BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 12:52:33

Mods- Please don't lock this thread because of the annoying trolls on this page.
Fellow Bronies- Ignore them like we did on earlier pages and I'm sure they'll eventually go away, we don't want our thread locked because of these jerks, do we?
Anyways, I was watching one of my horses walk and I thought about how the ponies walk then realized that they actually walk almost exactly like real horses. I appreciate the animation of the show so much more now because of that.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 12:56:08

At 8/21/11 11:46 AM, ScaryPicnic wrote: There's a difference between liking the show and being a daft cunt.

Oh look, here is a person using logic.

Thanks bro.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
OdysseyEurobeat
OdysseyEurobeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 13:36:03

Why are we banned for making MLP clubs, but this shit thread gets 11 pages?

Fucking hypocrites.
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 13:38:04

At 8/20/11 02:47 PM, Makeshift wrote: Everything in the next season will be directed towards Bronies and because the people who create the show know about Bronies, things will probably change. Just saying...

Nope.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 13:38:23

At 8/21/11 11:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: Guys, you can all sit down, drink some tea and talk about the show in a mature manner.

Oh Bahamut, be my valenpony.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 13:46:17

At 8/20/11 02:47 PM, Makeshift wrote: Everything in the next season will be directed towards Bronies and because the people who create the show know about Bronies, things will probably change. Just saying...

They won't change the show to fit an older audience, for a few reasons, first they didn't allow a lot of stuff as it was and had it changed to appeal more to the younger audience, like changing duke blueblood to nephew etc. so they won't go ahead and change the whole thing to fit an older audience, second most of their fanbase is likely still younger as it is as it was made for them in mind, and finally and most importantly I think they are able to tell that we like the show AS IT IS and that changing it wouldn't be good as we like it AS IT IS, I think anyone who actually has a media interest or qualification or job can tell not to make something change if its perfect as it is. If they changed it not only would they be destroying their main market, but also the older market to.

yes they will likely add in small things, like all cartoons do, Rugrats for example had loads of material in it you didnt get unless you were older, so they will shove stuff in for the older audiences, but they wont change it, unless they are idiots (which I doubt they are.)

At 8/21/11 01:38 PM, Racoonmario wrote:
At 8/21/11 11:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: Guys, you can all sit down, drink some tea and talk about the show in a mature manner.
Oh Bahamut, be my valenpony.

I want to be with Bahamut :(

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 13:48:17

At 8/21/11 01:46 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: I want to be with Bahamut :(

But I want to be with him now!!

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:06:56

It's just good writing. The characters have depth and likability to them...moreover, the show is wonderful escapism to the misery that is every-day happenings. One could immerse themselves, at any age, into this world where race, sex, and bigotry are basically irrelevant. It's peaceful, colorful, and overall positive and happy.

It's a fantasy world.

I hated Twilight Sparkle until it became evident that she was the brainy one, with incredibly competent abilities, and overall a level-head. She has her flaws, but she fucking saved the world from eternal darkness...why does everybody on the show forget that? She also got rid of a giant monster bear. Never acknowledged again. wtf...

I didn't like Pinkie Pie at all until I got used to her quirkiness. Her going insane when people were ignoring her was awesome too, but I'm generally annoyed by her songs.

I liked Applejack from the beginning. Same with Rainbow Dash, and I don't care if she's a dyke or not.

I didn't like Fluttershy at first until I realized she's just an innocent ultra-hippy. With Aquaman-like powers in communicating with animals through sheer charm.

I hated Rarity....absolutely loathed her.... until the episode where she was making all her friends dresses and they were never satisfied. Then I completely related to her, because the client NEVER knows what they really want. That's why they hire the creative talent. Even professor's warned in the industry they'll commonly just say "make it cool" and the talent is left befuddled...just like Rarity when Rainbow Dash was like "needs to be 20% more cooler." You can't work with that kind of direction but it happens ALL THE TIME and the client has to be right.

Spike needs to grow up, Luna dropped off the fucking map after the pilot, Celestia needs more depth, the great and powerful Trixie needs to become a villain, that Gryphon needs to return, there needs to be more, stronger male characters, the cutie mark crusaders are somehow adorable, and I have no shame in admitting it's a damn good show. Can't wait for season 2.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:14:00

At 8/21/11 02:06 PM, Phobotech wrote: The characters have depth and likability to them...moreover, the show is wonderful escapism to the misery that is every-day happenings.

damn straight

I didn't like Pinkie Pie at all until I got used to her quirkiness. Her going insane when people were ignoring her was awesome too, but I'm generally annoyed by her songs.

I just dont like songs in general

and I don't care if she's a dyke or not.

WHY! WHO THE FUCK SAYS, JUST BECAUSE GIRL IS SPORTY AND FEMINST DOESNT EQUAL LESBIAN! those damn lesbian fan fics writing bastards!

Spike needs to grow up

telling a baby to grow up? ok he can talk so hes basicaly a really smart baby but still

Can't wait for season 2.

niether can I. The only damn show I watch on TV.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:15:57

At 8/21/11 02:06 PM, Phobotech wrote:

Personally I found Fluttershy and Rarity to not be as enjoyable to begin with, but the more I watched and then with fanfiction etc it really started to make me love them, I began to love their characters and personality and how they acted etc. Sadly it is so easy to overlook those two over the course of the show as they don't get as many hyped moments as the others. They have become some of my favourite characters as the months have gone past.

