monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Nov. 30th, 2012 @ 08:34 PM Reply

...and another.
Decided that I don't really want to do anything else today.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:21 PM Reply

I finally remembered to take pictures of some of my school stuff. All of the next few drawings are gonna be from my foundation drawing class, the one I mentioned a few pages ago where I posted up some sketches of boxes and a chair.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

I kind of just gave up on this in the end, the end being the top left of it. Well, mostly that obnoxious white light bulb in the middle.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

Our first color assignment, and I couldn't help but be stupid with it. The end result is questionable. Technically it isn't all that great, but my teacher still gave me an A for attempting to be fine artsy.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:34 PM Reply

Last one! Then I'll be done spamming the forum.

monsterparty drawrs.

Flowers10
Flowers10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 06:34 PM, monsterparty wrote: Last one! Then I'll be done spamming the forum.

Jesus, those are some sick value studies, he light bulbs are the best imo. I see your learning allot in school, what do you think about the school yourself? You enjoying it?

Click on the sig!
Or my thread

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 06:45 PM, Flowers10 wrote:
At 12/6/12 06:34 PM, monsterparty wrote: Last one! Then I'll be done spamming the forum.
Jesus, those are some sick value studies, he light bulbs are the best imo. I see your learning allot in school, what do you think about the school yourself? You enjoying it?

Thanks, and yes. I love being in school. I barely sleep and only eat a meal and a half a day, but I get to draw all the time! In the last few months I feel like I've improved so much, and I'm pretty efficient with materials now that I've never even touched before. Plus, I get to collaborate and nerd out over art things with pretty much everyone around me, and coming from a place with absolutely no art community, that's... cool. Ha, I feel like it's a fair trade.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Where do i sign to give you all my worldly possessions for viewing such artwork?

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 07:36 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Where do i sign to give you all my worldly possessions for viewing such artwork?

I'll have my lawyer draw up the papers. :)

On another note... asdokfgnfln fjklsgnfdss!
Working on my final project for 2D Design. This is by far the most annoying thing I've done all year.

monsterparty drawrs.

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 12/8/12 10:01 PM, monsterparty wrote:
At 12/6/12 07:36 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Where do i sign to give you all my worldly possessions for viewing such artwork?
I'll have my lawyer draw up the papers. :)

Working on my final project for 2D Design. This is by far the most annoying thing I've done all year.

So is the lineart given to you or you had to draw it in that particular way in order to apply those colors and shade? Plus whats the purpose on that 2d design project?

Plus amazing studies, it must of consume hours to reach a result (especially results that look as clean and neat as those). :D

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 07:37 AM Reply

At 12/8/12 10:01 PM, monsterparty wrote:

This looks mighty intersting.. Seeing your stuff makes me increasingly frustrated with my own school and their total lack of focus on craftsmanship..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 12:22 PM Reply

At 12/9/12 01:18 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: So is the lineart given to you or you had to draw it in that particular way in order to apply those colors and shade? Plus whats the purpose on that 2d design project?

Plus amazing studies, it must of consume hours to reach a result (especially results that look as clean and neat as those).

And I drew all the lines. We had to pick a masterwork, mine being "Plumbers" by Norman Rockwell, and create a planar abstraction of it. Honestly, I don't really know what that means, but from what I teacher showed me, the range of what's acceptable is pretty wide.

At 12/9/12 07:37 AM, Lundsfryd wrote: This looks mighty intersting.. Seeing your stuff makes me increasingly frustrated with my own school and their total lack of focus on craftsmanship..

I don't know if it's so much the school as it is specific teachers. I have some pretty hardcore teachers. From what I hear from classmates with other instructors, they can submit some pretty lazy stuff and still get highs scores from it just by saying they're inexperienced artists. I mean, I get that some leniency should be applied since not everyone is going to be at the same level, especially for photography majors, but considering all the competition in the field and how much money is being paid to the school for instruction, I feel like the point is to raise the standards and push the students to be more than just acceptable. Of course the students should also be compelled to raise the bar for themselves instead of making excuses... I'm just gonna end my rant now before I get carried away.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 12:23 AM Reply

Done.
It's really not as good as it could be, and a lot of the shapes get lost in each other. I might end up changing some stuff tomorrow before turning it in, but I really can't look at this anymore today.

monsterparty drawrs.

Template88
Template88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 09:15 AM Reply

>mfw all dis arts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V7QWknxeFc

Thoughts in chaos...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Feb. 8th, 2013 @ 01:24 AM Reply

So many things in this thread reminds me of why I am doing what I do. It has made me frustrated over my own lack of dedication. Something i haven't experienced in a long time. Thanks!

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 2/8/13 01:24 AM, LaserKarl wrote: So many things in this thread reminds me of why I am doing what I do. It has made me frustrated over my own lack of dedication. Something i haven't experienced in a long time. Thanks!

Thanks, man. I'm honored. :)
-
One of my Foundation Drawing 2 assignments. This is actually the 5th one we've turned in. None of it has been returned though, so I wanted to take a picture of this before it disappeared forever. And I don't know why the lighting is so yellow. The paper is just white.

Guh, I have so much stuff in my "just whatever" sketchbook too. I need to get to a scanner, so I can start putting some of that stuff up.

monsterparty drawrs.

Otto
Otto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 08:25 PM Reply

Gorgeous gorgeous and gorgeous again, I can feel a lifetime of drawing behind each piece

You mention your foundation a lot - surely this isn't the same foundation I'm doing here in the UK, the pre-degree foundation diploma?

