Instead redirect them to the NAC General Discussion Thread
The NAC Team is pleased to bring you July's theme: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE SOUNDTRACK!!
Zombie Apocalypse music you say? Why that could cover a lot of things!
yes, yes it could. So here are your sub-themes in which the song sould take place in apocalypse-wise:
1) Zombie Clown Carnival "IT" theme*
2) Silent Hill-like Zombie Theme
3) High speed chase Zombie Theme
4) Zombies in the Forest Theme
5) Medical viral outbreak "Resident Evil" style Zombie Theme
6) Classic Halloween "rise out of the grave" Zombie Theme
7) Hilbilly "house of 1000 corpes" style Zombie Theme
8)Cheesy "attack from mutant zombies from other space" Zombie Theme
9) Parody-like "Shaun of the dead" Zombie Theme
10) Zombies are milling about/attacking/sneaking into the room Theme
11) ZEST RIDDLE music inspired Zombie Theme**
* Bonus points will be given if you make a creepy carnival/clown song reministant of the clown movie "IT"
** type in "zest riddle music" into youtube for this.
Basically this contest theme is going to focus on /horror/cheesiness/entertainment value - don't be afraid to go nuts - use real zombie moans, real gore sounds, do whatever! Just make us laugh, or scare the shit out of us! :P
We also want to encourage artists to collaborate with each other, but remember that we can only award the prize to one person, so you'll have to keep that in mind if anyone else from ngs collabs with you, so be sure to mention them and if you win I can tell Tom to split the prize.
Also focus as always will be on the highest quality - so this means best mixing/mastering practices... best vocals, best USE of vocals, etc etc. So please don't ask me stupid questions like "if this isn't mix/mastered the best is that ok?" NO it's not - stop being a lazy ass and mix your songs properly please.
Also ALL ENTRIES HAVE TO HAVE BEEN MADE WITHIN THE MONTH OF THE CONTEST.
I have decided to provide you with absolutely no examples for this contest - you have been provided with themes - if you must do some research on them through google and/or youtube. We are giving you scenarios - you may pick any one of them, or 2 if you choose to make 2 submissions. I want to see what you can pull forth out of your own twisted little minds while not replicating something that's already existing!
Not allowed for this competition - please make your own - you can model styles off songs but no covers or remixes please.
One exception to this rule is if you do a remix or parody of an existing original song on newgrounds - but it MUST be an original song. We generally want to see what you can do on your own.
Voices WILL be used, provided that:
1) It is not sampled from copyrighted recordings.
2) It is 100% your own recording and creation (or someone who has given you permission)
3) You can ask another artist or group to provide vocals, as long as all material is newly created for your submission, and you provide the details of the vocalist(s), who they are.
Recordings of instruments are great! If you do kudos to you! Recording of vocals is super great too. As a result if someone assists you with vocals you may include them as part of your song - just make sure to mention them in your song description. The prize however will only go to the user that submitted the song.
All tracks must be in by the deadline. Please check your Newgrounds in-boxes regularly. If you have a problem with reaching the deadlines, please contact us as soon as possible, and we will review your case.
Submissions must not contain any material deemed offensive.
Last but not least, remember to have fun! Don't get too competitive and/or elitist, or I may have to bash some heads! :P
Fucked up people, this is your time to shine!