00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Breaking Bad (TV show)

72,220 Views | 760 Replies

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-31 10:11:13

At 8/31/12 12:00 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
Walk is almost cartoonishly evil. But he maintains enough realism, since he's clearly demented. He's become the embodiment of pride and greed, and has basically switched places with Jesse, except he knows what he's doing. Most of the time.

He's a cartoonish villain because all he knows about being a drug lord knows it from movies like Scarface. Remember at the end of season 1 when he had the meeting with Tuco in the junkyard and Jesse told him something like "you watch too many movies" (I don't remember the exact line) and now that he's in charge he is speaking and acting in ways that he 'expects' somebody of his status to be, it is all a front.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-31 10:17:23

At 8/31/12 12:00 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 8/30/12 11:52 PM, Chocomilk wrote: But that being said if you thought season two was fucked up, don't go on to season five because it's just uncomfortable to watch sometimes. Or most of the time, actually.
Yeah, seriously. Walk is almost cartoonishly evil. But he maintains enough realism, since he's clearly demented. He's become the embodiment of pride and greed, and has basically switched places with Jesse, except he knows what he's doing. Most of the time.

The thing about walt is like I said before, he is a tragic Hero straight from Poetics. He has an answer for everything, so far and seems to be an unstoppable force. However that tragic flaw he has within himself will lead to his downfal.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.

For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 17:04:01

Only five more hours until tonight's episodes guys and then we'll have to wait until 2013 to see what else is in store for Walter...

Any predictions from you guys on what's going to be happening tonight? I personally feel like at the the end of the episode, Hank is going to figure out that Walt is Heisenberg and that'll be our season ending cliffhanger...

Breaking Bad (TV show)

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 17:28:46

At 9/2/12 05:04 PM, ZJ wrote: Only five more hours until tonight's episodes guys and then we'll have to wait until 2013 to see what else is in store for Walter...

Any predictions from you guys on what's going to be happening tonight? I personally feel like at the the end of the episode, Hank is going to figure out that Walt is Heisenberg and that'll be our season ending cliffhanger...

I think Walt is going to do something dangerous relating to drugs, and Walt Jr will once again not make an appearance.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 17:31:55

At 9/2/12 05:04 PM, ZJ wrote: Only five more hours until tonight's episodes guys and then we'll have to wait until 2013 to see what else is in store for Walter...

Another flash-forward will be shown, probably at the beginning of the episode and it will end with a HUGE cliffhanger.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 22:04:06

If Skyler doesn't die, I will be extremely upset.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 23:04:25

Can't wait for 2013. I'm putting myself in cryogenic stasis until then.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 23:04:51

Ya got me all right.

I'm re-watching this again tomorrow.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 23:06:50

At 9/2/12 05:04 PM, ZJ wrote:
I personally feel like at the the end of the episode, Hank is going to figure out that Walt is Heisenberg and that'll be our season ending cliffhanger...

Called it. I can't believe I was right.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 23:07:46

And now to wait a year.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 23:08:06

How did Hank instantly make that connection and why would this suddenly make him so sure Walter was Heisenberg. He joked before about him being Heisenberg because of the initials, so why does seeming them again make it so he's sure? I'm guessing if I saw what the whole insert in that book said I would understand, but I couldn't see it with the shitty quality from a live stream. I'll probably download the episode tomorrow and rewatch the whole thing. I missed the intro anyway.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-02 23:26:54

At 9/2/12 11:08 PM, Makeshift wrote: How did Hank instantly make that connection and why would this suddenly make him so sure Walter was Heisenberg. He joked before about him being Heisenberg because of the initials, so why does seeming them again make it so he's sure? I'm guessing if I saw what the whole insert in that book said I would understand, but I couldn't see it with the shitty quality from a live stream. I'll probably download the episode tomorrow and rewatch the whole thing. I missed the intro anyway.

The dedication in the book was initialed with Gale's initials so that's what did it.

Anyone know what episode Gale gave the book to Walt? I don't remember it at all. Also, why wouldn't you rip that front page out Walt? Well it wouldn't hurt to see him get caught when he was still in the business, much more tragic to have it happen after he is done.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 00:37:38

Anyone know if and when these are going to be repeated because I have only been able to watch one episode this season.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 00:39:38

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hanks face was too good.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 01:05:57

I don't know about you, but I was kind of hoping that Hank would have been standing at Jesse's door. I would have been like "Whoooooaaaa."

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 03:24:59

At 9/3/12 12:36 AM, Bees wrote: "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A gift given to him from Gale is exactly the thing he'd remember and get rid of. It's been there all this time and we're supposed to believe Walt never remembered it or noticed it?

And gale's really so retarded he's giving personally signed gifts to his co-workers in an illegal business and keeping notes about it at home?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Some anon said last week he hoped they didn't pull some shit like with Gale's journal and they did! Hank's had all the evidence he has needed to suspect Walt, going back to chemistry equipment missing in season 1. It would've been much more satisfying if he just thought about the
"beer is like chemistry"
comment while taking a shit and realized, "you know what else is like chemistry? Cooking fucking meth!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

/finale

Bees stop trying to find things wrong with Breaking Bad. I'll admit that you're right a lot of the time but seriously. Hank had all the evidence he needed to suspect a meek high school chemistry teacher who's never held a gun before in his life until Hank made him and who had just gotten diagnosed with terminal cancer could be a ruthless drug lord making the purest meth the world had ever seen and killing others in the process. Really, look at him in the first season again and forget about watching his transformation. Now try to imagine this poor guy running a successful drug business and killing Gus Fring.

Also keep in mind that Gale was at home cooking when the notebook was found. Not only was it right where he could see it, but if a neighbor came in to ask for something they wouldn't know what the hell was in it and they probably wouldn't care to look through a book labeled "lab notes". He probably took it out to review something while he was home, and he'd hide it when he wasn't. Common sense.

The him putting the initials, obviously nobody is going to know what G.B. means, Walt could just pass it off. The only reason for that to be dangerous was if Gale was caught and somebody who would read both the lab notes dedication and the book dedication would be able to make the connection. Obviously Gale probably assumed that Walt would keep the evidence hidden if that situation was possible.

On Walt not throwing away the notebook, I'll admit you've got me there. He obviously felt horrible about Gale dying, so I guess it would be all poetic or some shit to say that his last shred of morality (keeping Gale's dedication to him in tribute to his death or whatever) was is downfall. I don't know.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 04:06:18

At 9/3/12 03:44 AM, Bees wrote: this isn't my post but i guess i'll defend it anyway since it's like ritual for me to do this anyway. ugh i hated the end "everything is a fairytale. jesse is okay with mike being killed. all the jailed guys are dead. lydia is cool! walt is out! walter jr lotions is baby sister's porcelain skin! skyler has a few lines which make her less of an insufferable cunt but oh god when the close up went to her and she tried to smirk at walt at the pool party! disgusting! but OH NO hank has to DO A POOP and it's HARMLESS but then he needs to READ and what does he FIND? WALTER WHITMENAS'S DIARIES OH MY GOOOOOOOOD CLIFFHANGER

fuck right the fuck off. it wasn't climatic it was predictable as shit and it was the laziest thing thus far in this season, being beat by "uh similar situations in which hank has hit a breakthrough/dead end in one of his HEISENBERG CASES, then at a dinner party walter gives him FOOD FOR THOUGHT which HINTS HE MIGHT BE A GENIUS METH COOK but /nope/" for the top spot of the entire series. honestly if i were hank i would have suspected walter until around season 3 for these reasons:

stuff stolen from chemistry lab
the odd behavior from walt
the fact that the meth is so fucking pure. seriously walter is a fucking nobel prize winning chemist. really?

hank has fucking minerals for brains dude

i wonder why i watch this show it's not particularly terrible and it is sort of interesting but i'm tired of people praising its writing and calling it the best show on television. since when is being able to predict something from eons away "good"? this season was fucking trash compared to the rest. boring, filled with unnecessary skyler + marie scenes and contradicting character developments (i am still not nor will i ever be over the complete idiocy of mike's death despite someone giving the reason "this shows walt can kill just because he can" because the events leading up to it were retarded and unjustifiable). if walt is supposed to be this cold hearted badass who orchestrates and calls for the killing of 12 men without even flinching why the fuck would he give two shits about gale?

please don't tell me he forgot because throughout the entire series he's been so calculated and smart. who the fuck leaves a book from a former partner in an illegal drug empire lying around in the guest bathroom?

and if someone else starts going on about the symbolism in this series "wow walter jr is wearing stripes its symbolism 4 him preaprin himself 4 his dad bein behind bars heh so good"

cripwalks2otherthreads

Okay I laughed at "Hank has fucking minerals for brains".

Alright yeah, you make really good points. The Mike thing was badly done as it was clear that Mike trusted Jesse with doing dangerous jobs before then (he had him go to get barrels of Methylamine from Lydia). The book thing, I don't know but he was clearly kinda sad about the whole Gale thing but I guess he should've wised up and threw the page away as he changed more and more. The Walter Jr. thing I think you should email Vince Gilligan and tell him to include that somehow, just because it would be ridiculous.

I still stand by the "nobody would suspect someone like Walter" argument since putting myself in Hanks shoes, I would've attributed his odd behavior with the cancer and the missing materials and the purity, well, those would be suspicious but if I were Hank I honestly wouldn't have given Walt any thought. Hank's known Walt for years and they're family. But I'll admit it's really suspicious yeah, so i don't know.

I think we're just looking into this too much to be honest. I think it's much easier to sit back and watch the show without thinking of all these things.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 04:36:45

At 9/3/12 04:27 AM, 24901miles wrote: Calling it now:

2013: standoff between Walt and Hank with guns drawn

'Walt, you don't want to do this.'

Hank's already dead by then.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 09:27:44

Why I think Walter kept the book now: it is an ego booster. A man he help kill writing about how much he respects him as a person because of what an amazing chemist is. A small gesture that Walt wants to keep around if he ever wants to feed his pride, the smallest little piece being all Hank needs to bring it all crashing down. Also, it wouldn't have been as tragic to see Walt get caught when he was still in the business.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 11:07:09

WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY MENTION THAT THING WALT TOOK AFTER THE COFFEE WITH LYDIA?

What was that anyway?
Did he poison her?

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 19:24:30

The series could have ended here (not that I want it to, but it would give us an "oh shit Hank found out and we don't know how it REALLY ends" type of ending.

Who wants to take bets that everything past Walt sitting in on that DEA raid with Hank in season 1 was just Walt considering what would happen if he really did sell meth, and he decides against it, and dies of cancer?

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 19:50:41

At 9/3/12 07:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: The series could have ended here (not that I want it to, but it would give us an "oh shit Hank found out and we don't know how it REALLY ends" type of ending.

Who wants to take bets that everything past Walt sitting in on that DEA raid with Hank in season 1 was just Walt considering what would happen if he really did sell meth, and he decides against it, and dies of cancer?

Honestly, I would really love if the series ended on a cliffhanger this massive. Hank was going to find out eventually, it was just a matter of when and how.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 20:02:25

At 9/3/12 07:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Who wants to take bets that everything past Walt sitting in on that DEA raid with Hank in season 1 was just Walt considering what would happen if he really did sell meth, and he decides against it, and dies of cancer?

I would cut off my dick. I swear to god, they do that, and I'm out for good.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 20:28:47

Some other things that I haven't seen talked about yet. Showing and not telling, this episode was great at it. They never tell you that Walter's cancer is back, but the fly and punched out towel dispenser lets you know. Same goes for Hank's stare. It shows you that he knows with out just flat out telling you.

Also, maybe I am interpreting this the wrong way, but I think Walt asking about why they troubled with the RV was his way of telling Jesse he cares about him. Walter stuck with the RV because he enjoyed being with Jesse, even though he hid it all they way through. He didn't want to come out and tell Jesse that (they don't have that kind of relationship) so he told him, with out telling him.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 20:45:34

At 9/3/12 08:02 PM, BobyB64 wrote:
At 9/3/12 07:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Who wants to take bets that everything past Walt sitting in on that DEA raid with Hank in season 1 was just Walt considering what would happen if he really did sell meth, and he decides against it, and dies of cancer?
I would cut off my dick. I swear to god, they do that, and I'm out for good.

How about this whole time Walter was dreaming and he's still working @ graymatter.
:ho ho ho.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 21:31:05

SERIES END PREDICTIONS Now is the time to post them.

Hank is all like "aw gawd this can't be happening" and goes back to the party and everyone's all "jesus hanky what took ya so long did you eat some of maries cooking before you came heh heh heh" and Hank goes "yo walt boi come see me here in the corner where nobody but your wife can overhear us."

So Hank tries to get an explanation from Walt that doesn't involve him being a ruthless drug lord, and Walt doesn't know what to do or how he was caught. So he goes, "Hey Hank, wanna try some of this peruvian corn starch" and poisons the shit out of Hank.

So Skyler knows what happened and she's all "walt you asshole" and Walt's all "I did what I had to do I'm the king woman". Then he SLLAAAAAPS her ass and she brings him a beer. Then he kills her and eats Walter Jr. and goes under a new name with Hollie.

And the reason Hollie wasn't seen in the 5th season opener was because Walt grew sentimental about leaving Hollie trapped in a 90 degree car like Skyler would always do. And the gun, well, since Walt's a cannibal he's probably going to use it to eat the waitress or something I don't know.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-03 23:27:15

To think if Hank didn't, like, eat a bran muffin or something to get some fiber, he might never have caught Walt.

Pooping saves the day yet again.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-04 00:51:12

The episode was great. I love both the montage of the killings on the jails and the cooking/distribution/getting a lot of money and I felt nostalgic with those details who remind us about past seasons (the fly, the beaten dispenser at the hospital and obviously the Walter and Jesse chat about the old RV). And man, that cliffhanger was HUGE, I kind of know that Hank would find out about Walt but I never thought it would be that way, I thought maybe someone would told the DEA about Walt (maybe Todd) but that was a mistake of Walter change the whole dynamic of the show and I can't wait how Hank will confront Walt (fuck, I have to wait a whole freaking year!!!) .

Btw, does anyone remember when Gale gave the book to Walt? Sorry if it was already answered but I don't feel like reading Bees' long rantings.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-04 01:30:35

At 9/3/12 11:27 PM, Jester wrote: To think if Hank didn't, like, eat a bran muffin or something to get some fiber, he might never have caught Walt.

Pooping saves the day yet again.

What if... Walter Jr knew about his father all along and made Hank eat a Fiber Enriched Donut so he can find Gale's Journal and piece it all together?

Walt Jr saved the day via Breakfast again.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-09-04 06:02:45

The half season finale was great!

Except the part where that Neo-Nazi guy made a reference to Usama Bin Laden getting killed, the series is supposed to take place in 2008 so within the context of the universe that statement doesn't make sense...

Other than that it was awesome!

Watch Shark Black HERE Watch CoolJaw HERE

BBS Signature