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 2/13/13 08:25 PM, Otto wrote: Gorgeous gorgeous and gorgeous again, I can feel a lifetime of drawing behind each piece

You mention your foundation a lot - surely this isn't the same foundation I'm doing here in the UK, the pre-degree foundation diploma?

Why, thank you, sir. That means a lot. :)
And as far as foundations go, probably not. Ha, it's just part of college. We're already working on our degrees, but as a prerequisite for every major in my school, we have to take two foundation drawing courses along with our other ones. The first foundation drawing class is mainly about perspective, and the second one focuses on figures. Once we do these classes, if we choose to go deeper into perspective and figure drawing, we have an option to attend classes that go into more depth with it. If not, then no matter what we end up doing as the years go on, we'll at least have the basics under our belt.

Well... I'm in the middle of spring break right now. I was hoping that I'd be able to just lay around and watch movies/work on commissions all week, but there's too much homework for that. At the moment, I'm working on a portrait for my drawing class. On the left is the digital rough and on the right is what I have so far in the actual charcoal drawing. I still have such a long way to go, but it's coming along okay for now. I'm trying really hard not to lose my motivation on this.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 11:10 PM Reply

Sketchy sketch in between movies. I tried the homework, but I decided that today was the day to do nothing.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 11:13 PM Reply

And another quick one. I've been trying lately to break out of my style and into a simpler one, but I don't think I'm going quite far enough.

monsterparty drawrs.

gayhobbit
gayhobbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 12th, 2013 @ 11:23 PM Reply

Wow your portfolio is stunning! I'm at awe towards those still lifes. Amazing execution.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 13th, 2013 @ 11:40 PM Reply

At 3/12/13 11:23 PM, gayhobbit wrote: Wow your portfolio is stunning! I'm at awe towards those still lifes. Amazing execution.

Thanks. :]
I'm quite a fan of yours, and it's nice to hear from you.

But yeah. More slacking.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 17th, 2013 @ 01:41 PM Reply

Still such a long way to go. Once I've got all the base shadows on the rabbits, I need to work on fitting them into the image better. The one I'm working on at the moment looks like a sticker.

monsterparty drawrs.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Mar. 17th, 2013 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 3/17/13 01:41 PM, monsterparty wrote: Still such a long way to go. Once I've got all the base shadows on the rabbits, I need to work on fitting them into the image better. The one I'm working on at the moment looks like a sticker.

You thought they were cute
You thought they were fluffy
You thought they were cuddly

You thought wrong

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Apr. 20th, 2013 @ 12:58 PM Reply

I have no idea about what projects I've done this semester. Hopefully when class ends, I can gather myself enough to take pictures of everything and put them up, and put up my first working demo reel.

In the meantime, here's a tiny couch I made! I'm probably a little too proud of this. I've never been very good at crafts, so I'm elated that this turned out pretty decent.

monsterparty drawrs.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. May. 23rd, 2013 @ 06:12 PM Reply

Finished with freshman year! Those last couple days in class was ridiculously crazy. Everyone always warned me that the workload would be intense, but that still doesn't really prepare you for the actual experience. Anyway, for now, I'm dropping off the finished rabbit drawing. I finally got the chance to take a picture of it.

Anyway, that's it for now. I actually failed to take pictures of most of the things I did this semester. I left them all back in school. Now I'm home 3 states away... those will probably never be seen online.

monsterparty drawrs.

thisismyboat
thisismyboat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to monsterparty drawrs. May. 23rd, 2013 @ 07:30 PM Reply

I love your school work. You're really solid with the basic essentials of art. Making me realize how much I half-assed my first year.

LeeIsMyName
LeeIsMyName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to monsterparty drawrs. May. 24th, 2013 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 7/6/11 12:46 PM, monsterparty wrote: in the mean time, here is a picture of not blind lillith i worked on this morning.
in the story, she eventually winds up in a rebel army, so i changed her clothes to fit the part. oh, and it's amazing how much i fail at hands at rest, so that's something else i need to work on.

I love this so much, honestly. Everything about this character is just... gah. The hair, the expression, but outfit, I love it and I don't fully know why, I just do. It's fantastic. I'd love to see her colored.

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. May. 25th, 2013 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 3/17/13 01:41 PM, monsterparty wrote: Still such a long way to go. Once I've got all the base shadows on the rabbits, I need to work on fitting them into the image better. The one I'm working on at the moment looks like a sticker.

Hey Rival!! your work is just Epic!! you are lightyears ahead of me, at this rate ill never catch up!! :) Missed you bunches Glad to see you are still around.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to monsterparty drawrs. Aug. 15th, 2013 @ 11:28 PM Reply

Wow. I don't know where I go or if I've actually drawn anything in the last couple of months. I wish I could remember if anything I've done since summer vacation started was important... but it probably wasn't.

But uh... here's a quick drawing of my best friend and I in our man forms. I had my wisdom teeth out and was forced to stay home for a week. My friend drew me a "Get Well" picture, and this was like a thank you, I guess. Why I chose to make us men is sort of a mystery to me too.

Anyway, orange hair guy's body looks off. I drew out the skeleton and everything looked okay then, so I'm thinking that I must've draped the clothes oddly. It was something I didn't quite notice until I was coloring, and despite not being able to be unbothered by it, I can't seem to be bothered enough to fix it either.

monsterparty drawrs.