00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Honey1200 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

So What Pro Use Fl Studio

6,022 Views | 35 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to So What Pro Use Fl Studio 2011-07-30 22:20:33

At 7/30/11 01:28 PM, EricFreeman wrote: Did nobody suggest Soulja Boy Tell Em yet? He's possibly the most talented artist using it!

lol

Actually I'm sure that there's a lot of mainstream (and underground) rap being produced with FL. So many people on the ImageLine forums being all YO YO CHECK OUT MY BEETZ

p.s. i am gay

Response to So What Pro Use Fl Studio 2011-07-31 01:42:56

If I remember correctly, Scooter also uses FL Studio. This was a while ago that I heard this, he may use something else now...

Response to So What Pro Use Fl Studio 2011-07-31 06:48:23

At 7/31/11 01:42 AM, brokendeck wrote: If I remember correctly, Scooter also uses FL Studio. This was a while ago that I heard this, he may use something else now...

he does. so does feed me/spor.

Response to So What Pro Use Fl Studio 2011-07-31 13:00:23

At 7/31/11 02:25 AM, Computer112 wrote:
Tools don't make good musicians.

This is something very important that lots of people need to remember. A professional XYZ rarely requires gear ABC. Jimi Hendrix used a shitty knockoff amp he bought in a shop in England IIRC - the equivalent of buying a Chinese knockoff today. People are still tricked into buying a similar model thinking it will "make them sound like Jimi Hendrix". Honestly that's how a lot of vintage gear goes. Even a pretty mediocre piece of modern gear is usually more precise and "better" than vintage gear used by the pros of 20, 30, 40, or 50 years ago, but people will buy the vintage gear because they think it will make them maestros like those that came before. News flash: those maestros would have killed to have what we have today instead of their fragile, tube-filled, artifact-introducing gear they had to use back then.

Anyway that kind of turned into my ranting about the popularity of vintage equipment. Point is that there are indeed plenty of artists who use FL Studio and their music is just as good as somebody who uses Ableton or Cubase or Reason or whatever else. The tool rarely makes the man, after all.

Response to So What Pro Use Fl Studio 2011-07-31 16:55:54

At 7/29/11 11:14 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Benn Jordan, the guy who does The Flashbulb stuff
BENN JORDAN

Whut? >:? How the hell do you make an album like Arboreal in FL Studio: I mean, A Raw Understanding - in FL?! Now that's either just talent or he uses some outside hardware first for maximum post-production awesomeness.

Response to So What Pro Use Fl Studio 2011-08-01 07:19:52

At 7/30/11 12:59 AM, Chemich wrote:
At 7/29/11 09:57 PM, DJ-MasterRick wrote: From what I read deadmaus, skrillex, bar9, paragomx9, armin van burren, tiesto, dimrain47, autechre, dbleezy, and burial all use fl studio
I know Skrillex and Paragonx9 do.

Pretty sure Bassnectar, Bare Noize, Headhunterz, and Da Tweekaz use it too.

HHZ uses Cubase :P but you're right, it's not the tools that matter, it's how you use them.

New tune: Yag