New Topic Respond to this Topic
Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:20:52 Reply

So every time that I drive past a cop with one of my friends they have to say "Oh no, a cop! You'd better slow down". I look down at my speedometer and I'm going close to the speed limit so I don't. Guess what? The cop doesn't pull me over because I'm not speeding.

Everyone's always tried to tell me that cops are huge dicks that will pull you over for driving 1 MPH over the speed limit, but I've yet to be pulled over and I cruise by them going about 5 over. My guess is that people get pulled over for massive speeding (like 10-20 MPH over the limit- I see that happen all the time) and get a $500 speeding ticket that makes them so butthurt that they go around telling everyone how asshole cops are.

The other thing that gets to me is when a cop already has someone pulled over and everyone slows down to like 30 MPH. I'm guessing that this is because:

A. They think that the cop will somehow sense from outside his vehicle that they're speeding slightly, run to his car, make a rapid u-turn, and pull them over.

B. They're nosy fucks that like to watch people get arrested.

So why do people demonize cops? Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily trust them and I know that they're corrupt, but in America it's very easy to contest tickets and avoid getting searched. Sp why are you hating on cops?

razorbladesigh
razorbladesigh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:28:58 Reply

For the slowing down, it's the second thing. People love to rubberneck. Cops are supposed to give you a 5mph grace period over the speed limit in case your speedometer isn't working, but some cops are pricks and tend to speak for all cops. I think that cops should have a little less power, because they get pretty abusive about it.

|1.|2.|3.|

BBS Signature
Sumarongi
Sumarongi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:30:50 Reply

I've never been pulled over. Hell, I barely even see the cops where I live. Small-town life has its benefits.

IAmCrystalHeights
IAmCrystalHeights
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:31:19 Reply

At 7/27/11 02:30 PM, Sumarongi wrote: I've never been pulled over. Hell, I barely even see the cops where I live. Small-town life has its benefits.

Swedish cops are probably badass

pirogpod
pirogpod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:34:25 Reply

I live in small town pennsylvania and i see cops everyday

If you want to see an awesome site check this site out

andy70707
andy70707
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:36:00 Reply

I agree. I don't drive, but everyone seems to be scared of cops. For example, a few weeks ago I was walking with friends and they whispered "cross over". I asked why, and they said "because the cops are coming". They were carrying away a drunk man and didn't say a word as I walked past. They honestly thought they were going to be arrested for walking past cops.

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature
bravo22
bravo22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:36:06 Reply

Has N.W.A taught you nothing?

FUCK THE POLICE!

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:37:11 Reply

I've been driving for about 7 years and I've only gotten 1 ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. What I used to hate about cops is when they would come up and start harassing me and my friends just because they thought we looked suspicious or something. Apparently a small group of teens walking down a street/alley or throwing a football around in an empty parking lot is suspicious activity. I think some cops just don't like teens, so they bother them every chance they get. While I have met my fair share of asshole cops, I've also met a few cops that are genuinely nice people and don't feel it's their duty to harass kids that are doing nothing wrong.

BBS Signature
smulse
smulse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:46:44 Reply

An old friend of mine "hate's cops" because got his driving licence taken off of him and had to retake his driving test.

He got caught using his mobile phone (cellphone?) while driving and got a fine and points on his licence. He got pulled over for speeding and let off. Then he got pulled over for speeding a few days later and got more points and his license taken off him.

Deserved, I say, yet he has an issue because he was in the wrong on multiple occasions?

BBS Signature
Ergox
Ergox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:51:51 Reply

Where I live, cops stop you only if you're doing 5 over the speed limit. Sometimes if 10.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:54:21 Reply

At 7/27/11 02:20 PM, bgraybr wrote: So why do people demonize cops?

1. Butthurt
2. Media = Bad News Sells

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Sumarongi
Sumarongi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cops aren't so Bad 2011-07-27 14:58:19 Reply

At 7/27/11 02:31 PM, EddyFromEEnE wrote:
At 7/27/11 02:30 PM, Sumarongi wrote: I've never been pulled over. Hell, I barely even see the cops where I live. Small-town life has its benefits.
Swedish cops are probably badass

Well, I wouldn't know. I've never come into contact with any other sort.