00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Possible Heart Problems?

2,450 Views | 36 Replies

Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:46:08

I have a question, and I know none of you are doctor's but I want to get some information before I end up seeing a doctor, as it may not be necessary and end up being a waste of my precious time.

Lately I've been having some chest pains, more so in the left area where the heart is. The other night I was also having very irritating lung pains. I keep getting hot flashes as well, I feel like I am sweating while I am in an ice cold basement.

I've looked up heart burn and stuff a bit, and most of that is just bringing up menopause. Fortunately, I have a penis and that isn't a possibility.

Have any of you had something similar to this happen to you or a friend / family member? Or know anything about it?

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:48:54

If it's just hurting when you breathe, and have to take short breaths, then that's nothing to worry about and you probably just happen to be ill at the same time or something. Can't hurt to get it checked though.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:49:02

Do you do a considerable amount of exercise? Are you over/underweight? How is your diet?

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:50:44

Sounds like a period.

A MAN period.

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:53:00

Heart pain is always something you should look into, also the other things don´t sound quite good, so I would visit a doctor to clear things up, better "wasting some time" than getting possibly a heart attack.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:53:11

hi im obviously a doctor, it's probably pcs.....................................
.............. nothing serious zomg

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 19:56:00

@FuckSandwich - It isn't always just when I'm breathing, usually when I cough. I just made myself cough while typing that and the pain was definitely there.

@Sparrow - My diet is questionable, but I am definitely in no way overweight. I haven't stepped on a scale in some time but last I checked I was around 150-160 pounds, and I'm 6'1 - 6'2 feet tall.

@Bees - No fast beats normally, only when running which is completely normal in those situations. My heart usually beats quite moderately, sometimes slow but never fast. And it is never a loud heartbeat. Nothing you'd be able to hear without a doctor's tool for that.

I understand that this could be something serious, but it could also just be chest pains. I've researched a bit more since typing up the OP and realized it could be all sorts of things... Meaning I'm not going to jump to conclusion on anything, but I will definitely talk to my pops about taking me to the hospital or medical clinic tomorrow, if not I'll just ride my bike to one. Not going to be wasting any time wondering what could be wrong when it could be something serious, or nothing at all...

I got in a fight the other day and got a few shots on my chest, but it has been happening about a week before that and hasn't seemed any worse since.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 20:03:41

See your GP any form of chest pain should generally be checked up it's mainly minor things but in cases if its serious you want wjayever it is caught early.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 20:06:47

Sounds to me like you're possibly suffering from Angina pectoris? This of course could be way off. I'm a long way from being a doctor. Check it out yourself and see if you match any of the symptoms you're describing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angina_pect oris

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 20:09:52

At 6/21/11 08:03 PM, Sprunk101 wrote: See your GP any form of chest pain should generally be checked up it's mainly minor things but in cases if its serious you want wjayever it is caught early.

whatever* V.dark room D:

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 21:20:12

you aren't overweight.

i weigh 150 pounds and am only 5'7" tall. and i am not fat at all.

chest pain could be a symptom of congestive heart disease, infection in the lungs, or depression and anxiety.

pnemonia can be ruled out if you don't have coughs and fever. you can check your cardiorespiratory fitness by measuring the heart rate or just measure the time needed for heart rate to fall below 100 bpm after maximum exertion. heart problems might be possible if you have a weak heart.

i think it is just due to anxiety.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 21:23:49

At 6/21/11 07:46 PM, EpicFail wrote: Have any of you had something similar to this happen to you or a friend / family member? Or know anything about it?

It happened to me a some time ago durning my menopause.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 21:25:07

I've had similar problems, except for the sweating. For me when I had chest pains, its caused me to throw up a few times after eating. Has this happened to you as well?
My doctors seem to think I have an ulcer, that might also be what you have.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 21:27:40

If you can, get an X-ray perhaps. It sounds very similar to the exeprience I recently had with a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung). Have you had to put any particular strain on your affected lung/lung area recently? Is it very hard to breath if you you lie on top of the affected area? Does paracetamol or the like give you (very) temporary relief?

I know it may not be what you are experiencing at all, but as a hypochondriac, I thought I was breaking down and developing angina symptoms too at the time. It was really painful, and I went straight for that stick. Get it checked out if it's intermittent and if it's pneumothorax, they'll be able to deal with it relatively quickly. Let's hope for that over anything else, right?

