• 1,581 Replies
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM

At 8/5/11 04:39 AM, WeirdJamFace wrote: How many times have you guys watched the show? I've watched all the episodes 3 times now and I'm still not bored of the show. I can't pick a favourite episode either as there are too many contenders.

I know, but I would have to say Winter Wrap-Up or Feeling Pinkie Keen.

Btw, did anyone find the CMC episodes less enjoyable then the rest?

Yeah some I like others I don't so it's hit and miss for me, but overall they're all enjoyable.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 05:00 AM

At 8/5/11 04:39 AM, WeirdJamFace wrote: I can't pick a favourite episode either as there are too many contenders.

Hmm, to me probably Swarm of the Century. Pinkie has the best moments in there. Applebuck Season is also pretty high on my list.

Actually no. The worst episode in my opinion is the second one. Each pony gets to show off her element of harmony. But it's like really forced and feels so sappy. Nightmare Moon as a villain has potential, but the second episode does confirm her as a little girl's villain. Logical in the context of the show, but not so desirable to watch outside the target audience.

Anyone ever seen these parodies?
The perfect swarm
Read it and sleep
The voices are a bit monotone, but I like the humour.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 05:09 AM

At 8/5/11 04:39 AM, WeirdJamFace wrote: How many times have you guys watched the show? I've watched all the episodes 3 times now and I'm still not bored of the show. I can't pick a favourite episode either as there are too many contenders.

I have watched several episode smany times so far 5 or 6 maybe, some of them I have still only watched once but I have re watched a lot of them so far. It's always good when you pick up on things you didn't notice the first time. Like on the first episode Applebloom Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell cower next to each other when Nightmare Moon comes. Which originally didn't seem like anything but after all the CMC episodes it's nice seeing the three of them there.

No I loved the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They are sort of like Pinkie Pie with the attitude of the 3, even with Sweetie Bell being serious a lot of the time they still end up doing stupidly over the top things in their crusade. I also love how cute they are in general and how they react and reply to each other, it still has the same level of attitudes as the older ponies with how they see each other and act when one of them does something strange etc. I also think all of their characters work well especially when together.

At 8/5/11 03:14 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: It does kind of saddens me that party of one and stuff like cupcakes turn Pinkie into an icon of insanity and gae Pinkamena a violent undertone.
I did like the fact that she was being so stubborn, especially near the end, that she just jumped to crazy conclusions over the obvious and stuck with those.

You don't need to worry about the way Cupcakes and the like show her, as there is far more fiction and art made with her in the cute happy way than the darker way. Personally I love her darker side as I love characters who have multiple sides to their personality. But with that said I still don't put it in to episodes and the like, only to fanfiction. Just keep fan made things and the real thing apart and theres no problem with it. People who love shows will always try to find things that will make it more enjoyable for them, many people like the idea of Pinkie Pie having this insane side to her and by thinking of her like that they can enjoy the show more. So just believe whatever makes her more enjoyable for you, that's what they are doing to.
there's fun stuff made about it also.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 05:26 AM

At 8/5/11 05:09 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
there's fun stuff made about it also.

Oh there's a comic I haven't read. I like the angry look on Pinkie. (yeah, I did notice there were 2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the few people who read Cupcakes and found it a decent read. It's more the fact that I see a lot of people portraying Pinkie as criminally insane afterwards. I've read quite some freaky fanfics that desperately wants to copy cupcakes in some way, but don't really do it right.

Also these things.

Also, for Fluttershy fans...

BBS Signature
Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 05:53 AM

At 8/5/11 05:00 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: Anyone ever seen these parodies?
The perfect swarm
Read it and sleep

Personally, I prefer the "Mentally Advanced Version" to that one. Plus, FiMFlamFilosophy seems to be the only person who's sticking to their Abridged project, so it's nice knowing that he will be doing more episodes.

verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 06:02 AM

I've read the Cupcakes fanfiction and I thought it was garbage. It was over the top and out of character. It was all just details of gore.

Anyway I've made my own fanmade Pony Shrug pictures. I'm posting them here. I plan on making more.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 06:06 AM

At 8/5/11 12:39 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Is this thread proof enough to the moderators that we can have serious discussions about a show without picture spamming? Can we please have a Club in the Club and Crew Forum so those who don't like the show in General will stop complaining?

