New Topic Respond to this Topic
Andre
Andre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
I'm sad... 2011-07-08 16:51:37 Reply

It seems like a lot of the submissions in the portal or not animators trying to have fun anymore. It just seems like they are trying to get out something fast, fill it with advertisements, and get as much money as possible. Don't get me wrong, there is still great content, but not like there used to be...

What do you think?

Rouker
Rouker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to I'm sad... 2011-07-08 16:54:46 Reply

well some are. there are still quite alot who does it for the fun.

Click mah sig.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to I'm sad... 2011-07-08 16:57:19 Reply

i like to imagine ponys fucking..
that always puts me in a good place

call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Rouker
Rouker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to I'm sad... 2011-07-08 16:58:24 Reply

At 7/8/11 04:57 PM, tox wrote: i like to imagine ponys fucking..
that always puts me in a good place

well arent you a charmer.

Click mah sig.

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to I'm sad... 2011-07-08 17:02:09 Reply

There are a lot of factors at play that both agree with and challenge your statement.

Of those factors, the first two prominent ones I can think of:

- it could be that as an aficionado of flash animation, your tastes are changing as you view more and more flashes - what used to be entertaining is now dull because you've seen it so many times. Looking back at animations from the early 00's, I only remember the good ones because I didn't care for the bad ones, and they were still pretty numerous.

-it's becoming increasingly easier for users to get their hands on flash, in my opinion anyway. This may contribute to a growing number of new users spitting out 1 poor animation and then calling in quits, though this still happened in the past.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Andre
Andre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I'm sad... 2011-07-08 17:07:40 Reply

At 7/8/11 05:02 PM, STEM wrote: There are a lot of factors at play that both agree with and challenge your statement.

Of those factors, the first two prominent ones I can think of:

- it could be that as an aficionado of flash animation, your tastes are changing as you view more and more flashes - what used to be entertaining is now dull because you've seen it so many times. Looking back at animations from the early 00's, I only remember the good ones because I didn't care for the bad ones, and they were still pretty numerous.

-it's becoming increasingly easier for users to get their hands on flash, in my opinion anyway. This may contribute to a growing number of new users spitting out 1 poor animation and then calling in quits, though this still happened in the past.

Yeah, I think it's a mixture of both of those, especially the second one. Since a lot of people now can easily pirate flash CSx, they can get it without having to make it worth there time. I bought CS3 a few years ago, and I really dove into because I wanted to get my full moneys worth and I had huge amounts of fun. If I would have got it for free, I don't think I would have took it that seriously and just made some crappy, useless flashes.