00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[art Collab] Self-portrait Collab

21,241 Views | 216 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-15 23:12:16

A friend made this for me... So I Really looks lyke a murdered XD...

I´m making my Draw... So in 30 minutes I Upload my Draw.... And... This post is not necesary but....

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 03:39:46

A Photo...

But Shiet.... I hate myself... Why I´m Doing this???

Btw... I Cont Draw ANYTHING since... I dont Know... I need a Fucking Tablet...

So Enjoy my Oil Paint...

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 05:03:17

At 7/16/11 03:39 AM, BHVampire wrote: So Enjoy my Oil Paint...

Oil painting?...

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 05:30:00

At 7/16/11 05:03 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 7/16/11 03:39 AM, BHVampire wrote: So Enjoy my Oil Paint...
Oil painting?...

Yeah my thoughts exactly; BHVampire, I apologize if you really drew that, but it looks like that is a photomanipulation rather than a drawing/painting. Unless you can provide proof that it isnt, I'm not gonna accept it.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 05:39:15

Its a Photo... But you say.... That you can acept photos.... XD... No problem, I´m sick... I cant draw another draw of me.... Seriusly.... But i cant delete my Post.... Its...

See Ya....

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 05:54:51

Don't know why I bother putting my stuff up along side some of the other artists here. But hey, I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment.

oh, and the link is to the dump file

Just testing things out l popcorn

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 06:04:30

At 7/16/11 05:39 AM, BHVampire wrote: Its a Photo... But you say.... That you can acept photos.... XD... No problem, I´m sick... I cant draw another draw of me.... Seriusly.... But i cant delete my Post.... Its...

yeah okay, no hard feelings. When I said photo's could be acceptable I meant that I'm not excluding all photo's beforehand but I really wouldn't put my money on getting a photo in.

At 7/16/11 05:54 AM, XWarrior61 wrote: Don't know why I bother putting my stuff up along side some of the other artists here. But hey, I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment.

Nope sorry. From what I've seen of your pencil work you could probably make something acceptable that way, why not give that a try?

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 06:13:43

At 7/16/11 06:04 AM, J-qb wrote: Nope sorry. From what I've seen of your pencil work you could probably make something acceptable that way, why not give that a try?

Well, I've got work from 12-8am 4 days a week, so that's probably doable... Hopefully I can incorporate my family coat of arms into it.

XWarrior code 61: There's family, friends, and honor. In terms of importance: 1 is permanent, 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 06:24:04

yeah okay, no hard feelings. When I said photo's could be acceptable I meant that I'm not excluding all photo's beforehand but I really wouldn't put my money on getting a photo in.

Men, no problem, I´m an Idiot XD

Sorry....

I just want to delete my post.... And, I have One month More, so I Can sleep and try with a true work.... And, sorry for lose your time XD...

But just one thing I do not understand what you mean with the money?
I thought you would only invest time on this and not money... For that... Sorry again...

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 06:39:00

At 7/16/11 06:24 AM, BHVampire wrote: But just one thing I do not understand what you mean with the money?

It's an expression, as in: "the chance that a photograph will get accepted is very small, so I wouldn't place a bet on it". You should indeed only invest time and effort in this, that remark was just to state that photographs have a really small chance of getting accepted.

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 06:44:05

At 7/16/11 06:39 AM, J-qb wrote: It's an expression, as in: "the chance that a photograph will get accepted is very small, so I wouldn't place a bet on it". You should indeed only invest time and effort in this, that remark was just to state that photographs have a really small chance of getting accepted.

To avoid this confusion that you're causing by enforcing this mythical photography standard that you're not giving any details about, J-qb, it might be a good idea to simply state that photos are not allowed.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 15:20:02

This is a neat idea.
Here's my submission!
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/shini ngshadow/shiningshadow-slfprtraitcollb
If i need to make it more realistic, I can.
Thanks for looking!

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 21:50:22

At 7/16/11 06:44 AM, Aigis wrote: To avoid this confusion that you're causing by enforcing this mythical photography standard that you're not giving any details about, J-qb, it might be a good idea to simply state that photos are not allowed.

Totally Agree....

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-16 22:33:15

the bigger version can be seen here ^^
hope this is good ~

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 01:24:52

Well, I took the time to whip up this
but, turns out there is a website where you can do the same thing, only a lot better.
so ill start on something else.

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 02:12:45

Hmm self-portrait, I've been iffy about doing this but I think I might. Could be close to any style?

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 02:54:21

Just a question. Can it be a username based self-portrait, or you would much prefer a normal 'self portrait'?

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 03:01:01

J-qb

Your last word to me have spawned something new from me.

An example of the copy art I talk about using as practice, this is what I plan on putting in the background of my entry.
This is new from me in the sense that I have never seriously tried to draw any kind of animal until now.

source material

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 03:51:22

in all my glory...

touchin 101

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 09:34:32

What a coincidence, I was actually going to post a self-portrait of me today.

Can I join? :o

Sheezy.

NG.

Find me.

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 13:48:57

At 7/14/11 05:48 PM, J-qb wrote: stuff

I wasn't saying only accept super polished stuff. I was just saying that since there seems to be so much interest, by the end you'll prolly have to cut some stuff. So it might be better to wait to tell people whether they made it in. Especially since most of the earlier entries looked like they were done in 5 minutes.

Still, like you said, it's your deal. I was just saying... lol :3

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 15:47:33

At 7/17/11 01:48 PM, Kajenx wrote:
At 7/14/11 05:48 PM, J-qb wrote: stuff
I wasn't saying only accept super polished stuff. I was just saying that since there seems to be so much interest, by the end you'll prolly have to cut some stuff. So it might be better to wait to tell people whether they made it in. Especially since most of the earlier entries looked like they were done in 5 minutes.

Waiting till the end to tell people that they didnt make it isnt as good as telling them early because if you tell people right from the start that they need to try again it gives them a chance to keep submitting and trying to make it as opposed to making something, then haveing it rejected and not making it in at all.

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 15:48:22

This is what I look like. Im notr lying.

::refrain from calling me a dick nose.:

the lord of our savior. el christio

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 15:50:07

Quick self portrait, charcoal with coloring in photoshop.

Eyes are too close together, but not bad for only 3 hours. Was nice to draw something that wasn't a cartoon lol.

Higher Quality

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 16:14:04

A lot of people seem to be forgetting the 400x500 size restrictions..

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 16:23:09

At 7/17/11 04:14 PM, Morthagg wrote: A lot of people seem to be forgetting the 400x500 size restrictions..

Did not even read that, I'll fix it.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 16:29:59

Fixed size. Not as compositionally nice as before, but my fault for not noticing the size restriction.

Higher Quality

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 19:10:07

At 7/17/11 04:29 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Fixed size. Not as compositionally nice as before, but my fault for not noticing the size restriction.

Hair's gotten darker Ben?

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 19:42:36

At 7/17/11 07:10 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 7/17/11 04:29 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Fixed size. Not as compositionally nice as before, but my fault for not noticing the size restriction.
Hair's gotten darker Ben?

Just haven't dyed it in like 2 years, so back to normal dark blonde/brownish.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to [art Collab] Self-portrait Collab 2011-07-17 19:56:09

HERE'S ANOTHER SHOT
I keep the same concept of the first one, but I change the style for something more stylized. I hope this one is good enough to be on the collab.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature