Be a Supporter!

Breaking Bad (TV show)

  • 41,117 Views
  • 944 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-27 23:55:35 Reply

At 7/27/12 11:07 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote:
Saul on the other hand WANTS to GTFO out of there, but he's scared as hell of both Mike, and Walter. He's a terrified crooked lawyer who's stuck in a prison.

I think it's interesting to see how both Skyler and Saul are in the same boat. Both are trapped by Walter and his new drug empire. Maybe they'll come together because of this later on in this season...


Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 11:34:37 Reply

Another hissy fit by Skylar.

And they were watching Scarface, awesome.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 12:21:27 Reply

Ive missed the first couple eps and fell asleep during the third.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 12:50:53 Reply

At 7/30/12 12:21 PM, JBK wrote: Ive missed the first couple eps and fell asleep during the third.

watchseries.eu


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 13:13:12 Reply

At 7/30/12 11:34 AM, Slint wrote: Another hissy fit by Skylar.

Awful character. Last season she was buying carwashes to launder money and seemed happy enough that her husband was a dangerous criminal. Then her fuck buddy hurts his neck and she's an absolute wreck. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll kill herself.

I love that Walt has abandoned all pretext and just wants to be a boss for the sake of being a boss. He could give a shit about his family anymore, he just loves his work.


BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 13:13:57 Reply

At 7/30/12 01:07 PM, Tramps wrote:
i think the series is showing the decline of walt's mental health. Not sure if cancer or he's just going crazy from all the shit he has to do. Series will turn into walt doing something very stupid and ending up getting killed, i think.

Oh he should definitely die. If I believed he had a shred of humanity left I would say his cancer should have been practically cured and leave him to live with the things he has done but there is no going back now.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 14:45:02 Reply

At 7/30/12 02:14 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 7/30/12 01:13 PM, Me-Patch wrote:
that wasn't the actual reason, that reason was just to appease a curious marie

And also to make his wife look like a hunk of shit while simultaneously scoring sympathy points for himself. The way he ate the apple afterwards looked to me like he was thinking about how stupid everyone is but him. He's been exerting dominance over everyone around him this season. Like how he threatened to slit Jessie's throat for undercutting him infront of Mike.

the real reason was that, during the fourth season finale, she found out that her husband is a cold-blooded murderer of a drug empire

prior to gus' death, she thought he was just a victim, a good man in the wrong situation working for the wrong people

I realized as much, but she knew it was either Walt or Gus so I don't get why she wasn't relieved that he did what he did. I get that Walter is a full on bad guy now, but you think she would have had enough time to mentally prepare for it and not do a complete 180 over night.

Not that I'm disappointed about it or anything else this season, it's just fun to nitpick at things that you like.

yeah, this show is about the gradual decline in morality of walter white- first doing what he did for the love of his family, but gradually loses his sense of ethics for money and power

And I loves me an antihero protagonist, so I couldn't be happier.


BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 15:16:06 Reply

Each episode I watch I feel worse and worse for Jessie. He's only doing alot of bad ations because Walter's telling him too. He also has (had?) a family.


Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 15:47:26 Reply

At 7/30/12 03:44 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 7/30/12 02:45 PM, Me-Patch wrote: Like how he threatened to slit Jessie's throat for undercutting him infront of Mike.
Wait, that was a threat?

I think you can look at it several different ways. I took it as Walt saying that Mike is acting like Victor, meaning that he's an underling he's forgetting his place...


Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 16:06:35 Reply

Well for a little while there in season 4 I thought maybe Skylar was starting to not be a bitch but here we go again. Walt's being a terrible person too, though, cause you don't make like 100k or however much it was in a day for 1/4 the work you did at your old job and then complain about it.

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a single character in this show who only shows up once and I love it, even the junkyard owner from way back when they destroyed the RV came back a couple episodes ago.

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 16:09:38 Reply

At 7/30/12 03:47 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 7/30/12 03:44 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 7/30/12 02:45 PM, Me-Patch wrote: Like how he threatened to slit Jessie's throat for undercutting him infront of Mike.
Wait, that was a threat?
I think you can look at it several different ways. I took it as Walt saying that Mike is acting like Victor, meaning that he's an underling he's forgetting his place...

I disagree. Walter and Mike were engaged in an important negotiation that was about alot more than the money, Walter would have probably had his way but then Jessie opened his mouth when he shouldn't have. Walter gave him a look like 'you motherfucker'. Five seconds later he's tossing around veiled threats about presumptuous underlings being dealt with for just that type of behavior. Then when he walks away the camera lingers on a visibly shaken Jessie's face.

I think the message was sent loud and clear.


BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 16:46:11 Reply

At 7/30/12 04:23 PM, Bees wrote: but remember earlier on, saul was like "you okay with this? him handling the business?" and walt goes "yeah, he can handle the business. and i'll handle him." walter white has this warped view that he's still master of it all when he really isn't necessary. jesse can cook. mike can do business. he still sees himself as a king, noticeably when he brought up "this is less than with gus" (i can't spell his last name).