I would think it is, honestly. 10 pages, and pretty much no spamming, and not very inflammatory posts, I don't know why the mods don't realize allowing a MLP crew would benefit everyone.

At 8/5/11 04:39 AM, WeirdJamFace wrote: Btw, did anyone find the CMC episodes less enjoyable then the rest?

I kind of did. While I still kind of liked them, I didn't like the nearly as much as the rest of the season, though this may be because all three of them were pretty close together. It would've been nice if they could've spread them out a bit more, but I try not to complain too much.

While they're fairly enjoyable, they're not nearly as enjoyable as the rest. I actually would've rather seen more episodes focused on an individual member of the mane six rather than more CMC episodes. Like Applejack, she only got one episode, which I thought was kinda lame. Everyone else in the mane cast got at least two. Plus the CMC episodes are the ones that really make it feel like a kids show, not that I really mind that, but that feeling is still there. At least for me.

At 8/5/11 05:53 AM, Yhtomit wrote:
Personally, I prefer the "Mentally Advanced Version" to that one. Plus, FiMFlamFilosophy seems to be the only person who's sticking to their Abridged project, so it's nice knowing that he will be doing more episodes.

Episode 6 of that was so amazing.

make me a dackery!
At 8/5/11 06:02 AM, verycoolguy wrote:
I've read the Cupcakes fanfiction and I thought it was garbage. It was over the top and out of character. It was all just details of gore.

That's what I've heard, I personally have never read Cupcakes, funnily enough. It doesnt really sound appealing at all. I actually like some grim dark once in a while, but it's not something I really want to crossover with MLP. As far as just straight explicit gore, that's just dumb, in my opinion. It's not scary or anything, just unpleasant and unnecessary.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Acronze
Acronze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 06:14 AM

Do you guys read the fan made comics?

Madmax makes the best ones.

Although mother Derpy comics are great, too.

Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
GayHomophobe
GayHomophobe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 06:16 AM

At 8/5/11 06:02 AM, verycoolguy wrote: Anyway I've made my own fanmade Pony Shrug pictures. I'm posting them here. I plan on making more.

I like your Pikachu Shrug lol awesome

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 06:17 AM

At 8/5/11 05:53 AM, Yhtomit wrote:

Not a bad thing. I liked the Scottish Spike thing.
Although 2 defects did stand out: synching text with lips was off (you could see lips move a lot when their wasn't a spoken line, and the perpetual music instead of sound effects killed it a little.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 06:27 AM

At 8/5/11 05:00 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: Anyone ever seen these parodies?
The perfect swarm
Read it and sleep

Those were fun, the sleep over one especially, since I love reading the fan-fiction so much and the war was also interesting in it :)

At 8/5/11 05:26 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the few people who read Cupcakes and found it a decent read. It's more the fact that I see a lot of people portraying Pinkie as criminally insane afterwards. I've read quite some freaky fanfics that desperately wants to copy cupcakes in some way, but don't really do it right.

I personally am a fan of cupcakes it is a great read that grew on me after the first time. If interested I did a reading of it first part second part. personally I am not a huge fan of people trying to repeat it though, the original was good and interesting and worked well. However people trying to make sequels to it etc. will just end up making it overly gory or something to try and make it better than the original which would just end up ruining their one. Similar to what they did with Saw for example, Saw 2 they just shoved loads of extra people in and killed them off quickly and had no real character development that made the movie suck.

By all means if there is a really good one made I will go and read it, but I doubt there is really a great one yet. I do know some people have made their own versions, but I haven't read them yet due to me thinking it probably isn't going to live up to the original.

Also these things.

Here is a great video of a trailer for cupcakes the movie

Also, for Fluttershy fans...

Far to cute.

At 8/5/11 05:53 AM, Yhtomit wrote: Personally, I prefer the "Mentally Advanced Version" to that one. Plus, FiMFlamFilosophy seems to be the only person who's sticking to their Abridged project, so it's nice knowing that he will be doing more episodes.

Rainbow Dash putting roofies in her drink "Hey I only did it one time", funny.

At 8/5/11 06:06 AM, Viri wrote:
That's what I've heard, I personally have never read Cupcakes, funnily enough. It doesnt really sound appealing at all. I actually like some grim dark once in a while, but it's not something I really want to crossover with MLP. As far as just straight explicit gore, that's just dumb, in my opinion. It's not scary or anything, just unpleasant and unnecessary.