Spike needs to grow up, Luna dropped off the fucking map after the pilot, Celestia needs more depth, the great and powerful Trixie needs to become a villain, that Gryphon needs to return, there needs to be more, stronger male characters, the cutie mark crusaders are somehow adorable, and I have no shame in admitting it's a damn good show. Can't wait for season 2.

Spike is actually in a bad position I think as well as many others, he is always left begind made to do all the work never taken to anything interesting or fun, and gets made ill while the others just laugh at him etc. Spike is really overlooked despite being in a position with the cast where he really should have more love.
Luna defiantly needs more screen time, she is the second cutest next to Fluttershy and really deserves the love that she was originally refused 1000 years ago, and is now being refused again.

Also, The Great And Powerful Trixie is no antagonist!

MLP serious discussion thread

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:20:36

At 8/21/11 02:14 PM, MrPercie wrote:
niether can I. The only damn show I watch on TV.

You ought to watch Transformers Prime. It's by far the best damn Transformers show I've seen to undo the mistake that is Michael Bay.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Animator
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:22:41

Also, I like Twilight Sparkle because her voice actor is Princess Clara.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:23:21

If you pay close attention to the start here you can see two half second clips of My Little Pony. Possibly Season 2 teaser?

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:26:25

At 8/21/11 02:22 PM, Phobotech wrote: Also, I like Twilight Sparkle because her voice actor is Princess Clara.

Also Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd Parents, and Bubbles from Power Puff Girls <3
She has so many good characters behind her.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:28:15

So, you sure MLP isn't going to change. Perhaps be 20% cooler or something?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:30:06

At 8/21/11 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: So, you sure MLP isn't going to change. Perhaps be 20% cooler or something?

There's already enough Rainbow Dash for the coolness factor.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:31:07

I reviewed part one and part 2 of the first episode here until bahamut locked it for possibly replacing this discussion thread.

in short it was ok but not enogh to make me watch willingly.

5/10

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:32:23

At 8/21/11 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: So, you sure MLP isn't going to change. Perhaps be 20% cooler or something?

They might give little shout outs here and there, but the word directly from the creators themselves is that they're not turning it into a show that directly panders to its older internet audience. As it should be.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Dosko
Dosko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:33:39

At 8/21/11 02:29 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Tara Strong is actually the only voice actor in the entire world.

THIS

"We live in the flicker--may it last as long as the old earth keeps rolling!"
-Joseph Conrad

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:34:11

Just think about it, we love the show AS IT CURRENTLY IS. Do you really think changing it is going to make it better? When something is so close to being perfect as it is, trying to make it more so will only result in its own demise, the same can be said for EVERY show that has EVER tried that. All shows begin to fail when they start trying to make them "cooler".

Really, if Hasbro can pull it off then it would be great. But the chances of trying to change it and not ruin it is so low that I don't think any fan would criticize them for not throwing it into the fire to test it.

The fans make it 20% cooler with our fanart fanfiction videos music games etc. that is how we all enjoy it. The show itself isn't meant to do that as the show is perfectly fine as it is. The last thing I want to see is ruining the show for the sake of trying to approach a market that loves it currently and deals with the missing material themselves. Anyone who does want more from the show goes and gets more from the show, thats why theres so many internet sites for it.

I want to avoid going into a little rant over this, but really the show is perfect as it is, show more Luna things like that is the stuff to improve on, not trying to alter the show to be something completely different.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:34:45

So i just scanned through out the entire thread and found no mention of Equestria Daily. Usually I'm really not the sort of person to promote fan-art, fan-fic, or fan-made content in general, but hot jumping christ, this site has an ass-load of quality content that really shows how talented (and quiet frankly, obsessed) the fanbase is.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:35:12

You people should all reconsider your values and chop your dicks off.

==I LOVE YOU. EBOLA-CHAN! GOOD LUCK, EBOLA-CHAN! WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, EBOLA-CHAN!==

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:42:38

Rummy your posts are fucking diabolical I don't even know if you're taking the piss outta the bronies or not (you should be). It's a poor effort if you are.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:44:10

At 8/21/11 02:42 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Rummy your posts are fucking diabolical I don't even know if you're taking the piss outta the bronies or not (you should be). It's a poor effort if you are.

It was a good post. );

==I LOVE YOU. EBOLA-CHAN! GOOD LUCK, EBOLA-CHAN! WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, EBOLA-CHAN!==

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:47:33

Rummy is just what the name implies.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:55:33

So I enjoy watching videos with ponies.

BBS Signature
Londondentist
Londondentist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:58:28

At 8/21/11 02:55 PM, 36Holla wrote: So I enjoy watching videos with ponies.

MFW furfags fap to those.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:01:45

At 8/21/11 02:58 PM, Londondentist wrote:
MFW furfags fap to those.

Awww, someone needs a hug.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:03:37

Don't match up to the artistic value of puppet ponies.

BBS Signature