00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Avat-round#1

3,416 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 00:06:07

WELCOME TO ANIMATOR VERSUS ANIMATOR TOURNAMENTS!
Name changed to avoid confusion with Sketchy's branch off competition
ARE YOU READY FOR ROUND ONE!?

VEIW THIS AWESOME INFORMATIVE VIDEO!

Rewards?

30.00 USD Store credit for each member of the winning team!
Thank you Tom!
And SketchyEntertainment is doing something that he wont tell me about... Hmm something smell's fishy.
Next year the prizes will be bigger :D

***PLEASE READ THIS:***

Now this is the first year I have ever done anything like this and I have to say this is a great turn out for being right between TOFA and the Game Jam. Next year I will post it in a better time zone. Or it begins June 1st and the other contests can move. It'll be a game of chicken. Anyway I am grateful for all who helped me out with this especially our sponsor SketchyEntertainment. I just wish to avoid confusion Sketch could have posted AVAT (Artist versus Artist Tournaments.) Not with the same name..
I would also like to thank Tom Fulp for giving us Store credit to give to the winning team :D
Every team can use their own frame rate and stage size. And use your own programs your not limited to Flash.

***Teams***

Now I am a bit confused. Some teams haven't gotten back to me on whether they've worked it out with the other team mates. So I decided If you see this post and want to participate just post your team name and members so I know your in and if you submit your entry by the deadline you are in the competition.

***Deadline***

The deadline for round 1 will be July 4th.
Each Judge's vote is worth 20 points. They give up to 20 points for your team so they have alot of power. One Judge could be the difference between winning and losing. Do some research and understand their likes and dislikes.
If you submit your Movie one hour late it's 10 points off and etc etc.
When you submit your Movie tag it with
AVAT2011

***Rules***

No explicit racism
No nudity unless it is blurred
Swearing must be limited and if possible not used at all
Don't make a fake team and submit shit just so you can get attention.
Credit Voice actors
Be original
Other than those there aren't many rules.

***Theme***

The theme for Round 1 will be.........

Commercials!

This means you can make a movie trailer, an infomercial, a television show teaser etc.
Just be original please!
I don't want to add so much information that your ideas are skewed by rules so I'll keep it short and sweet.

The Judging Panel will be:

RicePirate

RedHarvest

Luis

FlyingNinjaBannanas

Thanks everyone for helping out :D

Now everyone begin your Movies!

Looking forward to seeing the finished products on
JULY 4TH 2011!!!!!!!!

~Joshua Miller & Sketchy Entertainment

Short and sweet.... not so much..

BUUJACK GET BACK TO WORK!!!

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 00:37:43

Cool story bro.

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 10:18:46

Ok, I have a great idea for a movie trailer... Action sequences and fancy animation should gather attention of the judges.. Skype me for the detailssss.

leg in one hand, brerb in the other

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 13:40:02

You should of made it so people are assigned teams instead of making there own :c

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 14:21:59

BUUJACK GET BACK TO WORK!!!

NOOOOOOO, YO MAMA!

Gimme a minute! And im in it!

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 18:34:03

Commercial. Okay.
But does it have to be A commercial or a commercial-THEMED animation?

"Contra Mundum, Semper Et In Aeternum."

My voice acting demo - PM me if you need me:)

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-12 18:36:53

Anything to do with commercials ANYTHING O.O
I take it the lack of replies in this thread mean everyone is animating?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-13 11:17:05

Im the main script writer for my team... so yeah. =P I suppose.

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-13 22:45:19

Heyoo. I know there are already judges, but if anyone wants feedback on their work for this (i.e. a wall of text like I wrote for these: http://tofa.munchymedia.com/round1-revie ws.html ), drop me a PM once you're done and I can get you some feedback

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-17 17:44:41

17 days left until round 1 comes to a close!! :D

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-18 21:29:32

Add me on skype.
EVERYONE IN THE COMPETITION

Ftball1997
USA NH

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-23 09:21:49

11 Days Left!!!
After round 1 we will have a 3 day resting period!
And round 2 will be 5 weeks, the next theme is intense!
How are the Motion Tweens doing?

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-24 12:11:23

Our team is open for a second animator. If you're interested, check this out.

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-25 04:45:37

Can everyone please tell me what the frame rate is that they are using for their animations?

-SketchyEntertainment

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-06-25 12:17:54

24 for my team

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 20:16:03

3 days left until the end of round one.
So, what's everyone's progress. I'm curious. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 20:51:05

Not looking too good..
Whats the other teams take on extending the ending date of round1????

