• 1,581 Replies
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 07:39 PM

At 8/1/11 07:35 PM, tox wrote: i have sent off a message to wade, it took a while.. but its off..
we await his responce

The suspense is already killing me. I hope it all works out.

At 8/1/11 07:37 PM, Bryan wrote:
Lo and behold, my shitty MS Paint skills, :)

Please do not get this thread locked. And i don't think this is where penicorns came from...

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 07:44 PM

At 8/1/11 07:39 PM, Finalfina wrote: The suspense is already killing me. I hope it all works out.

Knowing Wade probably won't reply anyway :(

Please do not get this thread locked. And i don't think this is where penicorns came from...

I agree, we have avoided posting pictures so someone else doing it will likely give mods some sort of stupid reason to lock it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 07:47 PM

At 8/1/11 07:44 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 8/1/11 07:39 PM, Finalfina wrote: The suspense is already killing me. I hope it all works out.
Knowing Wade probably won't reply anyway :(
I agree, we have avoided posting pictures so someone else doing it will likely give mods some sort of stupid reason to lock it.

i got him to change my name in the past.. and i made a good damed letter for him to go through easily
i think he will reply..
i may have to re-do the letter a few times but hay.. thats how strongly i stand for it

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 08:13 PM

At 8/1/11 07:47 PM, tox wrote: i got him to change my name in the past.. and i made a good damed letter for him to go through easily
i think he will reply..
i may have to re-do the letter a few times but hay.. thats how strongly i stand for it

My worry is just that re doing it might be seen as spamming him hehe :(
I never really had anything to PM him about other than some random spam account things so wouldnt know if he does or not, but guessing he problably gets hundreds of PMs all the time about random stuff so might over look it.

BBS Signature
Weeaboo
Weeaboo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 08:37 PM

At 8/1/11 08:13 PM, Ragnarokia wrote:
At 8/1/11 07:47 PM, tox wrote: i got him to change my name in the past.. and i made a good damed letter for him to go through easily
i think he will reply..
My worry is just that re doing it might be seen as spamming him hehe :(
I never really had anything to PM him about other than some random spam account things so wouldnt know if he does or not, but guessing he problably gets hundreds of PMs all the time about random stuff so might over look it.

Well, there is nothing more to do, rather than wait for wade for hit us with a PM. And wait the best of outcomes.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 08:44 PM

im going to try anyway

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 08:59 PM

I PM'ed Malachy about permission to make a Club or Crew for MLP and his response was this...

"You can post in the cartoon club if you really want but keep in mind that mindless pic spamming will continue to result in forum bans (ask Ryan how that's working for him)... you might wanna tell your friends not to send the same mod the exact same PM somebody else sent a week or two ago if you all plan on sending me a PM. Sorry, but it seems too many dumbasses pic spamming has made such a thread impossible in C&C as it would only result in wasting a whole lot of mods' time trying to take care of it (and of course we already have multiple omnibus TV or cartoon threads that will happily take your non spam replies."

So we should either post in the Cartoon Club or here.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 09:10 PM

I don't really understand why this fandom is so good. A few months back, i didn't care. Now look at me. I have fluttershy in my sig.

It has many good prospects to it like animation, voices, plot but it's for little girls and yet we are all watching with excited faces? This fandom probably has to be the most debated topic in 2011. I'm sure it has started wars all over the place. Already i have seen SO MUCH flaming on this discussion of mlp in the general forum.

I honestly can't figure out why this is so unique. But we should all at least enjoy it for as long as we can because we don't know how good season 2 will be. Will it keep the fans or will it be crushed?

MLP is also an example of a "good" cartoon. I havn't watched anything decent for a LOOONNGG time since toonami was eliminated. It makes me feel like a kid again.

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 10:56 PM

At 8/1/11 08:59 PM, The-Great-One wrote:

A blog doesn't really leave a lot of space for elaborating posts. In cartoon club people might get annoyed by ponies too eventually.

What might help is for bronies to move to community websites and keeping them off NG (although it's a bit unfair as other games/ TV and other items do get their own spot)

As I've always mentioned, NG is relativly picture-spam pony free unless some hater or troll comes along creating a hate thread. (not considering sigs or blogs, but they have total freedom)

Also, I hope people don't take statements on homosexuality too serious, cause you're not just insulting 'bronies' but also gays, seeing how you stereotype them and play them off as a bad thing.

Similarly, allegations of paedophilia and bestiality are equally as preposterous.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 11:00 PM

At 8/1/11 10:56 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: What might help is for bronies to move to community websites and keeping them off NG (although it's a bit unfair as other games/ TV and other items do get their own spot)

There is no other choice. The only way would be to cut down on the picture spamming and even that is questionable since that rule will be quickly broken and moderators don't feel like wasting time cleaning it up.

