New Topic Respond to this Topic
Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 15th, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie w/111059-Duke-Nukem-Train-Wreck-Trashes-
Take-Two

After the terrible out come of Duke Nukem Forever and poor sales. Take-Two has lost 4% of it's market share just in that release time. Coupled with L.A. Noire selling under a million copies, Take-Two's financial gain has been "significantly reduced."

I guess you can't bet it all on the Duke.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
OwnageGiy223
OwnageGiy223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 6/15/11 06:37 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie w/111059-Duke-Nukem-Train-Wreck-Trashes-
Take-Two

After the terrible out come of Duke Nukem Forever and poor sales. Take-Two has lost 4% of it's market share just in that release time. Coupled with L.A. Noire selling under a million copies, Take-Two's financial gain has been "significantly reduced."

The sad part is, people are still in denial that Duke Nukem Forever is fucking horrendous. They were waiting so zealously for this game for 12 fucking years, and can't except the fact that they waited for nothing.

SloppyMoe606
SloppyMoe606
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 6/16/11 09:27 AM, OwnageGiy223 wrote:
The sad part is, people are still in denial that Duke Nukem Forever is fucking horrendous. They were waiting so zealously for this game for 12 fucking years, and can't except the fact that they waited for nothing.

Or maybe I actually like the game dickface.

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 10:29 AM Reply

At 6/16/11 10:24 AM, SloppyMoe606 wrote:

This. I'm not in denial, I just think it's an all around great game.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 6/16/11 10:29 AM, kiljoy96 wrote: This. I'm not in denial, I just think it's an all around great game.

I second this. I have an epic careface about those reviews and shit. The game is just awesome.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
berthon
berthon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Yeah I don't know what you guys are saying, You must have not played the game, because the game that I played was fucking awesome. And I'm pretty sure I was playing Duke Nukem Forever.

BBS Signature
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Oh who didn't see that coming.

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 05:26 PM Reply

Even more of a reason to start drumming up hype for GTA V. Give us a fucking logo. I'd pay to see a goddamn official logo.

InZane3
InZane3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 16th, 2011 @ 05:42 PM Reply

At 6/16/11 10:29 AM, kiljoy96 wrote:

What do you think about the things that people are complaining about in the reviews? Are they just irrelevant, or do the issues not bother you personally?

Looking forward to: Arkham City, Dead Island, Rage Game

Sinitron
Sinitron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 6/16/11 05:42 PM, InZane3 wrote:
What do you think about the things that people are complaining about in the reviews? Are they just irrelevant, or do the issues not bother you personally?

Ignore the console reviews, the ports are lousy. The PC version needs patches to improve stability. The game itself is sort of a mess in a lot of ways but it isn't inherently bad, just not amazingly good. Some people gave it bad reviews because they didn't think it was funny, either.

It would have been great if it was 20$. I got the Balls of Steel edition because then I'd get the bad-ass bust even if the game were to suck shit, but I enjoyed it while it lasted. Still need to try the multi-player, though.

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!
-
cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 04:00 PM, Sinitron wrote:
At 6/16/11 05:42 PM, InZane3 wrote:
Ignore the console reviews, the ports are lousy.

You moron, that's where the majority of sales come from: The console gamers. If we're discussing the sales figures and such, the 'fact' that the console versions are shit is a huge issue. If this is true they should have just waited a bit longer and fixed the shit.

Now, I'm not a graphics whore, coincidentally I'm also a huge Nintendo enthusiast, but the graphics on Duke Nukem Forever, from what I've seen, look like muthafuckin' Doom 3. Yeah, I said it, Doom fucking 3.

Now, you might say, "Doom three had amazing graphics for the time," and I'd say, "The fuck it did, I always thought that shit was ugly as hell. When your textures and meshes suck that much balls, it must brainwash people into thinking they rock."

In all seriousness, the Zelda games for the CDi Phillips looked better than that shit.

The afore mentioned should allow you to understand my views on the graphic quality of Duke Nukem Forever.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Nerdonk
Nerdonk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 05:25 PM Reply

"On the day of the game's US release, shares in Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar Games' parent company, peaked at 17.75% and closed up 7.75% on the day; a three-year high for the company."

Oh yes, LA Noire completely tanked Take-Two.

Your opinion is wrong.
Current favourite thread.

whitejammrock101
whitejammrock101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 10:44 PM Reply

Well at least Duke Nukem Forever brought back an shoot em up fps style instead of a CoD or medal of honor type fps

"You cannot kill what you did not create" from Slipknot
"I am the indestructable master of war" from Disturbed
"If you're gonna go, go with a smile" from The Joker

Sinitron
Sinitron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 04:15 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You moron, that's where the majority of sales come from: The console gamers. If we're discussing the sales figures and such, the 'fact' that the console versions are shit is a huge issue. If this is true they should have just waited a bit longer and fixed the shit.

