00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

31,302 Views | 308 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-03 13:40:47

So I just discovered a new venue near where I live. I'm hoping to go see:

- The Young Knives
- Art Brut
- Maybe Stiff Little Fingers

I need some ID that says I'm 18, I don't get why some gigs don't allow 16+ in anyway.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-03 14:34:54

art brut will be good, i've seen them a couple of times now, they're always good fun

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-07 20:35:41

DFA were pretty good live. Their support acts were alright, there was some shit band called [me], then the computers, who were pretty entertaining. We were right at the front so I spent a good amount of time focusing on not being crushed against the barriers rather than the music, but I had a good night.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-07 20:55:25

At 10/7/11 08:35 PM, Dromedary wrote: DFA were pretty good live. Their support acts were alright, there was some shit band called [me], then the computers, who were pretty entertaining. We were right at the front so I spent a good amount of time focusing on not being crushed against the barriers rather than the music, but I had a good night.

My friend was right in front of the barriers lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flashpics/6 221644490/in/photostream

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-07 23:18:11

At 10/7/11 08:35 PM, Dromedary wrote: We were right at the front so I spent a good amount of time focusing on not being crushed against the barriers rather than the music, but I had a good night.

I fucking told you. The only thing I really said to you. Don't stand at the front the sound is shit and you'll get crushed. Why didn't you listen to me.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-08 08:32:23

At 10/7/11 11:18 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I fucking told you. The only thing I really said to you. Don't stand at the front the sound is shit and you'll get crushed. Why didn't you listen to me.

Nah, the sound wasn't too bad. Where were you then?

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-08 09:02:02

At 10/8/11 08:32 AM, Dromedary wrote:
At 10/7/11 11:18 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I fucking told you. The only thing I really said to you. Don't stand at the front the sound is shit and you'll get crushed. Why didn't you listen to me.
Nah, the sound wasn't too bad. Where were you then?

Back a bit on the right in front of the speaker stacks.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-08 19:50:08

Yeah but I got to grab Sebastian so it was worth it.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-08 23:40:27

At 9/11/11 07:19 PM, JaY11 wrote: Chimp Spanner

My dick is so hard right now. Chimp Spanner is a fucking genius, I was wondering what he did when he played live, but you've already answered that question by saying he has a real drummer. That's fantastic.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-11 14:00:56

At 10/8/11 11:40 PM, ToastedCupcake wrote:
At 9/11/11 07:19 PM, JaY11 wrote: Chimp Spanner
My dick is so hard right now. Chimp Spanner is a fucking genius, I was wondering what he did when he played live, but you've already answered that question by saying he has a real drummer. That's fantastic.

Boris Le Gal. I'm facebook friends with him.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-11 14:10:43

Not sure if I'm going to go see Opeth any more, due to ticket expense and travel. The setlist doesn't look all that special anyway, but I will try to go. I've also go two other less expensive gigs in November anyway.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-13 16:21:50

So Mastodon are doing their UK Tour in February, I'd love to go see them and they're playing pretty near to me, but I don't know anyone who'd want to go see them, and I don't really want to go on my own to be honest. I'll see who I can ask.

Also hoping to see Explosions In The Sky at the end of January.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-13 17:20:35

At 10/13/11 04:21 PM, Snuff wrote: So Mastodon are doing their UK Tour in February, I'd love to go see them and they're playing pretty near to me, but I don't know anyone who'd want to go see them, and I don't really want to go on my own to be honest. I'll see who I can ask.

Also hoping to see Explosions In The Sky at the end of January.

Breexton or Breestol?

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-13 17:47:36

bristols in like nov, my friends going

brixtons in jan cos its boss

come to brixton

so i can laugh at how young all you guys are

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-14 05:25:34

Went to a cool gig last night that turned out to be free for students and had student bar prices.

A Genuine Freakshow are so good.

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-25 17:45:50

Went to The Cat Empire last night, it was fucking incredible. Easily the best night I've had in a long time. Their set was flawless, and the support band was decent as well. On top of that, the band were cool enough to hang out with me and some friends afterwards, the photos are being developed as I type!

The Bristol academy is pretty small but the sound's great, in case you guys are ever going.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-25 18:41:05

Oh yeah, I just got my ticket to see DJ Shadow as well. Hopefully he'll play a mix of his stuff, from Entroducing to his new album.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-25 19:33:24

At 10/25/11 06:41 PM, Dromedary wrote: Oh yeah, I just got my ticket to see DJ Shadow as well. Hopefully he'll play a mix of his stuff, from Entroducing to his new album.

I'm p jelly. I wouldn't mind seeing him live myself. I've never seen a DJ/electronic artist live before.

Also I ended up getting a ticket to Opeth jajajajaja

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-26 07:12:18

Well The Stone Roses have reformed recently, anybody going to any of their gigs? Anybody not wanna go but a fan, if not why?

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-10-26 09:33:12

Went to Freakers Ball on friday, it was amazing. Hatebreed, Anthrax, and Five Finger Death Punch.

I can honestly say that I just assumed that Anthrax would be kinda shit. I was so fucking wrong, they had that place going fucking berserker. Hatebreed had a good show as well, but Five Finger destroyed that shit. Amazing stage show and threw down the gauntlet. They played Walk right before they played Bad Company and I so wish they would had done the whole song cause just the beginning had me ready to make someone bleed.

They had a big $1000 costume contest I dressed up as a Psycho from Manhunt. A guy dressed in a 9ft suit of Bumblebee from Transformers won...so deserved it. There were a few other good ones I will link to pics and vids.

All said the show was awesome and I was in full costume for most of it. Till some jackass tried to start some shit during FFDP. Grabs me by the face from behind and tried to jerk me around, I step up shuck his hand threw my mask off and laid that mother fucker out. One Hit KO, so fucking great. I dropped the guy and everyone just looked at him and then me and i just started screaming " IM A FUCKING ANIMAL!!" . Guy finally gets up and comes back all dazed still and trys to hit me. I side step and grab his side and stick two fucking mean knee bashes to his floating rib. He goes down again, then a couple of guys drag him to his feet. At that point hes fucked and so there is like 4 guys that rush him and start wailing on him, I just stepped back and security made it in after a minute. He gets cuffed and dragged out out cold.

Apparently he was just going crazy and hitting a ton of people before me and him got into it. I wont get why people find the need to go looking to just punch people for no reason. Way to much testosterone faggotry when they get drunk I guess.

In pic I am the bloody mess on left, dressed to Kill.

Costume Contest FinalistsRecap of Freakers Ball

Concert/Gig Goer's Association

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-01 01:20:25

New Lamb Of God announced.

Resolution - 1-24-12

Preview Track

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-01 06:57:25

At 11/1/11 01:20 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: New Lamb Of God announced.

I saw Lamb of God live at Download Festival '10, they were quite good. The only problem was the quality of the vocals which was down to the sound guys. You could hardly hear the lead singer over the guitar.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-02 08:55:34

At 11/1/11 06:57 AM, Decky wrote:
At 11/1/11 01:20 AM, TheRipper00 wrote: New Lamb Of God announced.
I saw Lamb of God live at Download Festival '10, they were quite good. The only problem was the quality of the vocals which was down to the sound guys. You could hardly hear the lead singer over the guitar.

Thats disappointing. I would love to see LOG live I just have never caught them when they came to KC hopefully the bring the new Album tour through here. I will choke the sound guy stright the fuck out if he blows that shit. Had a similar thing happen when Slayer came to town. Audio was fucked up all around.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-02 10:33:48

At 11/2/11 08:55 AM, TheRipper00 wrote:
At 11/1/11 06:57 AM, Decky wrote: I saw Lamb of God live at Download Festival '10, they were quite good. The only problem was the quality of the vocals which was down to the sound guys. You could hardly hear the lead singer over the guitar.
Thats disappointing. I would love to see LOG live I just have never caught them when they came to KC hopefully the bring the new Album tour through here. I will choke the sound guy stright the fuck out if he blows that shit. Had a similar thing happen when Slayer came to town. Audio was fucked up all around.

You're telling me. It ruined the whole experience. Five Finger Death Punch were on afterward and the same thing happened, but maybe that way a blessing in disguise.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-03 22:59:49

I once saw The Who perform in concert in my hometown

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-04 15:13:05

Off to see a local band called Crevis Inspection play tonight. Only really going because I've been offered a night of free beer. I might end up seeing another band play as well if they're on. No idea who though.

Also came close to seeing Motorhead in Glasgow tomorrow night playing with the Anti-Nowhere League and UK Subs. Sadly I have too much coursework and lack of money to pay for anything else during the night. Would have loved to see those three bands. I rate all three extremely highly.

Oh well, live music and free booze for me tonight. Can't complain.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-04 22:12:32

got Wlid Beasts supported by Braids next thursday, followed by The Antlers the day after. Looking forward to that shiiiiiit.

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-06 13:50:09

So I just got a ticket for Rizzle Kicks. Not all too sure why.. but fuck, it should be fun.

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-06 16:17:45

is that like lethal bozzle?

BBS Signature

Response to Concert/Gig Goer's Association 2011-11-07 17:05:55

BBS Signature