• 1,581 Replies
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:22:41

Also, I like Twilight Sparkle because her voice actor is Princess Clara.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:23:21

If you pay close attention to the start here you can see two half second clips of My Little Pony. Possibly Season 2 teaser?

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:26:25

At 8/21/11 02:22 PM, Phobotech wrote: Also, I like Twilight Sparkle because her voice actor is Princess Clara.

Also Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd Parents, and Bubbles from Power Puff Girls <3
She has so many good characters behind her.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:28:15

So, you sure MLP isn't going to change. Perhaps be 20% cooler or something?

MLP serious discussion thread

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:30:06

At 8/21/11 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: So, you sure MLP isn't going to change. Perhaps be 20% cooler or something?

There's already enough Rainbow Dash for the coolness factor.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:31:07

I reviewed part one and part 2 of the first episode here until bahamut locked it for possibly replacing this discussion thread.

in short it was ok but not enogh to make me watch willingly.

5/10

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:32:23

At 8/21/11 02:28 PM, Makeshift wrote: So, you sure MLP isn't going to change. Perhaps be 20% cooler or something?

They might give little shout outs here and there, but the word directly from the creators themselves is that they're not turning it into a show that directly panders to its older internet audience. As it should be.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Dosko
Dosko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:33:39

At 8/21/11 02:29 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: Tara Strong is actually the only voice actor in the entire world.

THIS

"We live in the flicker--may it last as long as the old earth keeps rolling!"
-Joseph Conrad

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:34:11

Just think about it, we love the show AS IT CURRENTLY IS. Do you really think changing it is going to make it better? When something is so close to being perfect as it is, trying to make it more so will only result in its own demise, the same can be said for EVERY show that has EVER tried that. All shows begin to fail when they start trying to make them "cooler".

Really, if Hasbro can pull it off then it would be great. But the chances of trying to change it and not ruin it is so low that I don't think any fan would criticize them for not throwing it into the fire to test it.

The fans make it 20% cooler with our fanart fanfiction videos music games etc. that is how we all enjoy it. The show itself isn't meant to do that as the show is perfectly fine as it is. The last thing I want to see is ruining the show for the sake of trying to approach a market that loves it currently and deals with the missing material themselves. Anyone who does want more from the show goes and gets more from the show, thats why theres so many internet sites for it.

I want to avoid going into a little rant over this, but really the show is perfect as it is, show more Luna things like that is the stuff to improve on, not trying to alter the show to be something completely different.

BBS Signature
ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:34:45

So i just scanned through out the entire thread and found no mention of Equestria Daily. Usually I'm really not the sort of person to promote fan-art, fan-fic, or fan-made content in general, but hot jumping christ, this site has an ass-load of quality content that really shows how talented (and quiet frankly, obsessed) the fanbase is.

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:35:12

You people should all reconsider your values and chop your dicks off.

just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:42:38

Rummy your posts are fucking diabolical I don't even know if you're taking the piss outta the bronies or not (you should be). It's a poor effort if you are.

BBS Signature
Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:44:10

At 8/21/11 02:42 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: Rummy your posts are fucking diabolical I don't even know if you're taking the piss outta the bronies or not (you should be). It's a poor effort if you are.

It was a good post. );

just roll with it nerd

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:47:33

Rummy is just what the name implies.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:55:33

So I enjoy watching videos with ponies.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Londondentist
Londondentist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 14:58:28

At 8/21/11 02:55 PM, 36Holla wrote: So I enjoy watching videos with ponies.

MFW furfags fap to those.

MLP serious discussion thread

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:01:45

At 8/21/11 02:58 PM, Londondentist wrote:
MFW furfags fap to those.

Awww, someone needs a hug.

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:03:37

Don't match up to the artistic value of puppet ponies.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:15:51

These were fun, especially the pony bebop one didn't expect that one. Rainbow Dash gay one was amusing to.

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:18:59

I was wondering if someone was going to bring this thread back up. Anyone hear about the so called "copyright claims" on youtube?

Work of trolls if you ask me

My name is actually CK. Coleknows is too old.