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 21:29:11

Just saw your bit about receiving blows (missed it first time over). That could also fit in with my above post.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 21:31:17

Going to the doctor will get you more results.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 23:18:36

At 6/21/11 08:06 PM, sparrow wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angina_pect oris

This actually seems quite accurate from what I read... Hmm.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 23:21:24

Never had the hot flashes or anything but a while back when I smoked way to much hemp and had a weird chest pain I went through a period of about a year or so where I kept having "phantom" chest pains.

Every time I went to the doctor they could never find anything wrong and chalked it up to anxiety(panic) attacks. After assuming that's what it was and finding ways to distract myself and such, I don't have them as frequently(only in stressful situations). See if there are things that trigger it.

But most importantly get it checked out because you really can never tell.

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-21 23:46:19

lupis

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-22 02:07:19

Go get it checked out. Your heart is never supposed to hurt. If that shit hurts go get it checked out. The shortness of breath could be connected too. Just get checked out.

Get checked out

"Earth is defenseless but one chosen dolphin can save us all." - Ecco the Dolphin

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-22 02:28:17

Well as someone with heart problems (Aortic Stenosis, and I have had a valve replaced), you should definitely see a doctor. Getting to a cardiologist in Sask. is a pain in the ass though, I've been waiting for like 5 months now for a check up. Hopefully they get you in sooner. Also if you're under lots of stress the issues could be related to that.

"Is this not a reasonable place to park?"

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-22 02:36:04

On what you have said it could be serious, alternativly it could be simple heart murmer or a build up of funk in your heart chambers... you do smoke, so that could also be a problem
Speaking on smokes you need more, I am feeling generous again :)
Id suggest a checkup, your work would probably even be willing to pay you while you get one.

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-22 08:27:36

At 6/21/11 07:53 PM, Asandir wrote: Heart pain is always something you should look into, also the other things don´t sound quite good, so I would visit a doctor to clear things up, better "wasting some time" than getting possibly a heart attack.

If you manage your time then you'll not waste your time and you'll still end up going to the doctor and get a heart attack on the way.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-22 08:31:44

At 6/22/11 08:27 AM, Gimmick wrote: If you manage your time then you'll not waste your time and you'll still end up going to the doctor and get a heart attack on the way.

Well, that would be the worst-case-scenario.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-22 08:45:59

GO to the doctor - it's something they know more about than any of us here. It could be high blood pressure (hypertension) or various other heart issues. It might of course be something else, but I'm no Greg House MD.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-24 02:18:48

I still haven't gone to the doctor, but after doing some work outs because I'm trying to get my lungs in shape again it seems the more I move the more it hurts, pushing on it hurts and breathing is beginning to hurt more after I work out.

I am going for a run right away and I am sure it will kill me, but getting my lungs healthy after quitting smoking is more important to me. But according to some research I've done - It's a cracked rib. All of the symptoms point towards that being the problem, I just jumped to conclusion and assumed the worst. That's how I usually do things. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

The cracked rib makes more sense anyway, I got in a fight not long before this started happening. According to a website I looked at, any bruising on the chest can cause a cracked rib, well ... Here's the bruising I had..

It only makes sense. Photo quality may be shit, but I'm sure it's noticeable.

Possible Heart Problems?

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-24 02:35:43

Interesting fact: Men get heartburn, not just women menopausing! Wtf were you reading?

Also go see a doctor if you already haven't. I read a sign in the doctors I read that said "At the first sign of chest pain go see your doctor." Of course it could be nothing but better to be safe than sorry. Your doctor won't be annoyed if its a minor thing.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-24 02:37:08

At 6/24/11 02:18 AM, EpicFail wrote: It only makes sense. Photo quality may be shit, but I'm sure it's noticeable.

Stop working out until you know what is wrong with you.

BBS Signature

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-24 02:41:26

Yeah I think I am going to go this morning / tomorrow - Friday morning, whatever.

Might as well, if it's just a cracked rib I should get some free pain meds and that should help.

Response to Possible Heart Problems? 2011-06-24 02:43:00

At 6/24/11 02:41 AM, EpicFail wrote: Yeah I think I am going to go this morning / tomorrow - Friday morning, whatever.

Might as well, if it's just a cracked rib I should get some free pain meds and that should help.

But seriously don't work out or go running you might prolong the injury.

BBS Signature