00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team

25,988 Views | 353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 11:04:14

Hey Raz, yea I haven't been on since pg 2 lol. I'm on of the spriters, working on the sprites for the first mini boss Baby Korshak. its coming along slowly but surely.

Yeh thanks for saving me trauling through the thread. Actually that does sound familiar.. very cool. Well be sure to leave the link to it on here when your done yeh? I for one would like to see it.

Thats a point..

@DW - We will have to be careful for mine and joes animations of samus not to vary too much.. But if we both stick closely to the details you have given us for run cycles etc we should be fine I guess.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 13:19:41

Well i especified the same number of frames for him, thats the original number of frames of the Running cycle, i want to keep the style of the original animations and also because i have it on the game with the original ones so i presume that to be fit on the engine the frames must be the same

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 14:51:21

Well I meant vary from each other's, not what you want.

Anyway, here is the link for version 1.5
http://www.zshare.net/image/945292698272 119f/

Cheers

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 16:43:48

Hey man, i edited the suit again, i resized the ArmCannon and i changed the feet, well, sorry man, but i realy think my feet are better because they look as boots too... so... if you agree these will be the final changes in the Suit. Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H3FOBUI

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 19:20:15

Hey man, i edited the suit again, i resized the ArmCannon and i changed the feet, well, sorry man, but i realy think my feet are better because they look as boots too... so... if you agree these will be the final changes in the Suit. Here is the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7H3FOBUI

Ive checked it out, and it looks like youve made the armcannon smaller again after I made it bigger for you.. and I already made the feet look more "bootlike" on version 1.5, and I think your version makes them look worse, so I think we need a deciding vote..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 19:31:03

Sorry for resizing that... its because you made it bigger but it just passed a little from what i had in mind, but did you like what i did with the armcannon ?
I will do another, its because i dislike that line that you put on her feet, well the suit cant appear with elastic areas and i think if we get that line out we would make it better because the suit is made of metal... I will try here... we have to decide xP

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 19:53:57

lol I decided... your feet are better lol . But the armcannon lets just leave it as i edited, do you agree ?

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 20:01:42

At 9/21/11 07:31 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Sorry for resizing that... its because you made it bigger but it just passed a little from what i had in mind, but did you like what i did with the armcannon ?
I will do another, its because i dislike that line that you put on her feet, well the suit cant appear with elastic areas and i think if we get that line out we would make it better because the suit is made of metal... I will try here... we have to decide xP

Well thats just ridiculous because I didnt even make it as long as where you put the line in the first place. But ye whatever length you want it im fine with that. Let me just change it again ok?..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 20:14:33

Ok, if the armcannon dont stay bigger than the one i edited and not so small...

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 20:21:30

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 20:31:02

Ok man, you can start the idle and run cycles as i told you. Nice Work! ^^

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-21 21:27:54

At 9/21/11 08:31 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Ok man, you can start the idle and run cycles as i told you. Nice Work! ^^

Ok nice one, thanks. But before I start you need to make sure youre completely satisfied with the design as it is, after you ok it, nothing can be changed.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 13:45:55

Ok Joe xD. Raziel, i still dont like the feet so much, but they are good, so yeah it will stay as it already is, however... you didn't finished her back... you should make it... after you finish it show me to analize and then we decide if it needs changes or no ... and if no you can start the cycles.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 13:56:54

Have a nice Madness Day Guys ^^

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 14:16:46

Well first you said you wanted more womanly feet, then you said you wanted them to look like boots, which my opinion I have done. If you still dont like them I would get the other guys opinions, but if you can find a picture of how you want them to be I will look at that. (Dont send me one that youve made) Also, you said I can start the cycles, now you are saying make a back view of Samus before I do that.. will you even ser her from the back in-game? I think I speak for Joe here as well when I say Im getting a bit tired of this less than efficient communication...

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 17:34:11

Its because i forgot that you should make her with back view, and yeah, her back appear in the game, and also because when you make her in side view sometimes a little of her back appears, and when she is attached to a wall facing the right side her backs appears. Sorry for that man i just forgot, so please forgive me. Also her feet looks good now... we have to agree that not all will be as i have in my mind because thats not me that am doing the suit, but you made an exelent work just from what i said... so yeah i think her front view is finished man. Also... i t hink you will have to look for some examples of her back on the internet, from illustrations and maybe fanarts... becase there's few drawings of her back and because on the original game her back appears but in a bad resolution and its hard to have a good view of the back of the Fusion Suit.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 17:57:27

At 9/22/11 05:34 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Its because i forgot that you should make her with back view, and yeah, her back appear in the game, and also because when you make her in side view sometimes a little of her back appears, and when she is attached to a wall facing the right side her backs appears. Sorry for that man i just forgot, so please forgive me. Also her feet looks good now... we have to agree that not all will be as i have in my mind because thats not me that am doing the suit, but you made an exelent work just from what i said... so yeah i think her front view is finished man. Also... i t hink you will have to look for some examples of her back on the internet, from illustrations and maybe fanarts... becase there's few drawings of her back and because on the original game her back appears but in a bad resolution and its hard to have a good view of the back of the Fusion Suit.