BBS Signature
Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 11:50 PM

You know what I've noticed? Most of the people that identify themselves as bronies have either ponies in their sig, or as their sig. What's up with that? It seems that although the term "brony" is often used lightly, even by the community, it means a lot more to many people in their subconscious mind. There are few bronies that have anything else is their sig other than ponies. Does this mean average people lost interest in all of their other hobbies, or did the pony phenomena just take priority?

Now, I will make a conclusion in which you may agree or may not agree. By becoming a brony, that becomes the single most important part of your entertainment life. You subconsciously prefer things with ponies in them than to things without. Because of this, when you have a choice of whether or not to add ponies into something, you gravitate to adding ponies because your subconscious is telling you so.

This is a form of addiction. It's like a hard drug that not many people that try it like it, but when they like it, the hammer comes down heavy. It's time for rehabilitation, guys, and the only way to cure this addiction, is to force yourself to be entertained by things that do not have ponies in them. I know it might be tough, because you've relied on ponies for laughs for so long, but you need to stop before it kills a part of you. You need to stop before you become apathetic to all things without ponies.

Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:01 AM

I dunno dyathdrin you did get my name pretty laughably wrong.

Anyway, I should point out to you:

At 8/1/11 11:55 PM, daethdrain wrote: Ponying (v) -trolling trolls with ponies.
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

At 8/2/11 12:01 AM, Yrtnej wrote: I dunno dyathdrin you did get my name pretty laughably wrong.

Anyway, I should point out to you:

At 8/1/11 11:55 PM, daethdrain wrote: Ponying (v) -trolling trolls with ponies.

Hahahaha... That's an inside joke between a couple of us bronies...

To Ytrnej, the furthest i would go to being "Obsessed" or "Addicted" to MLP is changing my sig to it. I enjoy the show and talking about it with the other bronies, but i would never thoroughly surround myself with MLP products... I think you kinda blew stuff out of proportion with your statement. Kinda like Spazkid's Flash. (But that was pretty funny though)

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
hateyou1
hateyou1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:17 AM

Oh come on you dummies, didn't your parents tell you that Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist? GROW UP ALREADY! MLP is a fad that died over 10 years ago, so why are you resurrecting a dead fad that my dad himself has killed? If I have to, I myself will stop this fad. Unlike all the other dummies, I can see through this allusion. The fad doesn't want you to believe that it is a fad, but just look through it for a second and you already know it's a fad.

dummies gonna be dummies
FlyingNinjaBannanas
FlyingNinjaBannanas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:39 AM

At 8/2/11 12:17 AM, hateyou1 wrote:

:-snip-

What the hell are you talking about and what does it have to do with this thread?

On-Topic: I would never buy MLP merchandise. It just looks wrong.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:42 AM

It's a band in a wagon being pulled by a pony.

MLP serious discussion thread

Yrtnej
Yrtnej
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:06 AM

At 8/2/11 12:36 AM, daethdrain wrote: Sorry yrten it's just my thing, I always spell users name wrong on purpose no offense lol.

Finalfina I would buy mlp products,

Wait, back the fuck up.

Finalfina

You're such a shit faced liar, dehtdrna.

Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:35 AM

4chan.org

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:04 AM

At 8/1/11 08:59 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I PM'ed Malachy about permission to make a Club or Crew for MLP and his response was this...

Nope, basicly Mods are being ignorant and selfish and really don't care about the fact people actually like the show. All they seem to think is that it will be a meme storm. Which is frankly pathetic for someone who is meant to moderate.
Also no, we can't go to club and crews, as a lot of people in that club don't like us talking about ponies, I've tried that place, many people do like ponies, but also many people don't. Posting something in a club that quite clearly shouldnt be there as it annoys others who like the club is surely what moderators should be AGAINST, not for. But again, they are clearly lacking in their duty there as they just can't be bothered. It's a sad thing when that is their response to everything. Make more people annoyed.

At 8/1/11 11:00 PM, The-Great-One wrote: There is no other choice. The only way would be to cut down on the picture spamming and even that is questionable since that rule will be quickly broken and moderators don't feel like wasting time cleaning it up.

Correction they can't be arsed to moderate correctly. As far as they see it its just something to remove and be done with rather than anything to learn to tolerate. Again it is very sad that is how club and crews is now moderated.

At 8/2/11 01:35 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: 4chan.org

Again, people seem to be blatantly unaware ponychan exists and just go with 4chan as they can't be arsed to do a little bit of research. Also added to this, I don't want to have to use another website to talk about what I like if others dont need to for what THEY like.