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 21:40:57

yes, please.. extend it
buujack and the others left the team its just narutomaker7 and me D:

Youtube

DeviantArt

animation ...

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 21:48:01

How does... Hmm since there is a holiday coming up i would expect everyone to be busy lately so howz about its extended to.... JULY 15th!!!

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 23:06:59

Damn, we are actually gonna finish on time despite our delays. First lost the voice actor, didn't get more until last week. Then Damien suddenly dropped out without notice.

Oh well, guess I can use the extra time to polish our entry.

My dog shits on my keyboard.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 23:39:33

So its settled?

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-01 23:45:51

Yeah, you all need it. This thing would fall apart with just one team submitting on time.

Good luck all, use your time to the fullest.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 14:29:09

I've been working my ass off and find it a bit unfair if you were to extend first round. Since I've pulled a lot of strings to make it on time it would be very unfair tbh..

It's called sleeping in the bed you've made. Just because the organizer happens to be in the competition he should not be allowed to abuse the power of extending it for his own good (even if it benefits more teams than his)

I mean, isn't this competition seriouse?

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 14:30:26

Working on a tight schedule, I am against extending this round. Next round, of course. But not this one. It's *way* too late in for such changes. Plus it's unfair.

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 15:37:30

So basically there seems to be some sort of mess, literally.

I was informed that Damien's team and Buujack's team left(or are on the verge of leaving) the competition due to the not so comfortable deadline.
Which would leave my team(me + MortalFudge), sketchyentertainment's team, Jomillex's team(basically 2 co-organizers if I'm not mistaken) and that's about it.
All this due to the not so comfortable deadline.
The leaving teams(ie the co-organizing teams), I hope I'm not mistaken are for extending the deadline.
Which we, ie me + mortalfudge didn't mind at first, though we are rather displeased with.
At first we thought that giving us a bit more time for round 2 would be a fair counterproposal to the deadline extension. However, after reconsidering the fact that there will be just 3 teams left(including ours), we are of the opinion, that posting our submission outside the competition would be the most beneficial outcome for our team's case. It's not about the deadlines, but rather about the compe
We thank the other teams and the organizers though, as the event greatly increased our skills - mostly in the fields of time-management.

Thanks in the name of Creativity Unleashed(Me and MortalFudge),
Kpheeyat

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 15:40:16

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, we would done this by monday. One from our team left, we had problems with VAs, but we made almost all of animating in a WEEK. I guess we have time to make it even better.
well good luck to all.

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 15:40:28

Just to sum it up.
They are leaving and we have 11 more days they left because they didn't want the other teams to have a chance to finish and think it's the other peoples fault for not being done on time.
Good bye Creativity Unleashed you guys were really good at being jerks to me.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 15:47:45

At 7/2/11 03:40 PM, Jomillex wrote: Just to sum it up.
They are leaving and we have 11 more days they left because they didn't want the other teams to have a chance to finish and think it's the other peoples fault for not being done on time.
Good bye Creativity Unleashed you guys were really good at being jerks to me.

Let's not go that childs play were we throw rocks at each other. Our debate over Skype is between us, not Newgrounds users. We had different goals, and we did not come to terms.

The motivation wasn't like that, but if you wish to portrait it that way then by all means go ahead. It just goes to show what the organizing standards of this competition is. And if you think I'm being a jerk now, then by all means think so. I just feel as if I've worked day and night, only to wake up today and see "Hey, let's extend it because we can't work with deadlines".

Put yourself in others shoes, perhaps you would see the error of extension that way. But I don't mind really, we'll submit our animation on it's own. Good luck in the competition, and the organization of it!

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 15:55:55

At 7/2/11 03:37 PM, Kpheeyat wrote: So basically there seems to be some sort of mess, literally.

I was informed that Damien's team and Buujack's team left(or are on the verge of leaving) the competition due to the not so comfortable deadline.
Which would leave my team(me + MortalFudge), sketchyentertainment's team, Jomillex's team(basically 2 co-organizers if I'm not mistaken) and that's about it.

Actually, Damien's team is MY team. And so is sketchyentertainment's. Our team did not leave, only Damien dropped out, and he still hasn't given a reason for it.

I agree that the deadline isn't fair when we also worked very hard to get it done on time. We had tons of delays and like MihaP said, we did all our animation this week. But I also wouldn't quit because of the extension.

BBS Signature

Response to Avat-round#1 2011-07-02 16:36:43

I don't know how was I a jerk to anyone in here, but if you think so, <shrug>

I just wanted to clarify that the deadlines change was *not* the only reason for us leaving.
To avoid childish arguing, I will leave it at that.

I bid good luck to everyone else left in the competition.