Ok fair enough, I will proceed to make a back view first. At the end of the day I dont really care, but it just adds more time onto the project. As long as I know exactly what im doing and when from now on, because I sense a major problem happening if we carry on like this.. If you are sure the front view is fine then good, but I do respect that this is your project and you know more than me what Samus looks like. (Even though we could change things if we wanted) And if there is limited resource of the back of the fusion suit, can I conjur a design myself for it?

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 20:01:54

Yeah, the front view is good, i created the project, but since we are all a team the project is ours... Also if you dont find a decent drawing of the Fusion Suit back view you can create one based on the back of the Varia Suit because there is a boost system at her back.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 20:40:13

At 9/22/11 08:01 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Yeah, the front view is good, i created the project, but since we are all a team the project is ours... Also if you dont find a decent drawing of the Fusion Suit back view you can create one based on the back of the Varia Suit because there is a boost system at her back.

Cool, well yeh, thats why I thought we should get the others opinions.. but if its settled upon now, then cool. Ok yeh I'll see what I can dig up and start on the back view. Cheers! Also, I found out because my designs are in the style of pixel art, they are better when the size isnt edited. However I can get a size that might be suitable if I set the view to 50%, but this way we would need a pretty big game-screen. (Which I think would be good anyway) I know it might be early days yet and I dont know how it will pan out, but if we find out that my designs become distorted when changed or they are too big, it will be devastating for the project. Also, I was wondering if you are ripping stuff from previous metroids or are we creating the entire game from scratch??

Thanks

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 20:57:26

I want to keep the less i can from the original games and make it with our content... Also i found somethings that interests to ya, it will help you to make the back viewing of the fusion Suit : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJHRL1BD

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-22 21:05:47

At 9/22/11 08:57 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: I want to keep the less i can from the original games and make it with our content... Also i found somethings that interests to ya, it will help you to make the back viewing of the fusion Suit : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJHRL1BD

Cool very nice. And thanks for those, very helpful. I just found out as well that doing the back view is going to be a tricky task if I want it to fit in with the front design... so, bare with me for a while. I will update.

Also, you didnt address the size "issue"..

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-23 16:35:19

Oh, sorry man, i had to go yesterday, but dont worry about the size issue right now, i`ll deal with it. So... have you already started the back viewing of the Fusion Suit ?

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-23 21:39:24

Hey, when i say that i will deal with it, i am saying that is better to discuss this later and even because i can use some resources i have here to deal with it, and if it dont work after all we try other things like you said.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 08:40:06

Man i was giving one more look at the front view and i compared with that material that i sent to ya and i concluded that the armcannon is bigger than this one... i think we should use the armcannon from upgrade 1.5, just put the armcannon from 1.5 on the current version.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 11:43:30

At 9/24/11 08:40 AM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Man i was giving one more look at the front view and i compared with that material that i sent to ya and i concluded that the armcannon is bigger than this one... i think we should use the armcannon from upgrade 1.5, just put the armcannon from 1.5 on the current version.

Ughh your making me mad now because I just said make sure you are happy with everything completely before I start anything else, and you said you were. I told you if you keep changing your mind like this further down the line theres going to be a disaster... Luckily I havent really started the back view yet, or else it couldve made things harder for me. Personally I think the armcannon looks fine as it is, but if you are sure, I will change it. About the size, I read your message, thats great. I'll start the back view soon and update.

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 12:26:20

OK, but sorry man it was because i didn't see these material that i sent to you and i was analizing it and i concluded that you would have to change, in my point od view the armcannon as it is on version 2.0 is good but compared with the original one it is small... that is the last change in the front view, i promise you. Sorry for my...changes of mind. hehe ^^

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 14:11:46

Ok. btw this game is just going to be on newgrounds right? Coz I dont like the idea of profit being involved at all. Sorry for asking at such a late stage....

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 17:26:25

Well... this is a FanGame so we cant earn money with it, its against the law. Well, it will be hard to put the game here because it will be huge and it would take forever to charge... we can put this game to download here on newgrounds and i had in mind to put the game in the Metroid Fan Sites, there are a lot of Metroid Fan Sites... one of them is the "Metroid Head Quarters". It will be a game to make a download because it will be more of 10Mb, realy more maybe.

Lets Rock!

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 17:40:03

At 9/24/11 05:26 PM, DarkWalkerUnleashed wrote: Well... this is a FanGame so we cant earn money with it, its against the law. Well, it will be hard to put the game here because it will be huge and it would take forever to charge... we can put this game to download here on newgrounds and i had in mind to put the game in the Metroid Fan Sites, there are a lot of Metroid Fan Sites... one of them is the "Metroid Head Quarters". It will be a game to make a download because it will be more of 10Mb, realy more maybe.

Oh right. Thats good then. Well I dunno, I mean you get like 15 minute long graphic intensive animations on here n stuff. I mean people with good computers could probably manage it. But youre right it would probably be better as a download. Cool. Also, dont you find it annoying that there is hardly any activity here from the other team members?.. I mean some input would be nice...

Response to Metroid Unleashed - Join the Team 2011-09-24 18:06:17

Yeah, i know that, there is more activity on the other topic at The Spritas, but the other members dont have nothing to ask and to tell at the moment, i think when the animations and the mass development of the game start this topic will be full... (When you guys finish the Suit). Also some of them dont like to post here and then they just PM me...

Lets Rock!