00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Worst Video Game Of All Time

18,255 Views | 198 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-02 20:14:52

Superman 64 for the Nintendo 64. It's such a huge letdown, I was so excited to see if it was worth the money when I first purchased the game. But the controls are horribly done, and the whole game is going through circles in my opinion.

Gawd. I hate my NG username.

PSN: ChewyOwnz

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-02 21:13:11

Bubsy 3D

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-02 23:01:45

Please don't flip out on me but for me its Final Fantasy VII. I just hated hated hated it. Found the plot boring, Characters were forgettable, Music was great (the only good thing about the game) Graphics made my eyes hurt (i know graphics never matter but people keep telling me it was revolutionary and beautiful for the time which i disagree) I just found the game boring and dull. I love final fantasy all of them except VII.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-03 07:59:48

At 8/2/11 11:01 PM, link4president wrote: Please don't flip out on me but for me its Final Fantasy VII.

You've already made your point here, jackass.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-03 09:05:55

I used to have a game for the Commodore VIC-20 called 'Home Babysitter'. I don't think anyone can beat that.

There is also Space Ace for the SNES.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-03 18:44:58

At 8/2/11 11:01 PM, link4president wrote: Please don't flip out on me but for me its Final Fantasy VII. I just hated hated hated it. Found the plot boring, Characters were forgettable, Music was great (the only good thing about the game) Graphics made my eyes hurt (i know graphics never matter but people keep telling me it was revolutionary and beautiful for the time which i disagree) I just found the game boring and dull. I love final fantasy all of them except VII.

No one ever said FFVII looked revolutionary, the graphics were never good. It looks to me like you're just saying you hate FFVII but love the rest to go against the flow. You say the characters and plot were boring and forgettable, yet you also say you loved ALL of them, which would include FFI(which didn't even have real characters, or a plot beyond ''SAVE THE WORLD, HURR HURR''), FFII and FFVIII, which were far worse in both of those aspects? That's not even an opinion, there is absolutely no way you can think FFVIII's characters are better than FFVII's. You're entitled to your opinion but saying you hate FFVII but love the rest doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing you either haven't played or have played very few of the other games in the series. FFVII isn't everyone's cup of tea but I don't think anyone will argue when I say it's definitely better than FFI, II, VIII and XIV.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-03 19:13:49

No one ever said FFVII looked revolutionary, the graphics were never good. It looks to me like you're just saying you hate FFVII but love the rest to go against the flow. You say the characters and plot were boring and forgettable, yet you also say you loved ALL of them, which would include FFI(which didn't even have real characters, or a plot beyond ''SAVE THE WORLD, HURR HURR''), FFII and FFVIII, which were far worse in both of those aspects? That's not even an opinion, there is absolutely no way you can think FFVIII's characters are better than FFVII's. You're entitled to your opinion but saying you hate FFVII but love the rest doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing you either haven't played or have played very few of the other games in the series. FFVII isn't everyone's cup of tea but I don't think anyone will argue when I say it's definitely better than FFI, II, VIII and XIV.

imagine being a young boy walking into your local gaming store with your mom in 1999. You see a super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and the playstation. You look over at the playstation games with curiosity and decide to buy a game or two "just get one honey." Your mom says. So you look and look but nothing looks good and there it is. You see a spiky haired man holding a giant sword. So you decide to buy it.You finish your math homework and chores and you finely get to play your brand new game. You popped the game in and played for a few hours and was stunned on how good it was. Well thats not me after i got done with all my chores and math homework just to be really really disappointed on how bad it was. The graphics were just awful and blocky for a 1997 playstation game especially one that was a lot of people keep saying "revolutionary for its time." Well thats not true if you owned a sega saturn with the game Nights Into Dreams.Those were great graphics and Nights was in stores 1 year before ff7. Music was okay i got to admit that. Now for the story. The story was bland,boring, and down right terrible. Characters had no personality.Gameplay was just awful. I was just mad on how i just bought this game. Not being a brat i struggled on the beat the game and i beat it! Or so i thought i only beat disk one! So i just gave up and sold my copy. I loved the original final fantasy along with 2 and 3. I know theres a lot of final fantasy fans that thought that ff7 was the best out of the bunch. I have to disagree with them. That's my experience.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-03 21:32:23

