Be a Supporter!
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 12:54 PM Reply

Named so because I can.

So.

Here's something I just made to break my art block. I used the pose from one of Ickylust's photos. Pretty messy, I know.

Anxious Rust

VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 01:24 PM Reply

A request of some dude's OC.

Anxious Rust

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 6/21/11 12:54 PM, VividGrim wrote: Named so because I can.

So.

Here's something I just made to break my art block. I used the pose from one of Ickylust's photos. Pretty messy, I know.

Really nice colors here.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 6/21/11 02:06 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 6/21/11 12:54 PM, VividGrim wrote: Named so because I can.

So.

Here's something I just made to break my art block. I used the pose from one of Ickylust's photos. Pretty messy, I know.
Really nice colors here.

Thankyou kindly sir.

sirhenrystudios
sirhenrystudios
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Animator
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 6/21/11 12:54 PM, VividGrim wrote: Named so because I can.

So.

Here's something I just made to break my art block. I used the pose from one of Ickylust's photos. Pretty messy, I know.

This one at the top is awesome, great job dude!


"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions."

BBS Signature
BrainworkInProgress
BrainworkInProgress
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 04:49 PM Reply

Good way to start an art thread with!

More please!
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 07:30 PM Reply

D'aww, quit making me blush.

Practice with lineless work. I'll remake it soon and add in a background, though I can't think of anything. Suggestions? Oh, and it's Kamitsure/Elesa from Black & White.

Anxious Rust

Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 6/21/11 07:30 PM, VividGrim wrote: D'aww, quit making me blush.

Practice with lineless work. I'll remake it soon and add in a background, though I can't think of anything. Suggestions?

Why not something like the steel and trippy lights of the gym?


I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 07:46 PM Reply

At 6/21/11 07:35 PM, Felis wrote:
At 6/21/11 07:30 PM, VividGrim wrote: D'aww, quit making me blush.

Practice with lineless work. I'll remake it soon and add in a background, though I can't think of anything. Suggestions?
Why not something like the steel and trippy lights of the gym?

Good idea. Ooh, maybe she could be sitting in a roller coaster seat.

Sketch. I find long necks aesthetically pleasing and fascinating, so I've been toying around with ridiculously long necks.

Anxious Rust

VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 26th, 2011 @ 09:52 PM Reply

Part of the sketch for the new Kamitsure pic~ I can't decide what she's sitting on, though... it can't be the floor, because of the pose.

Anxious Rust

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Anxious Rust Jun. 26th, 2011 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 6/26/11 09:52 PM, VividGrim wrote: Part of the sketch for the new Kamitsure pic~ I can't decide what she's sitting on, though... it can't be the floor, because of the pose.

A park bench maybe?! Btw that opening piece is awesome I can't quite get the grasp of why I like it so much but yea I do like the compliments of it.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jul. 24th, 2011 @ 11:18 PM Reply

deeeerp

bleh

Anxious Rust

Bryony
Bryony
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jul. 25th, 2011 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 6/21/11 07:46 PM, VividGrim wrote: Sketch. I find long necks aesthetically pleasing and fascinating, so I've been toying around with ridiculously long necks.

Love this sketch, reminds me of Modigliani. Check him out - he has quite interesting angles for long necks.


BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Jul. 28th, 2011 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 7/25/11 08:47 AM, Bryony wrote:
At 6/21/11 07:46 PM, VividGrim wrote: Sketch. I find long necks aesthetically pleasing and fascinating, so I've been toying around with ridiculously long necks.
Love this sketch, reminds me of Modigliani. Check him out - he has quite interesting angles for long necks.

Thankyou. I did - some of his work looks childish, with the mask-like faces and oddly-placed eyes. I noticed that in addition to elongated necks he drew a lot of long noses. Very interesting.

I'm more a fan of Giacometti and Munch.

Here's a piece made for an art trade. I like it, though the hands need more contrast with the undershirt thing.

Anxious Rust

VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Aug. 4th, 2011 @ 10:31 AM Reply

I've done a few colour scheme challenges - the template consists of six squares, each with five or so colours. You can use only the colours assigned for each square. Very fun.

Anxious Rust

VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:06 PM Reply

Saaaaaailor Hitler!

Anxious Rust

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Anxious Rust Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 06:06 PM, VividGrim wrote: Saaaaaailor Hitler!

o.O....
The randomness of this picture... Wow
I Lol'd


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Anxious Rust Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:24 PM Reply

I think you need to pull more detail from your work, and do some landscape/cityscape or backgroundwork in general ;P


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 8/18/11 06:24 PM, Knocturne wrote: I think you need to pull more detail from your work, and do some landscape/cityscape or backgroundwork in general ;P

Yessir. Should I draw from pictures or make up my own stuff? I have trouble coming up with details to add to pictures.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Member since: May. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Anxious Rust Aug. 18th, 2011 @ 07:05 PM Reply

I think referencing is really helpful.
Thinking of a pose, starting it then using various references to define it and do the same with the background and such is what I usually do. But you understand the general form pretty well already


Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
VividGrim
VividGrim
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anxious Rust Sep. 10th, 2011 @ 06:50 PM Reply

blah blah blah

...I like owls.

Anxious Rust