00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

use of sampling and remixing

712 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

use of sampling and remixing 2011-06-30 21:54:11

I read through the newgrounds user agreements extensively and it's clear that remixes of somebody else's work and use of samples (vocals or otherwise) created by somebody else are strictly forbidden, yet I am constantly coming across tracks that clearly breach this agreement. I was just wondering if anybody else had spotted this and what everybody's thoughts are about it.

Nihilism will weaken all but the strong

Response to use of sampling and remixing 2011-06-30 22:03:11

At 6/30/11 09:54 PM, NeuroDougal wrote: I read through the newgrounds user agreements extensively and it's clear that remixes of somebody else's work and use of samples (vocals or otherwise) created by somebody else are strictly forbidden, yet I am constantly coming across tracks that clearly breach this agreement. I was just wondering if anybody else had spotted this and what everybody's thoughts are about it.

Oh yea, I spot it all the time. My thoughts? NG doesn't care as much as they claim. I've seen a few Top 5 songs using copyrighted vocals and/or samples. No repercussions. However, I still advise to steer clear of posting songs like that just for ethical purposes. But, if you really want to upload them, who the fuck am I to stop you? Obviously many people do it and NG obviously doesn't really do much about it so it's totally up to you.

Check out my new track Tokyo Pop and my hit: Our Nova Pt. 2.

Member of Review Request Club.

Response to use of sampling and remixing 2011-06-30 22:04:38

But just to add before it's too late, don't make your first submission with any copyrighted material or else you'll get banned from the portal.

Check out my new track Tokyo Pop and my hit: Our Nova Pt. 2.

Member of Review Request Club.

Response to use of sampling and remixing 2011-07-01 00:22:16

I was just curious. It just seems a little unfair to those who do follow the rules in my opinion. Some of the high ranking stuff I've spotted has used things that the agreement says they shouldn't and it's those elements that are getting them to the spot they're at. I appreciate that they still worked at it but, frankly, the songs shouldn't even be submitted in the first place.

Nihilism will weaken all but the strong

Response to use of sampling and remixing 2011-07-01 04:53:48

use this remixing but im sure that other music are provide it.