It's not really meant to be taken as some incredibly serious read, its just meant to be something to read, either like or find horrible likely both together and then talk about it and reference it etc. It holds its job as the extreme end of pony fan-fiction well, there has to be one and I personally think it works better than expected.
Of course its not something where you go "wow gore? awesome I'll check it up" But its something where you go "fan-fiction about Pinkie and Rainbow Dash? Ok I'll read it", which was why I first read it not knowing what it was going to be. It works much better if you don't know what it is before you check it out. After you have read it you can then watch some videos like the trailer I linked for example and find it funny where other people wouldn't understand it and be able to enjoy it the same way.
To be honest it isnt very extreme either, it isnt overly gory etc. compared to lots of other stuff you could find written it is kind of calm, it isnt something you cringe at while reading or have to stop reading since its to extreme, rather you can still keep reading it, find it kind of horrible but not enough to make you throw it away. Personally I suck at horrible things but I was able to read this aloud and record it fine, it just doesnt seem as bad as people make it out.

At 8/5/11 06:14 AM, Acronze wrote: Do you guys read the fan made comics?

Yes when I can.

The first one in this sentence is adorable yet also incredibly sad.
Also because

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM

At 8/5/11 06:27 AM, Ragnarokia wrote:
Also these things.
Here is a great video of a trailer for cupcakes the movie

That was well constructed.

At 8/5/11 06:06 AM, Viri wrote:

I thought it was a bit in character. (outside that violence doesn't belong in MLP). Eerily, Pinkie was still being Pinkie. On the other hand, Rainbow dash, in the original, is a helpless victim and doesn't go badass in her situation. That's what I liked about it most. Often stories are about good versus evil and the hero has to spout badass lines and find a way to get out of it. this story didn't have that. The ending was blunt and to the point, without having much epilogue to it. (the one without AppleBloom that is).

At 8/5/11 06:14 AM, Acronze wrote: Do you guys read the fan made comics?
Yes when I can.
The first one in this sentence is adorable yet also incredibly sad.
Also because

I've read my fair share of sad fics concerning Derpy.

Also, another one of my favourite fan videos, in particular if you like Deathnote.

BBS Signature
verycoolguy
verycoolguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 07:20 AM

At 8/5/11 07:01 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: I thought it was a bit in character.

Pinkie knows what's right from wrong, (ex. when she requests to call off the prank on Fluttershy) therefore she is not insane. She is also more compassionate, so her answer to Rainbow Dash wanting to go home was just off tone. It just seemed like the author was looking for excuses to add details of the gruesome violence, much like that manga/anime Elfen Lied.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 5th, 2011 @ 07:27 AM

At 8/5/11 07:20 AM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 8/5/11 07:01 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: I thought it was a bit in character.
Pinkie knows what's right from wrong, (ex. when she requests to call off the prank on Fluttershy) therefore she is not insane. She is also more compassionate, so her answer to Rainbow Dash wanting to go home was just off tone. It just seemed like the author was looking for excuses to add details of the gruesome violence, much like that manga/anime Elfen Lied.

He means she keeps in character while doing all the torturing etc. Yes her character isn't a torturer and knows whats right from wrong. However the way she does everything in cupcakes keeps to what she is like, if she thought what she did was right. Which in the fiction it is as she says something along the lines of "We have our jobs and we have to do them, we might not like it and at times I just want to go home, but in the end we have our jobs to do and we can't run from our responsibility" Pinkie Pie in the fiction truly believes she is doing the right thing. Which makes everything she does and say actually work for her.
It is a perfect example of her character, if her character had a psychotic view on reality.

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 02:43 PM

hey peeps, i have an interesting question... what is going to happen to the community if season 2 will suck?

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 02:47 PM

At 8/20/11 02:43 PM, yos2 wrote: hey peeps, i have an interesting question... what is going to happen to the community if season 2 will suck?

Everything in the next season will be directed towards Bronies and because the people who create the show know about Bronies, things will probably change. Just saying...

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 02:57 PM

Mlp is the shit.

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 03:00 PM

At 8/20/11 02:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/20/11 02:43 PM, yos2 wrote: hey peeps, i have an interesting question... what is going to happen to the community if season 2 will suck?
Everything in the next season will be directed towards Bronies and because the people who create the show know about Bronies, things will probably change. Just saying...

It might change a lil bit, but not for the worst IMO. I think they know what is good and will keep it coming.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 03:30 PM

Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle are the biggest Mary-sues since Chris Thorndyke.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 08:36 AM

At 8/20/11 02:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:

im just asking a theoritical question. im not saying it's going to suck, i don't know what's going to change. i just wonder what is going to happen to the brony community if season 2 will suck. what will be the reactions. and what kind of fuss will there be... just imagine...

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 08:43 AM

you people are more annoying and persistent than furries.

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 09:59 AM

At 8/21/11 08:36 AM, yos2 wrote: i just wonder what is going to happen to the brony community if season 2 will suck. what will be the reactions. and what kind of fuss will there be... just imagine...

Well like any TV show it will start to lose its fans and probably the attention of it's targeted audience. I doubt that will happen though due to the characters they have.

At 8/21/11 08:43 AM, Tummbumm wrote: you people are more annoying and persistent than furries.

So people who like a show and are doing no real harm to you are annoying and persistent people. Hmm. Not sure if you're trolling or are just stupid. I could go either way, but it's Newgrounds so who really gives a flying fuck.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

I am proud to say that after learning about it on the Internet so much, I finally went up and watched the dang thing on YouTube. I am glad to say that it is a fantastic show because it has some of the best animation I have ever seen in a show, not to mention fantastic voice acting and plenty of unpredictable events and all-around cuteness! It's probably the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life and I've seen a lot!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:09 AM

At 8/21/11 09:59 AM, The-Great-One wrote: So people who like a show and are doing no real harm to you are annoying and persistent people. Hmm.

except you're everywhere, there's loads of specially designed boards and places where you could go and discuss this children's show. but you stick around the forums where nobody wants it.

most of you are borderline furry/paedophile anyway, so maybe i was wrong in saying that. this whole thing is just a thin veil for your disgusting habits that people don't accept. like me starting a serious discussion about dora the explorer because i have a fetish for 3 year old mexican girls, but doing it on every website i can think of.

Not sure if you're trolling or are just stupid.

AW SHIT YOU REALLY HAMMERED ME WITH THAT ONE OH BOY

HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS GOAT LET'S HAVE A SERIOUS DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS GOAT

MLP serious discussion thread

­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:22 AM

wow hey GUYS HAVE YOU HERARD ABOUT THIS SHOW ''''ALMOST NAKED ANIMALS''' ???????? IT'S LIKE THERE'S ANIMALS BUT IT'S REAL RANDOM AND YOU CAN LOOK DEEP IN TO THE CHARACTERS EMOTIOOONS LIKE WE DO WITH MLP BUT IT'S NOT MLP LOL GONNA POST THIS ON MY FB

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:23 AM

You know I could respond by saying that for the most part (there probably are sickos out there though) that a good group of people do not have fetishes for My Little Pony and are not furries.

However trolling has come to this thread and I don't doubt that it will be locked any minute now.

BBS Signature
yos2
yos2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:27 AM

At 8/21/11 11:22 AM, Tummbumm wrote: wow hey GUYS HAVE YOU HERARD ABOUT THIS SHOW ''''ALMOST NAKED ANIMALS''' ???????? IT'S LIKE THERE'S ANIMALS BUT IT'S REAL RANDOM AND YOU CAN LOOK DEEP IN TO THE CHARACTERS EMOTIOOONS LIKE WE DO WITH MLP BUT IT'S NOT MLP LOL GONNA POST THIS ON MY FB

so remind me again who is being presistant and annoying?

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

At 8/21/11 11:27 AM, yos2 wrote: so remind me again who is being presistant and annoying?

or or or MAYBE WE COULD WATHC MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE Y'KKNOW THE CHARACTERS HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW AND THE ANIMATION IS EXQUISITE AND I THINK THERE'S SOME OPPERTONITE FOR SOME RULE34 Y'KNOW FOR SOME OF THOAES PEEPS OUT THER WHO LIKE THAT THING YKNOW NO JUDGING ;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUT YEAH XDDDDDDDD

BBS Signature
CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:32 AM

MLP is gay

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to MLP serious discussion thread Aug. 21st, 2011 @ 11:33 AM

Guys, you can all sit down, drink some tea and talk about the show in a mature manner.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut