New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-07-31 18:25:48 Reply

At 7/27/12 05:03 PM, BobyB64 wrote: This thread needs more fan art.

I really really like to doodle Walter because his face is just a playground of wrinkles.

Breaking Bad (TV show)

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-02 22:43:29 Reply

At 7/31/12 06:20 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
It was a one time mention

That's actually not true. Check out the text at the bottom of this image from the season 3 episode "Kafkaesque". That was in the show. They've been leading up to this for a while. Vince Gilligan doesn't do a whole lot of things for no reason.

Breaking Bad (TV show)

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
ASSHAT-ISLAND
ASSHAT-ISLAND
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-02 22:45:53 Reply

Sounds alright. I might try watching it. :)

I like asshats :3

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-02 22:55:17 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:43 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 7/31/12 06:20 PM, RacistBassist wrote:
It was a one time mention
That's actually not true. Check out the text at the bottom of this image from the season 3 episode "Kafkaesque". That was in the show. They've been leading up to this for a while. Vince Gilligan doesn't do a whole lot of things for no reason.

You've got to agree with this, Los Pollos Hermanos didn't just start from the ground up. Gus just didn't instantly become an owner of many restaurant fronts. Something bigger is always just close behind.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-02 23:12:36 Reply

At 8/2/12 10:43 PM, ZJ wrote:

I never noticed that. It's great to know that Vince Gilligan has a whole plan for the show unlike other shows that seems to have a huge masterplan but it's just the writers making it all along the way (*cough* lost *cough)

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
Brewster
Brewster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-05 17:47:42 Reply

I'm loving these discussions. One thing I noticed towards the end of season 4 was that Walt was doing a lot more drinking than normal. Obviously the most significant instance being when Walt told Hank that Gale wasn't Heisenberg in a drunken splendor. And I'm pretty sure every episode so far (1, 2, and 3) this season feature Walt with some kind of alcoholic drink. I'm probably blowing this out of proportion, but I hypothesize that Walt will develop an addiction to the booze and it will play a part in his downfall. I don't know, we'll see.

Also, did anyone else start brewing up theories when Walt and Jesse were watching the Three Stooges after the cook in episode 3? Maybe the 3 Amigos (as Saul refers to Walt, Jesse, and himself) are actually the 3 Stooges. Maybe Mike is playing them by taking more money than he needs, so he can give it to his grand daughter. Although I don't think Mike would do that to Jesse. But who knows, in the words of Walter White, "There's no better reason than family."

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-05 17:50:14 Reply

At 7/31/12 06:25 PM, Jester wrote:
I really really like to doodle Walter because his face is just a playground of wrinkles.

I agree.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-05 23:56:40 Reply

Walt sold the Aztek.

R.I.P. Aztek

Breaking Bad (TV show)

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 00:00:17 Reply

At 8/5/12 11:56 PM, ZJ wrote: Walt sold the Aztek.

R.I.P. Aztek

I'm pretty upset by this, it would be like changing out the hat for a cowboy hat.

BBS Signature
TheCupcakeArmy
TheCupcakeArmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 00:00:44 Reply

R.I.P. Aztek

So sad :( new car's nice though

BBS Signature
estrago1
estrago1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 00:02:08 Reply

R.I.P. Aztek

So many memories...

Breaking Bad (TV show)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 08:57:33 Reply

Goddamn it, Skyler is the worst character on television. I have never wanted to punch a character in the face so much in my life.

Look at this punchable face.

Breaking Bad (TV show)

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 09:00:46 Reply

Skyler is crazy. Completely crazy now. This is going to end with the kids dying, and Walt being so distraught he kills everyone.

Why has no one mentioned Jesse breaking up with Andrea? Seems pretty important at the moment, especially because Walt in directly talked him into it.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 09:57:52 Reply

there is only one breaking and that is breaking Benjamin

*Kicks your bedroom door open at 4:20am*
*karate chops your TV*
"Dude, it was just a prank. Come on"

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 14:53:26 Reply

I understand that Skylar can't be Mary Poppins, but she doesn't have to a complete twat about Walt. Then again, Walt shouldn't have been so inclusive that she had to work for Ted and get involved with Ted's bullshit.
Other than that, and Lydia, it was a good episode. I'm really itching to find out what will happen with Hank,with what Ejit pointed out.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 15:36:37 Reply

Oh and another note, when Marie revealed that Skylar was having an affair, it kind of seemed like a foreshadow to if Hank might find out Walt's true secret. Just him in shock, that Skylar was the one with the affair, and she didn't even seem like she would do it. Hank's assumption of Walt because of the 2nd cellphone, and always "going away."

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 17:50:31 Reply

Skylar getting home, seeing the two cars occupying her parking space and going elsewhere was priceless.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-06 22:45:13 Reply

At 8/5/12 05:50 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 7/31/12 06:25 PM, Jester wrote:
I agree.

Yeah that gave me the idea. I watched a bunch of Ukinojoe's stuff and went on a spree of drawing characters cartoony-like as opposed to my normal style. I admit my Walter isn't 100% original.

I'm not sure whether or not to believe Lydia planted the GPS tracker kajigger. It makes sense for her to have put it on the outside where she could pretend to find it, but on the other hand she doesn't strike me as clever or brave enough to do so, especially when like 2 episodes ago Mike was pressing a gun to her head. Regardless, I think we'll see plenty more of her, it seems like they've given her too much of a unique personality to just kill her off soon.

Didn't really get the whole think with Walt giving Skyler a stack of money. I guess it has to do with Ted cause he's always the source of her bitching but I still missed the point of it.

creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-07 00:54:20 Reply

At 8/6/12 09:46 AM, Tramps wrote: I went back and watched the intro to S05E01 and noticed it was his 52nd birthday so we know the events that take place are literally a year from today. I hope that they draw out this story arc to about Episode 9 or 10 and spend the last 3 with future, hairy Walt.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I have no clue was going to happen, but I'm guessing Mr. Lambert ("hairy Walt") will be another Walt's personality; if you think about it, Heisenberg was "born" the moment Walt shaved his head and started to use the hat, maybe what's going to happen in this year (before Walt's 52 birthday) is gonna be so shocking and spectacular that Heisenberg will "die" and a new persona will born and he will be more ruthless and badass than Heisenberg (based on the huge M60 he bought).

At 8/6/12 10:45 PM, Jester wrote:
Didn't really get the whole think with Walt giving Skyler a stack of money. I guess it has to do with Ted cause he's always the source of her bitching but I still missed the point of it.

It was something like that, Walt was basically saying "I'm making back the money you gave to Ted" or at least that's the way I got it.

It's been a great season so far, even this one has been the weakest episode so far, but still so much happened and they're just setting up everything to the series finale. It's a shame that there's only 4 episodes left this year and we have to wait another year to watch the 8 final episodes.

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-07 01:24:39 Reply

i like walter jr.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-08 12:18:41 Reply

At 8/6/12 03:22 PM, Bees wrote:
At 8/6/12 09:46 AM, Tramps wrote: now that jumpy bitch who gets them the methylamine.
i like her

Also, it should've made sense before but it only became apparent to me in this episode. I went back and watched the intro to S05E01 and noticed it was his 52nd
51st

why don't people like lydia? other than she tried to kill off the 11 people (and mike) who could endanger her and her company (guessing she runs it).

anyway i didn't like walt this episode cause he's a vindictive cunt. i appreciate skylar's efforts to get the kids away even if walt jr is a fucking spoiled bratty shit. holy shit the entire bacon scene when he was like COMON MAWM NO NO 51 51 51 like shut the fuck up already you useless. utterly moronic and irrelevant character. i don't even know why they made him have cerebral palsy (i know the actor has it in real life) but if it was to make walter's life before drugs seem extremely fucked up, boring and meaningless, kudos, the job was done 4 seasons ago. if any family member deserves to be killed it's walter jr

i enjoyed the pool scene and each scene with lydia in it because the series became a real sausage fest and it's kind of a breath of fresh air to have an arguably attractive new character.

I don't see how anyone can truly hate Walter Jr. He's completely oblivious to everything that's going on and he (at that moment) was glad that his family is together.

I think Ejit hit it on the head. This episode pretty much revealed that it's going to be Skylar who's going to do away with Walt. Like with Gustavo, it's the whole "David vs Goliath" battle all over again. Instead of Gustavo being the Goliath, that role has been given to Walt, with Skylar as the "David".

Jesse Pinkman will get off the hook at the end I believe as well.

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-08 12:26:23 Reply

At 8/8/12 12:18 PM, DarkShadowblade wrote:
This episode pretty much revealed that it's going to be Skylar who's going to do away with Walt.

I think you're doing the show a tremendous disservice by stating something like that. We've still got a long way to go before this thing ends. For all we know, Walt might die next episode and we'll get to see Jesse put the pieces together after his demise.

We just don't know if it'll be Skyler, Hank, Jesse, Mike, Walt's cancer or whoever who will be the one to finish off Walt. There's so many different ways this train could come to an end.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-08 12:27:28 Reply

I think the series will end with Walter eating out Skyler while stuffing Marie meanwhile bukkake with Hank and Walter Jr. in Lydia's mouth and in the end Mike and Jesse come along and shit in everyone's mouth and they all sometimes do or when calculator.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-08 12:41:08 Reply

Walt's entire family probably dies and then grows back his hair, buys a gun, hunts down the guy(s) that killed them. Hopefully the first eight epidsodes end with the family dying, then the next eight focus on new Walt. I like Walt when he has hair.

creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-08 16:51:07 Reply

At 8/8/12 12:26 PM, ZJ wrote:
For all we know, Walt might die next episode and we'll get to see Jesse put the pieces together after his demise.

We already know that Walt will be alive one year from now (his 52 Birthday) he'll have a new identity and a new look and he'll be ready for action.

Breaking Bad (TV show)

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-08 19:02:03 Reply

Dear Vince Gilligan:

Enough with the entry level symbolism and foreshadowing.

Sincerely,

Someone-Who-Watches-Your-Overrated-Show

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-12 14:05:55 Reply

I wasn't happy with the last episode, it's been seeming more like a soap opera lately. Especially with Skyler's bitchyness level rising each moment. All we need next is an evil twin sister, who is actually Walt's father.

Hoping the new episode brings a little more action and plot to the table.

BBS Signature
Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-12 16:17:31 Reply

At 8/12/12 02:05 PM, Razz wrote: I wasn't happy with the last episode, it's been seeming more like a soap opera lately. Especially with Skyler's bitchyness level rising each moment. All we need next is an evil twin sister, who is actually Walt's father.

Hoping the new episode brings a little more action and plot to the table.

I agree with this, although i'm not looking for more action, it just seems like the finality of it all isn't going down how I imagined. That's no reason for me to get mad or not watch it though.

Also, Gilligan basically said shit goes down on episodes 5 and 7 on his podcast. So i'm pretty damn excited for tonight.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-12 23:22:20 Reply

Fucking Todd.

Loved the episode though, definitely the biggest nail biter so far this season. I love when they have a cryptic opening become clear in the closing moments of the episode. Reminds me of the season two episode that opens with an illegal crossing the border with Tuco's grill. I think that next episode will be the Jesse episode I've been waiting for since he hasn't been the main focal point in any episode this season yet.

So yes, very pleased with this one, but when Breaking Bad does action, I don't think it ever misses.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Boomstick
Boomstick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Melancholy
Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2012-08-12 23:41:07 Reply

Finally left the whole "drama" of Skylar and everyone, and made some good action.
Todd though, damn I thought he was a smart guy. Never knew he would be stupid and irrational.
I wonder if Walt will tell Jesse the truth next week.

BBS Signature