00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dishonored - Bethesda's new game

13,159 Views | 157 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-08 23:06:19

At 10/8/12 10:05 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: I loved it when people on gamefaqs were complaining about how 4 hours was so short.

It kind of is. Paying 60 dollars for 4 hours of enjoyment isn't exactly ideal.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-08 23:18:44

At 10/8/12 11:06 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 10/8/12 10:05 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: I loved it when people on gamefaqs were complaining about how 4 hours was so short.
It kind of is. Paying 60 dollars for 4 hours of enjoyment isn't exactly ideal.

I doubt most people will play this once and only enjoy it once. Also, who's going to rush through a game like this?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 06:32:30

If I can do a no kill run "Including bosses" then I'll like it a lot so far seen in reviews that you can stealth past everything but no one mentions if you're forced to kill the main people you're tasked with taking down, I've always loved going through metal gear solid games with 0 kills I want to do here anyone know if the bosses are forced to kill them or can knock them out & win?

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 08:37:52

At 10/9/12 06:32 AM, KiDX05 wrote: that you can stealth past everything but no one mentions if you're forced to kill the main people you're tasked with taking down, I've always loved going through metal gear solid games with 0 kills I want to do here anyone know if the bosses are forced to kill them or can knock them out & win?

You can knock them out and win. NO ONE CAN DIE, even by suicide and objects.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 15:40:09

Should be here any minute now... any minute...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 16:32:49

I'm not good at making decisions in games. I don't know whether to play all kill-anyone-in-my-way or minimal casualties or what. Perhaps just whatever I feel like doing at the moment. I feel like this game will probably reward players for playing as stealthy as possible, though, ala Dark Brotherhood bonuses in The Elder Scrolls. We shall see.

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 17:00:42

Installing game data...

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 17:29:05

I really want this game but the "Clean Hands" achievement is fucking ridiculous. I remember attempting Deus Ex with a similar cheevo and it just pissed me off to no end. I hate doing stealth, especially on assassination targets.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 17:45:32

At 10/9/12 05:29 PM, simon wrote: I really want this game but the "Clean Hands" achievement is fucking ridiculous. I remember attempting Deus Ex with a similar cheevo and it just pissed me off to no end. I hate doing stealth, especially on assassination targets.

That achievement was pretty easy in HR. But it might be harder in this. But Deus Ex didn't have magic.

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-09 21:24:27

It was hard as hell, but I was able to spare Campbell (Via branding) and spare that other guy on my first run. Man, this game is as extensive as it says it is. I was pretty shocked by the amount of things you could do.

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 01:18:24

uuuuh... I think I'm almost done my first playthrough already. uh... shit.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 03:37:59

At 10/8/12 04:40 PM, Jester wrote: If there was a game I could have sex with, it'd be this.

Let me think.......thinking...... no wait......yes.... no... Well not sex, but still very close.

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 09:15:34

At 10/10/12 01:18 AM, Makeshift wrote: uuuuh... I think I'm almost done my first playthrough already. uh... shit.

It's really that short, huh?

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 14:01:13

At 10/10/12 09:15 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/10/12 01:18 AM, Makeshift wrote: uuuuh... I think I'm almost done my first playthrough already. uh... shit.
It's really that short, huh?

Went on a bit longer than I thought there, but still... about 8 hours of not really exploring everything, but not rushing through either. Disappointed with the length and I feel like the devs lied when talking about the game. There's a lot less to do than I was lead to believe and I could finish this thing in one sitting. I still like it quite a bit, but it's worth more like $40 instead of $60.

I'm going to go through again trying not to alarm or kill anyone.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 19:37:37

I accidentally murdered my ally so I figure this is as good a time as any to stop by and say this game is amazing.

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 19:58:59

I'd never heard of this game before reading this thread: it looks cool, but considering the other games coming out soon (which have the potential to be great), it's hard to justify spending $60 on it. If I can get it when it's under $20, I will: otherwise, it's probably going to be outshined by games like Halo 4 and Black Ops II.

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 23:08:46

After making a deal with a buddy of mine, I got my hands on this game. I'm just going to say that this game is pretty fucking awesome and I've only been playing for 2.5 hours.

True you can't shoot out the lights, but fuck it you can slow down time, place wall traps, let all the enemies come by, and let the wall trap do its thing. I also like how it encourages you to explore in order to find...things in order to upgrade. Looks like the kind of game where there's replay value as well.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-10 23:25:41

At 10/10/12 07:58 PM, RampantMusik wrote: it's probably going to be outshined by games like Halo 4 and Black Ops II.

