New Topic Respond to this Topic
macboo11
macboo11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 03:41 PM Reply

I got PhotoShop Recently and i now how to color my drawing but do anyone have any pointers toward Coloring i generally just sketch graphic and awkward images and i would like to add more colors to the sketches so they can look more complete.Here an image i finish coloring i feel it looks great but i think i could use some opinions or anything.(also im aware that the index finger is bent and i feel ill just keep itlike just to have a bent finger)no real reason at all but yeah.......

Im Just Starting To See Colors

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 6/24/11 03:41 PM, macboo11 wrote: I got PhotoShop Recently and i now how to color my drawing but do anyone have any pointers toward Coloring i generally just sketch graphic and awkward images and i would like to add more colors to the sketches so they can look more complete.

Depends on how you'd prefer to colour it:

- You could set the sketch layer to Multiply, then colour underneath the sketch on a new layer,
- Or you can try making a new layer on top of the Sketch, set the layer to Color, Overlay or Soft Light, and try painting on top of the sketch.

BBS Signature
Warbrain
Warbrain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 06:57 PM Reply

i usually just re-draw my stuff. i'll open it up then kinda use it as a guide and trace over it.

We are not Human Resources, We are Human Beings!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 07:24 PM Reply

I wouldnt worry so much about the bent index finger as I would about the ringfinger or dislocated thumb

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
macboo11
macboo11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 10:23 PM Reply

yah i use the multiply layer way of coloring but the fingers im aware they are not entirely straight or anything but im ok with the idea that they are flawed im just concerned about the coloring mostly i did another one the same way

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 25th, 2011 @ 09:22 AM Reply

Well, seeing as you're going for a lineless approach (at least, that's what it looks like), you should probably elaborate on Warbrain's answer. Make a new layer above your sketch, and lower your sketch's opacity, then trace the lines (it doesnt have to be a really refined sketch), block in your colors, and paint from there.
While you're at it, you can use your hands or stock photos to get the anatomy down. Your painting may be great but if the anatomy is off (or vice versa) then the result will be unpleasing. :)
(since I can't attach pics from my ipod...) Reference

macboo11
macboo11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 25th, 2011 @ 12:51 PM Reply

i was using my hand as a refrence but i was just in class when i drew the image and teachers are not always accepting when u tell em that your just going to sketch instead of learning the course she had plan to teach and i just decided to point the way i had em draw t begin with on my profile i have theses drawing in color and black and white seeing as how the painting or coloring seems decent as see how no one is giving me any negative feed back towards it i finished this one like at 5 am tonight the coloring at least

vraadoo
vraadoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 25th, 2011 @ 12:56 PM Reply

Nice Design.... go ashed.

macboo11
macboo11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Im Just Starting To See Colors Jun. 25th, 2011 @ 07:18 PM Reply

Thank You! heres another the last image i got in color im still working on others to work with