00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

monsterparty drawrs.

49,130 Views | 286 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-12 22:13:25

At 9/11/11 06:51 PM, Otto wrote: Amazing stuff, and really, 19?

Thanks! and yes... as of a week ago! :D

Can I ask what your shading technique is, and what you practised to hit this level?

I wish I could tell you, but I don't really know. I don't feel like I've mastered any sort of shading technique, and as far as I know I'm just filling in space. The only thing I set out to do when I shade is strike some sort of balance in values. As far as what I practice... well, I guess I don't really do anything that I would consider practice. I draw what I want to and reference what I need to in order to get the result I want. I guess it's how I combine learning with play. I have difficulty sitting down and knocking out tons of studies, so I just don't. I cross those bridges when I get there. I also draw a lot from other artists. In my sketchbooks you'll find a lot of drawings taken right out of the books of artists like Norman Rockwell to Disney to Justin Bua to Edward Gorey. I try out a lot A LOT of styles and I use what I learn from those experiments into my own art. I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask another, and I'll try to answer better.

It's perfect, how you draw.

That's a very generous comment and I thank you a lot for it though I can't say I agree. :]
And by the way, I've checked out your thread quite a few times and I'm thoroughly impressed! And you're only 17!

At 9/11/11 07:01 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote: its all so clean and wonderful...

Why, thank you. :]

---

So anyway, I've been in a rather bad mood the last few days, and today I finally decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and drew this. I feel better. I'm probably gonna have to redraw it outside of my sketchbook though, so I can shove it into my portfolio. Per usual, it got pretty sloppy towards the end, and that stupid cherry blossom tree! That's a disaster. Other than that, I don't hate it, and I'm redrawing it anyway... eh.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-12 22:49:04

Yes you must think positive, I sketch out things to with emotion but I keep those all to myself. But this is awesome just the way it is, I see nothing wrong with it.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-13 00:15:13

At 9/12/11 10:13 PM, monsterparty wrote: So anyway, I've been in a rather bad mood the last few days, and today I finally decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and drew this. I feel better. I'm probably gonna have to redraw it outside of my sketchbook though, so I can shove it into my portfolio. Per usual, it got pretty sloppy towards the end, and that stupid cherry blossom tree! That's a disaster. Other than that, I don't hate it, and I'm redrawing it anyway... eh.

That looks amazing!! Seriously, i like pretty much everything about it, specially the hair, both the girl's and lion.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-13 00:20:52

At 9/12/11 10:13 PM, monsterparty wrote:
So anyway, I've been in a rather bad mood the last few days, and today I finally decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and drew this. I feel better. I'm probably gonna have to redraw it outside of my sketchbook though, so I can shove it into my portfolio. Per usual, it got pretty sloppy towards the end, and that stupid cherry blossom tree! That's a disaster. Other than that, I don't hate it, and I'm redrawing it anyway... eh.

nah man, you're way too critical of your own work. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because then you'll completely nail it next time! :D but i think the artist notices a lot more than the viewer.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-14 22:52:26

Thanks guys. :D
Now that I look at it days later, I honestly wish I could turn out more pictures like this. Maybe when I get more feelings.

----

Anyway, here's this.
I just started dieting, and I can't stop thinking about eating. I love food. SO MUCH. Well, I tried drawing to take my mind off of it but just ended up here with this.

Strange as it is, that's 2 more pages down in my cover to cover sketchbook! Only 92 more to go! So if anyone wants to be a bro and hook me up with some ideas, I'd love you long time. Just throwing that out there.

And since I'm going about throwing out things anyway, would anyone happen to know anything about airbrushes? I've been asked to paint a motorcycle helmet, and I assume airbrushes would be the best thing to use. I don't have one though and never used one, so I just figured I might as well ask what would be good for a beginner. If no answers it's cool. I'll probably end up googling it anyway, but feedback from people who have experience with them would be wonderful.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-15 00:08:39

At 7/6/11 12:46 PM, monsterparty wrote: in the mean time, here is a picture of not blind lillith i worked on this morning.
in the story, she eventually winds up in a rebel army, so i changed her clothes to fit the part. oh, and it's amazing how much i fail at hands at rest, so that's something else i need to work on.

I must thank you for this drawing. I was trying to figure out a good pose for a girl in one of mine and this is a very good one. so thank you and keep kicking ass.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-15 00:44:34

At 9/14/11 10:52 PM, monsterparty wrote: Anyway, here's this.

