New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-03 21:52:40 Reply

Finally preordered it. I have stopped posting new information about the game because it seems like Nintendo is revealing way too much information. I don't want to spoil the game for myself.

Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-04 23:01:55 Reply

At 9/25/11 04:10 PM, ghdude85 wrote:
At 9/25/11 02:46 PM, Dent0n wrote:
At 7/10/11 12:13 PM, Crink wrote: twilight princess was a great game you n00bs
Agreed. A dark Zelda game was just what we need in the series
Majoras Mask is actually rather darker then Twilight Princess. Not in graphics or looks but in the nature of the game. But yeah, Twilight Princess is truly one of the best Zelda games. I can't wait for Skyward Sword. Finaly we will have a game that will knock Ocarina of Time down from it's throne!

I agree on that one Majora's Mask IS darker when it comes to the story, i actually meant it in a graphical way which gives the game an adult theme. Twillight Princess was pretty damn awesome, my second favorite Zelda game!

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.
No Fap November!

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-05 01:34:05 Reply

At 10/29/11 11:36 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Short recap: Fi is the Sword godess as well as your "fairy" companion this time around, Midna and Navi style. She is the Skyward Sword, to be turned into the Master Sword, which Lord Girahim wants to revive his master.

I remember reading an article about an anthropomorphic Master Sword appearing in the next game a while ago. But for now, I could imagine Link touching Fi's legs.

Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-05 01:45:57 Reply

Yeaaahhh, I'm super fucking amped for this game. I don't like knowing all that much about any LoZ game before I play it, so I never read this thread. It'd just ruin it, man.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-06 12:41:43 Reply

My favorite thing about the game so far is definetly the preview of Skyloft. It looks like it has an extremely massive size and there appears to be loads of things to do within the city before you move on. Looks like a very peaceful game I won't let the soundtrack out of my mind.

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-08 00:57:58 Reply

At 11/6/11 12:41 PM, tyler2513 wrote: My favorite thing about the game so far is definetly the preview of Skyloft. It looks like it has an extremely massive size and there appears to be loads of things to do within the city before you move on. Looks like a very peaceful game I won't let the soundtrack out of my mind.

You had probably not recognize the image I sent you of someone's theory of Link touching Fi's legs, and rips him open.

Back on topic, did they just watched Avatar?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-08 17:19:22 Reply

The official site has launched.

It has a nice little map of the overworld. Looks really big.

I hope they put that awesome picture of Link riding his bird throught the sky. It would make an amazing desktop.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-11 22:02:24 Reply

So I played the demo version of the gmae at my local EB games (the Canadian name for Gamestop).

My thoughts:

I was given three choices, a bird flying level, a boos battle, or a dungeon level, specifically the Sky Temple.

I went with the dungeon becasue I thought I'd get the most gameplay variety.

Graphics: Assuming the real game will look like the demo, the game looks great. Obviously not as good as HD, but the game looks much better than Twilight Princess, and the cartoony graphics look nice.

Gameplay: I expected very accurate motion controls from some of the reviews I've been reading, but the sword controls were a bit off to me.

They worked well, but sometimes I felt as if I did an upward slash, when Link did a downward slash. Other than a few odd slashes, the controls are pretty nice.

I had access to the beetle item, sort of like a little camera to scope out new areas and get ruppes and crates etc.. The controls were fine.

The slingshot works by pointing at the screen and pressing a button. Just like TP.

I didn't get enoguh time to try thr bombs this time, but apparently you can now pull a bomb out and choose when you want it to start counting down. A nice touch alongside the options to either lob or roll the bombs.

The bow works nice, you get more accuracy and power than the slingshot, and pulling bakc the nunchuck adds power to your shot.

You have two invintory wheels that don't pause the game, so it's pretty streamlined. One for all your shields (you can have more than one when their meter runs out) and your potions, and another wheel for your main items.

You can point upwards with the sword to get a charged blast that you can release.

Fi is your new Navi/Midna replacement, but more boring and hand-holdy.

Overall: The game looks and plays well, and the enemies I encountered couldn't be brought down by random slashing, so atleast the combat won't be my least favourite part about Zelda games now. Only 9 days left to wait.

IraHayes
IraHayes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-12 19:06:55 Reply

I'm so freaking excited about this. Are their demos in stores in the states? We used to have EB everywhere but of course GameStop bought them out... I wonder if there are playable demos anywhere I'd love to try it out.

Morph94
Morph94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-12 21:31:34 Reply

Ah. Once this game comes out, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be playing it non-stop.

BBS Signature
Mfan
Mfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-13 20:23:22 Reply

let me guess, the pattern will go something like this ...

wooded dungeon
mountain dungeon
water dungeon
desert area
ice area
some place in the sky
light arrows
bad guy
the end

Republican

KillerCRS
KillerCRS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Voice Actor
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-14 04:08:10 Reply

I got a hold of a leaked copy. Great game. Not the best Zelda ever (I believe that distinction belongs to Wind Waker, but I'm sure people will argue with me on that) but definitely better than Twilight Princess.
The first hour or so is spent wondering if you're retarded because the sword doesn't work the way you want it to. You'll figure it out.

wake up sheeple

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-14 16:01:53 Reply

At 11/14/11 04:08 AM, KillerCRS wrote: I got a hold of a leaked copy. Great game. Not the best Zelda ever (I believe that distinction belongs to Wind Waker, but I'm sure people will argue with me on that) but definitely better than Twilight Princess.
The first hour or so is spent wondering if you're retarded because the sword doesn't work the way you want it to. You'll figure it out.