At 8/1/11 11:50 PM, Yrtnej wrote: You know what I've noticed? Most of the people that identify themselves as bronies have either ponies in their sig, or as their sig. What's up with that? It seems that although the term "brony" is often used lightly, even by the community, it means a lot more to many people in their subconscious mind. There are few bronies that have anything else is their sig other than ponies. Does this mean average people lost interest in all of their other hobbies, or did the pony phenomena just take priority?

I like how most bronies have a pony in their signature, it helps make it easier to spot people with that similar interest to me which makes me pay more attention to their post and check them out. It also shows that person is nice and willing to accept friendship of others and is a tolerant person. Basically its the sign of someone I would like to talk to.

Now, I will make a conclusion in which you may agree or may not agree. By becoming a brony, that becomes the single most important part of your entertainment life. You subconsciously prefer things with ponies in them than to things without. Because of this, when you have a choice of whether or not to add ponies into something, you gravitate to adding ponies because your subconscious is telling you so.

I have the option of adding Sonic to anything as I enjoy ASOTH, which I commonly do to threads which is overlooked since it isn't ponies. I also have the option of adding pictures of guys cuddling and kissing from Yaoi, which again is overlooked since it's not ponies. I play games that you kill people I talk about,in which is overlooked as it isn't ponies. I watch dramas I talk about, which are overlooked as it isn't ponies.

This is a form of addiction. It's like a hard drug that not many people that try it like it, but when they like it, the hammer comes down heavy. It's time for rehabilitation, guys, and the only way to cure this addiction, is to force yourself to be entertained by things that do not have ponies in them. I know it might be tough, because you've relied on ponies for laughs for so long, but you need to stop before it kills a part of you. You need to stop before you become apathetic to all things without ponies.

It might shock you but I don't watch ponies 24/7, in fact many days all the pony I see is my desktop picture and the ones in my profiles, and whatever hate thread is suddenly flying around. Again the fact we do other stuff is completely overlooked on the basis it isn't ponies so people ignore it until it is ponies then say "ah see ponies told you".

Oh and about merchandise, funny thing is there is a lack of merchandise for this show compared to what you would expect from a my little pony show. Yes there are toys and cuddly toys etc which I personally would like to get, but there aren't as many as you would originally think. You just have to come to the realization that the show really wasn't made just to get money from toys. It actually was made for the characters and entertainment and friendship etc as well unlike quite a lot of shows out there.
Personally I have tried looking, locally there isn't a single pony sold in nearby towns. Looked online theres the basic MLP toys and thats about it, hell even the shirts are all or almost all fan made. When the merchandise you find is fan-made as they don't officially make it themselves, that's when you know they really aren't just doing it to get money from people.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:17 AM

At 8/1/11 11:50 PM, Yrtnej wrote:

Being a bronie means great ballance in ones life.. I can laugh at and love the show... if a zelot can only love they are fanatical and should be helped to ballance their life...

Most of the bronies put a pony or make their sig out of a pony to be able to lavle ourselves as a pony...
its good to see the great one just changed his...
But its a way for us to band together and love and share with each other..

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:21 AM

At 8/2/11 03:17 AM, tox wrote: Being a bronie means great ballance in ones life.. I can laugh at and love the show... if a zelot can only love they are fanatical and should be helped to ballance their life...

This is kind of a important thing to mention to those who keep going on about us becoming a religion or other things equally silly. If we followed it as a religion then we wouldn't join in with GOOD jokes against it etc. Frankly we can laugh at anti pony stuff, take that new flash etc. What people fail to do though is ever do anything GOOD thats against the show, its always the same stupid things. If people really want to say stuff against the show and want us to join in with the humor put a bit of effort into making it actually good. Rather than just "show sucks" 24/7. Try be a little bit inventive with things.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:27 AM

At 8/2/11 03:17 AM, tox wrote: its good to see the great one just changed his...

Thought about it for a good while and decided why the hell not, but nothing too drastic of a change since I like my original sig. I did the same thing with my Profile Banner.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:29 AM

To be frank i actually like seeing the peoplebthst take a stand against us though.. BUT they have to make a decent idea... band wagon posting is lame and kind of easy to passby so easily these days that I never really look at the post unless I see a pony in the sig or its a high level...
the people that want to stand against us usually fall and more people join us because the show is worth it...
Tollerance and love and ballance are. He characteristics of the show and what falls out into the fanbase and that is something that is truly awesome to watch and see..
and then you get the idiots that troll pics of pony related material.. it shows that they have just not taken a stand againt the injustice that is at their feet.. I remember when I was spamming pics ya, but now that I know what I believe in its something more, ponies may be the mask but its the ideas behind it that make the person/man

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:31 AM

Whoa, forgot about this place!

