• 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Drony
Drony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 30th, 2011 @ 10:44 PM Reply

Did anyone else think this guy looks like Bahamut?

Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions

BBS Signature
RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 11:25 AM Reply

The only time I had a really long five hour session of gaming was when I first started playing Fallout 3 and really got sucked deep into it. But typically, I get tired after about two hours of gaming. I may take a long break and come back to it after a few hours later, but I can't play games for really, really long sessions without getting a headache and feeling tired.

As soon as you start feeling discomfort, take a break, get up and stretch, get a breath of fresh air, and come back a few hours later. The game isn't going to disappear or delete itself when you get back.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 11:59 AM Reply

I don't understand what any of you are saying about getting literally tired from playing video games. I can play a game all day, go to sleep, wake up, play it all day again and so on and never be physically or mentally weary. Of course, I get sleepy but being tired is different from being sleepy and I only get sleepy in the sense that I've been awake all day and need sleep.

I mean, I can get bored of a game or bored of playing games in general but that's totally different from getting tired. My wife and brother are the same way and so are a bunch of our gamer friends, so it's not just me.

If anything, playing video games for extended periods of time makes me feel better, actually.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 12:34 PM Reply

ugh why would someone fucking do that

it's not even that the game definitely gets boring after more than 4 hours, but taking a 20 minute break makes you play MUCH better from personal experience.

HailSaban
HailSaban
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 06:43 PM Reply

I don't even understand how one can have a 12 hour straight gaming session. The longest I've gone is probably no longer than 2-3 hours. Even if I'm very addicted to a game, I usually only play it for about an hour straight before I want to get up and take a break. I think the parents are to blame for this, they should't let their kid play for that long.

It's pronounced Say-ban
Thanks for the sig Ninjar!

BBS Signature
zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 06:50 PM Reply

At 7/31/11 06:43 PM, HailSaban wrote: I think the parents are to blame for this, they should't let their kid play for that long.

He's 20, it's his own fault.

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 10:52 PM Reply

poor guy

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Jul. 31st, 2011 @ 11:27 PM Reply

At 7/30/11 04:56 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Well I know a guy who died from playing 24 hour sessions of Half-Life 3

And I know a guy who died from playing 48 hour sessions of Call of Duty 8

BBS Signature
maask
maask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 12:26 AM Reply

That just takes gaming to an extreme level of addiction. I can play for like 12 hours, but not straight, I take breaks, and stuff. I don't really want to play Video Games all the time. I'm 15 years old. I have a job, I like to hangout with friends.. etc.

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 02:22 AM Reply

In other news, "Fat kid dies from living an unhealthy lifestyle."

Suddenly, nobody cares.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 10:29 AM Reply

Videogames: The Most Dangerous Addiction Of All

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 10:32 AM Reply

At 7/30/11 10:44 PM, Drony wrote: Did anyone else think this guy looks like Bahamut?

Now I'm happy I don't have a 360.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

SpiderTaco
SpiderTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 1st, 2011 @ 10:43 AM Reply

I like how the media is trying to blame the Xbox for this. The father even said (in a different article) that he doesn't blame Microsoft or videogames for his son's death, he's just trying to raise awareness annd prevent other people doing this to themselves. It was sitting in one place for too long that killed him, not the Xbox. If he had died watching TV for 12 hours or even at his PC no one would give a shit.

AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 7/30/11 04:56 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Well I know a guy who died from playing 24 hour sessions of Half-Life 3

I know a guy who got such an extreme boner from the game his dick exploded and he died of blood loss and liver failure. He was playing DDR.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
Kanon
Kanon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:11 AM Reply

At 7/30/11 05:23 PM, LulzCal wrote: I have a feeling when the Friday that Skyrim comes out, I'll be having quite a few obscenely long sessions that weekend...

When Oblivion first came out I think I played for at least 4-7 hours at a time, but I was constantly changing positions so I was comfortable, I cannot wait for Skyrim as I wonder how long I will spend on it.

PSN: Tysonizer, Best Thread of 2012.

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:09 AM Reply

12 hours? Seriously? I am able to pay a game 16 hours, and not even pass out.

BBS Signature
Whysomangry
Whysomangry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:58 AM Reply

I've gone 12 hours before and I'm not dead, fuck I think it was about 15 hours, though I had breaks and food and such.

Cyan60
Cyan60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 7/30/11 04:32 PM, EpicFail wrote: I play games for that long sometimes, and I haven't died yet.
But when I do die, this is how I would like to die. Playing an excellent video game, avoiding reality.

YEEESSSS!

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!
It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Coecoe123
Coecoe123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:30 AM Reply

I'm pretty sure if I sat in the same position for 12 hours straight my ass would hurt

By:Coecoe123 King O' Sigs

BBS Signature
mrty
mrty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Guy dies from 12 hour Xbox sessions Aug. 2nd, 2011 @ 11:58 AM Reply

I've seen video games indirectly claim lives before, like kids "trying it at home" and ending up killing themselves, or people getting inspired and committing murder... but this one is one of a kind.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." -Stephen King