Discord is a character, let's say he is the "elements of discord" unified in one entity (which might explain his different parts as well), while the elements of harmony are currently split into the mane six.
It also reads "The Return of Harmony". Could be that the mane six restore harmony to Equestria. Could also be that Harmony in person shows up.
Harmony is also the creator of Celestia and Luna.
Okay now I'm pulling your leg.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 17:02:15

At 9/18/11 04:58 PM, Racoonmario wrote: What if Harmony is a character?

Better question: what if Harmony was a robot?

Pony Rangers.
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 17:03:48

At 9/18/11 05:02 PM, Ryan wrote:

Pony Rangers.

Oh ryan :P

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 17:05:55

Pony Rangers.

What if Soylent Green was people?

Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 17:10:44

At 9/18/11 05:05 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:

Pony Rangers.
What if Soylent Green was people?

What if glue was ponies?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 19:31:52

Ashens inadvertently made a MLP: FiM reference in his new video about knockoff mlp toys.

Hints:

It has to do with pinkie pie.
He's not aware of it.
It's some time before 5:00.
He's not holding a pony while saying it.

First one to get it right wins nothing.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 19:37:33

At 9/18/11 07:31 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: First one to get it right wins nothing.

Inb4 Gummy.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 19:40:11

At 9/18/11 07:37 PM, Ryan wrote:
At 9/18/11 07:31 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: First one to get it right wins nothing.
Inb4 Gummy.

Wonder what Gummy and Rarity's cats shall be doing this season along with Applejack's dog.

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 19:42:28

Inb4 Gummy.

Great.

Now post what time to prove you're not cheating.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 19:43:59

At 9/18/11 07:42 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote:
Inb4 Gummy.
Great.

The time he said the word gummy.

talmy
talmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 20:19:36

at 3:35

I'm a soldier, and that means I'm both defendant and judge
I am standing on the two ends of fire Bending over the steep turns, overtaking death and life...

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 20:23:37

At 9/18/11 08:19 PM, talmy wrote:

at 3:35

You win!

Here's a pic of your prize.

BBS Signature
talmy
talmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-18 20:28:07

At 9/18/11 08:23 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote:
Here's a pic of your prize.

It's everything I've always wanted. :'D

I'm a soldier, and that means I'm both defendant and judge
I am standing on the two ends of fire Bending over the steep turns, overtaking death and life...

Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-19 02:41:06

I just thought of something that would be totally boss!

What if in the second half, Discord sings his own version of the My Little Pony theme song, changed to match the mane six's new personalities?

"Protecting Cloudsdale"
"No more fun"
"A beautiful rock"
"Lying aint' wrong"
"Spreading cruelty"
"It's an easy thing, to break the elements of Harmony, oh My Little Ponies, do you know you'll never be best friends again?"

Just a thought.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-19 17:22:44

I find it odd that older males enjoy the joy My little ponie since it is aimed for more strictly to younger feminine demographic but The plots written for the show are good I admit though I find the Darker themes of the 80s original to be more acceptable with it's traditional animation

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-09-19 18:09:35

What did other people think of the first episode of the second season? I think its pretty similar to the pilot of the first season, which isnt really surprising.
I think it will be epic again once the 2nd season psuedo-pilot is over and it goes back to doing it like it how it did after the original pilot was over.