Test with fun how much you know about Art4.00 / 5.00 13,143 Views
Challenge hordes of ninjas in this epic action adventure game.4.15 / 5.00 46,346 Views
Help strange creatures to bring the eye to a mysterious customer.3.75 / 5.00 16,660 Views
Actually, I'm a programmer but I would like to improve my art skills. I need reviews, constructive criticism would be very much appreciated!
Currently, I lost my tablet pen, so I can't make a whole lot of 2D art. I just ordered a new tablet, because it was 2 pounds cheaper than a new pen.
Here's an old sketch, JPG encoding probably screwed it up but Newgrounds don't support .PNG. It's done digitally in Pixelmator.
Bigger version of previous image:
Here's another one, not sure what I'm going to do with these.
You can see that the lighthouse went through a dramatic change but I like the new look better. I'll do the individual parts first and then I'm going to do a new one of the full city:
I think I'm getting pretty decent at Maya nowadays. Here's a little render I did of that lighthouse:
I really like both your drawings and the point of view you drew them from. Also could please add some color to the sketches also your 3-D rendered light house doesn't have much detail but it's better than a 3-D render with no color.
Yeah, the lighthouse doesn't have proper materials yet, I just gave it some colour to make it clear what it is.
I know about perspective, but not when I drew these. I'll look into it some more, though.
It's been long since I just picked up my tablet and started to draw, turned out pretty nice I think but I'm sure you guys will be able to give me some awesome tips.
Mostly done from memory.
This character should be familiar to most.
Discovered one flaw with the pose way too late (I never mirrored it until it was done), which is that the sword should point more upwards because now it looks like he's going to drop it.
Once again, criticism would be most appreciated.
Original size (2560x1600):
And one with my sketches still in:
Forgive my shitty sketching, for some reason my tablet drivers are bugging out really badly.
It seems like you've got the right idea for the accessories, but your limbs are far off length, don't be shy about stickmen ;). Keep it up.
Check out my experimenting tech blog @ http://tekkmonkey.blogspot.com/
Yup, pretty much this. Draw through the limbs with their full shapes to nail a solid form. Clothes should come second too. (Least how I do it)
At 10/30/11 05:30 PM, XDrako wrote:
:..don't be shy about stickmen ;). Keep it up.
Optimize, optimize and optimize. This scene runs on 120FPS on my 320M now.
Had about 90% positive responses to the art style, the other 10% was the lead designer.
Need opinions on the art style.
At 8/2/11 06:15 AM, Whysomangry wrote: You have god-awful perspective, please check out some tutorials.
Give the guy links perhaps?
Being mean does not help him at all.
Wolfos descent work so far,i like the 3d thing.
Forum signature courtesy of illicit.
They know what is what, but they don't know what is what, they just strut. What the fuck?
At 3/31/12 11:45 AM, Wolfos wrote:At 3/31/12 11:44 AM, Wolfos wrote: Wolfos make environment for game.Here's another.
At 3/31/12 01:35 PM, BilalZ wrote:At 3/31/12 11:46 AM, Wolfos wrote:your textures are stretching really bad in my opinion.At 3/31/12 11:45 AM, Wolfos wrote:Moar!At 3/31/12 11:44 AM, Wolfos wrote: Wolfos make environment for game.Here's another.
They're tiled evenly in that scene. It just looks that way because it's really low poly.
We have agreed to redo the cave if we have the time, but I fear that we don't.