Walter wants to be the boss. It's his formula, and he's the genius chemist. He's working with Mike because he needs Mike's distribution network. If anyone is expendable it's Jessie, he's just a glorified lab assistant.


"just because you killed jesse james, don't make you jesse james" pretty much sums up the reality of the situation. great line. i don't think walt has the capacity to kill jesse anyway. when has he ever shot someone? stabbed someone? killed anyone directly? 4 seasons ago

Aside from Gus I guess he hasn't killed anyone since season three when he ran down the two dealers and then shot them. I think he is capable of killing Jessie though, I think that he's a much more dangerous character this season, and that everything that he is doing is calculated twords his own goals. I don't think that he will kill Jessie, I think that the threat was his way of telling Jessie to stay in his place.


yeah yeah walt's diminishing mental health blah blah gonna die later on. i do hope he dies. at first i thought this change in him would be great, but then i realized he's scary for no reason. he barely has money and he has literally no power. i don't see why people are intimidated by him at all.

I disagree. I don't think his mental health is diminishing, and I don't think he's scary for no reason. I think he has become Jesse James, or that he will be soon. The not having any money thing was just an outward excuse to keep going, he just made over a hundred grand and he owns a carwash, he could quit any time he wants. Everything that he has done this season has been coldly calculated, and all of it is working. Wether the other characters realize it or not, they all answer to him.


BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 16:57:15 Reply

Also was that a threat at Mike? Or Jesse?


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 17:23:26 Reply

At 7/30/12 04:46 PM, Me-Patch wrote:

Aside from Gus I guess he hasn't killed anyone since season three when he ran down the two dealers and then shot them.

To recount everyone Walt has killed, we've got Crazy 8 and Emilio from the beginning, the 2 dealers he hit with his car and shot, arguably Jesse's girlfriend on accident because he rolled her onto her back, Gabe by extension because he told Jesse to kill him, then in the season 4 finale after he and Hector blow up Gus and Tyrus he goes back to the lab and kills the 2 guys watching Jesse while he cooks.

So Walt has certainly killed a few people.

EJR
EJR
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 17:37:07 Reply

At 7/30/12 05:23 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: To recount everyone Walt has killed, we've got Crazy 8 and Emilio from the beginning, the 2 dealers he hit with his car and shot, arguably Jesse's girlfriend on accident because he rolled her onto her back, Gabe by extension because he told Jesse to kill him, then in the season 4 finale after he and Hector blow up Gus and Tyrus he goes back to the lab and kills the 2 guys watching Jesse while he cooks.

So Walt has certainly killed a few people.



Deep down I think Walt is still a good guy


Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 17:40:58 Reply

At 7/30/12 05:37 PM, EJR wrote:


Deep down I think Walt is still a good guy

I think he's just enjoying that he's in charge of something for pretty much the first time in his life but is letting it get to his head a little. Almost like a revenge of the nerds type thing. Except with more people being killed and dissolved in acid.

Slint
Slint
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 17:56:09 Reply

At 7/30/12 05:46 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 7/30/12 04:57 PM, Slint wrote: Also was that a threat at Mike? Or Jesse?
mike

walt mentioned taking liberties that weren't his to take, which he believed mike was doing (giving money to gus' men) and he was the one taking money

jesse didn't really do anything

Ha, so I thought.
Pretty good moment.


Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 18:17:45 Reply

At 7/30/12 05:42 PM, Bees wrote:
sorry, i was thinking of when he choked out emilio in the beginning, i really don't remember a lot from season 2 and 3. i'm not counting gabe because it's jesse who has to live with that, not walt. wasn't even there.

I just threw Gabe on there because he gave Jesse the order to kill him. So it doesn't really count, but I thought it deserved an honorable mention.

Jester
Jester
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2010
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 18:26:00 Reply

At 7/30/12 06:17 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
At 7/30/12 05:42 PM, Bees wrote:
sorry, i was thinking of when he choked out emilio in the beginning, i really don't remember a lot from season 2 and 3. i'm not counting gabe because it's jesse who has to live with that, not walt. wasn't even there.
I just threw Gabe on there because he gave Jesse the order to kill him. So it doesn't really count, but I thought it deserved an honorable mention.

I keep calling Gale Gabe on accident because he just looks like such a Gabe and it's the name that comes to mind when I think of him. So ignore that.

BuddhaGeo
BuddhaGeo
  • Member since: Jul. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-30 18:27:09 Reply

I'm not really sure where the conclusive season is going.


"Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship." -Buddah

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Member since: May. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 00:14:09 Reply

The first half of the episode it felt good for me, it had a "remember the old times" vibe: Saul, Walter and Jesse reunited discussing business, then we saw Badger and Skinny Pete again that was awesome, Walter and Jesse assembling the new lab and cooking together (the cooking montage was one of the best ones of all the show). It was a cool set-up episode.


Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 00:15:58 Reply

I have to admit this! I have only watched up to season 3! I have to watch breaking bad on DVD because I don't get the channel. Gotta wait until season 4 to come out.
At least I get special features, suck it!


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 00:16:12 Reply

At 7/30/12 05:39 PM, Bees wrote: oh you wish. the entire season 4 was walter fighting to be relevant because he was going to be killed. he was useless. jesse proved he can do what walter does and in some cases, better. the thing is it would be walt most likely who leaves the trio as jesse is okay with anything while walt fights mike at every turn. walter was "the genius chemist" until he taught jesse everything he knew lol

Walter was engaged in a game of wits with Fring for the entire fourth season. He won. That's why he said "I won" as like the very last line of dialog in the season finale. He played Jessie like a bitch and killed Gus in a manner that showed that he didn't give a shit about innocent collateral damage. Now he's rebuilding Fring's empire with himself on top.

laughable. if he had enough money he wouldn't want to get back in the business in the first place. what were his words in the first episode? "I'm broke". his "mental health" is visibly shattering. it's gone from "i am trying to survive" to "i want a lot of money and i will hurt children to get my way". walt's still a giant pussy in my eyes, wow thank you for make me realize this.

You're so very wrong. Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad, has consistently said that Walter White's journey is the story of "Mr. Chips turning into Scarface". You're still stuck in Mr. Chips mode when obviously he's Scarface now. Hence him watching Scarface on TV last episode.

You think he would quit if he could? That's laughable. He totally could, Saul certaintly would agree. He just payed Jessie back and made a hundred grand. What's stopping him? He obviously doesn't give a fuck about his family anymore, his choices have done nothing but put them in danger. He's Scarface now.

Everything that he has done this season has been coldly calculated, and all of it is working. Wether the other characters realize it or not, they all answer to him.
he's had one idea all his own and that's the location of the cook. i think idea of the year goes to jesse for the magnet stunt.

He manipulated Jessie into breaking up with his girlfriend Andrea by guilting him out with a bunch of horse shit about honesty. He manipulated Mike into working with him when Mike probably should of just killed him. He threatened Saul into doing his bidding. He manipulated Hank's dumb wife into giving him a hug and shutting up. And he's been playing his wife so hard he turned her into a retard and now he's back in the house running everything there is to run. And we're only three episodes in.

He's a boss.


BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 00:21:37 Reply

Just thinking I only saw part of the 3rd episode and they were just barely setting up. So I guess I didn't really miss anything. What pointless filler was in the first two episodes?? Anyway I'm still interested in the show and eager to see it all fall apart.


"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Member since: May. 30, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 00:52:49 Reply

At 7/27/12 05:03 PM, BobyB64 wrote: This thread needs more fan art.

A rough sketch of Walter I made the day before the season 4 premiere.

Breaking Bad (TV show)


Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 00:56:52 Reply

Has anyone else noticed that Landry from Friday Night Lights is on the show now? I find that awesome.

Too bad his football career didn't work out. He coulda avoided all of this meth nonsense.

Breaking Bad (TV show)


Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 01:18:20 Reply

For the final season, this show sure feels like it now has no direction. Honestly, if they ended it with last season, it would have been perfectly fine. But nope, now we have a scary euro guy who has been running the show, which was never hinted at, we have them starting over from square one, with the only real antagonistic prospect being the conflict between Walt and Mike, which I can't see being that climactic for a series ender given that Mike was just the dragon for Gus.


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 01:19:04 Reply

I just watched yesterday's episode, Skylar's "Shut up" fit reminded me of Arnie in Kindergarten Cop.
And Mike is right with that quote, "Just because you killed Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James."
Walt killed Gus and expects to just be flowing in money? He cut lots of people off, he has affected more people by killing Gus than he realizes. He can't just wipe it all off and start anew, he has to understand with every action there is a consequence.

At 7/30/12 05:55 PM, Tramps wrote: TheOatmeal making a comic about Breaking Bad. Good shit.

Ha, I like the whole Salamanca family in that.


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 02:51:40 Reply

At 7/31/12 01:18 AM, RacistBassist wrote: But nope, now we have a scary euro guy who has been running the show, which was never hinted at

Hank actually mentions how a German conglomerate owns Pollos Hermanos when he wants to check out the laundry. It's in that episode where Walt rams his car into another to stop Hank from checking the place out.


Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 18:20:56 Reply

At 7/31/12 02:51 AM, ZJ wrote: Hank actually mentions how a German conglomerate owns Pollos Hermanos when he wants to check out the laundry. It's in that episode where Walt rams his car into another to stop Hank from checking the place out.

It was a one time mention, and they made it seem more like that's who they were just getting the equipment from.

But nope, now it's a multi-national (Well, besides Mexico and US) operation run by scary Euro people


All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature