New Topic Respond to this Topic
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Good point Twilight, where the fuck is Marie.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Renandchi2
Renandchi2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 08:52 PM Reply

I know I'm late to the "let's discuss the newest episode!" party, but here's what I noticed:

I've read interviews where the creator of the show says that what fucked Gus over was emotion. It's not like he fucked up and made a mistake when it came to running his business/employees, but he just REALLY hated Hector. If he didn't opt to kill him himself, he would still be alive. He could have let Tyrus do it, and then he would have easily killed Walt/his family. But emotion ruined his plans.

I see the same thing subtly happening to Mike. Sure, his decision to let that girl live was business over personal (if he doesn't pay those guys the money they lost, they might go crazy and rat Mike out, so he needs to work with Walt to get money now), but he was obviously influenced by emotion over work. He didn't want that girl to grow up without a mom, and that's clearly what led him to make this awful decision to work with Walt and this woman who wanted to kill him just moments ago. This is the moment that will likely fuck over Mike in the long run, and it's VERY personal, in a way.

Jesus, sorry for the length of this one

/

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 26th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

The two last episodes have been seriously random. Just saying.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 07:20 AM Reply

At 7/26/12 09:44 PM, Rawnern wrote: The two last episodes have been seriously random. Just saying.

Explain your logic more and I'll debate you.

Also, this is for you, Bees.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

Rawnern
Rawnern
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 08:21 AM Reply

At 7/27/12 07:20 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 7/26/12 09:44 PM, Rawnern wrote: The two last episodes have been seriously random. Just saying.
Explain your logic more and I'll debate you.

Also, this is for you, Bees.

I know this is the first two episodes, but I really haven't gotten into it yet. I am sure they are planning something big by reversing the story.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 7/27/12 08:21 AM, Rawnern wrote:

I know this is the first two episodes, but I really haven't gotten into it yet. I am sure they are planning something big by reversing the story.

Don't think so, seems like a classic "new partner, bigger DEA risk" kind of story, only with escalated emotional drama.

300th post in thread.
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

This thread needs more fan art.

Breaking Bad (TV show)

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:08 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 05:03 PM, BobyB64 wrote: This thread needs more fan art.

http://vimeo.com/12563032

BBS Signature
MrFap
MrFap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 05:03 PM, BobyB64 wrote: This thread needs more fan art.

Yes it does!
(I don't know if this counts as fan art but whatevar)

Breaking Bad (TV show)

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 11:07 PM Reply

Just saw the episode (I'm late, I know).

Pretty good, But I'm really not a fan of the whole German Company being the actual Kingpin behind Pollos Hermanos. It removes the Omniscience quality of Gus Fring, and in a sense, turns him into a Doombot instead of Doom himself.

Mike's one of this shows stronger characters, however he's allowing himself to be tangeled back into this web, where he already knows this is time to GTFO out of there.

Saul on the other hand WANTS to GTFO out of there, but he's scared as hell of both Mike, and Walter. He's a terrified crooked lawyer who's stuck in a prison.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 27th, 2012 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 7/27/12 11:07 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote:
Saul on the other hand WANTS to GTFO out of there, but he's scared as hell of both Mike, and Walter. He's a terrified crooked lawyer who's stuck in a prison.

I think it's interesting to see how both Skyler and Saul are in the same boat. Both are trapped by Walter and his new drug empire. Maybe they'll come together because of this later on in this season...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 11:34 AM Reply

Another hissy fit by Skylar.

And they were watching Scarface, awesome.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

Ive missed the first couple eps and fell asleep during the third.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 12:21 PM, JBK wrote: Ive missed the first couple eps and fell asleep during the third.

watchseries.eu

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 11:34 AM, Slint wrote: Another hissy fit by Skylar.

Awful character. Last season she was buying carwashes to launder money and seemed happy enough that her husband was a dangerous criminal. Then her fuck buddy hurts his neck and she's an absolute wreck. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll kill herself.

I love that Walt has abandoned all pretext and just wants to be a boss for the sake of being a boss. He could give a shit about his family anymore, he just loves his work.

BBS Signature
JBK
JBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 01:07 PM, Tramps wrote:
i think the series is showing the decline of walt's mental health. Not sure if cancer or he's just going crazy from all the shit he has to do. Series will turn into walt doing something very stupid and ending up getting killed, i think.

Oh he should definitely die. If I believed he had a shred of humanity left I would say his cancer should have been practically cured and leave him to live with the things he has done but there is no going back now.

"Even though you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox
"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those pants are just adorable"-Gagsy
Last.fm

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 01:13 PM, Me-Patch wrote:
At 7/30/12 11:34 AM, Slint wrote: Another hissy fit by Skylar.
Awful character. Last season she was buying carwashes to launder money and seemed happy enough that her husband was a dangerous criminal. Then her fuck buddy hurts his neck and she's an absolute wreck. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll kill herself.

that wasn't the actual reason, that reason was just to appease a curious marie

the real reason was that, during the fourth season finale, she found out that her husband is a cold-blooded murderer of a drug empire

prior to gus' death, she thought he was just a victim, a good man in the wrong situation working for the wrong people

but then she finds out that he is, in fact, the wrong person

I love that Walt has abandoned all pretext and just wants to be a boss for the sake of being a boss. He could give a shit about his family anymore, he just loves his work.

yeah, this show is about the gradual decline in morality of walter white- first doing what he did for the love of his family, but gradually loses his sense of ethics for money and power

Creator of the Death Note club
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 02:14 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 7/30/12 01:13 PM, Me-Patch wrote:
that wasn't the actual reason, that reason was just to appease a curious marie

And also to make his wife look like a hunk of shit while simultaneously scoring sympathy points for himself. The way he ate the apple afterwards looked to me like he was thinking about how stupid everyone is but him. He's been exerting dominance over everyone around him this season. Like how he threatened to slit Jessie's throat for undercutting him infront of Mike.

the real reason was that, during the fourth season finale, she found out that her husband is a cold-blooded murderer of a drug empire

prior to gus' death, she thought he was just a victim, a good man in the wrong situation working for the wrong people

I realized as much, but she knew it was either Walt or Gus so I don't get why she wasn't relieved that he did what he did. I get that Walter is a full on bad guy now, but you think she would have had enough time to mentally prepare for it and not do a complete 180 over night.

Not that I'm disappointed about it or anything else this season, it's just fun to nitpick at things that you like.

yeah, this show is about the gradual decline in morality of walter white- first doing what he did for the love of his family, but gradually loses his sense of ethics for money and power

And I loves me an antihero protagonist, so I couldn't be happier.

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 03:16 PM Reply

Each episode I watch I feel worse and worse for Jessie. He's only doing alot of bad ations because Walter's telling him too. He also has (had?) a family.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 03:16 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote: Each episode I watch I feel worse and worse for Jessie. He's only doing alot of bad ations because Walter's telling him too. He also has (had?) a family.

jessie's a victim, there's no doubt about that

i wonder what his ultimate fate will be, what the high life will do for him in the end of walter white's power quest?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 03:44 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 7/30/12 02:45 PM, Me-Patch wrote: Like how he threatened to slit Jessie's throat for undercutting him infront of Mike.
Wait, that was a threat?

I think you can look at it several different ways. I took it as Walt saying that Mike is acting like Victor, meaning that he's an underling he's forgetting his place...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Well for a little while there in season 4 I thought maybe Skylar was starting to not be a bitch but here we go again. Walt's being a terrible person too, though, cause you don't make like 100k or however much it was in a day for 1/4 the work you did at your old job and then complain about it.

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a single character in this show who only shows up once and I love it, even the junkyard owner from way back when they destroyed the RV came back a couple episodes ago.

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 03:47 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 7/30/12 03:44 PM, Tramps wrote:
At 7/30/12 02:45 PM, Me-Patch wrote: Like how he threatened to slit Jessie's throat for undercutting him infront of Mike.
Wait, that was a threat?
I think you can look at it several different ways. I took it as Walt saying that Mike is acting like Victor, meaning that he's an underling he's forgetting his place...

