New Topic Respond to this Topic
OrangyFresh
OrangyFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 23rd, 2011 @ 09:42 AM Reply

I've been visiting newgrounds for some time now and thought I might as well make an account so i could upload any art that is related to a flash game that I'm currently working on.
The game is an adventure side-scroller about a young creature's quest for redemption and to save his home from the evil he has unleashed. This is a concept piece of the warrior king that rules your home. More stuff at my profile. :)

Flash Game Concept Art

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 23rd, 2011 @ 10:41 AM Reply

You're going to need to upload more then one picture, bro.

Frankly, right now, not digging it. Fundamentally flawed (mostly the head). However, if you managed to stay consistent with this, it could end up being really stylish, so I'd like to see some more before I sate anything tangible about the character.

Just, keep it up.

OrangyFresh
OrangyFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 03:50 AM Reply

Would you mind stating how the drawing's flawed? I'm going for a more stylish side and not really focusing on realism as its related to the flash game, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. I will be posting some more stuff, just had a few minor problems with uploading so I've had to compress and resize the art.

This guy is called the Guardian and he helps you during the beginning of the game. The hands were a bit of a pain, but I think they turned out alright.

Flash Game Concept Art

vraadoo
vraadoo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 05:29 AM Reply

go ahead. nice work

OrangyFresh
OrangyFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 24th, 2011 @ 08:35 AM Reply

@Vraadoo Thanks man.

This was painted/drawn a year ago. It was mostly just to help me get a feel for the colour scheme of the game. The river is a bit meh, but I didn't intend for this to be a great piece of art as it was mainly just to get my ideas down on paper. Had to resize and compress it a bit, hopefully the quality is alright.

Flash Game Concept Art

IndigenousDigitalist
IndigenousDigitalist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 27th, 2011 @ 10:36 PM Reply

Because it is a Flash game, the animation is just as important as the art, how you are able to make multiple images that flow between each other to make a continuous motion. But that aside, the artwork looks pretty decent, not too bad. Keep working at it, and it should turn out pretty good.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 28th, 2011 @ 12:53 AM Reply

At 6/23/11 09:42 AM, OrangyFresh wrote: I've been visiting newgrounds for some time now and thought I might as well make an account so i could upload any art that is related to a flash game that I'm currently working on.
The game is an adventure side-scroller about a young creature's quest for redemption and to save his home from the evil he has unleashed. This is a concept piece of the warrior king that rules your home. More stuff at my profile. :)

I'm liking this one. The only thing that really needs work is his head. I can't tell if he's wearing a crown or if that's hair, though i'm pretty sure it's a crown. If it's hair, the bangs need to be changed so they're not just going straight across his forehead half way down, nobody has hair like that. I'd also recommend darkening the hair color so it seems to fit with the rest of the color scheme. If it's a crown, both sides should be symmetrical rather than each side having an uneven number of points.

Also maybe change his armor color slightly? Right now it's almost the same color as his skin and at first glance it looked like he was wearing weird capris.

If you do this the right way, though, this could turn out to be a really cool looking game.

OrangyFresh
OrangyFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Game Concept Art Jun. 28th, 2011 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 6/28/11 12:53 AM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
At 6/23/11 09:42 AM, OrangyFresh wrote: I've been visiting newgrounds for some time now and thought I might as well make an account so i could upload any art that is related to a flash game that I'm currently working on.
I'm liking this one. The only thing that really needs work is his head. I can't tell if he's wearing a crown or if that's hair, though i'm pretty sure it's a crown. If it's hair, the bangs need to be changed so they're not just going straight across his forehead half way down, nobody has hair like that. I'd also recommend darkening the hair color so it seems to fit with the rest of the color scheme. If it's a crown, both sides should be symmetrical rather than each side having an uneven number of points.

Also maybe change his armor color slightly? Right now it's almost the same color as his skin and at first glance it looked like he was wearing weird capris.

If you do this the right way, though, this could turn out to be a really cool looking game.

Thanks! Yeah its meant to be a crown that he's wearing. I'll draw less of the points on the crown and make them slightly less pointy and thicker so its more recognisable. i agree on the fact that the armour should be a slightly lighter colour so its more obvious. As he's king I'll probably give him fancier armour to make him look more important.