New Topic Respond to this Topic
BrokinPaper
BrokinPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-09 15:59:49 Reply

I am terribly sorry if there is already a forum post for this (I searched)

I have created a remix of Remember The Name, by Fort Minor, and I want to upload it here.
I used an acapella of it from http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/ and I am not sure if it is legal or not.

Thank you newgrounds.

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-09 17:05:11 Reply

You're using copyrighted material, and therefore it is not allowed to upload on NG. You CAN, however, get someone else to rap the same lyrics and use those in your remix instead. Then you can upload it, granted you don't have any other copyrighted material in it.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Also, pardon my terrible explanation skills, I'm really tired for some reason.

New tune: Yag

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-09 21:37:58 Reply

Yeah, remixes are pretty much no-gos unless it's a remix of a Newgrounder's music and/or you got the remixee's permission.

Take Sytzm's advice and get someone to rap it for you. Lucky for you, covers are fair game.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-09 21:59:44 Reply

parodies are also allowed - so the entire backing trackcould be identical but as long as all your vocals were different itd still be ok - heck you don't even have to ask the original artist for permission - what a loophole!

HungarianSupermarket
HungarianSupermarket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Audiophile
Response to Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-10 02:30:03 Reply

At 6/9/11 09:59 PM, Chronamut wrote: parodies are also allowed - so the entire backing trackcould be identical but as long as all your vocals were different itd still be ok - heck you don't even have to ask the original artist for permission - what a loophole!

Parodies are totally cool as long as YOU create every part of what you submit and don't sample the original. Like a cover. So taking an instrumental of the song and singing over it is not allowed.

This is filler text.
The Noise I Make. || I'm not dead! || Confess. || AIM/MSN.

BBS Signature
sugarsimon
sugarsimon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-10 02:36:59 Reply

your remix is so obvious to upload your music? find a'capellas?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Can I upload this remix? 2011-06-10 09:37:11 Reply

At 6/10/11 02:36 AM, sugarsimon wrote: your remix is so obvious to upload your music? find a'capellas?

He's right, you know.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature