00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bitommy762 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

An Email From Sega

1,252 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

An Email From Sega 2011-06-18 06:56:50

I had absolutely no idea.

Dear Callum,

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers' data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

If you have any further questions please contact SEGA customer support on csescalations@sega.com

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-06-18 08:15:33

What's SEGA Pass? I've never heard of it.

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-06-18 08:15:59

At 6/18/11 08:15 AM, Avensus wrote: What's SEGA Pass? I've never heard of it.

Just their support ticket shit.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-06-19 08:54:21

This is an aware

HELLO

BBS Signature

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-06-20 01:54:48

At 6/19/11 04:00 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 6/18/11 08:15 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
Just their support ticket shit.
They managed to react to this much quicker and much better than Sony did with PSN. And that was a MUCH bigger deal than this. I hope you're paying attention Sony. THIS is how you handle security breaches. You IMMEDIATELY let your customers know exactly what happened and what you're doing about it.

Yeah this e-mail isn't a hoax or spam.

Someone breeched their site/accounts.

Be advised that you should change usernames or passwords that are the same as the ones you use at sega.

Also, if you have your sega account linked to any other e-mails, go change info on those now.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-09-16 19:58:48

I hate hackers they always ruin it for everybody else Stop Hacking You Damn Hackers!

I am super and you are not.

BBS Signature

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-09-16 20:04:24

At 6/18/11 10:04 AM, Travis wrote: Lulsec

Pretty sure they retired.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to An Email From Sega 2011-09-16 20:15:14

Me too.
I have never ever heard of Sega Pass.

All i heard is just their company, some of their games and their website and also their forums.