Be a Supporter!
Smittytheghost
Smittytheghost
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:40:25 Reply

I know there are a lot of homosexuals in the world. and homosexuality is not something I'm against. I'm friends with a few gays. the problem I have is when people say that they can't help it. To me, thats one of the most offensive things you can say about a gay person. It makes it like homosexuality is some kind of disease. something they don't want to have. the gays I know have said many times that they choose to be gay. that they want to do it, they enjoy doing it, and they're proud of it. when you say, "he can't help but like guys", that makes him seem even worse. like someone can't be gay unless there's something wrong with the person. homosexuality is a choice. they choose it just like I choose to be straight. If its genetic, why isn't religion genetic? or taste in music? they choose it and their proud to do so.

*DISCLAIMER*
this not intended to offend anyone. if your offended, oh well.

Emarius
Emarius
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:43:25 Reply

Sexual orientation is never a choice.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:45:37 Reply

"guys it's cool, I have a few friends and they say they totally just want to be gay, it's not genetic or anything. So that should apply to every gay person"

Yea, your argument holds no water. At all. Thanks to those above me who got the point across pretty quick


[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:46:22 Reply

You're gay.

/helping

Imaku
Imaku
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:46:47 Reply

Hm yeah okay, not really. Tell me, can you choose what kind of girls you are attracted to? I mean, you can't like tall, blonde skinny girls one day then like bald, toothless obese ones the next. Just like you can't choose to like girls one day and guys the next.

Pjanoo
Pjanoo
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:46:53 Reply

Coprophilia


BBS Signature
dlxrevolution
dlxrevolution
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:50:00 Reply

People don't choose to be gay.


Sig made by DLX

BBS Signature
Malt-Shake
Malt-Shake
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:50:29 Reply

There are genetic pre-dispositions to homosexuality.
In the animal kingdom there is about the same percentage of gays as there are in humans.

However, I don't think that its all nature, I think that some of it is nurture.
Do you know anyone who was born with a foot fetish? Or knew that they liked latex and leather when they were five?


DJHeat=my hero! (at least 4 the next half hr. Then i'll be all like DJHeat whodat? lol balls)

IF I SEEM GAY TO YOU THEN READ THIS THREAD

BBS Signature
Emarius
Emarius
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Gamer
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-01 23:55:42 Reply

To continue...

At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: they want to do it, they enjoy doing it, and they're proud of it

Because they were born that way.

when you say, "he can't help but like guys", that makes him seem even worse.

Even worse you say? Sounds like some deep-rooted prejudice.

like someone can't be gay unless there's something wrong with the person.

So you're okay with people being gay by choice, but if they were born gay it would be unnatural...

they choose it just like I choose to be straight.

I really hope you're trolling.

If its genetic, why isn't religion genetic? or taste in music? they choose it and their proud to do so.

Religion is a construct of man, which has no relation to your genes. Homosexuality, I'd argue, is not. It occurs in animals as well, just to drive the point home that it's a nature thing.

Also to Malt-Shake: I think some sexual preferences could be "nature". Part of why they may not realize they like it is they haven't been exposed to it. Just like some people find different features attractive, somebody could for example really find feet attractive, hence having a foot fetish. But I think it does also depend on the persons life.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:01:57 Reply

At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: homosexuality is a choice. they choose it just like I choose to be straight.

If you honestly think that sexual preference is somehow a matter of 'choice' you are a complete fucking idiot. You don't "choose" who you're attracted to, you're just attracted to them. You can choose who you have sex with but you can't choose who you feel sexual attraction towards. Holy shit.

AlphaCentauri
AlphaCentauri
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:06:11 Reply

At 7/1/11 11:55 PM, Emarius wrote:
At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: they want to do it, they enjoy doing it, and they're proud of it
Because they were born that way.

Disregarding most everything else in this topic. I never understood why people say they are "proud" for a condition they were born into. You can't take pride in something you have no control over. You really can't be "Proud to be gay" or "Proud to be black" or "Proud to be American"

Now, being proud of overcoming obstacles by being born gay is a different story.


You have to know your name.
LOOP
One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature
Smittytheghost
Smittytheghost
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:07:34 Reply

looks like very few people understand what I'm saying. i doubt most of you even read the whole thing. you read 1 sentence and assumed i was spewing hate. I have nothing wrong with people being gay. I have something wrong with the people who make it sound like they have a birth defect.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:10:53 Reply

You choose to be straight? What's your secret?

Seriously, though, what? If I weren't hopelessly sexually attracted to girls I'd have no fucking reason to have to talk to them at all.

You're so moronic it's actually quite funny.
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:12:38 Reply

No dude, we read the whole thing. If we only read one sentence you would look a whole lot less retarded.


My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
micky315
micky315
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:14:16 Reply

Theres nothing offensive about saying "He cant help but like guys", its like saying "He cant help but be a genius". Just because you cant help doing something doesn't mean what you cant help but do is bad :/


...

BBS Signature
Smittytheghost
Smittytheghost
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:15:17 Reply

At 7/2/11 12:09 AM, Piss wrote: You're clearly just misinterpreting.

Why? Why can't they just want to be gay? Why do they have to be gay? Why does it have to be something out of their control?

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:18:20 Reply

At 7/2/11 12:15 AM, Smittytheghost wrote:
At 7/2/11 12:09 AM, Piss wrote: You're clearly just misinterpreting.
Why? Why can't they just want to be gay? Why do they have to be gay? Why does it have to be something out of their control?

I appreciate the fact that you're supporting gays. But I can tell you that sexuality is not a choice (I'm bisexual). It doesn't make it disease-like in any way, and I certainly don't find it offensive. It's just part of who I am, and I was born that way.

Maybe it is just a subconscious choice for me (or a conscious choice for others) but I don't see why it matters.

the-it3
the-it3
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:20:01 Reply

Gravity dosenent exshmist guize peepral juss chews to fall guize. OP is an idiot.

micky315
micky315
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:21:09 Reply

At 7/2/11 12:15 AM, Smittytheghost wrote:
At 7/2/11 12:09 AM, Piss wrote: You're clearly just misinterpreting.
Why? Why can't they just want to be gay? Why do they have to be gay? Why does it have to be something out of their control?

its like a favourite icecream. If you hate strawberry and like chocolate than you cant force yourself to love strawberry and hate chocolate. Its not a disease, it's not offensive.


...

BBS Signature
Boss
Boss
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:21:54 Reply

At 7/1/11 11:42 PM, Piss wrote: Probably the stupidest thread I've seen today.

it still would be if i made one too and thats like damn nom sayn


I'm an instigator

BBS Signature
Rockyusa
Rockyusa
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:28:04 Reply

I could go for a guy, I could go for a girl, but it's not really the sex that matters. It's the person who you are attracted to.


At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:
: I have no sexual orientation
: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature
Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:29:51 Reply

At 7/2/11 12:22 AM, Piss wrote: You can acquire a taste for foods. Doesn't work that way with sexuality, though.

You could become accustomed to gay sex and enjoy it enough to find other men attractive. It wouldn't be "true" homosexuality though.

Entice
Entice
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:35:44 Reply

At 7/2/11 12:34 AM, Piss wrote: I'm talking about emotional attraction.

Same deal.

RockLou
RockLou
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:38:36 Reply

You dun' offended people. You dun' goofed.


Play my epic rpg NAO - The Awakening

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:40:02 Reply

At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: I'm friends with a few gays.

I'm not racist, I have a black friend. I will proceed to tell a horrible racist joke, because it's justified.


Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
Smittytheghost
Smittytheghost
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 00:45:10 Reply

At 7/2/11 12:40 AM, Space-Whale wrote:
At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote: I'm friends with a few gays.
I'm not racist, I have a black friend. I will proceed to tell a horrible racist joke, because it's justified.

Yes, because this whole thing is one big slap to the face of gays. Read the damn topic.

LordZeebmork
LordZeebmork
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 02:52:50 Reply

It is important here to draw a distinction between homosexuality, a cultural entity and a descriptor peculiar to modern Western culture, and attraction to people of the same sex. It is possible to be attracted to people of the same sex without being A Homosexual; many people throughout history, possibly including even James Buchanan, managed to pull off such a seemingly absurd feat. But, of course, that feat only seems absurd to people who have fully internalized modern Western culture.

If homosexuality in the modern Western conception and same-sex attraction were truly the same, what of the existence of "men who have sex with men" -- men who are clearly attracted to the same sex, but who still refuse to identify as A Homosexual?

At 7/2/11 12:06 AM, AlphaCentauri wrote: You can't take pride in something you have no control over. You really can't be "Proud to be gay" or "Proud to be black" or "Proud to be American"

Except it is clear that many people are proud of such things, so they quite obviously can. What you are saying is that they should not. Why might that be? What exactly is this concept of "pride" anyway?

At 7/2/11 12:14 AM, micky315 wrote: Theres nothing offensive about saying "He cant help but like guys", its like saying "He cant help but be a genius". Just because you cant help doing something doesn't mean what you cant help but do is bad :/

Except the implication is that, if he could help it, he would. Or at least that it is somehow unfortunate that his condition (n.b. "condition" is generally used to refer to a negative thing! notice how natural it seems in this context) cannot be rectified.


wolf piss

iPumas
iPumas
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Movie Buff
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 02:55:07 Reply

Homosexuality was once a disease back in the 80's and 90's when it was known as HIV.
True story.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Homosexuality 2011-07-02 03:04:55 Reply

At 7/1/11 11:40 PM, Smittytheghost wrote:

>choose to be gay
>choose to be straight.

Uhhhhh...right.

>If its genetic, why isn't religion genetic? or taste in music? they choose it and their proud to do so.

Fucking genetics, how do they work?

Homosexuality