Yeah, I felt like that when I tried the demo version. Hopefully you tell the truth when the sword gets more accurate.

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-14 20:35:31 Reply

been playing it for a few days now, this guy is my favorite character so far

Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-14 20:49:34 Reply

At 11/14/11 08:35 PM, STEM wrote: been playing it for a few days now, this guy is my favorite character so far

Yes, quite creepy. I look forward to avoiding Mr. Pedo Philo there. How'd you get your early copy STEM old boy?

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-14 21:21:41 Reply

At 11/14/11 08:49 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Yes, quite creepy. I look forward to avoiding Mr. Pedo Philo there. How'd you get your early copy STEM old boy?

street date broken in switzerland by ~2 weeks

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-15 18:50:59 Reply

At 11/14/11 09:21 PM, STEM wrote:
At 11/14/11 08:49 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Yes, quite creepy. I look forward to avoiding Mr. Pedo Philo there. How'd you get your early copy STEM old boy?
street date broken in switzerland by ~2 weeks

You've got to be kidding me. I went from being possibly one of the first on the planet to play this game to being one of the last to get a good glimpse at a copy of the game.

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-15 19:46:48 Reply

Cannot wait for this game, BRING IT ON.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-15 22:24:22 Reply

A slight bump, Penny Arcade is making a five-page comic on Skyward Sword on behalf of Nintendo. BEGIN YE HYPE AGAIN

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-15 23:41:26 Reply

At 11/12/11 07:06 PM, IraHayes wrote: I'm so freaking excited about this. Are their demos in stores in the states? We used to have EB everywhere but of course GameStop bought them out... I wonder if there are playable demos anywhere I'd love to try it out.

We still have EB in Australia. Y U NO BUY EB IN OZ, GAMESTOP?

Anyway, on November 24, Australia is going to get that game! Finally, after you finish this game we just begin to play it.

By the way, I noticed that the forums on another site said that there is Beedle's Shop and Pumpkin Landing on Sky Island. Can you confirm it?

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 01:51:15 Reply

At 11/15/11 11:41 PM, joe9320 wrote: By the way, I noticed that the forums on another site said that there is Beedle's Shop and Pumpkin Landing on Sky Island. Can you confirm it?

Beedle's shop is a small house that floats around the bazaar in the middle of sky island. You shoot the bell hanging off the house with your slingshot, and he'll let down a rope that allows you to climb inside. It's where you go to get a variety of helpful (and holy moly expensive) upgrades.

Pumpkin Landing is one of the islands that floats around sky island, it's a big inn/bar the shape of a pumpkin. If you break the chandelier inside, you get to do side quests

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
MrSaint
MrSaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 02:59:03 Reply

Argh, I want to play it so badly. Luckily, I am getting it real soon.

Also, STEM, you lucky devil, I envy you so much. I feel like a dumbass for sitting here and waiting, while you are running around and saving Zelda

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 03:24:48 Reply

At 11/16/11 02:59 AM, MrSaint wrote: Argh, I want to play it so badly. Luckily, I am getting it real soon.

Also, STEM, you lucky devil, I envy you so much. I feel like a dumbass for sitting here and waiting, while you are running around and saving Zelda

already beat it lols

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 04:37:12 Reply

I played the leaked E3 demo but the controls were absolutely horrible. Did they fix that in the final version?

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 05:01:11 Reply

At 11/14/11 08:35 PM, STEM wrote: been playing it for a few days now, this guy is my favorite character so far

I really hate you for getting an early copy.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it
Find me on the internet / TF2 Crew / NG GM Scripts

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 08:34:52 Reply

At 11/16/11 03:24 AM, STEM wrote:
At 11/16/11 02:59 AM, MrSaint wrote: Argh, I want to play it so badly. Luckily, I am getting it real soon.

already beat it lols

Is Skyloft really that big? I heard it's quite a tremendous size with loads to see and do with magnificent scenery.

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 12:37:42 Reply

At 11/16/11 08:34 AM, tyler2513 wrote: Is Skyloft really that big? I heard it's quite a tremendous size with loads to see and do with magnificent scenery.

at first you're like how the fuck am I going to remember where everything is, then when you complete the first temple, it actually starts to feel pretty small. It's the way with a lot of games I suppose.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
ghdude85
ghdude85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 15:53:20 Reply

I recived the game earlier today and I have been playing non-stop! This game is amazing!!! <3 I just beated the 1st temple and now I am doing some side-quest.

The Skyloft isn't to big and it is pretty easy to navigate, but the Sky in general is pretty huge!

BritishGamer
BritishGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 16:01:09 Reply

I'm waiting for my game which will come on Friday. Maybe those with emulated (not exactly legal but who cares) could somehow find some hidden glitches or even beta content.

i fucking love beta content and glitches
Jakspeed
Jakspeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Official Loz Skyward Sword Thread 2011-11-16 17:59:44 Reply

Dude STEM did you really beat it already? If so you are my freakin hero. Just curious... if you did beat it, how many hours of gameplay were there?

Alternative Country/Folk, take a listen!

I do my own music, I'd appreciate it if y'all would take a listen, you never know what you might hear.