Console gamers aren't people. They are consumer androids meant to feed the corporate machine.

-

BBS Signature
Sysko
Sysko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 17th, 2011 @ 11:10 PM Reply

At 6/16/11 05:26 PM, Fezz wrote: Even more of a reason to start drumming up hype for GTA V. Give us a fucking logo. I'd pay to see a goddamn official logo.

It's probably gonna be the same as the other logos, just with a "V" numeral. No significant changes, really.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 12:26 AM Reply

So, to the people saying they liked the game, just out of curiosity, what specifically did you like about it?

At 6/17/11 10:44 PM, whitejammrock101 wrote: Well at least Duke Nukem Forever brought back an shoot em up fps style instead of a CoD or medal of honor type fps

Games like Painkiller and Serious Sam did the same thing only much, much better.

At 6/17/11 10:47 PM, Sinitron wrote: Console gamers aren't people. They are consumer androids meant to feed the corporate machine.

Or people who aren't willing or able to shell out hundreds of extra dollars to be able to run current games on their PCs. Or people with Macs. Or people who like the feel of a controller. Or people who have friends and want to play with them. Or people who...

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Wings of Desire (Wenders, 1987, West Germany/France) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Sinitron
Sinitron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 6/18/11 12:26 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 6/17/11 10:47 PM, Sinitron wrote: Console gamers aren't people. They are consumer androids meant to feed the corporate machine.
Or people who aren't willing or able to shell out hundreds of extra dollars to be able to run current games on their PCs. Or people with Macs. Or people who like the feel of a controller. Or people who have friends and want to play with them. Or people who...

No, they're just plain not people. They have no minds, no thoughts, no opinions or unique talents. They're merely fodder for something greater.

Also, Macs are just shitty computers with a stupid logo, controllers are readily available for computers as well, laptops allow you to sit next to a friend or just simply talk over skype/ventrilo/whatever else, and you can also use computers for a vast number of tasks which you cannot use consoles for - such as creating fanciful artwork, editing sound, filing your taxes or looking up phone numbers.

The only reason anyone would ever get a console is if they're an Activision fanboy.

-

BBS Signature
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 6/18/11 12:57 AM, Sinitron wrote: No, they're just plain not people. They have no minds, no thoughts, no opinions or unique talents. They're merely fodder for something greater.

Gamers can have opinions and thoughts no matter what platform, PC or otherwise. Using a console will not kill you nor make you stupid. What makes someone stupid is looking down at people who just want to play games on their platform of choice. Yeah, PC is awesome and has many perks that consoles don't. But that doesn't give you any right to think that console gamers are idiots or consumer tools because that's how they want to spend their money. Fling insults as you will, but let the players play on what THEY want.

zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 6/16/11 09:27 AM, OwnageGiy223 wrote: The sad part is, people are still in denial that Duke Nukem Forever is fucking horrendous. They were waiting so zealously for this game for 12 fucking years, and can't except the fact that they waited for nothing.

I think you should add on "people who over hyped the game are still in denial that Duke Nukem Forever is fucking horrendous".

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 6/18/11 12:57 AM, Sinitron wrote:
At 6/18/11 12:26 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
No, they're just plain not people. They have no minds, no thoughts, no opinions or unique talents. They're merely fodder for something greater.

Also, Macs are just shitty computers with a stupid logo, controllers are readily available for computers as well, laptops allow you to sit next to a friend or just simply talk over skype/ventrilo/whatever else, and you can also use computers for a vast number of tasks which you cannot use consoles for - such as creating fanciful artwork, editing sound, filing your taxes or looking up phone numbers.

The only reason anyone would ever get a console is if they're an Activision fanboy.

I hate it when I come across idiotic "PC fanboys" like yourself. You do know that the hate against console gamers is held by a much smaller group of PC gamers than ever before right? You're a dying breed, bro, you might as well just get over it.

Yes, Macs are fucking pieces of shit. I don't think the hate for Macs will ever go away, hahaha.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Smorsh
Smorsh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 03:04 AM Reply

At 6/16/11 05:42 PM, InZane3 wrote: What do you think about the things that people are complaining about in the reviews? Are they just irrelevant, or do the issues not bother you personally?

I don't care about what other people think of the game, I liked it.

Real artists draw their own user picture and signature. I am not a real artist.
Free sexay prons!
Sig credit to Ninjar.

BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 05:15 AM Reply

Both those game suck too, LA NOIRE shouldn't be getting as much positive press as it is. Both those games were equally boring with bland gameplay elements. In Duke Nukem Forever you could only care 2 weapons and in the original Duke you could carry alot. Only carry 2 weapons??? Lame, mind you didn't do much shooting in Duke because it was wacked like that. And LA NOIRE is so lame that it doesn't matter what choices you make in the game because the end result is still the lame and the missions weren't even fun but most of them were tedious and boring.