Haha, no. This game is on a whole different level to those games, if anything this game should be full-price and those should be $20 add-ons.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-11 01:19:26

At 10/10/12 11:25 PM, simon wrote:
At 10/10/12 07:58 PM, RampantMusik wrote: it's probably going to be outshined by games like Halo 4 and Black Ops II.
Haha, no. This game is on a whole different level to those games, if anything this game should be full-price and those should be $20 add-ons.

I'm not talking about "levels," though. Or quality of gameplay. Or innovation. I'm talking about money.

I'm saying this game will be outshined because people might not notice this game, because they're too busy playing (or saving their money) for something else. Outshined because Modern Warfare 3 sold 14.5 million copies and Halo 3 sold 11.6 million units, and their sequels will almost certainly do the same. Outshined in that if it doesn't sell well enough, it probably won't receive a sequel. Outshined, as in, people are more willing to spend $60 on a predictable game than a new IP that has yet to prove itself.

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-11 09:03:59

I rented it out today and I'm loving it. If this game is only taking you 12 hours then you really need to slow down. I've been playing a few hours now and I'm still on the first mission with Walls of Light. There's so much other stuff to do inside the mission like searching for runes and bones take up a lot of time, and there seems to be quite a lot of side missions you can do!

So what path is everyone taking for revenge? I'm being the "Ninja". Being stealthy but killing everyone. I go by the saying "You've never seen a Ninja, or else you'd be dead" so I sneak around, slitting people's throats before they know I'm there. And if someone should happen to notice me, I have no choice but to end their life immediately.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-11 17:04:58

At 10/11/12 09:03 AM, HeadbangingLegend wrote: I rented it out today and I'm loving it. If this game is only taking you 12 hours then you really need to slow down. I've been playing a few hours now and I'm still on the first mission with Walls of Light.

Then how can you say it shouldn't be able to be finished in 12 hours if you've barely played it? I just played how I felt like it at the time, exploring some things, but not every single thing I came across and I was done in just over 8 hours.

There's so much other stuff to do inside the mission like searching for runes and bones take up a lot of time, and there seems to be quite a lot of side missions you can do!

Not really a lot of side missions. The runes and bones are usually in your path anyway and they aren't even hidden. Everything in the game is just given to you with a waypoint or clue that you don't even have to pay attention to because it's summarized in the menu anyway. I hope it doesn't do that on the harder difficulties (I played on Normal).

So what path is everyone taking for revenge? I'm being the "Ninja". Being stealthy but killing everyone. I go by the saying "You've never seen a Ninja, or else you'd be dead" so I sneak around, slitting people's throats before they know I'm there. And if someone should happen to notice me, I have no choice but to end their life immediately.

I was running through being stealthy and killing most people I found, occasionally just slipping by. Now I'm trying to get through without being spotted or killing anyone and it's a pain. There seem to be glitches with it...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-12 10:10:01

I think I'm already on the last mission...8 hours in. Then again, I'm playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty. Excellent game however.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-12 13:37:38

The mechanics are fucking weird. Why am I able to hit someone with a sword when I'm standing 10 feet away from them?

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 08:52:19

What will we do with the drunken whaler,
Early in the morning.

Im really enjoying this game so far.

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 10:26:13

Being stealthy in this game is crazy hard without the high level powers.
I wouldn't want it any other way.

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 13:13:43

My god, this game is fucking glorious on Very Hard. I implore you all to do a Very Hard playthrough.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 14:08:42

At 10/13/12 01:13 PM, phrozonfire wrote: My god, this game is fucking glorious on Very Hard. I implore you all to do a Very Hard playthrough.

Being someone who is not very good at stealth games, this game is dominating me on normal difficulty.
But I guess I'll give it a try on my next playthrough. It'll probably be violent though.

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 14:32:02

I think i'm on the fourth mission. It's still incredible, one of my favorite games ever already.

List of things to do:
Complete normal playthrough
Do a non-stealth playthrough where I just run around and wreck everyone's shit
Do a very hard stealth playthrough

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 14:48:10

Finally got past the part on Kaldwin's bridge where you first see the arc towers. This whole time I never saw the control room below the bridge. But I got to use my first rewiring tool, and it was hilarious.
This game, man...

BBS Signature

Response to Dishonored - Bethesda's new game 2012-10-13 15:37:07

As soon as Emily said Calista was taking a bath I decided to go keyhole some doors. Then I went downstairs to find Piero doing the same.
Piero knows what's up.

BBS Signature