At 8/3/11 07:13 PM, link4president wrote: imagine being a young boy walking into your local gaming store with your mom in 1999. You see a super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and the playstation. You look over at the playstation games with curiosity and decide to buy a game or two "just get one honey." Your mom says. So you look and look but nothing looks good and there it is. You see a spiky haired man holding a giant sword. So you decide to buy it.You finish your math homework and chores and you finely get to play your brand new game. You popped the game in and played for a few hours and was stunned on how good it was. Well thats not me after i got done with all my chores and math homework just to be really really disappointed on how bad it was. The graphics were just awful and blocky for a 1997 playstation game especially one that was a lot of people keep saying "revolutionary for its time." Well thats not true if you owned a sega saturn with the game Nights Into Dreams.Those were great graphics and Nights was in stores 1 year before ff7. Music was okay i got to admit that. Now for the story. The story was bland,boring, and down right terrible. Characters had no personality.Gameplay was just awful. I was just mad on how i just bought this game. Not being a brat i struggled on the beat the game and i beat it! Or so i thought i only beat disk one! So i just gave up and sold my copy. I loved the original final fantasy along with 2 and 3. I know theres a lot of final fantasy fans that thought that ff7 was the best out of the bunch. I have to disagree with them. That's my experience.

Firstly, I have no idea what being a young boy and chores has to do with anything, and secondly I already said the graphics were never good. When someone says FFVII was revolutionary they are definitely not talking about the graphics(except maybe the combat graphics, but even they're not amazing). At the beginning of the game I thought Cloud was an annoying twat, but the rest of the characters definitely had personality. In fact I'd say they were the most entertaining cast out of all FF games, they certainly made me laugh the most(with the possible exception of FFIX). The story seems bland too at first but it picks up a few hours in and just keeps getting better. Whether the story is good or not is subjective but I've never seen a story quite like FFVII's, even though it's poorly written at times(but so is every other FF game).

If you like Final Fantasy I don't see how you could find the gameplay bad as it's just the same turn based combat, and the Materia system makes it more customisable. And how on earth is the fact that it's long a bad point? The length is one of the best things about the FF games.

FFVII isn't my favourite Final Fantasy (that would be FFIX) but again, there's no problem with disliking it, it just doesn't make any sense when you say you loved the rest but absolutely hated FFVII. It's like saying you absolutely love Super Mario Bros. but hate SMB 3, even though it's just more of the same but refined and improved. It's not like you're simply calling it bad either, you're calling it the WORST GAME OF ALL TIME. Whether you like the game or not it definitely doesn't deserve that.

Also when you say you loved FFII & III do you mean the American II and III or the actual II and III?

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-03 22:19:27

Actual II and III. It's just my opinion tho. I just can't stand final fantasy VII at all. But since this is a worst game ever made thread and not worst game you've played thread (kinda thought it was at first) I have to say the worst game ever is True crimes streets of la (or ny can't tell the difference)

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-04 01:57:05

I repeat people BUBSY 3D!!!!!
Like serious no one else played this?

The Worst Video Game Of All Time

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-04 08:38:34

Crackdown 2. the first one just seemed better

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-05 18:43:41

At 7/12/11 06:44 AM, link4president wrote: Final Fantasy 7

2nd

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-06 05:17:45

In my honest opinion, I don't care for Black Ops at all. I'm not bashing it, but it isn't that fun. That and Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero. ALSO, Mortal Kombat: Special Forces. I own both, and they are terrible

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-06 13:21:49

Shaq Fu.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-06 14:03:16

Red Steel is the worst game I've played.
While most, if not all, games are repetitive in some respect, Red Steel was PAINFULLY repetitive.