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:21:03

hey guys, you still didn't answer question, what's going to happen if season 2 will suck?
ok you one guy said that the fan base will slowly desintigrate. but what kind of reactions will there be?

coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:24:39

At 8/21/11 03:21 PM, yos2 wrote: hey guys, you still didn't answer question, what's going to happen if season 2 will suck?
ok you one guy said that the fan base will slowly desintigrate. but what kind of reactions will there be?

Well, some people may still like any other mlp content (like toys, fanart, fanfics, etc.) but just dont like the second season. I still believe with that one person though that the fanbase would slowly disintigrate.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:29:43

At 8/21/11 03:18 PM, coleknows wrote: I was wondering if someone was going to bring this thread back up. Anyone hear about the so called "copyright claims" on youtube?

Work of trolls if you ask me

Havent heard of this, whats meant to be going on?
To be honest, Hasbro blatantly know of the youtube videos including the episodes themselves that are all up, a single search brings them up instantly. But Hasbro seem to realize that many fans can't watch it by other means and since theres no DVDs yet and they have such a large paying fanbase for their stuff they likely realize that shutting down videos wont be good for anyone. Sadly more companies need to realize this also.

At 8/21/11 03:24 PM, coleknows wrote:
At 8/21/11 03:21 PM, yos2 wrote: hey guys, you still didn't answer question, what's going to happen if season 2 will suck?
Well, some people may still like any other mlp content (like toys, fanart, fanfics, etc.) but just dont like the second season. I still believe with that one person though that the fanbase would slowly disintigrate.

Everything dies over time, and sadly MLP is no exception to that. So if the 2nd series was bad then people would still be loving the first series, which would eventually over the years start to loose it's appeal as everything is done lots of times and no new content is out for it. Some people who do love the show will still cling on to it forever, like fans of all shows that have ended do, but as a whole there would slowly become less fans until it became a cult classic show, the same as Red Dwarf etc which keep their fans but don't really gain more.

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:33:00

Everything dies over time, and sadly MLP is no exception to that. So if the 2nd series was bad then people would still be loving the first series, which would eventually over the years start to loose it's appeal as everything is done lots of times and no new content is out for it.

Well then, let us hope that won't happen. I love this show and i don't want it to have to go bad D:

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:35:42

At 8/21/11 03:33 PM, coleknows wrote:
Everything dies over time, and sadly MLP is no exception to that. So if the 2nd series was bad then people would still be loving the first series, which would eventually over the years start to loose it's appeal as everything is done lots of times and no new content is out for it.
Well then, let us hope that won't happen. I love this show and i don't want it to have to go bad D:

I am going to be one of those that clings to it forever, like I'm guessing many bronies would as well. Even without new content the characters are so loveable and the show is so sweet and the music and art and fiction etc is still good, so even when its old and worn down I can't see a reason not to lvoe it.

I would likely stop making fanfiction as much if it died down, and might eventually completely stop with it, and people would do less fanart and eventually none etc. But the show itself as long as the memories of it exist and the DVDs and internet forms of it exist will be loved for decades to come. Countless no longer airing shows still have huge fanbases afterall. So theres really no reason for this not to.

BBS Signature
Phobotech
Phobotech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:36:02

At 8/21/11 03:20 PM, ScaryPicnic wrote: I actually really liked the Team Fortress one.

Then you'll love this.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature
MrPlinkett
MrPlinkett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:45:03

I personally think the show i good and funny, but there is no need to argue over it.

ImaSmartass2
ImaSmartass2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:46:38

At 8/21/11 03:45 PM, I-Raped-You wrote: I personally think the show i good and funny, but there is no need to argue over it.

I agree with this man.

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 15:58:38

At 8/21/11 03:45 PM, I-Raped-You wrote: I personally think the show i good and funny, but there is no need to argue over it.

Pretty agreeable, if you don't like it then no need to post about it. No one is being asked or forced to post here.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
coleknows
coleknows
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread 2011-08-21 16:02:07

Course even if the show does lose interest, i still love the damn fan music that i have heard. Heck, if o wasn't brony, i would of never found this , this , or even this.

I know if i ever lose interest i am still gonna have those songs/remixes on my playlist.

BBS Signature