That's dope as hell! Really digging the intestines.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-15 20:06:10

At 9/15/11 12:08 AM, JackDGreatest wrote::

I must thank you for this drawing. I was trying to figure out a good pose for a girl in one of mine and this is a very good one. so thank you and keep kicking ass.

Will do, and I'm glad I could help. :D

At 9/15/11 12:44 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: That's dope as hell! Really digging the intestines.

Thaaaanks. You're amazing at all this grotesque stuff, so it's crazy awesome that you like it.

-----

I was told by a friend to draw either a teddy bear or a bass player and ended up with a weird combination of both.

Time for din din. :D

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-15 20:35:09

Wow the intestines consumption man drawing is my favorite. I have images like that in my head from when I wake up, before I go to bed AND while sleeping. I just don't have the artistic ability to lay it out there yet :P.

You asked for an idea? HrmmMmMmM...

Draw a fetus that is bursting out of the womb (thru the stomach not the cunny)

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-16 23:44:24

At 9/15/11 08:35 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: You asked for an idea? HrmmMmMmM...

Draw a fetus that is bursting out of the womb (thru the stomach not the cunny)

At first I was like "whaaat?" but I gotta show you some love for taking the time to suggest something. :]
I suppose this scene would probably be significantly more bloody, but I tried to keep it clean.
Sorry if it's not quite what you were expecting, but I'm pretty satisfied with it. Thanks!

88 more pages! :D

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-17 00:06:22

Sheesh these are amazing! And your creaturing is phenomal, I have a question. Are you doing this for that sketchbook tour or something(I forget what it's called). But yeah it seemed pretty neat, I don't know how you do it( I need to get on your level, I appreciate the detail you put in these pieces).

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-17 17:45:38

At 9/17/11 12:06 AM, Ramatsu wrote: Sheesh these are amazing! And your creaturing is phenomal, I have a question. Are you doing this for that sketchbook tour or something(I forget what it's called). But yeah it seemed pretty neat, I don't know how you do it( I need to get on your level, I appreciate the detail you put in these pieces).

Thanks so much!
And I'm not quite sure what the sketchbook tour is. My sketchbook is more of a school project than anything else. And if you're ever curious on how I do something, just ask. I'd be happy to help. :)

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-20 17:47:38

A pair of Tom and Jerry shoes for my brother's friend. The first I've ever done with paints. D:
Don't like it nearly as much as markers, but I'm really not as strong as a painter as I am a... person who uses markers?

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-20 17:52:49

Side two, which is not nearly as nice as the first.
And just so you know that I know, I didn't do the whiskers... on accident, but they're already sent off and there's nothing I can do about it now.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-20 19:26:48

What would've happened if you messed up on the shoes!

They look awesome.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-21 22:14:51

At 9/20/11 07:26 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: What would've happened if you messed up on the shoes!

They look awesome.

Thanks! And I did, actually. The side with Tom lying down was actually something totally different with an actual background, and Tom was lying against a tree. The colors I used apparently looked like easter though, so I completely redid it. He was also signicantly smaller (SIGNIFICANTLY), and had I continued Jerry would've been about the size of my pinky nail. Paint is actually very forgiving. Once it dries, just paint over it.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-26 19:05:16

More on the wip from the first page that I kind of, sort of, almost, totally forgot about.
This is actually the first time I've worked on it since I last put a pic of it up, and I have to say I'm not really feeling it anymore. I think I might just have to scrap it.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-27 18:51:28

kiss shoes.
faces from psycho circus, sonic boom from sonic boom, kiss from kiss.
but the whole thing together came from this.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-09-30 22:32:19

redraw of an old drawing.
still a wip.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-10-02 10:56:06

some doodles while skyping with some friends.

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-10-02 21:56:14

Well, at the moment I'm trying to get back into this whole drawing thing. I actually need to fill up a sketch book cover to cover to apply to school, so expect some little sketchbook things in the near future. In the meantime, a new character my friend inroduced into his story. And it's a man! The first time I've posted a picture of a guy. I got lazy towards his legs, but it's not gonna get better than this. ):

I think your art is magnificent, this piece in particular. I'm not sure what it is about it, maybe something about the really good looking hair and clothing folds, but I love it.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-11-05 20:53:00

It's been a while since I've been here.