Fan of Jedi-Master and Squidbit | LIVE | Google+

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-08 04:42:48

Majora's mask and Ocarina of time were terrible games on a terrible platform.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-08 07:05:57

Uhhm, can you tell us why?

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-08 07:08:17

At 8/8/11 04:42 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Majora's mask and Ocarina of time were terrible games on a terrible platform.

Whoops, i meant to quote this.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 04:12:06

At 7/12/11 03:22 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 7/10/11 03:34 PM, Zodape wrote: Anything released by EA Games after 2006.
BLACK
Bad Company
Bad Company 2
Brutal Legend
Dante's Inferno
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mirror's Edge
The Orange Box
How do you like me now, motherfucker?

There's some pretty strong selling points in there

-EAT WHEN YOU CAN, SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN, FIGHT WHEN YOU CAN-

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 04:18:21

At 8/8/11 04:42 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Majora's mask and Ocarina of time were terrible games on a terrible platform.

I respect your opinion but i strongly disagree. I think both games deserve there reputation and same with the n64. But hey everyone has different opinions and not everyone going to like what you like.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 04:24:31

I've heard some people say Majora's Mask sucked but personally I loved them both...

And the nintendo 64 was one of the best platforms ever (albeit the STRANGE controllers Nintendo is now famous for)

-EAT WHEN YOU CAN, SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN, FIGHT WHEN YOU CAN-

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 04:28:03

Brutal Legend was an extremely terrible game. Worst of all time though? ... I'm not sure.

* Alex can be a girl's name. - Come talk to me. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 09:03:30

Fable III

People are like slinkys, they serve no purpose, yet it still amuses you to push them down the stairs.

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 09:59:28

At 7/10/11 02:06 PM, Henchman1028 wrote: Call Of Duty.

I agree with this, and grand theft auto series.
Another game that sucks really bad is the halo series and I'm not kidding about this.

Black ops too, is that part of call of duty? I'm not sure i haven't played a new video game in a whole decade.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 11:54:04

People who say Call of Duty is the worst video game obviously don't play many video games at all. There's much worse out there, usually on the older systems. People just think they're cool kids when they say Call of Duty because its the "in" thing to hate on that franchise right now.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 12:22:42

At 8/12/11 11:54 AM, RazorHawk wrote: People who say Call of Duty is the worst video game obviously don't play many video games at all.

This. MW2 is the only genuinely bad CoD game, but even then, it's nowhere near the worst game ever. Sure, they're severely overrated, but not outright bad.

Another thing to wonder about is whether they mean CoD4 through Black Ops, or the series as a whole? I only ask because the first 3 seem to be going the way of Fallout 1 and 2; nearly completely forgotten, even though they're the best in the series.

If they had played the first three (or even just the first two) I doubt they'd be saying CoD.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 14:02:38

At 8/12/11 01:59 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:

::

Most CoD haters are either 12-year-old Halo fanboys who can't stand the fact that bullets actually kill you in CoD...

Or Battlefield elitists who whack off everytime new BF3 footage is released and are far too smug to deal with anyone who plays a game that doesn't have fully destructable environments.

OR they're just people that actually like story in a game. Everything after CoD 3 was awful.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 14:03:27

At 8/12/11 01:59 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Most CoD haters are

Or people who just genuinely dislike the game and are sick of hearing about it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 14:09:34

At 8/12/11 02:07 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Yeah, because the story in Battlefield and Halo is so fucking awesome, right?

Because everyone who dislikes Call of Duty MUST like Battlefield or Halo...

Why are you such an asshole?

BBS Signature

Response to The Worst Video Game Of All Time 2011-08-12 14:09:40

At 8/12/11 02:07 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
Yeah, because the story in Battlefield and Halo is so fucking awesome, right?

Yeah, because I obviously said those games were awesome.

Great argument.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature