Be a Supporter!

MLP serious discussion thread

  • 79,762 Views
  • 1,561 Replies
New Topic
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 15:21:27

Man, you were spot on about the slumber party one.

MLP serious discussion thread


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 46
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 16:53:50

At 3:27 of episode 2 Rainbow Dash is missing her tail.

lol

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 17:09:33

At 8/26/11 04:53 PM, SCTE3 wrote: At 3:27 of episode 2 Rainbow Dash is missing her tail.
lol

I checked and ho-leee sheeeeit.

MLP serious discussion thread


In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 18:37:03

At 8/26/11 05:09 PM, Racoonmario wrote:
At 8/26/11 04:53 PM, SCTE3 wrote: At 3:27 of episode 2 Rainbow Dash is missing her tail.
lol
I checked and ho-leee sheeeeit.

Pinkie's head disappears for a few seconds when Spike tells her and Twilight that he has a crush on Rarity in "Green Isn't Your Color". She also missing an ear when she falls over near the end of episode 2.


Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 19:05:04

At 8/26/11 06:37 PM, Eddmario wrote:
At 8/26/11 05:09 PM, Racoonmario wrote:
At 8/26/11 04:53 PM, SCTE3 wrote: At 3:27 of episode 2 Rainbow Dash is missing her tail.
lol
I checked and ho-leee sheeeeit.
Pinkie's head disappears for a few seconds when Spike tells her and Twilight that he has a crush on Rarity in "Green Isn't Your Color". She also missing an ear when she falls over near the end of episode 2.

Slight errors in the animation. I have spotted several of them as well but i can't blame them. They have to put so much detail into those animations. Why do you think it looks so smooth? It's because of all that stuff they put in. The way how the hair bounces when they move, the expressions, the movement.

It is so easy to forget little things like that when animating. I can't blame em.


My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 19:07:32

At 8/26/11 07:05 PM, coleknows wrote:
It is so easy to forget little things like that when animating. I can't blame em.

better having a smooth animation with most errors being in the backround and unoticeable compared too a choppy animation with no errors


"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - John Milton

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 46
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 19:08:59

At 8/26/11 07:05 PM, coleknows wrote:
It is so easy to forget little things like that when animating. I can't blame em.

I know but its still fun to find small mistakes in this show I guess. Mostly because you watch the same clip a few times and go "hey, I did not notice that the first time", and such.


Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 20:17:09

Whoa, i never noticed them....

I should've payed more attention :U


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 20:19:43

At 8/26/11 07:08 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/26/11 07:05 PM, coleknows wrote:
It is so easy to forget little things like that when animating. I can't blame em.
I know but its still fun to find small mistakes in this show I guess. Mostly because you watch the same clip a few times and go "hey, I did not notice that the first time", and such.

I frequently read the comments before watching the actual episode so I usually know the some of the more prominent errors in advance. My personal favorite is in episode 26 where Rarity is asking a group of male ponies if they can assist her, but suddenly one of their heads goes completely concave and the scene proceeds as if nothing happened.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 20:21:52

At 8/26/11 08:19 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Rarity is asking a group of male ponies if they can assist her

Need i say anything?

lol, but no, seriously, i cant say i saw that either.

I think in the first episode, when pinkie pie flips out from meeting twilight sparkle, her hind legs completely disapear


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
Acronze
Acronze
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 20:41:08

At 8/26/11 08:21 PM, Xenomit wrote:
I think in the first episode, when pinkie pie flips out from meeting twilight sparkle, her hind legs completely disapear

During the winter wrap up song, Miss Cheerilee is shown pulling a cart with one of her back legs missing.


Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 21:23:17

Maybe this thread should be, "The official mlp errors thread", lol.


My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 21:24:56

At 8/26/11 12:39 PM, Finalfina wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:31 PM, Suprememessage wrote: This show is growing on me, no, what am I saying, I must resist, I watched seven episodes... tempted.. to watch more... but most not....
It's a good thing. Don't worry. Just embrace it. Here, i poured you a glass of Kool Aid. My own mixture.

It better not have your semen in it, if it doesn't, I guess I'm a brony now.


Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 21:27:24

At 8/26/11 09:24 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:39 PM, Finalfina wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:31 PM, Suprememessage wrote: This show is growing on me, no, what am I saying, I must resist, I watched seven episodes... tempted.. to watch more... but most not....
It's a good thing. Don't worry. Just embrace it. Here, i poured you a glass of Kool Aid. My own mixture.
It better not have your semen in it, if it doesn't, I guess I'm a brony now.

He's not the one you have to worry about. A certain Fab '10 user would be more inclined to tarnish our attempt at constructing a legitimate fanbase....

You're going on Drakes's List for the Final Solution I hope you know.

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 21:54:32

At 8/26/11 09:27 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
At 8/26/11 09:24 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:39 PM, Finalfina wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:31 PM, Suprememessage wrote: This show is growing on me, no, what am I saying, I must resist, I watched seven episodes... tempted.. to watch more... but most not....
It's a good thing. Don't worry. Just embrace it. Here, i poured you a glass of Kool Aid. My own mixture.
It better not have your semen in it, if it doesn't, I guess I'm a brony now.
He's not the one you have to worry about. A certain Fab '10 user would be more inclined to tarnish our attempt at constructing a legitimate fanbase....

You're going on Drakes's List for the Final Solution I hope you know.

Drake's list for what? I don't understand. What is this :List for the final solution"

I am not sure what you are talking about... I'm confused...


Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 22:02:53

newgrounds, just save yourself the wrestling and just chance your name to bronyville or bronygrounds


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 46
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 22:07:09

At 8/26/11 10:03 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: A lot of you have probably seen this, but I was browsing the MLP:FiM page on Tvtropes and I found this. Well done I must say. I watched a few of the other videos like this, I hope people make more.

Yea, I find those interesting anyways. Ponies Anthology was pretty nice.


Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 22:13:37

At 8/26/11 09:54 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 8/26/11 09:27 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
At 8/26/11 09:24 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:39 PM, Finalfina wrote:
At 8/26/11 12:31 PM, Suprememessage wrote:
Drake's list for what? I don't understand. What is this :List for the final solution"

I am not sure what you are talking about... I'm confused...

Oh you'll learn soon enough.... When the camps are established.

At 8/26/11 10:07 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/26/11 10:03 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: A lot of you have probably seen this, but I was browsing the MLP:FiM page on Tvtropes and I found this. Well done I must say. I watched a few of the other videos like this, I hope people make more.
Yea, I find those interesting anyways. Ponies Anthology was pretty nice.

Truth be told, I was really late to the MLP:FiM game. I hadn't really heard of it, except through one friend who made a passing reference to it every so often. On a whim I decided to view PONIES the Anthology, just for shits you know? I mean there was no way I was going to enjoy a show for little kids, I've been a jaded child all my life with very little mirth at all.

PONIE the Anthology really made me want to see the show. Just for like a passing glance, just to see the scenes and the context right? By the end of the first episode I was pretty enamored with the whole thing. It brought back a sense of nostalgia and hope for the modern-cartoon era. By the second episode I figure I'd watch the whole series, I mean why the hell not? It was only like 26 episodes and I had a lot of free time.

24 episodes later I was a full fledged brony.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 46
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 22:21:15

At 8/26/11 10:13 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
24 episodes later I was a full fledged brony.

Season 1 watched twice and awaiting season 2 and I am not calling myself a brony.


Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 22:22:28

At 8/26/11 10:21 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/26/11 10:13 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
24 episodes later I was a full fledged brony.
Season 1 watched twice and awaiting season 2 and I am not calling myself a brony.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-26 23:16:03

At 8/26/11 10:03 PM, Rhinocerider wrote: A lot of you have probably seen this, but I was browsing the MLP:FiM page on Tvtropes and I found this. Well done I must say. I watched a few of the other videos like this, I hope people make more.

That was hilarious.


Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:22:47

Guys I hate to do a crossover but this just bewildered me to no end.


How did that fucker know?

MLP serious discussion thread

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:24:27

At 8/27/11 12:22 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Guys I hate to do a crossover but this just bewildered me to no end.


How did that fucker know?

why does nyx have a picture, but rainbow dash doesnt?


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:26:04

At 8/27/11 12:24 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 8/27/11 12:22 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Guys I hate to do a crossover but this just bewildered me to no end.


How did that fucker know?
why does nyx have a picture, but rainbow dash doesnt?

Rainbow Dash does have a picture.

coleknows
coleknows
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:26:28

At 8/26/11 10:21 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 8/26/11 10:13 PM, ImaSmartass2 wrote:
24 episodes later I was a full fledged brony.
Season 1 watched twice and awaiting season 2 and I am not calling myself a brony.

Wow, you are one tough guy. You like them but you can't admit calling yourself brony? Confusing...


My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:27:22

At 8/27/11 12:26 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Rainbow Dash does have a picture.

Realy?

i'll have to try again...


WINNER OF NGBBS ATTENTION WHORE 4 YEARS CONSECUTIVE. FUCK WITH ME.

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:29:37

At 8/27/11 12:22 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Guys I hate to do a crossover but this just bewildered me to no end.


How did that fucker know?

Ima try that with colgate. Lets see him try that one >:P


My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:31:44

At 8/27/11 12:29 AM, coleknows wrote:
At 8/27/11 12:22 AM, ImaSmartass2 wrote: Guys I hate to do a crossover but this just bewildered me to no end.


How did that fucker know?
Ima try that with colgate. Lets see him try that one >:P

His knowledge of Fan-fiction isn't absolute, but it's really fucking impressive for a program.

coleknows
coleknows
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 00:39:49

Ima try that with colgate. Lets see him try that one >:P
His knowledge of Fan-fiction isn't absolute, but it's really fucking impressive for a program.

I know right? For an example, my dad wanted to try a character from and anime called Read Or Die tv. Or RODTV for short. And he got that right as well! Damn he is good.


My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-27 01:13:02

It truly is amazing to see how this show has swarmed the Internet. The question is though is that a good thing or a bad thing. Personally I do like the show for what it is and that it actually puts effort into it and doesn't talk down to its audience.

However the Internet turned it into a meme, there is no doubting this whatsoever, but there are still fans of the show who truly do appreciate the show for what its worth. It's starting to create more than what it is and that's where I believe things start getting awkward.

The reason being is there has been an influx of fan fiction and fan art. Now I have nothing against fan art, hell some of the most creative pieces of work can come from fan art and at times they can turn out really cool. However fan fiction takes a different route in my personal opinion, but if people like it then that's okay by me.

What I find strange though is that the show itself is harmless, but this Internet fanbase is creating a life of its own and that seems to be to be a bit creepy. I might be over exaggerating though, but when I see and hear people talk about buying the dolls and things to put on their desks and collecting them that's when I gotta ask where this Internet fanbase stands at the moment.

If this show dies down and the fad appeal wears off, who will forget about it and move on to the next fad and who will stay and still be a fan of the show?