I found a wireless rainbow dash mose at a pawn shop just out-side of town, its about 40 dollars, i might get it tomorow.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
I'm bringing back profile porn, so go look at it and fap and stuff

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:47 AM

At 8/2/11 03:27 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 8/2/11 03:17 AM, tox wrote: its good to see the great one just changed his...
Thought about it for a good while and decided why the hell not, but nothing too drastic of a change since I like my original sig. I did the same thing with my Profile Banner.

I forgot to mention...
Welcome to the big boys club The-Great-One

MLP serious discussion thread

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:58 AM

At 8/1/11 02:05 AM, yos2 wrote: on to the topic:
why do you think the love for this show is so intense?

I would say due to the nature of the show in itself makes people more vocal about it, I guess. I honestly can't put a finger on it myself either, maybe it's just because a fairly large amount of the fans are rather vocal, and well, tell everyone and can't control their love for the show? I don't really know, it is quite the oddity though.

At 8/1/11 08:59 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
I PM'ed Malachy about permission to make a Club or Crew for MLP and his response was this...

I think this is silly, as others have stated, there are crews for other tv shows, and things like bands, stuff like that. It seems that as Ragnarokia said, the mods refuse to believe that it's anything other than a meme, which is complete bullshit since there are people like me, who legitimately like the show.

I don't really even see the problem. If there were an MLP crew, all of the "bronies" would post about MLP there, and then that alone would kill MLP threads in places like general, which usually turn to cesspools of hate, and trolling anyway, I'm surprised this one hasn't. Why do they think all we'll do is spout meme shit, and spam pictures? They could at least give it a chance, it can't be hard to lock a thread.

Anyway, that's my view at least. It seems that there are plenty of smart people here who would want to seriously discuss the show in a non-retarded manner, like myself.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:01 AM

At 8/2/11 03:29 AM, tox wrote: I remember when I was spamming pics ya, but now that I know what I believe in its something more, ponies may be the mask but its the ideas behind it that make the person/man

Same, sadly many people see it as I was spamming the pictures thus I only loved the meme of it or something. People clearly missing the fact I have been picture posting for years, take Sonic pictures for example must have posted hundreds of those over the years yet never hear anything about them. It's just that as soon as you post one image of a pony suddenly no one likes the show, a very sad way of thinking there.
I have actually had to go against my normal style of posting lately, I enjoy posting pictures, however if I ever post a pony picture suddenly people get on my flank about it and start complaining, so having to post in a way giving myself less enjoyment just to appease other people who can't tolerate the fact you have an "include picture" option.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:04 AM

At 8/2/11 04:01 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: Same, sadly many people see it as I was spamming the pictures thus I only loved the meme of it or something.

like you think of me :P

But realy though, i honestly love the show and its contents, i dont know why you still dislike me or whatever.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
I'm bringing back profile porn, so go look at it and fap and stuff

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:09 AM

I know exactly what you mean rag, I have army of pics that I could post on my external drive at home..
But as soon as a pony hits the fan.. rage rage rage..
At the same time of changing posting styles though its good to see many of us contributing to the discussion of the thread and ideas behind it though...
it also strengthens the ideas and pillar suppors behind it to have over 4 pages of heavy discussion relating to pony things and not really one single picture..
I sort of like the fact that peeple arebllaving us alone though.. and we can show them that we are serious about this,
oh I loved how you used" flank" in your post, made me chuckle <D

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:12 AM

At 8/2/11 03:58 AM, Viri wrote: the mods refuse to believe that it's anything other than a meme

Maybe because everyone feels the need to put it in their sigs, post pictures from it, and just talk about it nonstop. People can like a show, but why does everyone feel the need to flaunt their love for this one? Also because it seems ridiculous that anyone who isn't my 8 year old sister would like it... and she doesn't even like it anymore. She watched it when she was 5 and now she probably thinks it's stupid. It's not a show made for people our age or even our gender and if people really enjoy it, they are very... unique people. I decided to watch some of it because of this shit floating around and it was just like all the other stupid tv shows made for children that I've seen. Why doesn't anyone that likes MLP like any other shows like it?

There also aren't any clubs for tv shows on here that I have seen. TV show threads are usually just a thread in the General forum.

It is a meme. I don't believe the people who say they enjoy it. Especially when they have a sig with ponies and another meme in it. "Haters Gonna Hate". It was also primarily spread on 4chan.