I disagree. Walter and Mike were engaged in an important negotiation that was about alot more than the money, Walter would have probably had his way but then Jessie opened his mouth when he shouldn't have. Walter gave him a look like 'you motherfucker'. Five seconds later he's tossing around veiled threats about presumptuous underlings being dealt with for just that type of behavior. Then when he walks away the camera lingers on a visibly shaken Jessie's face.

I think the message was sent loud and clear.

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 04:23 PM, Bees wrote: but remember earlier on, saul was like "you okay with this? him handling the business?" and walt goes "yeah, he can handle the business. and i'll handle him." walter white has this warped view that he's still master of it all when he really isn't necessary. jesse can cook. mike can do business. he still sees himself as a king, noticeably when he brought up "this is less than with gus" (i can't spell his last name).

Walter wants to be the boss. It's his formula, and he's the genius chemist. He's working with Mike because he needs Mike's distribution network. If anyone is expendable it's Jessie, he's just a glorified lab assistant.

"just because you killed jesse james, don't make you jesse james" pretty much sums up the reality of the situation. great line. i don't think walt has the capacity to kill jesse anyway. when has he ever shot someone? stabbed someone? killed anyone directly? 4 seasons ago

Aside from Gus I guess he hasn't killed anyone since season three when he ran down the two dealers and then shot them. I think he is capable of killing Jessie though, I think that he's a much more dangerous character this season, and that everything that he is doing is calculated twords his own goals. I don't think that he will kill Jessie, I think that the threat was his way of telling Jessie to stay in his place.

yeah yeah walt's diminishing mental health blah blah gonna die later on. i do hope he dies. at first i thought this change in him would be great, but then i realized he's scary for no reason. he barely has money and he has literally no power. i don't see why people are intimidated by him at all.

I disagree. I don't think his mental health is diminishing, and I don't think he's scary for no reason. I think he has become Jesse James, or that he will be soon. The not having any money thing was just an outward excuse to keep going, he just made over a hundred grand and he owns a carwash, he could quit any time he wants. Everything that he has done this season has been coldly calculated, and all of it is working. Wether the other characters realize it or not, they all answer to him.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

Also was that a threat at Mike? Or Jesse?

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 04:46 PM, Me-Patch wrote:

Aside from Gus I guess he hasn't killed anyone since season three when he ran down the two dealers and then shot them.

To recount everyone Walt has killed, we've got Crazy 8 and Emilio from the beginning, the 2 dealers he hit with his car and shot, arguably Jesse's girlfriend on accident because he rolled her onto her back, Gabe by extension because he told Jesse to kill him, then in the season 4 finale after he and Hector blow up Gus and Tyrus he goes back to the lab and kills the 2 guys watching Jesse while he cooks.

So Walt has certainly killed a few people.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:23 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: To recount everyone Walt has killed, we've got Crazy 8 and Emilio from the beginning, the 2 dealers he hit with his car and shot, arguably Jesse's girlfriend on accident because he rolled her onto her back, Gabe by extension because he told Jesse to kill him, then in the season 4 finale after he and Hector blow up Gus and Tyrus he goes back to the lab and kills the 2 guys watching Jesse while he cooks.

So Walt has certainly killed a few people.

Deep down I think Walt is still a good guy

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:37 PM, EJR wrote:

Deep down I think Walt is still a good guy

I think he's just enjoying that he's in charge of something for pretty much the first time in his life but is letting it get to his head a little. Almost like a revenge of the nerds type thing. Except with more people being killed and dissolved in acid.

e-lord
e-lord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 04:57 PM, Slint wrote: Also was that a threat at Mike? Or Jesse?

mike

walt mentioned taking liberties that weren't his to take, which he believed mike was doing (giving money to gus' men) and he was the one taking money

jesse didn't really do anything

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) Jul. 30th, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 7/30/12 05:46 PM, e-lord wrote:
At 7/30/12 04:57 PM, Slint wrote: Also was that a threat at Mike? Or Jesse?
mike

walt mentioned taking liberties that weren't his to take, which he believed mike was doing (giving money to gus' men) and he was the one taking money

jesse didn't really do anything

Ha, so I thought.
Pretty good moment.

BBS Signature