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

twistex
twistex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 18th, 2011 @ 05:58 AM Reply

i ahvent played ny of the new duke yet but wat i dont get is y do so mnay people have a hate against duke nukem forever. it seems like an decent game and he was an fantastic charecter 14 years ago. it seems that most people that have an hate against it r people that r 10 years old that r way to addicted to COD nad Halo and cause of that they find that it is just abland FPS when it could acyuelly b a really good game.

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature
Sinitron
Sinitron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 11:37 AM Reply

At 6/18/11 01:25 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: I hate it when I come across idiotic "PC fanboys" like yourself. You do know that the hate against console gamers is held by a much smaller group of PC gamers than ever before right? You're a dying breed, bro, you might as well just get over it.

I used to think consoles were alright when I was like.... 14? But over time their gimmicky and stagnant nature just struck me as pointless. They are toys, not tools. They're fine if you're too poor or simple-minded to purchase and operate worthwhile hardware.

At 6/18/11 01:25 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Yes, Macs are fucking pieces of shit. I don't think the hate for Macs will ever go away, hahaha.

Macs are simplified to appeal to less adept users. In this sense, they are similar to consoles.

-

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 6/19/11 11:37 AM, Sinitron wrote:
Macs are simplified to appeal to less adept users. In this sense, they are similar to consoles.

I love you.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 6/18/11 12:26 AM, Dr-Worm wrote: So, to the people saying they liked the game, just out of curiosity, what specifically did you like about it?

It has plenty of great action, the blood and gore is much higher than most FPSes, and it still has plenty of great, badass Duke attitude to it, even if half of it is cheesy and the other half is chuckle humor. The graphics may not be the best thing out there, but they still get the job done and at the end of the day, they still look good and really give the maps detail and atmosphere. The weapons, both new and old, also feel great, look great, and are powerful and kick the right amount of ass, even if you can only carry two at a time. Meanwhile, the enemy AI is strong, smart, and isn't as easily manipulated as it was in Duke Nukem 3D, forcing you to fight hard rather than waltz and shoot about like a drunken Rambo. In addition, more of the environment is destructible, the driving areas are a new and welcome implementation as something that was never done before in a Duke Nukem game, and the puzzles are a lot more clever as opposed to just pressing big red button sequences like in Duke Nukem 3D.

If you're bashing and bitching about this game, you're not looking hard enough. There's plenty of material to appreciate about it.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature
KiDX05
KiDX05
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Forever is a duke game in every way but that's just that it's a duke game people expect some super maturity from duke when he's always been the kid,
as for game play some things are disappointing like the fact you only get two weapons you can kinder ads you have regen health & can't super fast infinite run but worst of all they removed the mighty BOOT.

Duke still play's pretty much like 3D but it also try's to be a more modern shooter which is where duke fails he's meant to be a chaotic shooter full of non-stop awesomely fun moments which are ruined by some of the removed/added mechanics mentioned above.

As for graphics duke looks good not AAA good but good enough for this gen the game try's to stay true to 90's style of game play but fails when it try's to go for the COD approach which is sad as I'm a big fan of the DN series if this had released back when it was meant to it would've been met with a lot of praise but duke hasn't age well in a world where sexist pig s of doucheness males are no longer fun as main characters it's a game that could've avoided a lot of hate if it didn't go & try to be a modern shooter.

One last redeem for duke is fact the multi-player stays true to duke 3d which was great to see, a great game just not so great in this era still im glad to have just been able to finally play it... dnf gives me hope for other stuck in development hell games will be in our hands some day.

BBS Signature
joako
joako
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 6/17/11 10:44 PM, whitejammrock101 wrote: Well at least Duke Nukem Forever brought back an shoot em up fps style instead of a CoD or medal of honor type fps

people still play medal of honor????

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 6/19/11 11:37 AM, Sinitron wrote: Macs are simplified to appeal to less adept users. In this sense, they are similar to consoles.

...So? I'm not much of a computer guy, so I have a Mac and use consoles for games, and that works perfectly fine for me (well, almost perfectly; my only big regret is that I can't play all the PC-exclusive indie games that come out). If you're more of a techie, then yeah, it makes sense for you to use a PC. People just have different interests and make their purchasing decisions accordingly.

Using a PC doesn't somehow make you a superior human being. Thinking that does make you a huge dork, though.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Wings of Desire (Wenders, 1987, West Germany/France) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Magic-Mushroom
Magic-Mushroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Duke Nukem Wrecks Take-two Jun. 19th, 2011 @ 02:44 PM Reply

I enjoyed it, hell I even bought the balls of steel edition.
The only problem is they tried to mix CoD with DN3D which failed.

I can't help but wonder if cawadoody didn't exist the game would have been better.

They said I could become anything so I became everything.

BBS Signature