So here's my first helmet! One for the Wendy's charity bike run down here.
It's far from professional, but I tried. I've only been airbrushing for a couple weeks now, and I started specifically for this. It's sort of a mess, but it's done. :\

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-11-05 22:49:36

At 11/5/11 08:53 PM, monsterparty wrote: It's been a while since I've been here.

It's far from professional, but I tried. I've only been airbrushing for a couple weeks now, and I started specifically for this. It's sort of a mess, but it's done. :\

What?! That looks pretty kick ass to me. You are now my rival! And therefore has inspired me to create two characters one male one female, in which they will be battling it out, and the female always being victorious.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-11-05 23:16:05

You are very talented and I really love your lineart, as well as your more traditional paint-jobs. Keep up the extremely good work ^^

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-11-06 18:44:45

At 11/5/11 10:49 PM, Ramatsu wrote:
At 11/5/11 08:53 PM, monsterparty wrote: It's been a while since I've been here.

What?! That looks pretty kick ass to me. You are now my rival! And therefore has inspired me to create two characters one male one female, in which they will be battling it out, and the female always being victorious.

That made me smile! You totally should! I would seriously love to see it. And thanks again for your kind words.

At 11/5/11 11:16 PM, Vonschlippe wrote: You are very talented and I really love your lineart, as well as your more traditional paint-jobs. Keep up the extremely good work ^^

Thank you so much! You too are a crazy talented artist, and it's nice to hear from you. :]

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-11-07 11:10:06

At 9/12/11 10:49 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Yes you must think positive, I sketch out things to with emotion but I keep those all to myself. But this is awesome just the way it is, I see nothing wrong with it.

Yeah that it's for some others to say but perhaps you'd be feel pretty damned obsolete when no pays any sort of attention to you when you post something. What more could they actually want? Something more complicated and perhaps more complete?

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-11-07 11:59:51

Why not submit work to the art portal? Your work is definitely good enough (read awesome), and more people could enjoy it that way.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-19 17:43:59

At 11/7/11 11:59 AM, lovingthedark wrote: Why not submit work to the art portal? Your work is definitely good enough (read awesome), and more people could enjoy it that way.

Thank you so much! I'd like to, but honestly don't feel like any of my work is complete enough for the portal. I feel portal spots should be like... the best I have to offer, and so far I just don't feel like this is it. Thank you so much for the compliment though, and I'm really gonna try to put out something good soon enough.

Anyway, I am excellent and disappearing from the internet. I try so hard not to, but then life or something happens. I also want to apologize to people I haven't responded to! I noticed that in my thread as well as in others I tend to overlook comments and go about my day, but it really isn't intentional. It just doesn't occur to me to backtrack.

Well, here's a Twilight apron thing that I did for a friend for Christmas. I'm currently working on another slightly more complex one for another friend, but I had to give my air compressor a break. Whatever I get done with that tonight, I'll try and put it up. In the meantime, here's this first one. Enjoy!

monsterparty drawrs.

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-19 18:03:49

Yay! Your back!!!... I mean, rival is back to kick my ass again -.-.. This new piece is cool, and it saddens me to see you say that you don't think your art is good enough for the portal, I see a few ones that can be potential front pagers! And plus your pieces make mine look like scum under a boot of a man walking in a swampy area filled with sticky substances, lol!

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to monsterparty drawrs. 2011-12-20 01:36:07

At 12/19/11 06:03 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Yay! Your back!!!... I mean, rival is back to kick my ass again -.-.. This new piece is cool, and it saddens me to see you say that you don't think your art is good enough for the portal, I see a few ones that can be potential front pagers! And plus your pieces make mine look like scum under a boot of a man walking in a swampy area filled with sticky substances, lol!

Haha, thanks for the welcome back. :]
and I guess it isn't that I don't think my art isn't good enough, just not complete enough. I doesn't seem like I ever finish ANYTHING, so I suppose that's the problem. I want to be able to deliver consistantly and not like... once in a blue moon, I guess. Haha, and you shouldn't bag on your art like that, dude! I checked out your thread and you've really improved so fast! Those lines on your Destruction and D-Cups picture are awesome, and as long as you remain as ambitious as you are, you're just gonna keep getting better!

---

And here's this since I said I'd put it up. Just the grayscale thus far. Coloring tomorrow. :]

monsterparty drawrs.