New Topic Respond to this Topic
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 09:39 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 05:59 PM, Jakspeed wrote: Dude STEM did you really beat it already? If so you are my freakin hero. Just curious... if you did beat it, how many hours of gameplay were there?

I beat it in 25. You can easily hit 50 or even 100 if you spend a lot of time talking to all the characters, doing the sidequests, gathering money to get special coins (no spoliers!), find easter eggs, look at the scenery, upgrade ALL your shit, etc

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 09:46 PM, logic wrote: Would you say that this game is a lot more open and a more smooth experience than it's predecessors? Because TP was just.. really bad imo.

I haven't beaten TP yet, still lingers on my wii. This one is definitely more open, you can fly anywhere you want, whenever you want.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:02 AM Reply

Hey, um, it's been confirmed Wii Motion Plus is required to play this game, right? In that case, I gotta get myself one. I hear that they're only 15 US$ on their own, I just never picked up Wii Sports Resort.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:18 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:02 AM, Gustavos wrote: Hey, um, it's been confirmed Wii Motion Plus is required to play this game, right? In that case, I gotta get myself one. I hear that they're only 15 US$ on their own, I just never picked up Wii Sports Resort.

There's absolutely no way you'll be able to play the game without wii motion plus, there are a lot of puzzles that require its precision. You'll definitely need it!

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
SweetenBoy
SweetenBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:36 AM Reply

As I'm waiting for this game to come out, I realized I never actually beat Twilight Princess.

Mood dampener! Now I'm not going to want to play Skyward sword until I beat twilight princess finally.

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 07:42 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:36 AM, SweetenBoy wrote: As I'm waiting for this game to come out, I realized I never actually beat Twilight Princess.

Mood dampener! Now I'm not going to want to play Skyward sword until I beat twilight princess finally.

Neither did I! I've been mucking around with it doing all these neat activities but I never really focused on the storyline as much as I did on everything else. I was never really good at Twilight Princess anyway though.

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 11/17/11 07:42 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 11/17/11 12:36 AM, SweetenBoy wrote: As I'm waiting for this game to come out, I realized I never actually beat Twilight Princess.

Neither did I! I've been mucking around with it doing all these neat activities but I never really focused on the storyline as much as I did on everything else. I was never really good at Twilight Princess anyway though.

Beat the game, lads It's actually really good, but if you're playing on the Wii, expect a lot of "waggle-waggle" action.

ALSO, ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS READY FOR THIS GAME, HUH?! IT'S FUCKING 17TH, YEAH

Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 12:52 PM Reply

How can you guys not finish TP :C
I mean it wasn't that good, but it wasn't bad either ;_;

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 11/17/11 12:52 PM, Damien wrote:

I just didn't feel like putting much effort into the game and gave up after you save some monkey the 3rd or 4th time.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 11/17/11 04:19 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 11/17/11 12:52 PM, Damien wrote:
I just didn't feel like putting much effort into the game and gave up after you save some monkey the 3rd or 4th time.

You never got past the forest temple? I really really really recommend just bearing the reaslly slow introduction to the game. It was one of the worst aspects of the game. Once you get to Kakariko village for the first time, the game starts to get amazing, espcially since the fire temple is simply amazing.

And just to clarify, Wii motion plus is absolutely required. The game will not paly at all without it.

I recommend getting the bundle that includesw the controller since in North America atleast, the soundtrack and controller are only 10$ extra.

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 05:22 PM Reply

SS has ties to OoT, not TP, so you won't miss anything if you just skip TP all together

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Jakspeed
Jakspeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 02:29 AM Reply

Two days guys.... Two freaking days. My main bummer in TP was the lack of sidequests. I love being able to leave a dungeon and relax a bit and go do awesome sidequests for days on end, and it was a huge letdown when the sidequests consisted of bringing a retarded goron some warm water to rebuild a bridge, and playing a rolling ball game for nine hundred hours to get a fucking frog lure. I want poes, market game, secret dungeons, personable missions, delivery items, and mended relationships. And I want them to keep coming.

Also, as far as I can see, the overworld will be more like classic Zelda, where you can set out and just constantly fight your way through hordes of evil monsters as you travel the countryside, reminiscent of LOZ and LTTP. Am I right?

Alternative Country/Folk, take a listen!

I do my own music, I'd appreciate it if y'all would take a listen, you never know what you might hear.

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 03:50 AM Reply

At 11/18/11 02:29 AM, Jakspeed wrote: Also, as far as I can see, the overworld will be more like classic Zelda, where you can set out and just constantly fight your way through hordes of evil monsters as you travel the countryside, reminiscent of LOZ and LTTP. Am I right?

If I can relate it to any of the Zelda's, it would have to be Ocarina of Time. You can go anywhere you want, do sidequests at your leisure, and immerse yourself in optional dialogue content as much or as little as you want

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 09:08 AM Reply

Just got it! I'm especially happy with the cd + booklet including the (printed :P) autograph of my personal hero Koji Kondo. The golden controller looks great (they even included batteries!) and the disc looks amazing. One problem though: I still have to work for 2 more hours. Can't wait to get home and play.

Jakspeed
Jakspeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 11/18/11 12:20 PM, psychicpebble wrote:
When is the United States release again?

20th. Apparently FYE is the place you want to go to get it if you didn't preorder the game; they said they don't usually get hit with release-day heavy traffic the way Game Spot and Best Buy do. I guess they get swamped a week or two after, so it shouldn't be a problem going in on Sunday and buying the game. That's my plan.

I do my own music, I'd appreciate it if y'all would take a listen, you never know what you might hear.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 01:22 PM Reply

I've got the game, I NEED A HEART PIECE LOCATIONS NOW.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Jakspeed
Jakspeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 11:30 AM Reply

At 11/18/11 01:22 PM, simon wrote: I've got the game, I NEED A HEART PIECE LOCATIONS NOW.

There's a thing for that I used to use all the time... Ummm OH YA!

Do it yourself.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 11:56 AM Reply

At 11/19/11 11:30 AM, Jakspeed wrote:
At 11/18/11 01:22 PM, simon wrote: I've got the game, I NEED A HEART PIECE LOCATIONS NOW.
There's a thing for that I used to use all the time... Ummm OH YA!

Do it yourself.

Funny guy, except there's one more which I've searched the whole fucking lands for.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 11/16/11 01:51 AM, STEM wrote:
At 11/15/11 11:41 PM, joe9320 wrote: By the way, I noticed that the forums on another site said that there is Beedle's Shop and Pumpkin Landing on Sky Island. Can you confirm it?
Beedle's shop is a small house that floats around the bazaar in the middle of sky island. It's where you go to get a variety of helpful (and holy moly expensive) upgrades.

Could this be the ancestor of Beedle in Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks? Let's find out....

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 12:53 PM Reply

I'm getting this in a year. Since I have no wii.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG Trophy Leaderboard / NG User Icon Makers / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
Benji
Benji
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 03:16 PM Reply

beat it. my only lasting impressions throught where "oooooooooooooooooooooooooh. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that explains everything"

it literally explains everything you'll ever see in the LoZ, which kind of makes you hate this Link because TINY LITTLE INSIGNIFICANT SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY ALERT he's the cause of every single following LoZ game pretty much.

BBS Signature
Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 04:23 PM Reply

I don't know why everyone gives Twilight Princess so much shit. It's actually my second favorite Zelda game, being beat only by Link to the Past.

Of course, I play it on the GameCube. It was made for the Cube, and it is SO much better on it.

BBS Signature
ghdude85
ghdude85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 04:23 PM, Morph94 wrote: I don't know why everyone gives Twilight Princess so much shit. It's actually my second favorite Zelda game, being beat only by Link to the Past.

Of course, I play it on the GameCube. It was made for the Cube, and it is SO much better on it.

Hey I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and it is without a doubt one of my favorite Zelda-games to. The only thing that brings it a little down is the fact that the game is nothing but fanservice to the Ocarina of Time fans who couldn't stand Wind Waker (my 2nd favorite) becuase of the style and colorful world.

So they made the dark and weird twisted look you find in Twilight Princess to please the "hardcore" and "cool" gamers who hates colors.. Both artstyles fits right into the Legend of Zelda-universe if you ask me.

There is no doubt that Skyward Sword is my new absolute favorite Zelda-game! Amazing art, smooth graphics, epic story and new turns and twists around every single corner! Amazing game is amazing!

MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 11/20/11 04:23 PM, Morph94 wrote: I don't know why everyone gives Twilight Princess so much shit. It's actually my second favorite Zelda game, being beat only by Link to the Past.

Many people whined about the style and the constant waggle-waggle on the Wii. Fighting enemies was like beating your meat off D:

But I still like the game very much

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 20th, 2011 @ 06:16 PM Reply

Actually, the gamecube version doesn't have widescreen mode. Basically, would you rather have a tired arm from sword fighting, or claustrophobia?

I got the game, and it took me abotu three hours to get the green tunic, the point in the game where you realize the introduction is over.

The introduction in this game was much better than Twilight Princess. It intertwined the tutorial with the story very smoothly.

I love the sky in this game. I love just flying whenever I don't want to go to a dungeon.

My current favourite location is the VERY MINOR SPOILERS THAT AREN'T REALLY BUT I WARNED YOU Lumpy Pumpkin restaurant. I love stabbing pumpkins and hurling them at people.

SweetenBoy
SweetenBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 11/20/11 06:07 PM, MrSaint wrote: Many people whined about the style and the constant waggle-waggle on the Wii. Fighting enemies was like beating your meat off D:

The early criticism Skyward sword got totally reminded me of the same Wind waker got. Wind waker ended up being one of the best zelda games ever, and Skyward sword can be called the same.

But I still like the game very much

I've already put 10 hours into this game, and I got it around 14 hours ago :P

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 01:34 AM Reply

The first Wii game was Zelda, and the last is Zelda. I am seeing some book end here.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
darknerd64
darknerd64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 04:03 PM Reply

What would you give Skyward Sword out of 10?

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 04:32 PM Reply

I bought a copy on the day of launch.

Too bad I have to gift it though.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 04:03 PM, darknerd64 wrote: What would you give Skyward Sword out of 10?

Probably a 9.5 It's amazing and definetly lived up to expectations although not the perfect game in my opinion. Skyloft is loads of fun and there's so much to see and do there although STEM is right it does seem to get smaller after completing the temple. It brought back lots of memories with games such as Majora's Mask and the game totally blew my mind in every single category.

BBS Signature